Old 10-24-2007, 05:22 PM   #76  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Aimee ~ you are so right. it's incrediably easy to stall, make up excuses. that's why I'm still the way i am! I could have lost this in high school. *shakes head* wasted time.

30 mins walking today. I think I need to set up the coffee pot again! since I've switched to nights, I've been sleeping WAY to much as opposed to too little. I need to shot for 7-9 hours because if I get less or more, I get horrible headaches.

Electronics rant:

Okay, I am SO pissed right now! my cable got turned off, which was totally my fault, so i had been watching DVDs for the last couple of weeks. So the other night, after I had just got finished watching The Brothers Grimm, I had a urge to watch Helen of Troy. so I pop it in, I knew something was wrong because it didn't immediately go to the DVD screen. It said 'loading' for about six mins then popped the movie out! I tried again, same thing. Assuming it was the dvd, I tried a different movie.....then another....then another....then another! Same thing. finally I put back in the Brothers Grimm, which I had just watched that morning, and IT DID THE SAME THING! So somehow my DVD player is screwed up! *screams* So no TV! All the channels are fuzzy and I have no rabbit ears!

Today.....
I was finally ready to try this pumpkin pie smoothie that I had got out of Prevention. I got the ingredients, stomach rumbling, and started the blender. it started to blend then I pushed another button for a higher speed, saw a spark and heard a little pop. Blender went dead. I'm thinking, plug outlet blew. But the microwave was still on! Unplugged the blender and tried every damn socket in that kitchen...no dice. So my blender is broken! And I can't find the receipt! I just had it last week! I think it's in the car....at the shop....with my umbrella and my license! *screams*
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:47 PM   #77  
Fat-be-gone

shari - sorry about all ur problems with ur electronics. looks like ur gonna have to resort to doing things the way they were done before there was light. lol

aimee - yes its very easy to procrastinate. I hate it. And the worst part is thinking that only if I had stuck with everything from the beginning of this year until now, I would have probably been almost to goal. Thats the worse. I guess we just gotta get up and get it done, u know?

courtnie - hows it going??

I'm hanging on by a thread. Not eating right, not exercising. I really want to exercise, I so need it....I just haven't had it in me to start. Ugh! This is the worst feeling - knowing what I have to do and not doing it. This sucks.

Anywho....what are all ya'll plans for this weekend. It's halloween weekend, so any costume parties? Is anyone dressing up?? I love costume parties!!! I'm prolly dressing up as a pirate and me and the bf will probably hit a club, since his family flaked out on a costume party. I really hope the costume fits and I look ok in it. Man, losing wieght really would of helped me here!!!

take care!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #78  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Ro ~ Get out of the darkness! Come back to the light! We miss you! I have no plans for halloween...at least dressing up. It's my little cousin and my friend's BF's birthdays so maybe a party.

Homework today so only 30 mins walking.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:29 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

I exercised today as well - 45 minutes of Turbo Jam - I love their workouts. I am still eating crap though, so that doesn't exactly help me all that much, lol. Gotta start somewhere eh!

Shari - sorry you are having such a harsh day! Good for you with the exercise!

Rosario - small goals, very small goals, thats my plan. I wish you the best of luck with getting back on track... its HARD!

My exercise has left me a very tired girl.. so I am off to bed. Nite!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:01 PM   #80  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Just wanted to drop in and say HI!
Old 10-27-2007, 06:47 PM   #81  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

all.

70 mins today. I bypassed my goal this month!

Someone else noticed today. My mama's BFF asked me if I was losing weight. I told her 'not really, I think I'm losing inches'. We'll see at the end of this week. I actually measured myself at the beginning of this month so....
Old 10-28-2007, 10:55 PM   #82  

I bet you have lost inches - and totally tightened up! With that amount of exercise how could you NOT?!? Congrats on hitting your exercise goal

I am thinking of joining WW for real, like going to meetings and all. I gotta figure out the price though - that might be my deciding factor. I am gonna ask this friend of mine to join with me as well, going to meetings with a friend? I think it would make me want to go just that much more. Tell me this though - do they frown upon you if you lose more than 2 pounds a week? If I'm doing really well sometimes I will lose 5 pounds in a week... maybe I am just looking for excuses NOT to join. I will keep you all posted!

-Aimee
Old 10-29-2007, 01:15 PM   #83  
Fat-be-gone

Aimee - they don't frown upon you losing more than 2 pounds a week. They'll be happy for you just as long as your losing. I think in the beginning it'll be where you lose the most, so it's expected. But I guess it does calm down after a bit. I do remember getting disapproving looks (that's what it looked like to me) from one lady taking my weight because I wasn't losing anything. But, yeah, I totally deserved it.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #84  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Aimee ~ No you shouldn't get any disapproving looks. Unless you're at a meeting full of *****es. But if you don't feel right at one meeting, try another.

Hi Ro!
Old 10-30-2007, 05:31 PM   #85  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Guess what everyone?! I GOT THE FIRST CALL!!! Anyone who has worked for the government, especially the VA, should know what I am talking about. The first call is one of about three communications you get when you've got the job. In other words, San Antonio has accept my motion for a transfer! I got a call yesterday from the chief himself! He asked me if I was still interested, how long would it take for me to get there, then we made small talk. Then he told me that HR would contact me. HR will be the second call, then I will probably get a letter telling me when orientation is. Since the SA VA is about four times bigger than the Birmingham one, I'm sure I'm going to have to do orientation again. Now, if I hadn't gotten the job, he wouldn't have called me and he definitely wouldn't have told me HR would call me! YAY!

Oh and I lost 2.2 lb this week.
Old 11-01-2007, 12:12 AM   #86  

Shari - sounds like a GREAT day!! Congrats on the WI and the job! SA VA? I get the VA part but feel like I'm missing out on the SA part.

So I've been doing so good - eating lots of veggies and fruits. Not counting calories just yet, but making positive changes. I am hoping that I will see some kinda change in the scale - release some water weight maybe. Fingers crossed, I might jump on the scale tomorrow morning. I am exhausted so I am off to bed... tty soon!

-Aimee
Old 11-01-2007, 10:39 AM   #87  
Fat-be-gone

shari - congrats! wow, relocating sounds like a lot of fun!! way to go on ur loss!!

aimee - on ur scale reading.....with the way ur going there'll definitely be a loss.

Well, today is the first day of the second to the last month of the year. i've wasted 10 months of 2007, and wasteful I will be no longer.

Here's the plan for me:
1500 calories a day - I'm going to start off just watching portion sizes and trying to incorporate more veggies and fruits into my diet and try to stay away from the fast food and processed junk I've been stuffing into my mouth.
Exercise!!! - I'm starting my Slim in 6 dvd and I'm going to try to get walking in on my lunch and get to the gym on the weekends.

I know I can do it this time. And now I really want to. My heart is in it, so I know this time it is for real. Wish me luck!!
Old 11-01-2007, 03:57 PM   #88  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Aimee ~ SA is San Antonio. Sending good vibes for scale day!

Ro ~ WOOOOOT! Welcome back on board, sweetie!
Old 11-01-2007, 04:19 PM   #89  

S/C/G: 253/ticker/130

Height: 5'1

I'm new to this site - but I need exactly what you give - MOTIVATION AND INSPITRATION!
I decided to take control of myself about 5 weeks ago, and really started acting upon that decision about 2 weeks ago. I'm a little slow - and decsions always sound good.. getting the motivation to actualy work at them... well at least I'm determined this time!

I want to be at #170 by Christmas, and overall I want to get to #125. Big goals for a big girl!

I need the support and wisdom of those going through it with me!

Last edited by Enygirl; 11-06-2007 at 09:25 AM.
Enygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 05:46 PM   #90  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Welcome Eny!

So I had a NSV last night and NO it didn't have anything to do with halloween candy! I got a call from my BFF telling me that she had just got a check in the mail from our school for over a $1000! Left over financial aid. So we were both psyched but as soon as I got off the phone, I could feel myself going downhill. I was thrilled for her but I couldn't help but wonder why does everyone else get the good luck? Then I looked at the huge stack of bills on my kitchen table and started crying. then I immediately started to hate myself. i ran into the bedroom and dug out the whooping $2.17 that I have to my name, fully intending to march down to the gas station and drown myself in 25 cent fudgies. i was counting out the change ( yes! CHANGE!) when I actually stopped and asked myself, what the **** are you DOING?!?! I'm shocked no one called the cops cause I got up and started screaming at myself and cussing. I bit my tongue and that quieted me down. Then I went and made myself a packet of hot chocolate. it worked.