Old 09-21-2010, 12:14 PM   #166  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Height: 5'4"

Sunday food:
Chinese Buffet at 11am
mock tenderloins cooked with swiss chard and sausage, white RICE with pesto (MOCK means they look it but sure are tough, hense the reason we cooked it with greans and sausage. And rice......well I had fresh basil to make pesto out of, so I took the plunge and made rice, and I ate it too!...but better choice than pasta!)

Monday foods:
IF from 7pm Sunday till 6pm Monday with the exception of coffee, tea, and one square of 87% choc.
Dinner, 2 3 ounce burger patties, 2 beef hot dogs, mayo and mustard and onion slices
Snack--attempt at pudding---daughter took cream and coconut milk heated it, added eggs and egg yolks to thicken, added vanilla and let cool...problem is she did not wait for instruction on adding the eggs and they scrambled a little, but it tasted cook, we topped it with fresh blueberries and raspberries we picked Sunday, and shredded coconut and almond meal...ohhhh and a square of chocolate grated. It hit the spot, but I think we will just stick to the cold cream or coconut milk next time!

so yesterday was 1451 cals, 21 carbs, 78 protien and 115 fat. I am hoping the IF and then burst of fat can help kick start this stupid disfunctional system!

Last edited by Mikkijoe; 09-21-2010 at 12:35 PM.
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:02 PM   #167  
Last Timer

S/C/G: 175/150/127.5

Height: 5' 4"

You are right MikkiJoe...
Intellectually, I am with you, emotionally I need these mini challenges:
(Moved to signature)

just little goals

PS: I have lost 7 inches off my waist since starting primal...I track a lot of things. What do they say: You can't change what you don't measure? I am looking for trends, damn-it, trends. lol.

Last edited by sparky1946; 09-21-2010 at 07:03 PM.
sparky1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 01:25 PM   #168  
Last Timer

Also, I want to impress on myself that if I am never in the 170s and 160s again, I will be so much healthier. If I never get to 149, it is not the reason to give up and let myself go back up to 176 and beyond. I would have achieved 2 goals and lost over 10% of my bodyweight which is supposed to be good health wise. My SIL has lost 20 pounds and is stuck and if he gives up, which he always has in the past, he will move up to 300 plus pounds again.

I want him to be happy at the 20 pounds loss and focus on maintaining until he can try again. Not to gain it all back till he can try again and lose the same pounds. So I am saying that I am delighted at 160 but I will be over the moon to be in the 150s again.

I just needed to whine...

Last edited by sparky1946; 09-21-2010 at 07:05 PM.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:43 PM   #169  

S/C/G: 158/142/at or below 135 lbs.

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
Alright girls, I am about to come pay you a visit and steal your scales while you are in the shower!

Its just a silly number....a number that really says nothing about who YOU are! And when talking about 3-4 pounds it does not even guage your health! right? BUT it starts out your day on an up note or a down note....dependant upon that silly number. Give yourself a break. Know your plan, plug along, give yourself grace for special events or uncontrollable menus, and work your plan. In the BIG picture is where you will be rewarded with results, the every month, or even every 2 weeks. Plus measurements are a huge encouragement too, after all it is far more important that body mass (inches) is gone over a number on the scale that can be effected by water, salt, sleep, MSG, Vitamin D, hormones, stress, mechanical issues, etc.

OK OK getting off my soap box, hope none of you shoot me after you get out of your seventh shower and read this!
When are we going to get a "like" button already??
walking2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #170  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

I am still here in! I caught a cold! Yuck!

It began Saturday, I had a cough, Sunday was horrible but I still went to work and stayed on plan. I was off work yesterday and today, I did a fast to reduce my body having to digest so it could focus on healing and it worked!
All I ate today was a low carb CJ burger, I forgot to ask for no ketchup, oh well, I did not get a sugar spike most of the ketchup stuck to the paper anyways.

I killed my cold with inhaled steam from oregano in boiled water, lots of lemon water and grapefruit juice, and Apple Cider Vinegar, and REST! I slept in bed 12 hours times 2 days 24 hours bed rest for me!

I am going back to work tomorrow, and I did finally make these today

http://blog.yourlighterside.com/2009...ka-oopsie.html

and they came out pretty good!!

I also discovered a ZERO carb website forum...

I am pondering it for now, the basics are meat, fat and dairy. Lots of weight loss and energy galore but I am still needing to use up some stuff before I mosey on over.

Maybe I will start a new zero carb thread...or anybody feel free to do one as well!

We have been going from 50-100 a day to 30 to 20 a day, taking it down a notch can help shake things up, maybe?

The new forum I found is awesome, but strict so if anybody wants to discuss it, pm me and we can start our own thang on the BFC!
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 09:25 AM   #171  
Last Timer

Default Biggest Losers

Do you folks in Canada get the Biggest Loser show? That and Dancing with the Stars, are my too guilty pleasures with TV. It is kind of amazing how everyone in the beginning is fighting to get on the show and then after the first workout they are crying and puking and wanting to go home.

But I really love cheering them on and watching the amazing transformations as they lose weight. I have read that the actual regimen is hush, hush, and it may involve more that what we see. Also, I am kind of put off by the Jennie-0 etc. commercials. I also would never try to do what they do at home or the gym without a medic lol. Anyway, it is amazing to watch, especially with some of the youngest and oldest contestants.

I did a carb refeed yesterday just to try to shake things up. I do not feel any ill effects yet.

Last edited by sparky1946; 09-22-2010 at 09:29 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 287/ticker/139

Height: 5' 5"

Hi everyone ... I'm off for a midwestern trip tomorrow so unless I have internet access I probably won't be posting for awhile. I'm still on the "challenge" and am happy to say I am now 200! My goal was to get to 199 before this trip and I'm happy I'm so close.

Thanks to Sparky for starting the challenge! It really helped me focus.

The sad/bad news is my doctor wants me to go on a low-carb/low-fat diet/very-low calorie diet to get my cholesterol down (1000-1200 calories/day).

I have always had high cholesterol (255), but my HDL is 71 and my triglycerides are 57 and my LDL pattern is A (the good pattern) so I was hoping he would be happy but he's not.

The low-carb part will not be a problem of course, but the low-fat part (you know - the skinless chicken breasts) is upsetting because of all the reading I have been doing saying good fats are good for you. And everything I have been reading about saturated fat is that it's "good" if not mixed with carbs. Also, I know I can stick with the higher fat diet and have been successful in getting almost 90 pounds off with it.

Many of you know the delicate mental balance of eating well day-after-day without binging and without mindless eating. It is so easy to get off the track emotionally and I have been doing well now for 1.5 years.

I am also scared to death of lowering my metabolism. I expressed these concerns to him, and he just kept saying "You don't have to stay on this for life." But the whole point of a way of eating IS to stay on it for life, isn't it???? And once your metabolism is lowered, I don't know if you can get it back up so you can eat normal quantities of food.

I am so upset, I am not sure what I'm going to do. He does want me to add more soluble fiber and I will do that. Thoughts? Advice? I am otherwise very healthy but a little hypothyroid.

Last edited by CJZee; 09-22-2010 at 09:31 AM.
CJZee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 10:08 AM   #173  
Last Timer

Default OOOhhhhh

I think I just felt my blood pressure go up.

I get so mad at the medical establishment. He should be thrilled with your weightloss and your good numbers. I have read so much about cholesterol that I couldn't begin to site where and when. I just know that I will be facing the same thing come my doctor's appointment next week. I am going to a low-carb fan doc and I hope his views on my always high cholesterol (245) with good Triglycerides and great HDL and the Type A LDLs will not send him to his prescription pad. THE ONLY reason I want to get my LDL down is to get those *******s off my back as I do not believe the link between heart disease and cholesterol. I do believe the link between inflammation and a whole lot of diseases. That's what I am worried about. That could be caused by leaky gut and carb intolerance.

Sorry about my language but I get so mad. Why do we have to educate the medical community?? Why don't they take enough pride in their jobs to at least do some of the research needed. "If you aren't up on the latest nutritional findings then give a referral that is." Low-Carb is almost mainstream. Coconut oil is practically prescribed.

I asked my husband after I get a round of tests back, why do I have to remember to tell the doc to test my CRP or my lpA etc. If those numbers were high why wouldn't he want to check them. No, he forgets, and I assume they are included. And my old doc is supposed to be one of the best in the country.

I get so mad.....
Old 09-22-2010, 10:23 AM   #174  
Last Timer

Default Ps

I guess I am going to have to write the tests that need to be included on the palm of my hand ala Sarah Palin.

What is it about white coats that make us feel intimidated?
Old 09-22-2010, 10:55 AM   #175  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky1946 View Post
I think I just felt my blood pressure go up.

I get so mad at the medical establishment. He should be thrilled with your weightloss and your good numbers. I have read so much about cholesterol that I couldn't begin to site where and when. I just know that I will be facing the same thing come my doctor's appointment next week. I am going to a low-carb fan doc and I hope his views on my always high cholesterol (245) with good Triglycerides and great HDL and the Type A LDLs will not send him to his prescription pad. THE ONLY reason I want to get my LDL down is to get those *******s off my back as I do not believe the link between heart disease and cholesterol. I do believe the link between inflammation and a whole lot of diseases. That's what I am worried about. That could be caused by leaky gut and carb intolerance.

Sorry about my language but I get so mad. Why do we have to educate the medical community?? Why don't they take enough pride in their jobs to at least do some of the research needed. "If you aren't up on the latest nutritional findings then give a referral that is." Low-Carb is almost mainstream. Coconut oil is practically prescribed.

I asked my husband after I get a round of tests back, why do I have to remember to tell the doc to test my CRP or my lpA etc. If those numbers were high why wouldn't he want to check them. No, he forgets, and I assume they are included. And my old doc is supposed to be one of the best in the country.

I get so mad.....
That's why I have a conventional doctor for the nasty things (like ordering blood tests,referrals and anti-biotics for the major infections) and a naturopathic doctor for everything else. I see her 6-8 times a year and my conventional doctor once or twice. It was my holistic nutritionist who diagnosed my candida and hypoglycemia...as my conventional doctor said " my numbers weren't that bad"...maybe not for someone else...but for me YEAH they ARE! I'm with ya Sparky!!

Thanks for the cyber smack Mikkiejoe! Logically I know what you are saying but that bloody number still plays emotional havoc with my life. I do notice that clothes are looser and my blood pressure is down 8 points from my last appointment so yes...I should be thrilled about my progress in just a month. Problem is.....I want to see major results every week and life ain't like that.

Off to do my Nordictrack
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #176  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Height: 5'4"

My bad Chol is WAY down in 6 weeks, and my good is UP.......STUPID arse doctors

And thats all Im gunna say about that
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:18 PM   #177  
Last Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
My bad Chol is WAY down in 6 weeks, and my good is UP.......STUPID arse doctors

And thats all Im gunna say about that
Don't you dare stop talking/posting. We need a voice of sanity here. You and Susan and (formerly Bob) keep us on the straight and narrow.

I would be interested in your numbers, if you don't mind. I have been thin with higher cholesterol and I have been my heaviest with about the same numbers so I am so anxious to see results this next time after being primal for a couple months. Even though I do not believe the cholesterol propaganda, I still am curious about how everything ties together. (Or Not)
Old 09-22-2010, 01:04 PM   #178  

Default cholesterol and diet

... lurker popping in ...

I'm on Ideal Protein and will be moving to Primal at some point. Because of this board, I'm also following Mark's Daily Apple. In there, I found links to a cardiologist who takes a very primal approach to heart health and cholesterol levels. You might find information about medical studies on his blog / site to open up conversations with your docs.

heartscanblog [dot] blogspot [dot] com

Here's one I've bookmarked on Vitamin D & HDL
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #179  
Last Timer

Default Thanks

I'm Svelting,

This guy looks cool...
Old 09-22-2010, 11:26 PM   #180  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJZee View Post
Hi everyone ... I'm off for a midwestern trip tomorrow so unless I have internet access I probably won't be posting for awhile. I'm still on the "challenge" and am happy to say I am now 200! My goal was to get to 199 before this trip and I'm happy I'm so close.

Thanks to Sparky for starting the challenge! It really helped me focus.

The sad/bad news is my doctor wants me to go on a low-carb/low-fat diet/very-low calorie diet to get my cholesterol down (1000-1200 calories/day).

I have always had high cholesterol (255), but my HDL is 71 and my triglycerides are 57 and my LDL pattern is A (the good pattern) so I was hoping he would be happy but he's not.

The low-carb part will not be a problem of course, but the low-fat part (you know - the skinless chicken breasts) is upsetting because of all the reading I have been doing saying good fats are good for you. And everything I have been reading about saturated fat is that it's "good" if not mixed with carbs. Also, I know I can stick with the higher fat diet and have been successful in getting almost 90 pounds off with it.

Many of you know the delicate mental balance of eating well day-after-day without binging and without mindless eating. It is so easy to get off the track emotionally and I have been doing well now for 1.5 years.

I am also scared to death of lowering my metabolism. I expressed these concerns to him, and he just kept saying "You don't have to stay on this for life." But the whole point of a way of eating IS to stay on it for life, isn't it???? And once your metabolism is lowered, I don't know if you can get it back up so you can eat normal quantities of food.

I am so upset, I am not sure what I'm going to do. He does want me to add more soluble fiber and I will do that. Thoughts? Advice? I am otherwise very healthy but a little hypothyroid.
As you lose more weight you will be good health wise.

Try to listen to your body and watch sodium, I really would not be too concerned by your Dr. and I would get a 2nd opinion from a different Doctor if it bothered me so much.
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote