3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free Challenge: 6.20.11 - 6.26.11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/236003-binge-free-challenge-6-20-11-6-26-11-a.html)

missunshine 06-24-2011 03:06 PM

i haven't binged for 5 days. the last time was on sunday...i had really crappy day and then mom gave me a huge chocolate that some guests brought and it was just the breaking point. it's so hot that i don't even feel hunger.a few times i caught myself planning binges and what to buy but i resisted somehow. it helped me also not being in the house all day but instead i went to study to the library and i liked it a lot. i even met some people and ran into an old professor...crazy week. i have one very important exam next week which i've been putting up for 3 years so i really hope i make it. and when i don't understand something in the book i become so nervous that i just want to stuff myself with chocolate :/ one more week and i'm free...for one month and then back to studying again...ahhh no vacations for me this year.

littlebumblebee 06-24-2011 03:18 PM

Hi everyone,

I have not been here in almost 2 years. I was doing really good. But, many life changes occurred. My brother died, I had to do some travelling, and so many things.

And well, I was unable to control my eating disorder of binge eating. I want to get back in control. I want to feel healthy and happy again.

fruitlady 06-24-2011 08:17 PM

littlebumblebee- Welcome back!

Beila- Thanks, yes, having to toss the cake was a good thing, don't feel bad about it at all. LOL

jendiet- thanks

Day10- I can't believe it. I've been thinking of binging all day, almost baked something just so I could eat it. There's nothing else here, so it will take some work if i want to binge. I can survive tonight, feeling nervous about tomorrow.

jendiet 06-24-2011 11:13 PM

beila, they can do a test for your adrenal and thyroid hormones...a saliva test is better for your adrenals though.

I also take Mega Greent Tea in order to stick to my exercise plan. I can not take it now, so I spike my SO's shampoo with it to keep him having a healthy head of hair. :P.

I also binge alot during tom usually and i commend you on not feeling the need to do it.

miss sun, i totally understand the need to drown yourself in chocolate when your studies overwhelm you, wow waiting up to 3 years for this exam. i understand the implications. I prayed through the days leading up to my RN exam...and on that day, i really did have PEACE. still a little scared, but i passed easily. I am sure your hard work will pay off.

bumblebee, so sorry for your loss, good for you for sticking with your health through these trying times.

krampus, keep up the good work on not going into binge mode especially with things like cookies...

firebird, do you have a facebook? if you do, you can add me, and message me if you feel you are in a crisis mode...just PM me.

Scoot, you overcame negativity and a bad situation wihtout a binge...shows you are coping. whatever you are doing to cope make a note of it. good coping skills.

fruit lady, think on all your accomplishments. Stay strong. you can do it, don't forget to take some YOU time and just relax...

desire, i echo the feelings, but remember to take some time for you too. i also live day by day. if i didn't i'd wear myself out JUST THINKING about what was to come.

vixsin, you just go!

happy, it's funny we go out of our way to help others, but not ourselves.

ncu, girl, just take it easy good job on getting through potential binge situations.

mama, day 52 is an awesome accomplishment!

afm, I'm on day 3! I got through it pretty easily. baby slept alot more today. i did get overwhelmed during orientation to my online classes, but i didn't turn around and bury myself in food.

spingirl9 06-25-2011 07:25 AM

I am 15 days binge free as of yesterday.

ivey03 06-25-2011 08:12 AM

day 6! yay!

Vixsin 06-25-2011 08:27 AM

ncuneo 06-25-2011 09:26 AM

Ehh....day 1. Yesterday was weird. First of all in the scheme of binges this one was minor, a mini binge. I almost hesitate to call it a binge, but it was. I had my loss of control but had I really wanted to I could have stopped it, so that is encouraging. And usually after a Friday binge my mentality usually goes straight to let's just binge all weekend, but I don't feel like that, I'm ready to be OP today. I know TOM should be here any time now, but I haven't been having the crazy urges I usually do. I'm disappointed cause I was so close to 30 days, and I'm dissapointed because I can't be happy that it was a very minor binge by my history because I'm beating myself up that I have to start at day 1 again. So I'm not sure I want to track my days anymore. I have it marked down in case I'm every curious, but punishing myself because I have to go back to day one instead of feeling good that it wasn't as bad as past binges doesn't seem very productive...I don't know.

I'm working really hard to balance my exercise and nutrition and this are starting to align. It's going to be a transition for me because I tend to eat a lot on Saturday's, but I don't exercise. So I'm cutting back on Saturday's and increasing on others days. This gives a little more purpose to my eating which I like.

So maybe I'll never get to be 100% binge free, but if I only binge occasionally like I did last night I'll be happy, too bad there was nothing "worth it" to binge on. It was a rather unsatisfactory binge. I think keeping the binge foods out of the house is helping.

Have a good day everyone.

LiannaKole 06-25-2011 09:58 AM

I'd like to join these threads, because I am having major issues with binges. Since about the beginning of December, it's been a problem. I was 143 then, and I'm nearly 160 now. Ugh. However, it could have been much worse, so I'm trying hard to get back on track now. I've been overweight before and conquered it, and I'll do it again.

One of my main problems right now is when I get up at night to use the bathroom. I've always done this, regardless of how much liquid I consume. But when I do that, I randomly go and snack WAY too much, then go to bed. I don't even remember it until hours later, usually. I'm not sure how to stop this. And right now I'm living with others, so I can't lock up the food in the house. And it's not that I'm hungry - it's a mental thing, I think. Any advice would be much appreciated.

So, this is day 3 with no binge! My goal is to go 7 days at first, because I haven't made it that long in months. Then we'll move on from there.

And I'm going on another vacation this week (I just got back from a 2 week one last week). This one it'll be easier to eat right, thankfully. I'm bringing my scale and keeping track! It's time again.

desiresdestiny 06-25-2011 01:13 PM

Day 27..... So I have been busy with grad school :book2:and my traineeship but I am really trying to take time for myself cause if not I would go crazy....I have survived three weeks and I have been able to go to the gym x4 a week, so I am happy about that...I also started seeing a therapist again cause I want to work on my self esteem issues and body image issues cause I know I got problems :o

Lianna- welcome...there is alot of support on these threads, I have not been here long but I can tell you one thing, the ladies here are just amazing!!:hug:

Ncuneo--That's good, you are not letting a mini binge ruin your weekend...stay strong..

Fruitlady- Good job on resisting the urge to bake....I have the same problem I love to bake when I am stressed out but at the same time that can be way too dangerous cause once it is done, its is DANGEROUS...

Jendiet--I love your motto "stress eat on veggies" :)....:broc::broc::broc:

Missunshine--All the best with your exams.....I hear ya on exams and stress, you can do it,,,just think of how far you have come...

Vixsin--wow, that number!!! good job....

Krampus--you can do it....I like your insight about just because you have parties does not mean you have to binge...that's my struggle too cause sometimes I feel I should be able o eat whatever I want and I can if I able to stop which alot of times I can't :(

Beila-- It's good that you trying to pay attention to why you binge...That's what I am trying to do cause I know bingeing it my escape from reality when once food is gone, I just feel crappy and then I have to deal with those feelings of shame and guilt

K9--Hope you are having a good weekend and not stressing over the socials...one day at a time :)

Have a wonderful weekend ladies

jendiet 06-25-2011 01:42 PM

sping, good job! i hope to get there myself.
vixsin, you amaze me.
ivey, keep taking it one day at a time.

desires, it is awesome you are so buy academically and you are taking time for yourself.

krampus, how is the partying MINUS the binging going? I'm sure you are doing fine.

beila, i agree on trying to figure out why we developed this defective coping...and what we can do to replace it with effective coping. something that doesn't leave us miserable after we do it to deal with stress.

Lianna, it appears you are sleep eating. That is a very hard behavior to manage. There might be something deep you are dealing with. Is there a buddy that can wake up when you go into the kitchen, maybe one of those cabinet alarms or something? and redirect you to bed.

nc, honey you have worked so hard to get where you are. I understand about the perfectionist mentality though. Make sure you understand the difference between overeating and binging. Binging is psychological. You mindlessly stuff your face for some other reason than hunger. overeating is the food tasted good, so you wanted more. Binging is a defective coping mechanism that needs to be dealt with THEREFORE any binge is an unwanted behavior. It is a good thing that you have curtailed some of the negative side effects to binging--such as weight gain , by keeping only good food in the house. (That is why my motto is stress eat on veggies) But recognize this behavior just can't be forgotten because now the weight loss doesn't follow--that is an AMAZING improvement. Because we all know binging usually leads to more misery by causing us to gain weight as well. Binging is an addictive behavior or VICE just like alcohol to an alcoholic. There is no such thing as JUST ONE. or a "good" binge. A binge under control is the best we can hope for, and you have definitely MADE PROGRESS with that. I aspire to you.

tea2 06-25-2011 02:15 PM

I have troubles with binging on sweets, mostly. I have not done that
since June 13 and have lost 2 pounds.

desiresdestiny 06-25-2011 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tea2 (Post 3907159)
I have troubles with binging on sweets, mostly. I have not done that
since June 13 and have lost 2 pounds.

:cp:

Beila 06-25-2011 03:49 PM

Day 5! I usually have no problems on day 5-7...I'll be good to finish this week's challenge binge free :)

Also, dropped a pound from yesterday, so I'm doing SOMETHING right, yeah?

MamaTo2Boys--52! You've made it over the hill! Awesome! Keep going for me. I want to be there too!

MissSunshine--When you get so nervous like that because you don't understand something in the book, wait for a moment and think about a way to figure it out. Ask classmates, review problems/concepts similar to it, review the notes, email your teacher, and do anything that is proactive towards helping you understand the thing in the book. But do not think about stuffing yourself with chocolate. You know it won't help. Being away from the house helped you so you can just keep doing things like that, going library to study, on campus, whatever. Change your scenery to keep you away from the junk food. Good luck on your exam! It will all pay off one day and you'll go on a fabulous vacay then!

littlebumblebee--Sorry to hear about your brother. :hug: You are here now and are doing something proactive to change your life for the better. You can make it happen. Eating healthy and exercising is the equation in my life for feeling happy. I could weigh the same weight for the rest of my life, but if I don't eat healhty or exercise, I just don't feel as happy for some reason.

FruitLady--You made it to double digit land!! This is great! Don't go back now. You are doing good! Stop thinking about baking. It's only baking. There are more enjoyable things to do with your time. Baking leads to eating, and worrying about what to do with the thing you baked. Maybe train your brain to only think about baking when there is a need to bake like a special occasion. Well, there's nothing in your house, so good for you for clearing the house of junk. But don't feel nervous about tomorrow. Once you get to tomorrow, you will feel different than you do about it now. Like getting to the top of a steep mountain. Once you're there, you're like YEAH! I did it!

JenDiet--That is funny that you use the pills for your son's shampoo! I didn't know green tea was good for hair. I know it's good for skin, as green tea bags can help calm and sooth skin, and caffeine helps slough away dead skin cells. Good job on day 3 and making the choice not to bury yourself in food despite the difficulties of your class. You're getting into the swing of it, and will survive.

Ncuneo--I dunno, it seems like you are in a good place mentally, so I wouldn't say you fell off the wagon completely, maybe just let your legs dangle off the sides. I do see HUGE improvements this past month with your temptations and control level. I also like to think that a normal life is where mild binging happens, but like once in a blue moon. I've eaten over a thousand calories at a meal in the past, numerous times, and I was able to stay skinny that way. I don't think it was binging though. Overeating yeah. I also agree with JenDiet's definitions of binging vs overeating, so take a closer look at that next time you feel the need to analyze the beahvior as it's happening. If tracking the days doesn't feel right to you, then let it go. It's just more work. However some people need that constant reminder each day that they are living binge free, so posting daily helps. However, I wonder if giving the time to think about it actually promotes binging? Hmmm. Not sure, but as for me, I need to keep being proactive for at least a month, posting and reading here to help guide me and understand the problem. Binge eating has been something I've been battling on and off for years, and I haven't realized it until this year. Rambling here, but anyhoo, you do seem to have really awesome control of your eating when you are on plan, so give yourself credit for all those days, and look at the bigger picture. Have a good weekend, and don't let this ruin it!

LiannaKole--Your story is exactly the same thing with me! I have binged uncontrollably in the past, like over 5 years ago, but this past January it started up again and made me gain like 15 pounds. I'm still trying to lose just the first 5 since the start of this year! Anyways, keep trying for the next week, and we'll get through this together. Have fun on your vacay! Can't believe you're bringing your scale. Isn't it heavy? As for your night time eating, can you think about not "ruining" your freshly brushed teeth before you step out to the kitchen? Maybe put a sign on the back of your bedroom door that reminds you of a nice minty mouth. That will put a subliminal message in your brain to stop right there. You put your teeth at risk of cavities by eating in the middle of the night and going back to bed. Bacteria from the food stays in there. Also, the night time eating could be due to hunger signals that occur in the middle of the night. I don't get that, but if I am up late at night past midnight doing something (studying, going out with friends to bars, watching a movie), my brain is activated and will continue to receive signals from my stomach. However, if I start to get rest early, like 11pm, and start to unwind, I don't get those hunger signals. When you get up in the middle of the night to go number 1, then try to not stimulate your brain, and keep yourself on "sleep mode" so you will go back to sleep, so like don't turn the lights on too bright, use a night light, or wear an eyemaskhalfway down your eyes if you can, use ear plugs, don't wake anyone up, and just try to stay in the "sleepy zone" so you can go back to sleep. There are different phases of REM sleep (gamma, beta) and you may feel the need to eat more because the food helps put you back into a better state to get back to sleep, however you can get back to that state without having to eat food.

tea2--Yep, that's me! I'm a sweet binge eater. haha! Eating more protein to curb hunger and fruits for the sugar helps me tremendously.

ncuneo 06-25-2011 04:32 PM

Yeah you guys I don't know...this is the first time I've ever struggled defining my binge, it's usually pretty cut in dry. I know part of the problem was I let myself get too hungry before dinner - I mean dizzy, famished. I hate that feeling. We were busy and time just got away from myself.

So after my op dinner I had a planned dessert but was still hungry. So I had a couple handfuls of peanuts. At this point I was fine. It didn't turn into a binge until my brain shut off and remembered there was three cadbury cream eggs left over from Easter. I ate those followed by peanut butter and crackers. This was where the control slipped away. Now calorically for my binges not to bad. Mentally it wasn't really bad either. I've had binges that have ended in tears and vomiting, so I know what it's like. This was minor, and maybe just over eating, but to me it's not the calories that define the binge it's the emotional state. And while it wasn't a complete loss of control, maybe it was more just being complacent...

Ah...I'm confused. Whatever, it really doesn't matter. I feel like I'm making progress and moving to a more balanced more normal place. I could care less if I needed to eat like that or like I did last weekend occasionally, I just can't go back to where I was a month or so ago. That was truly terrifying and painful. I wouldn't even care if I never lost the 10 lbs I've regained if I could stay in this mental place. I feel less obsessed, less internal struggle. I just want to stay here.