Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2006, 08:32 AM   #796  

S/C/G: 217/217/156

Height: 5'4"

Hi Lurking Lori and all,
Good to hear from you. Nothing from Amy in what seems like a long time.
Out to do another decent walk.
Ellen, you have your own weights you use? DH doesn't believe in joining a gym.
Old 05-23-2006, 09:07 AM   #797  

Height: 5'5"

Well, I blew over dinner last night, but I am ready to start over today! The problem is I am running out of healthy food, and DH does not get paid until Friday, SO I have to make do with what I have. I am hoping today is better than yesterday!

Lisi~I did have my own weights, but the kiddies were getting in the way. I couldn't even get up early, because DD2 would hear me and get up too. I was impressed with the Firm tapes. They will definitley give you a good workout.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:57 PM   #798  

Hello all. I registered & posted here....at least a couple mos ago, but the site wouldn't let me in. Today it did....feel like I won the lottery! LOL....don't I wish.
I'm still counting calories & losing, tho slow for sure, avg a pd a wk.Had to start migrane meds that Dr said might cause wt gain...Grrrr.So far so good.DH is retired & willing to eat whatever I cook & that's a big help. he's prob the only man alive that can't tell diet food from regular food.I can't say the same.Pat
Old 05-24-2006, 10:42 PM   #799  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone. I'd like to jump in here if that's ok? I have been counting calories for almost 2 1/2 years. I originally lost 40 lbs but have gained about 8 lbs again in the last 6 months (I guess since the Christmas holidays )

I've kept journalling everything I eat and I exercise 30 mins a day 6 days a week. I just seem to have stalled

I live in Southern Calif. I'm married, I have 3 sons and I work nights. I will check back in tomorrow and hopefully get some support and motivation here
Old 05-25-2006, 04:43 PM   #800  

Welcome GreatChoice!!!

Doing ok here, but nights are hard. I still have about 600-800 cal left, but I am not even sure what we are having for dinner. Well, have to run DH is home and we have to pay bills, adn go over some financial paperwork...ugh

Will check back in tomorrow
Old 05-25-2006, 07:25 PM   #801  
No Sniveling!

S/C/G: 168/130/130

Well not much going on here today. Did really well with my eating but I am always struggling to get my water in. I think I drink alot but not always water (tea, Red Bull, diet coke, Fuze).

I have to work tonight so I need to be getting to bed pretty soon. I walked on my treadmill for 30 mins this morning and then moved the drawers from 2 dressers from my friend's garage to my house and carried all the drawers upstairs. I know it got me sweating

Hope everyone has a good day. Talk to you later. Jane
Old 05-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #802  

Pat & Jane -
You did win the lottery! This is a great group of women. Some might have been away Mem'l Day. You'll hear from all slowly but surely.

I had a great weekend in Atlanta w/D GD. Just blew it up this eve - wish my husb hadn't started his bargain markdowns from Easter on a night I was exhausted.
Did some Yoga stretching and kicking in the pool while away.
Old 05-31-2006, 08:57 AM   #803  

Doing well here. I have been maintaining, but that is better than gaining. Had a great weekend, and even got some good hits in our annual baseball game. MY legs are still "thanking me" I will try to post more later.

Later chicas!!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:03 AM   #804  

S/C/G: 250/249/150

Height: 5' 7

Question how many calories do you or did you have and lose at 230's?

Hi everyone.. i know each person is different but maybe someone had similar stats and could give me an estimate... counting calories should not be a really hard thing..

I have gone to a couple different sites that take your activity into account and my age/weight and gender.. and one said to maintain my weight take in 3200 another said 3400 and when I went to usda.gov (food pyramid people..) they said 2500 now i know take off 500 a day to lose 2lbs a week..

I do an exercisie video for 30 min 5-56 x a wk and sit alot but getting more active as I feel more toned and stronger.. yeah!! i weigh 234 and i am a 43 yr young female mom. hehehe..

SO any tips on what you did or do take in if you are around my weight and activity or chime in with your calories ..i can use all the guidance I can... all i know is i have been trying to do the ww at home and i am at 28 with 35 flex points to divide thru the week as I wish.. and when i plug in the food i am taking in it is about 1400-1500 cal a day..!! and I think it is just too low for my body especially since I am more active now.. but three yrs ago when i did this program i lose 25 lbs in 10 wks.. and kept it off.. so any help i would love!! thanks in advance.. Kim
Old 06-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #805  

Good afternoon ladies!!! I have missed everyone! THe weekends keep me so busy, and DH had to leave today, so I was upp early to take him to the airport. He will be gone for two weeks, and I am hoping that I can make it. DS is out of school now, so he will be around all the time getting the girls all rilled up. Will have to plan for tons of activities.

I was finally down this weekend, to 229, so we will see if it holds out. Hope everyone is doing well. (hugs)
Old 06-06-2006, 01:13 PM   #806  
Big Phat Mama

S/C/G: 353/330/160

Height: 5 10

howdy yall, just joined, cant wait to get to know yall
Old 06-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #807  
Recovering Shopaholic

S/C/G: See tickers for latest!

Default Can I join your group?

Hi everyone!

My name is Kelly and I have been a calorie counter (primarily) for 5+ years now, with a couple gaps for babies and other stuff . I would like to join an active group like yourselves so that I have some daily contact with people doing the same plan!

I basically eat around 1200 calories per day, sometimes 1400 on the weekends. I workout less than I used to, so I am trying to get some more exercise in as well. I have a 9 yo son and 3 yo twins (1 boy, 1 girl) and I am a single mom, working FT, so pretty much the only time I have to workout is if I get up before 6 am. That's WIP.

I started losing weight in 2001, hit goal in 2003, and gained 15 lbs back over winter 2005. I'd like to get down to 135 this summer, and maintain it! I always have a rough time over the holiday season. I attribute a great deal of my weight loss success to being in a close knit group while I was actively losing (MSN group, no longer around), so i am excited to be here!

Kelly

PS - I filled out a profile up in the sticky section too!
Old 06-08-2006, 09:27 AM   #808  

Well everyone, finally here again.
Hello and welcome to Kelly, Rob, and Slimkim. These forums expand and contract and your input is welcome and your successes will be cheered!

Kelly, I absoulely agree there is nothing like a close support group. I was at my lowest weight, 141, for the better part of 7 years when I was in OA, but as I stopped being as involved, and let go of the things I had been doing, AND had some changes like moving and marriage, I started forgetting all the rules that kept my eating sane.
You sure have your hands full at home.

Robwen how are you doing? Tell us more.

Ellen for you getting down under a big notch again.

Kim~ what you did before in WW should work now. If you think you are more active, you could raise the count a bit, and watch to see how quickly you are losing. There are websites to calculate what you need but you already have experience with your own body, and I find they tell me way more than what I've seen myself lose on.

I, myself, am working to get back on track. I was kerfluey for awhile. Last Dec I was down to 205, which was a breakthrough, and I'm going in the wrong direction now.

I'll look forward to all of your posts.
Old 06-10-2006, 10:30 PM   #809  

Hi everyone. May I join your group? I need moral support!
Old 06-11-2006, 12:15 AM   #810  

Height: 5'8.5"

Hello Meigg... you just did (join our group)! Glad you are here. We all understand about needing moral support.
Closed Thread