Old 11-15-2007, 08:16 AM   #76  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Hey Seasoning. I don't know why but working out in the evening works out better for me too. I can do yoga in the morning ok but when it comes to intense cardio (which is on hold right now), I find evenings work much better.

I'm sorry I didn't say something earlier. I'm so very at a loss as to waht to say about your friend who's passing. It sort of jolts you into truly being aware and thankful for each day that you have.

Yay for the smaller pants JasonsLea!
soon2beslim You said it. It's hard work. The trick is to find something you love and it really won't seem like that hard work or so much of a chore anymore.
piggin Keep at it! The struggle is the real fight!

As for me, my weight has stabilized and I think perhaps I need to take it easy and just work on being happy. I'm trying that now.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #77  
move it

Thanks for your comments, Lekhika. My weight was down this morning by a couple of pounds! I am so pleased to finally see a change in the right direction. I don't know why exercising in the evening makes so much difference, but at least I know what to do now.

And thanks for your comments about my friend. He's still hanging on, but it won't be long.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #78  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Hey gals!

Does anyone watch the Biggest Loser? I caught the last half the other night and saw that there is a girl on the Black team who looks around my age and her starting weight is the same as mine! So I think I'm going to keep watching.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 07:32 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 175/155/125

Height: 5'1

Hi all, I had a great week this week, hopefully the weekend will go well. I will weigh in on monday am.
Hope you all have a great weekend!!
soon2beslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 PM   #80  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

JasonsLea. I do watch The Biggest Loser. Sort of as an incentive to get me off my butt...but I try not to match their weight loss, it's just not possible you know?

Good luck on your weigh in Soon2beslim.

I'm maintaining. The hemmy pain and swelling is subsiding. I'll be back to the workouts next week. I did free weights and crunches and took it easy again today.

I am going to work out tomorrow morning before our week long trip to NYC!
Woo!
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #81  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Good Luck Soon!

Have fun on your trip Lek!
Old 11-18-2007, 06:40 PM   #82  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

So I got a call from my mama earlier, letting me know to not get storage because she and my stepdad are coming up to get all their stuff out of storage so I can put my stuff with theirs. I kinda figured this would happen because even though I'm 21, I'm still her child and she doesn't want me making the trip (at least the first time) alone. So there goes my road trip. Kinda disappointed but have that warm fuzzy feeling cause my mama loves me (in her usual non-verbal way).
Old 11-18-2007, 07:30 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 174/153/120

Height: 5'6

ok lost 1.1 pounds this week!
Mistie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:49 PM   #84  

S/C/G: 174/153/120

Height: 5'6

Quote:
Originally Posted by soon2beslim View Post
Way to go Jasonslea!!! That's great, keep going!!

Sending you best wishes Seasonings.

Mistie08 - congrats on the great loss!

Welcome Willba.

I had a great weekend. Didn't make it to curves sat or sun, but got in a full 5 days last week. Ate well this weekend and am feeling great. Off to curves today.

WE CAN DO IT!
Thanks for the congrats
Mistie08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:28 PM   #85  

Congrats on the loss Mistie08!!

Have a great trip Lekhika!!

I had a good weekend...will see how my weigh in goes tommorow morning.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:55 AM   #86  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

OMG! I'm starting all over again! I had a wonderful weekend w/ DBF - BUT I did HORRIBLE eating wise. I still worked out - but it doesn't do muich when I ate McD's 2ce, Pizza (4 slices!), Big Johns and drank! I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm seriously up 10.5 pounds!!!!!!!!!! AHHHH!!! I know that a lot of it is water weight TOM is supposed to vist soon. I'm not changing any tickers until my offical weigh in on Friday - I'm expecting that I'll lose a lot of the water and hopefully some fat by then! I'm also increasing the workouts and decreasing the calories - at least for this week.

I know there's no way I'm going to hit my Turkey day goal - not with this bad of a mess up.. but there's still hope for Christmas. #170 by Christmas... that's the goal. I'll redo all my goals on Friday after my actual weigh in. I'm hoping that the Turkey day goal is the only one I'll miss.

**CORECTION>>> I ate McD's 3 TIMES!!!<<<What was I thinking????**

Last edited by Enygirl; 11-19-2007 at 07:56 AM.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #87  

I 'm down one pound. Thats good enough for me since tom is in town.

Don't worry Enygirl.. we all have days like that and I'm sure by Friday it will be back to normal.

Last edited by soon2beslim; 11-19-2007 at 08:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:14 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi Everyone,

It seems like everyone is getting back on track, it’s good to see. I have also got myself back on track. I am being careful not to hurt my legs this time. I have also incorporated some walking into my exercise regime with a friend of mine who wants to lose a few pounds also.

A friend gave me some scales because they knew I wanted some. Unfortunately I am not sure if they are very accurate. Is it possible to gain about 4lbs over night? I weighed myself in the evening after dinner, and then in the morning before I had eaten anything. I didn’t think that kind of difference was possible; I thought it should have been a lot less. Are the scales worthless or is that kind of over night gain possible?

Enygirl
Mark it up as a weekend off that you deserved and then carry on working towards your Christmas Goal. You can do it!

Mistie08
Well done on losing the weight. I gained more 1.1 pounds last week!

JasonLea
Enjoy your trip even if it is with your mum : )

Lekhika
I am glad you are feeling a bit better; it’s amazing that you still get on with it and exercise. I would be making all kinds of excuses! Enjoy your NYC trip
dubh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 02:57 PM   #89  
move it

Hi folks, I've been going crazy but finally took my exam yesterday and now I can kick back for a bit. Unfortunately, my eating got seriously out of whack for a couple of days and I'm hiding out from the scale. I'm back on track, though, and being extra good so I can enjoy turkey day.

dubh, there's definitely a difference in what scales will weigh. We got three bathroom scales together a few months ago and compared. Each gave a different weight. The spring-type scales are the worst - they lose calibration faster but it happens with all of them.
seasoning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:22 PM   #90  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

I hope you are right! I can't believe that I let myself get that out of control! But I'm going to get back on the wagon RIGHT NOW! I've been doing good so far today - i'm not going to mess it up now!
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote