3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free Challenge: 6.20.11 - 6.26.11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/236003-binge-free-challenge-6-20-11-6-26-11-a.html)

Vixsin 06-19-2011 06:19 PM

Binge Free Challenge: 6.20.11 - 6.26.11

:cheer2: :cheer2:Welcome to the binge-free challenge!! :cheer2: :cheer2:

This is a place where you can come in and talk about binging. Feel free to post about your successes and your struggles and keep track of how many days you've been binge free. You can also vent about anything and everything you feel like getting out. We are here to share our feelings and to encourage and inspire each other.

No negativity! We are strong chicks and I KNOW we all can do this!! And we don't have to do it alone, we have each other to get us through the rough times.

ALL chicks are welcome -- no one is excluded! If you are trying to lose weight, not trying, maintaining, recovering from an eating disorder, in the midst of one, or have ANY kind of problem with food, we would love to have you join us!!

Jump in head first!!! We WILL catch you! :hug:

krampus 06-19-2011 07:46 PM

I was doing well, but I blew it big time with a 2 day binge this weekend. Weight is up 4 kg in two days.

This time I couldn't pinpoint any triggers at all except the weather was gloomy and I was sad about leaving my friends and my boyfriend after a fun time in the city. Absolutely no relationship to food except that I had been at a happily "lowest in several months" weight. I binged on the day I hit my low weight of 56.1 kg/123.5 lbs too, almost as if the pressure was too great.

The sad thing is that this morning I called my dad (who is also a binge eater, but is obese) across a 13 hour time difference to wish him a happy Father's Day, and he was in bed because he had eaten too much.

I know the weight will come off and blah blah blah but I just hate that I have developed an eating disorder through trying to be healthy. What a bummer. At least I usually manage to go a week or more between the binges.

Jramos 06-20-2011 01:02 AM

Hello everyone!! Newbie here and I'm really excited to be a part of the community! I'm going to take this binge free challenge with you! I used to be able to go WEEKS without binging but over the last few months it is all I can do to complete a full week. It doesn't help that my husband has jumped on the wagon with me and we negatively influence each other. We know the other's weaknesses and at times don't even have to speak, we can read each other's minds! So, I'm going the full week, I'm going to read my positive affirmations every day and I'm going to feel great after this week is over... and go straight into the next one! We can do it!!

desiresdestiny 06-20-2011 01:06 AM

Day 21 was hard but I made it....
Did I binge? No
Did I overeat? Yes

I did eat more than I normally would but I was in control....this is good....hoping to learn n be happy knowing that overeating is not a license to overeat. But in all honesty, I dont like special occassions cause it is hard...

I am happy n sleepy

spingirl9 06-20-2011 05:47 AM

10 days binge free. So far I have not felt compelled to binge at all. But this is typically around the time when I start to get tempted. But I WILL stay strong today.

Krampus: stay strong, and don't feel bad. The important thing is that you are back on track now. On a side note: congrats on reaching your lowest weight in a while. That's really exciting.

NicoleB37 06-20-2011 08:08 AM

Thank heavens for this challenge! This past weekend was full of binge eating for me... ice cream, chips, soda, chocolate... oh it was awful! I had just recently gotten to my lowest weight in a LOOONG time, 142... I started my junk food binge on the day I weighed my lowest. I managed to stop before I completely sabotaged all weight loss efforts, but then I started again :( What the heck!?

I feel sooooo out of control when I have these cravings... I feel so wonderful when I am eating healthy and losing weight, but then I self destruct. Uggggh. So frustrating!

desiresdestiny 06-20-2011 09:50 AM

Day 22.....

So I have been noticing that all of us say that when we reach our lowest or some goal, we self-destruct. Why do you think you self sabatoge?

For me, in a way, I feel like I "deserve" something because I have worked so hard but it often leads to a binge....go figure
I also think that I get a bit relaxed and before I know it I am knee deep in crap again...

paris81 06-20-2011 09:51 AM

403!

Vixsin 06-20-2011 10:12 AM

254 :)

happytobeamomof2 06-20-2011 01:09 PM

Hi Ladies - Can I join in again??? What amazing numbers I am seeing! 403! seriously! that ROCKS!

I need support. I am struggling and have been for a year if I am totally honest. My weight is 15lbs higher than last spring and I HATE how I look, feel, giggle, move, and KEEP FAILING! (at eating, exercise, and it feels like every aspect of my life).

I even have a new man who seems very very supportive (only 2 weeks into it so it is hard to know for sure about any of the important stuff yet)

day 2 ... Yesterday I overate with Father's Day but DIDN'T binge on the peanut butter pie I made. I am very proud of that. Scale was down to 185 yesterday at the gym. That is down 5lbs of PMS weight in the last two weeks. I am very hopeful that I can keep this trend going, even if it slowly.

I had set a goal to run 15km by July 15th (my bday). Turns out I will be running on July 17 due to work obligations but I failed so badly on Fri on my run that I am very doubtful I can get there from here.

Anyways, I am back. I need help. I need SOMETHING!

Scoot 06-20-2011 02:11 PM

Day 4. Another light and healthy breakfast. That really seems to set the tone for my day. The urge to overeat is already there as soon as I wake up, but it's easier to say no to in the mornings/early afternoons. And then if I can just postpone the frenzy 'til the end of the day, by that time, I've found myself saying, "Well, the day is almost over, no use ruining it now."

Jramos 06-20-2011 02:24 PM

It's so refreshing to not be alone in this!! This week if I have cravings I'm going to meditate! Take a few minutes to just sit quietly and let it pass!

lili8184 06-20-2011 02:53 PM

I'm new to this group- nice to meet you all! I actually logged on today looking for some forum or thread where people were discussing "cheating", and this is pretty much right on the money!

I did VERY poorly this weekend. I woke up Saturday morning with the right intentions- I went to the gym and did my usual 2 mile power walk/run with a little circuit traning thrown in... but then we went to the MALL. Worst place for a dieter!!! For lunch I ate a fajita trio at Chili's without the tortillas, just meat and veggies- which, even though it wasnt the BEST thing I could have eaten- it was the only thing this particular Chili's had to offer that wasn't deep fried, smothered in cheese or dripping in fat :( so I felt OK about that. then, we had a birthday party/cookout... I ate 2 hamburgers (no bun or condiments- they really were tasty enough without it anyway!) but could not resist the tray of large, soft baked cookies! I think I had about 5 or 6 cookies, plus a birthday cupcake!!! Fast forward to Father's day dinner- Craker Barrel, which is known for preparing everything "country style" - aka fried in dipped in butter... they actually had a great grilled chicken salad though!! yay!!! but, again, I could not resist those delicious corn muffins the bring for the table, and ended up eating 4 of them.... PLUS splitting a chocolate cake/ice cream dessert with my fiancee and daughter. I am still down 2 pounds over last week, but I WAS down 4 on saturday morning, so I gained back 2. I am feeling pretty down about it and looking for someone who understands these binges :(

mayness 06-20-2011 03:34 PM

Day 3. The weekend was good! I got a lot of exercise, I ate pretty well... a couple questionable choices that could have gone badly, like having a few drinks on Saturday and Chinese food last night. But I kept portions and calories in check and I'm feeling confident. For now. :D

firebirdgirl 06-20-2011 03:36 PM

Six days binge and over-eating free...then Fathers Day ..and I did overeat, but did not binge so that is good. Feeling positive as well. Weigh in on Thursday, hope to have lost the weight gained last week plus some. I have worked hard every day in the gym as well.