Old 09-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #181  

S/C/G: 180/175/130

Height: 5'5

Brown,I pmed you, the recipies are pretty good look under zeroing in on either meat or dairy, that is all they do over there for the most part, LOL!
chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 04:57 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Hi I'm svelting!

If I don't have cheese in the house, I don't miss it. If it is here ... I just mow down! I do like my butter and cream though.

Went for a nice big long walk yesterday and used my bands to exercise arms.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #183  

S/C/G: 232.6/232.0/165

Height: 5'6"

Welcome I'm svelting! So do we have to have another 10+ pages of posts before you pop back in? Hope not!

Yes sparky we get the Biggest Loser here. I watched it faithfully the first couple of years... the last year I watched it had the older blonde won it as a surprise ending...the former model was in the lead-can't remember names sorry! I'm with whoever said they hate it now with the product placements etc. And the finale used to drive me nuts...2 hours to get to weigh in?! ugh!!

I don't think I could ever do a zero carb diet. I love my veggies too much! Right now I average 50-79 carbs a day and I am perfectly happy with that. I can eat this way for the rest of my life and I think that's what is most important to me at this point. Might change in the future though...who's to say.

Off to clear out the basement and get rid of old toys,clothes and junk. So my daily lifting requirement...check.
MaddieD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:13 AM   #184  
Last Timer

S/C/G: 175/150/127.5

Height: 5' 4"

Default UUGGGggggg

Last night I really wanted something sweet. So I had a 1/4 c. of raisins and a 1/4 cup of almonds. This morning I have a heck of a belly ache. I am bloated and gained 2 lbs!

I haven't had any dried fruit or nuts through this whole primal thing. I ate good all day so I do not know what started the craving. I don't think I mentioned before that I used to have this doubling over, reminiscent of labor pain intensity, pain right under my belly button. The first time it happened was in 1971 and my Dr. gave me Librium. He thought I was nuts. I had three little kids under the age of 4 so I probably was a little nuts.

I have had this pain every few years maybe once or twice a year. I have found no one who was able to diagnose it and was told just to live with it as it happens so rarely. Well it is back with raisins and/or almonds. I kind of thought there was a gluten plus fat connection.

I usually take an Excedrin to blunt the pain. I once was prescribed Prilosec sp?. So I took one of those this am.

I have the grandson today. I wonder what he will think of me rolling around on the floor.

Gosh it hurts.

Last edited by sparky1946; 09-23-2010 at 09:13 AM.
sparky1946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #185  

S/C/G: 331 HW 299 June 2010/288/180?

Height: 5'4"

Hey there!

Trying to find that sweet spot, so I am going back to tracking my intake on a regular basis. I am aiming for 1700-2000 cal, 50-75 carb, and 100-130 protien. But this is what I have a hard time wrapping my noodle around....If I aim for the lower end of thos numbers I have to get in 122 grams of fat to reach 1700 cals........That just blows my mind. So many years of brainwashing I guess.

BUT I really want a more consistant steady pace of weight loss, and I should have it at my size, so I need to find that happy spot. OH and I did tell my body to cooperate.

Cholesterol: I dont have the break down of my numbers here at work, but I had them taken 3 weeks before I started PB, and then last week (I have been on PB 6 weeks now) I went from 278 to 242. The doctor was very impressed, I am on NO medication or fish oils or anything. Of course the doc was very sceptical of PB as well.....But I dont go to that one often just for yearly insurance purposes. My favorite doctor is a SDA vegetarian, but he listens to his patients, he does not diagnose according to what is on paper, but uses lab results to HELP guide his diagnoses. He is the one who caught asparatame poisoning with my husb (diet pepsi) and had him walking without the cane in 3 weeks (arthristis in hip, and asparatame hyped up the actual pain) DH has since has a hip replacement but will never drink diet pepsi again, and he was hooked on it for 30 years.

Anyway dr Veg says, get off processed, get off sugar, get off yeast, get pure real foods and high quality meats..........hmm sound familiar? Cracks me up because traditional vegetarians eat so much processed foods! He doesnt, but so many do have the soy this and the soy that........soy is not meat, why would you make it into meat, if you dont want to eat meat then dont substitute it!
Mikkijoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #186  

Man that redflame chick really gets wordy and off topic!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:18 PM   #187  

Whoa Brown........I was not condeming all vegetarians. I was simply stating that I did not understand why some who chose vegetarianism for health reason feel that it is healthy to have the highly processed fake meats.......I just dont get that! Relax, more than half of my close friends are vegetarians, and the majority of the other half only eat chicken and maybe beef, never pork (religious 'habit' from thier upbringing and parents and grandparent that felt pork and seafood were not to be touched)

If anything I was dogging the processed crap......and I THINK we are all in agreement with that.

I also feel that 'substitute' foods can sabatoge your plan. That is my personal belief and experience.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:15 AM   #188  
Last Timer

Default Feeling better

Gained a pound over the raisin episode and was in bed with a heating pad on my belly all day. Has anyone had a reaction to dried fruit? My ears are a little plugged today as well. I think I vaguely remember something about sulfur??

Very, very strange.

Anywho, back in the saddle today.

Am going to try this recipe, hungry for some biscuits. (Results: Mine were a little runnier so added about 1/4 c more almond meal and baked another 5 minutes. I used white cheddar so mine did not look as pretty. These were very tasty. I think I would like them to be thicker so that one could crack them open and put butter inside. Would be very acceptable with a primal chili...)

Last edited by sparky1946; 09-24-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-24-2010, 03:46 PM   #189  

Well 6 weeks on PB, I have lost 12, DH has lost 20, and 14 yr old daughter has lost 20. WOW Im impressed. 18 yr old son has lost a little, but he is only eating like 60% primal (sandwich for work, occational Coke, or starbursts)

Of course I wanted to be at the 20 pound mark, and I am not and disappointed, but even 2 pounds a week is good for me, very good for me.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:42 PM   #190  
Ilene the Bean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
Well 6 weeks on PB, I have lost 12, DH has lost 20, and 14 yr old daughter has lost 20. WOW Im impressed. 18 yr old son has lost a little, but he is only eating like 60% primal (sandwich for work, occational Coke, or starbursts)

Of course I wanted to be at the 20 pound mark, and I am not and disappointed, but even 2 pounds a week is good for me, very good for me.
Wow very cool congrats to everyone

Last edited by Ilene; 09-24-2010 at 04:43 PM.
Ilene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 04:53 PM   #191  
Last Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikkijoe View Post
Well 6 weeks on PB, I have lost 12.
Are you ever going to change your numbers in your signature?

Yeah for you and your family!!
Old 09-24-2010, 07:44 PM   #192  

for the welcome Sparky, Susan and Maddie. I hope I got everyone.

Maddie I'm not sure when I'll be jumping in as a full-timer; I do know it's a "when" not an "if." I've got another 30 lbs of fat I'd like to burn and my current program is working well for me. I could continue and lose the 30 in about 2-2.5 months, or switch to primal and lose the 30 in 2 months or more. My biggest considerations about it are eating so little fat in the cool/cold/winter weather and eating, what is to me, a large amount of artificial sweetener (sucralose and acesulfame K).
I'm svelting! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 10:44 AM   #193  
Last Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm svelting! View Post
fMy biggest considerations about it are eating so little fat in the cool/cold/winter weather and eating, what is to me, a large amount of artificial sweetener (sucralose and acesulfame K).
I'm svelting,

My SIL is going through the same thing. He cannot afford the food but his mother sends the stuff to him. I read some of the labels and saw the artificial stuff plus a lot of soy. My advice to him was to do what ever it takes to get the weight off. But then he needs to PLAN his transition and I think primal fits very well as you must agree.

Hope to see you here often and good-luck with the 30 pounds of fat. That's me too.

Are you really 6'2"??

God I wish....
Old 09-25-2010, 11:12 AM   #194  

S/C/G: 192/172/150

Height: 5'5"

Sandy,
Yesterday I went to Costcos (after not sleeping much the night before) and I was hungry so I bought a huge bag of this nut/fruit combo that I love. Well I ate a good bit in the car (terrible I know but I was very tired and grouchy and it made me feel better).

Well a few hours later I got the mother of all headaches. It's like I had an allergic reaction to this stuff. My sinus' (sp?) swelled and no pain reliever would work. Also I've had bad post nasal drip. I've been using my neti pot and trying not to eat so as to give my stomach a break. It's a little better today but it's still there.

I think this happened to me before with this particular fruit/nut combo. I must remember this and never eat the stuff again.

What's the deal with the leaky gut? Do you have it? You've posted something else that seemed similar to my situation but I can't remember what it was.

Anyway, just thought you'd find that interesting. More data.....
wildviolets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 12:34 PM   #195  
Last Timer

Default "What's the deal with the leaky gut?"

wildviolets,

I have been to many kinds of docs, even to the emergency room once, because the pain is so severe. It is always in the same location, so it is kind of like I have a weak spot. Leaky gut is the term a ND said that might be the cause. I have had scopes stuck down my throat and things stuck up the other end and no one sees anything not even signs of gluten intolerance. Then they look at me funny and send me on my way. I feel like a hypochondriac. If it happened more than once or twice a year, I would raise a fuss. But as it is, I am just trying to figure it out on my own. I really would like a heavy duty pain killer to take so that I could function. I really get that desperate.

I was hoping this diet would help and maybe it will as long as I don't eat raisens and almonds.

What has been your experiences?

Last edited by sparky1946; 09-25-2010 at 09:33 PM.