3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge Free Challenge: 6.20.11 - 6.26.11 (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/236003-binge-free-challenge-6-20-11-6-26-11-a.html)

Beila 06-22-2011 12:57 AM

JenDiet--it seems like you have a very hectic life right now, but as you take care of your new baby think about giving the very best healthy milk to your baby by feeding your body all the good nutrients and raw materials (fruits and veggies), and giving yourself enough food for energy to take care of the people you love, your hubby and children. I'm sure know how to eat right and take care of yourself as you've learned about diet and nutrition in your classes. Congrats on finishing btw! I am also trying to get into PA school (but I have been slacking off and avoiding the stress of the application process). Anyhoo, I am amazed that you did all that you have done while pregnant and having your new baby. You have given a lot of yourself to your family. But you are here now and are declaring that you want to lose this weight and stop your bad eating habit. Take this time now to care for yourself by eating right, throw away all the junk in your house. Start feeding healthy foods to everyone in the house, and let them know this is a new healthy lifestyle you are starting. Ask for encouragement and help from your hubby and brother and let them start to help you out with things since you need to nurse every half hour.

Fruitlady--that is soooo sweet that your hubby does that! He really understands. What a nice guy! I know that you will overcome this obstacle in your life. You WILL get to a point where you will be 100 percent confident in yourself and not need his help. And you will bake again and not worry about the food. You have lost so much weight. Just think of how far you have come along. Congrats on making it to 1 week! Now try 2 weeks. I know you can!

jendiet 06-22-2011 01:14 AM

Beila, thanks for the advice. I am in control when it comes to meals, but as far as everyone eating healthy or denying myself junk...it will just make me nuts. i'm not ready for that. i have to MODERATE.

i do that by keeping my carbs lower...not LOW. but lower...when i put a limit, which is 200 on my carbs, i CAN'T eat too much crap. Thank you for the kind words. my own sister is working on getting into PA school.

Blondie160 06-22-2011 03:35 AM

June was becoming my month! I went 2 whole weeks with no binging and I lost 7 pounds over those weeks...then i went away and it turned into a week long binging session, I found myself in Macdonalds car park stuffing my face one night and I genuinely just wanted to sit and cry! Now im up 4 pounds so Ive only lost 3 all month and I am completley gutted, ive spent the last 2 days moping around feeling hopeless! I know that a few days back on plan will snap me back but I still feel like Im not gona ever be able to have a few days off of calorie couting without binging :( Day one...again!

Blondie160 06-22-2011 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scoot (Post 3900899)
Beginning Day 5. I still want those donuts, but I just got on the scale and I'm down 3.6 pounds from being on-plan the past 4 days. That's insane. Clearly I've been carrying around a good amount of water weight. I really hope it continues to go down. I know it won't keep this pace, but downward movement in general is all I need to stay motivated.

Im really hoping my pounds drop like this after a few days, well done with 4 days on plan!

spingirl9 06-22-2011 05:51 AM

I am 12 days binge free as of yesterday. I have NOT been dieting though--I am not counting, and I've been over calories on several occasions. It's funny--I don't feel that guilty/concerned about it. That is preventing me from binging, which is great, but it also means that I am on track to gain weight!

happytobeamomof2 06-22-2011 09:17 AM

made it through day 1 "relatively" easily. earning day 2 today.

Vixsin 06-22-2011 10:10 AM

I'm at 256 today. :)

Good to see you, Kim. :hug:

happytobeamomof2 06-22-2011 10:23 AM

thanks vixsin ! LOVE your new profile pic (well, new for me since I've been gone a while). you are looking very healthy! i hope all is well at home and that this amazing journey you are on is getting marginally easier every day!

:D

ncuneo 06-22-2011 10:31 AM

Thanks for the birthday wishes everyone! I'm driving into work and don't have time to read through all the posts, but Jen I just wanted to comment on a couple things. 1. You're a new mommy be kind to yourself - this is a huge transition 2. You're breastfeeding and you must eat enough 3. After I had my son I was stuck with an extra 20 lbs or so too. Around 12 weeks with continued breastfeeding the weight just started falling off with no effort until I plateaued 10 lbs under my prepreg weight. So just hang in there. And finally congratulations!

Day 23. We did go for ice cream last night, but I was hungry and it wad my birthday, but that's the last time I can say that since I've been saying it since last week LOL! Next up - wedding anniversary Sunday :o.

Have a great day everyone!

mayness 06-22-2011 10:53 AM

I can't decide whether to call yesterday a binge.

I got a free box of cereal from the natural food co-op where I volunteer, because the box was open. I didn't measure/log my dinner, although it wasn't far off from my calorie limit I'm sure, but I think that was the start of the trouble. Then I ate 1 serving of cereal, which would have been fine... but that led to eating 2.5 more servings and then a sugar-free fudgesicle. So it wasn't a ton of food, but it was sort of the uncontrolled craziness that I associate with a binge, so I guess I should admit it.

Day 1. And today I'm keeping track of everything and staying accountable.

jendiet 06-22-2011 12:33 PM

mayness, mindless eating to me, of any kind is a binge. i like your attitude...just keep going.

ncune, thanks hun. you are an inspiration to me. i will keep that wisdom in my mind.

vixsin, way to go. that is some strong willpower. i hope i gain some of that.

happy, i'm on day 1 today.

Blondie, the past is the past. you know what you did. the only thing you need to revisit is why? learn from that. i am journaling, because i am under a huge amount of stress..and i know my triggers, i just need to spot a downfall before it becomes a downward spiral.

sping, you are probably losing more weight not setting up binge conditions for yourself. good job on keeping up the challenge.

day 1 : very stressed, aware of my surroundings and emotions.
stress relievers: clean house, fix pool pump, demand a time out from somebody, do some ab exercises.

desiresdestiny 06-22-2011 03:24 PM

Day 24....really exhausted with school and my internship but 8 more weeks for my summer semester to be over....

I have been overeating but no bingeing so that's is my victory :)

Stay strong everyone...

mamato2boys 06-22-2011 03:45 PM

Today is the big 5-0!! Who hooo!!!! :carrot:

Congrats jendiet! Enjoy your little one!!! :)

Beila 06-22-2011 03:58 PM

Day 2...cravings kicked in. Gonna focus on exercise and water today. I'll check in later today.

Mamato2boys--congrats! Big 5-0!

ivey03 06-22-2011 05:24 PM

day 3