Old 03-08-2007, 09:15 PM   #436  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

Good Evening Chicks,

Ninepaw. The more the merrier It's always cool to have some new insight and support. Your goals are on track with the rest of us. What plan are you following???

Aimin you officially broke that plateau It must feel awesome. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be sitting on that plateau for the next week or so as I have so much happening this next 10 days.

Sno step by step your getting there. Back on track with the eating is the most important one. Try and work a little walk in here and there while visiting.

Lux your doing awesome. Must have felt good at the doctors office. Keep up what your doing and remember no matter what you'll feel better after you exercise.

Third day in a row for me making it to the gym. Burned 500 cals doing cardio today and did an intense ab workout so feeling tired in a good way tonight. Eating has been so so because I know I'm going to be on vacation for the next 10 days and traveling alot so my goal is to maintain the current weight. On the first day of spring I will be doing a few new things to mix things up and see if I can't get things moving again.

Cheers,

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 10:36 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Thursday

HI all:

thanks again for all the words of encouragement. I am doing a lot better and am planning on really getting with the program starting tuesday!

Luxor--so fantastic to have your doctor notice the 20lb loss!

Nina--great job with the exercise--good luck on vacation!

Aimin--glad you are back--thanks for the motivational speech==that is really helpful!

ninepaws-- Great to have you with us--let us know your plan and goals!!

Sumi: Great job--sometimes raising calories helps lose weight cause it sends to metabolism higher.

Have a great weekend!
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 12:22 PM   #438  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Luxorbea- if you only knew about that dancing...it was a crazy shriner party and one of my friend's husbands is just this really fun, unstuffy kind of guy...well all of the older people knew how to do this really official Texas twirling kind of dancing, and Bill could tell that I didn't so he just grabbed me and started whirling me around and around pulled me in and then pushed me out. We both laughed hysterically and had so much fun! I think we had more fun pretending to dance than the people who actually knew how! After that the band played "8675309 Ginny" and the shriner put me up on the bar and made me dance Coyote Ugly style on the bar....It was wild! But I really do think I danced off the cheesecake!

Ninepaw- Welcome! You have just joined the company of some of the finest people I have never met. This a great place to get the support you need to accomplish a really difficult, but rewarding transformation.

40 you and I are always neck and neck in this challenge. Don't sweat the plateau like I did. I like how Snow calls it " your body getting used to the new you". I really look forward to celebrating making goal with you!!! I know you can do it.

Sumisan- how is the new calorie plan treating ya today? Good?

Snow- I need those pep talks myself. It is weird, I know those things, but it always seems easier to give that advice to others than to just internalize it and take heed of it myself. Does that make any sense? I am glad that you are ready to "hop back on the wagon with vigor". I think I need to put my momentum where my mouth is so I am going to order the power 90 program today and try to GULP...DREAD, SIGH- begin jogging. I know that for my body the only way to reach some of these problem spots I have (lovehandles, backfat, underbutt pouch jiggle under the triceps...) is to turbo burn it with some serious cardio. Running is inevitable. I tried to do a little jogging last night and got chased by a Schnauzer.... Wish me better luck tomorrow!!!

Last edited by aimin4thin; 03-09-2007 at 12:25 PM. Reason: left something out...
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 03:01 PM   #439  
Skinny Chick in Training

S/C/G: 191/178-182???/145

aimin: I am giving it 2 weeks. Nothin yet either way. I am sore though I think from squating and weeding yesterday.

Hope you all are gearing up for a great weekend, supposed to be sunny here and WARM!!! I can not wait! Today Is my cardio day and then I get tomarrow off, I am hoping we can take our road trip to Kansas City then.

Ok off to go eat MORE food --- BLAH... It is so much easier to ignore food! --Sumi
sumisan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2007, 10:39 PM   #440  
small steps equal success

S/C/G: 186/152/135

Height: 5'4"

TGIF ladies,

I'm now off for 9 days and really looking forward to the break. Three days planned at one ski resort and another trip planned for the last three days if the snow holds. It's looking a little iffy towards the end of March break but I've got my fingers crossed. After this I only want to see warm temps and melting snow. Sumi I envy you your weeding. One of my passions in life is gardening and I can't wait to get things growing. I started a bunch of seeds last week and things are sprouting nicely. I'm going to Canada Blooms tomorrow, the largest garden show in Canada held in downtown Toronto.

Aimin I'm with you as far as making those goals and celebrating so lets keep up the good work.

I went to the Movie Wild Hoggs tonight. It was very funny. Alot better than I thought it would be. Hubby is a Motorcycle Man and just waiting for the snow to melt.
I'll be checking in sporadically for the next little bit because of travel so keep it up chicks!!!

Heres to a great weekend all,

Nina
40 before 40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #441  

Default friday nite

Hi all;

just a quick check in before I go--I am psyched to get back and really get to it. I think I will be like our new buddy and aim to lose 20 by the end of the challenge--I know I can do it--that is only 2.5 lbs per week.

My goal is to keep drinking the water, exercise as much as possible and be back ready to go on Tuesday--hang in there guys and cant wait to see how yu are all doing!

sno
Old 03-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #442  

S/C/G: 299/259/175

Height: 5'7"

I am supposed to be packing my girls up to go to their grandpa's house for the day, but I stepped on the scale and I am totally excited! it said 269.8!!!!!! Except that's 6 pounds this week! Is that too much? According to my spreadsheet that tallies my cals in and cals out, I should have been at 274 expect for my TOM, but even then it would be over 4 pounds. Is that ok? I know I have not been eating. Like Sumi said, it's easier to just ignore food. Right now I'm very stressed and I start out planning, but when it comes time to eat, I don't want the good food I've planned, and I'm afraid that if I start eating I wont' be able to stop. This week, there was only one day I ate more than 1600 cals...and I've been aiming for 1800-1900.

So, I am super excited to be loosing, but afraid that if I'm loosing too quickly by not eating, then I'm doing more harm to my body. I really want to do this right and be healthier.

Anway, any advice? Other than eat. LOL
Luxorbea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:04 PM   #443  
Diana Kay

S/C/G: 275/SeeTicker/200

Height: 5'11"

40 - Thanks for that very colorful welcome ^^ The only plan I'm following really is "Eat less, move more." Although I've not been too great about the move more part of it, I still walk to and from school each day, and I make it more or less a power walk when I do so that's something! I've lost 2 pounds so far! Yay!
ninepaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:09 AM   #444  
ABQKieslings

Default Can I join?

Hi everyone,
I just happened to pass by this challenge last week, and I want to join! I forgot to sign up, but I think I can and I want to lose 20 pounds my May 1. Someone let me know if I can still join!

Old 03-12-2007, 12:38 PM   #445  

Of course you can join us, ABQ!!! We are very happy to have you here with us. Tell us a little about yourself, and what plan you are following . How exciting! I love this group!

Nine: Congrats on 2 more pounds gone!

Sumi- how's the high cal life treating you? I hope that scale moved down to reward you for all your efforts!

Aimin- OMG! I think anyone willing to dance on a bar has earned herself some cheesecake Some day....some day I will be willing to do that (Maybe I'll start taking some dancing lessons heehee)

Dolly & WBM- hope to see you back posting with us soon

Well, my official weigh in is just a bit less than 268. I'm doing better with the eating. I told my hubby and he was upset that I was skipping meals, and so has been great about reminding me that I do need to eat...and also reminding me to stop (I was talking to him last week while he was washing dishes for me, and I started eating bits of leftover stuffing so he asked if I really wanted to be eating that. And I didn't, so I stopped and put it away and that was the end. If he hadn't said anything, who knows how much I would have eaten before I realized it!)

Can stress or lack of sleep burn calories? Because according to fitday I should be just about 272 my data for Feb worked out great, but halfway into March and I'm off by 4 pounds. That seems excessive. But this month has been stressful, although it's starting to ease up slightly. I'm just going to accept that it's ok, and that as long as I don't make a habit of not eating, and I'm aiming for a healthy life, then this past week is ok

SMART Goals for this week:
Drink 4 bottles of water a day.
Get to the gym 2 times this week
(It's gunna be a busy week, and I need to get caught up on housework)
oh, alright....Clean the Dining Room so my family can actually EAT together.

Have a terrific day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Nina----Will lose 32 lbs by May 6th 12.5 down 19.5 to go!
Dolly---Will lose 25 lbs by May 6th...down 3, 22 to go!
Sno----Will lose 36 lbs by May 6th--8 down, 28 to go!
Worldsbestmom5 – will lose 34lbs by May 6th down 6 only 28 more to go!
aimin4thin--will lose 36 by May 6th...14 down 22 to go
Luxor (aka Bridget)- will lose 36 lbs by May 6th.......27 down, 9 more to go!
Ninepaws--Will lose 20 lbs by May 4th....
ACQKieslings--Will lose 20 lbs by May 1.....
Old 03-13-2007, 10:43 AM   #446  
Goodbye Fat!

Hey Ladies,

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I was really sick with the flu. It took me out to the pasture, I just felt horrible. I am left with a cough now, but I can deal with that. Also during the same time I found out some very exciting news. I am pregnant! This will be mine and DH's first so we are both very scared and so excited. Doctor was very specific that she does not want me to lose any weight or gain any weight for the next month, but to continue exercising. So I guess my goal to get to 125 is not going to happen. She said that around 150 was very healthy, so I am happy with that. She even said the I could keep jogging for the time being. This makes me nervous, but what do I know. Any advice? I did jog for 20 minutes this morning and then walked for 20 more.

Luxorbea: It is great that you have a supportive husband with your weightloss. I have always read and heard that the lack of sleep causes you to gain weight. Great goals for the week!

40: Hope you are having a great time on your trip!

Welcome to all the newbies!!!!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2007, 11:39 AM   #447  

Dolly- WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations to you & your hubby! I've never been much of a jogger myself, but I know I didn't feel comfortable enough to do my DDR while pregnant. It just seemed too jarring. If the dr says it's ok to jog tho, then go for it if you feel comfortable. But if you don't, then just do some walking. It must be a little frustrating to have to stop your weight loss when you are getting so close! But your little one is going to need lots of nourishment Oh I am just so excited! I love babies! You can trade in your weight loss ticker for a due date ticker

I'm off to the gym. Didn't make it yesterday, and my dad told me not to slack off when I've been doing so well. (I didn't even know he had noticed LOL)

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:52 PM   #448  
Goodbye Fat!

Thanks Luxorbea, I don't know if it has really sunk it. My plan is continue exercising and to keep eating healthy. I really want to keep on track and not revert to my old ways and have all the weight come back really fast because that is not healthy at all. I hope your workout went well and keep up the great work!
dollypie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 09:21 AM   #449  

Default Wednesday

Hi all:

well I am back from my vacation--it was very intense. My eating was pretty intense too--plus I am on tom and very bloated. But I am also very ready to get back on plan and lose 20 lbs by may5!

Dolly--great news! You must be so excited. And you have already lost some weight and are used to healthy eating and a diet plan so you probably wont gain too much during the pregnancy.

ABQ-- tell us about your plan for your weight loss!

luxor--great job--your hubby is right--missing meals is not the way to go except occaisionally--it just cranks the metabolism down low.

Have a great weekeveryone!
Old 03-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #450  
masterpiece in progress

S/C/G: 165/165/130

Height: 5 ft. 7 inches

Default Quick Check In!

Hey gals... Don't have long to post cause I have a huge whoppin deadline at work ICK!

ABQ - welcome to the group

Sumisan- How is it going?

Luxorbea- my spreadsheet and my scale weight took a few wrong turns as well but I am getting back on track now that the plateau broke THANK GOD..I thought it was gonna kill me! You have great SMART goals! You will get there girl!

Snow- tell us more about vacation!!! I need to live vicariously through you!

Dollypie- Awesome to hear from you!!!

Well, I am happy to say that as of this morning (check out that ticker) I am officially 15 pounds from my total weight loss goal. If I can drop 5 this month and 10 in April, I am there! Whooo Hooo!

Of course I don't have a single thing to wear and I need a whole new wardrobe which DH isn't pleased about but...hey no better reason, right? Also last night I was out with a girlfriend at happy hour (don't worry, I was diet good) and I saw this guy who used give me the cold shoulder and he said " oh my god you look amazing" and he got very flirty... HA HA- yeah buddy, eat your heart out!!! Watch out size 8's .... here I come!!!!
aimin4thin is offline   Reply With Quote