Hi Guys!

I'm in! Love a good challenge

Easter Goal: Lose 7lbs
May Day Goal: Lose 14lbs total!
mags89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 06:08 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

Height: 5'3"

Stimkovs- The only place I have access is at the gym I belong to. I just went up and asked the one day.
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:59 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 266/259/140

Height: 5'6''

Easter: 5 lbs
May day: 10 lbs

Starting weight 256

We can all do this!
All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 233/see ticker/130

Height: 5'4"

I'm in! I've been hanging around 196 for several weeks and was hoping to be below 190 at Easter (Easter challenge). I don't think I will make it, but I may get close. I will be a little more conservative and hope to reach 185 lbs in May!
seaurchin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:07 AM   #21  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Good morning everyone!
179 again this morning so I changed my ticker.
4star- I wish you were here so we could walk together
slim n up- I'd walk with you too

Can you tell I am having trouble finding a work out partner?
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 07:18 AM   #22  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Too Big, I also wish I had a walking partner, but I don't so I walk with Leslie Sansone. LOL. I have a heart condition so that is why only 2 miles a day, 4 day's a week. I may up it as time goes on, but if my heart rate gets way to hight my defribulator will go off. I have had it for nearly 11 years, I got it when I was only 41.

The medicine I am on keeps my heart rate low, low like 49 beats a minute, but for a good reason as the alternative isn't good. So with keeping my heart rate low, my metablism is low also. I am doing this with my DR.'s encouragement so for me it will be slow but hopefully steady.

Have a great day everyone,

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:25 AM   #23  
On a Mission

S/C/G: 246/193/169

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4star View Post
Ok well I have eaten pretty poorly this last weekend and am really bloated so like stimkovs I will not take the scale seriously until my weigh-in on Saturday.

My first phase goal is to walk 5-6 times per week and get my calories back on track at 1500-1750. I would like to break 190 for Easter.

My second phase goal is to add more strength training to my routine and get below 186.

So that's 8 ish pounds in 6 weeks. Solid loss but nothing too drastic.
I need to rearrange my goals for the challenge. I put on a pair of flip-flops day before yesterday and hurt the top of my foot. I have no idea exactly what happened, if I got bit by something that was on the flip-flop or strained a muscle, but it is swollen and red, not to mention painful. I'd go to the doc if I thought there was anything they could actually do except tell me to rest it, which I am already doing....

So anywho, my weight goals will stay the same but my first phase will be working on the strength training. I have free weights and resistance bands I don't use quite enough so I'll make use of those. I'll also do core work and whatever else I can do that doesn't hurt.

The second phase I will work on walking 5-6 days a week with the strength training added in.

Not ideal but life isn't ideal all of the time. I need to do something b/c if I don't the tendency will be to sit and snack while waiting for it to get better. We all know, that's a recipe for disaster and I never want to be above 200 again!
4star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:06 AM   #24  
On a Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by slim n up View Post
Too Big, I also wish I had a walking partner, but I don't so I walk with Leslie Sansone. LOL. I have a heart condition so that is why only 2 miles a day, 4 day's a week. I may up it as time goes on, but if my heart rate gets way to hight my defribulator will go off. I have had it for nearly 11 years, I got it when I was only 41.

The medicine I am on keeps my heart rate low, low like 49 beats a minute, but for a good reason as the alternative isn't good. So with keeping my heart rate low, my metablism is low also. I am doing this with my DR.'s encouragement so for me it will be slow but hopefully steady.

Have a great day everyone,

Wilma
That's amazing! Keep on rockin'!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:12 AM   #25  
On a Mission

Quote:
Originally Posted by toobig View Post

Can you tell I am having trouble finding a work out partner?
I walk to music. I use my smartphone and put on Pandora Radio, great music and no commercials. When a few of my favorite songs come on in a row my walk will be over before I knew it began.
Old 03-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #26  
Dedicated Yogi

S/C/G: 269/188/160

Height: 5'8 1/2 :)

hey chickies,
just a quick check in.

apparently im holding somewhere between 175 and 170. 174.4 today. I can't stop eating!!

I would be okay in maintenance in the late 160's, but not in the mid 170's. I feel bigger, I feel bloated, and it's just been a little bit of a rough patch. I would love to call it a plateau, but it really isn't, it's more of a "sof can't keep her mouth shut long enough to hit the 160s". ya, true store. I sees it? I eats it. Even if I can't see it, I will eat it. It's like insatiable hunger. I am now beggining to be stressed about my looming move, but I am taking it one step at a time, as always.

Baby steps, baby steps. and then a couple of more baby steps.

I have a little itty bitty feeling that I might be obsessing with food, and the colorie counting might be throwing me towards the end of the day- as I am always good all day, and then when I am home, ITS OVER.
stimkovs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 190/155/135

stimkov's: I hear ya! I've been trying to get into the 140's for the last 2 months and I just seem to get to 149 and then eat like crazy and then I go back up to 151. UGH! I have heard that your body does tend to fight the weightloss harder at certain points. (not making excuses...LOL).
One thing I was looking at today in an article was to make small daily goals so that even if you eat too much or whatever, you're still doing something right.

so my mini-daily goals for the challenge:
1. Eat 2 pieces of fruit (or more) each day.
2. Get my daily fiber
3. move around each day for 30 minutes. Whether exercise or cleaning, gardening, whatever just move!
4. NO RUNNING for the whole challenge, that's a daily one 'cus I really want to do it!

I find that during the week I do great at these and then the weekend slouches on everything. So I think I'd like to really focus on at least doing these things on Saturdays' and Sundays.

Anyhow, yesterday I ate WAY too much, but I do know that I'm PMSing this week and sometimes I get incredibly hungry. Plus I ate really crappy food the whole day.
Today is a new day though. I started out the day a little down, not sure why prolly PMS junk. But, now I'm feeling better! Food has been much better today and I did the elliptical at the gym for 45 minutes. Then I walked a bit during the morning and afternoon.

Anyhow.. off to see the world! Later chickies!
tdiprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:07 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 266/259/140

Height: 5'6''

On plan for the last few days Staying under calories and getting a workout each day! 30 minutes jogging on Monday, 20 minutes jogging yesterday, 20 minutes brisk walking today...need to warm up more before I go as my calves are killing me!!

stimkov: coming home is the hardest for me...at work it is easy to eat out of my bag but at home I have the whole kitchen worth of food!! We have a similar starting weight and you are an inspiration to have come so far!!

tdi: during that TOM for me I feel like I can't get enough food! I feel myself being in starvation mode and am completely insatiable!! Good job on the workout and eating today!!
All In is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:48 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 196(HW220) /149.5/130

I’m having a good start to the challenge. The weather is so great that I’ve been walking my parent’s dog outside rather than using the treadmill, so that’s been a nice change of pace. I’ve been OP, although my TOM came today and I indulged in a bit more chocolate than I had intended to. Why does chocolate taste even better around my TOM?

All In: Great job on the workouts!
Tdi: I’m glad today turned out better for you than yesterday! And that’s a cool idea, with the daily goals.
Stimkovs: I definitely have those days where I want to eat everything in sight (plus everything in my imagination, too). Just keep up with those baby steps. You can do it!
4star: I’m so sorry your flip flop attacked you I hope you feel better soon! Definitely go easy on it for now, and it sounds like you’ve worked out a plan so that’s great!
Slim: Wow, you’re doing great! Keep on doing what you’re doing and slow and steady will win the race
Toobig: I’d walk with you if you were here. My new walking partner is my parent’s dog, but he doesn’t talk and always wants to stop and sniff things. Not really ideal
Seaurchin, Mags, Jiggles: Welcome!
SparkleBE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 07:01 AM   #30  

S/C/G: 260/ticker/160

Height: 5'6 1/2"

Thanks for the advice on the music. I will try to get something going on my iphone. Any songs that are really good? Is pandora an app?

Slim- Wow! Way to go!
4star- poor foot
stimkovs- I have days like that. Sometimes a big pickle helps. I tell myself that if it was "real" hunger even the pickle would sound good.
sparklebe- The weather here is getting better and better too. I froze all winter and it about drove my husband nuts.

Hope everyone has a great day!
toobig is offline   Reply With Quote