3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/220403-joyfuls-journey-drop-26-lbs.html)

jomatho 03-24-2011 09:11 AM

Joyfull, you have a beautiful figure! What a difference a few months makes!

I have to tell you I had the mcdonalds chicken on a salad last night from your recipe and i loved it! I baked it instead of grilling through because it was inconvenient to grill it, and it turned out so juicy and tender! I put it in the marinade when you gave me the recipe, but threw it in the freezer back then. Yesterday I finally cooked it. Thanks!

I love following your thread, you are doing so well!

DEDIKAYTED 03-24-2011 10:04 AM

Looking GREAT!!!! Maybe one day I will have the nerve to put up my progress pics too!

See how that number on the scale doesn't mean too much? Look at you? Those jeans are falling off !!!!!and your FLAT abs? ... uhhhh - You could land planes on those, baby!

Killin it!

OH! Did you ever dust off your OLD abs tape that you were mentioning in another thread. I forgot who the lady was, but I know its an oldie but goodie abs video.

joyfulloser 03-24-2011 10:44 AM

Thanks Jomatho & Dedikayted!!!:hug:

Jomatho - Glad you liked the mock McDonald's chicken...it's goes soooo well over a warm spinach salad...YUM!:D

Dedikayted - Sorry to report, but no...haven't done my Joannie Greggains ab video yet...I HATE ABWORK, but honestly, her video is the simplest and most fun to do...I just haven't done it yet. I think I'll add abs with weight training once I reach goal weight.

I know its stupid, and really doesn't matter and yes, I see inches going and clothes fitting loser, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I'M ON A MISSION to see 150 or below on that darn SCALE!!!:mad: I'm crazy like that...once I set a goal...it's a wrap!:p I need to reach it...and anything short of it...is...well...good, but does not distract my eye from the goal. I MUST SEE 150!!!

Now...once I start weight training, I may gain a couple of lbs back in muscle...I'm totally ok with that...but first I must accomplish my mission..haha!;)

Have you noticed that the closer you get to your vanity goals, the hungrier you are? I've been sooooo hungry...I mean, I've been fantasizing about just sitting down eating endless amounts of cashews and muffins...:lol: This IS SICK!:o

joyfulloser 03-25-2011 06:46 AM

Weigh In = 157.6 lbs Wooo Hooooooooo...Finally made 157, may actually see 156 by next official weigh-in (monday)!:D

Breakfast - Blueberry Flax Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 210 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Snack - Spinach Salad w/grilled chicken, feta, cranberry & walnut - 300 cals.
Lunch - Pollock w/Alfredo sauce over chinese noodles, brocolli - 340 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted cashews - 83 cals.
Snack - 94% fat free Popcorn - 100 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted cashews - 83 cals.
Dinner - 3 slices DiGiorno 3 Meat Pizza - 787 cals.
Snack - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 2,258 cals.

EXERCISE:

No Exercise

Going to soak my "bad knee" in the hot tub today. Hopefully that'll help losen the muscles around my knee (I suspect my problems are IT band related). Anyhoot...I'm soooo happy to see the scale finally move downwards to an all time low...its make that AGONIZING workout yesterday all worth it!:carrot:

surfnmom 03-25-2011 11:58 AM

joyfulloser Hey girl, Congrats on the weigh drop. And sorry to see you have been hurt, Take care of the knee. Try doing some power walking on the treadmill and throw in some 30 sec sprints in. It Well give you a good workout with out aggravating the knee. So it can heal some more. I blew my knee out and this works real well. Or rather if your in the middle of a run and feel it, then drop to the power walk (fast walking) and throw in the sprints (high speed 30 sec's) , then back to power walk.

Got my fingers crossed that you well hit that 156 on Monday :D Again Grats

DEDIKAYTED 03-25-2011 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3774153)
Weigh In = 157.6 lbs Wooo Hooooooooo...Finally made 157, may actually see 156 by next official weigh-in (monday)!:D

Yaaaay! See how fast that temporary weight gain came back off? - Thats awesome! Its all downhill from here! I think you will see 155.8 VERY soon!

;)

Take care of that knee!

joyfulloser 03-26-2011 06:57 AM

Snack - 30g unsalted cashews - 166 cals.
Snack - Blueberry Flax Muffin - 130 cals.
Snack - unsalted cashews - 200 cals.
Lunch - Moroccan Chicken over bulgar wheat w/homemade salsa, green bean almondine - 340 cals.
Snack - Blueberry Flax Muffin -130 cals.
Dinner - Jamaican Curry Chicken breast over Carribbean Black Eyed Peas, steamed spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.
Snack - late night cashew NUT raid - 350 cals.

Total Calories: 2,081 cals.

EXERCISE:

NO RUNNING TODAY - Knees just wouldn't have it...:(
Eliptical - 30 mins on level 11

**Yesterday, I took my German Shepherd dog out back to play. He grabbed a 2" thick long wooden stake I had in the ground and came charging by me and WHACK!!!...right across my RIGHT knee cap. I heard a loud POP and nearly collapsed. I was like, "you gotta be kiddin me...now my other knee?" Sadly enough...the soak in the hot tub cured my left knee pain. Well..this morning and all last night my right knee cap is aching like crazy!!!Uggh!:mad: I've wrapped it up in ACE bandage and will attempt to run this morning. I'm soooo disappointed in my dog and he just keeps staring at me with no clue!

Took off running yesterday to give my left knee a break. I NEED to run both Sat & Sun! Here's hoping for the best!:D

***EDIT*** - I bought a bunch of nice red roma tomatoes last week and some fresh cilantro that were going to go bad, so I thought..hmmm...what can I make outa this....my answer...SALSA!!!!:carrot: Yup...I made my first batch ever of homemade salsa...and I absolutely LOVE IT!:D It was so simple to make...just onions, green chili peppers, garlic, cilantro, tomato, salt and lime juice and viola! It tasted sooooooooooo good. Goes w/moroccan chicken dish GREAT!

DEDIKAYTED 03-26-2011 12:19 PM

Awwww man! Sorry about your knee, hun. Just rest it and take ibuprofen.. I hope it feels better soon!

Jen516 03-26-2011 01:01 PM

Booo! I can't believe your other knee got injured too! Well, actually... I own a 1yr old german shepard pup so I guess I CAN believe it. They have no idea how big and clumsy they can be!

I also can't believe how great you look off of just running and pullups!!! WTG! :D

joyfulloser 03-27-2011 07:18 AM

Lunch - Thai Chicken Curry over brown rice w/fresh salsa, spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - 5 almonds, few raisins - 50 cals.
Snack - Roast chicken thigh & breast meat - 300 cals.
Dinner - Moroccan Chicken over bulgar wheat w/fresh salsa, green bean almondine - 340 cals.

Total Calories: 1,585 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!! - Good News = my right knee is all better; Bad News = my left knee injury is definitely an IT Band Injury. Remedy = work on stretching EXTRA good for at least 15-20 mins after run!:D

Jennnnnnnnnnnn!!!!:hug: - Glad you know what it's like to have a 1yr old big goofy clumpsy loveable but doofy dog!:lol: My Shepherd's b'day is July 17th (he'll be 2)....but he still acts like a kid! He's such a baby...and is constantly knocking into things. Oh and Thanks...I am happy with the progress I've made, but these last 10 lbs are MURDER!...and I'm getting antsy...and very very HUNGRY. Gotta keep fighting though...glad to hear from you.;)

Dedikayteddddddddddd!:hug: - Thanks for the WOnDERFUL advice...I took you up on it and had some ibruprofen last night...donno why I didn't think of that before!:crazy: I'm gonna pop another one today before my run...I'll let you know if it kept me from collapsing on the treadmill sayin, "I've fallen....and I can' GET UP!":rofl:

DEDIKAYTED 03-27-2011 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3776951)
EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!! - Good News = my right knee is all better; Bad News = my left knee injury is definitely an IT Band Injury. Remedy = work on stretching EXTRA good for at least 15-20 mins after run!:D

Dedikayteddddddddddd!:hug: - Thanks for the WOnDERFUL advice...I took you up on it and had some ibruprofen last night...donno why I didn't think of that before!:crazy: I'm gonna pop another one today before my run...I'll let you know if it kept me from collapsing on the treadmill sayin, "I've fallen....and I can' GET UP!":rofl:

Got that good run in today! Woohoooo! Get it gurl! Yes make sure you stretch! I have been sure to do a lot more stretching lately. Do you have a foam roller? OMG.. that thing is great for stretching and tired, achy muscles. Who knew that a cylinder piece of foam would do wonders for the body. Its like getting a deep tissue massage. I definitely use it when I get any muscle spasms as well.

Glad the anti-inflamms helped out.. ;)

joyfulloser 03-28-2011 06:49 AM

Official Weigh-In: 157.8

I guess I should be happy with this given how extremely high my calories have been all week, AND that I only ran 3 days this week.:p BUT...I NEED to see 155 soon...so while I'll take it for now...my mission is to keep my calories tight this week (between 1500-1600)!;) I'm finished with my supply of cashews (and will not replace because I love them too much)! I'm going to keep all foods that I find myself enjoying too much away. I've also REMOVED my Atkins Bars from this weeks snack (will not buy until next week)....another food that I LOVE but it is LOADED with calories.:)

Snack - 10 unsalted almonds, couple of raisins - 100 cals.
Lunch - Homemade Chili over spinach quinoa w/fresh salsa, corn & green beans - 406 cals.
Dinner - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin over spinach quinoa w/fresh salsa, stir fry veggies - 330 cals.

Total Calories: 1,521 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

Emme 03-28-2011 11:19 AM

You are doing so great, Joyful!! :)

joyfulloser 03-29-2011 06:45 AM

New low today = 156.4 :D Thanks Emme!:hug:

Snack - Spinach Salad, grilled chicken, cranberry, walnut - 275 cals.
Lunch - Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, stir fry veggies w/salsa - 400 cals.
Snack - 6 prunes - 60 cals.
Dinner - Shepherd's Pie, peas and carrots - 354 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.

Total Calories: 1,783 cals.

EXERCISE:

DAY OFF - MUST REST LEFT KNEE!!!:(

Donno if this is helping with weight loss...but I did think it worth a mention. For the past couple of weeks, I've been taking vitamin b50 complex, vit e-400mg, magnesium-400mg, 2 krill oil, vitamin d-5,000IU daily. I don't take a multi because my diet is extremely healthy.:)

Additionally, this past week, I've been topping all my foods for both lunch and dinner with a healthy dose of homemade salsa. I must say that something about that salsa cleans me out internally (better than anything else), and also curbs my appetite a bit. I'm gonna continue adding this to my meals because I've read about all the health benefits of raw onion and tomato as well as how they work together synergisticly.:)

Last but certainly not least...I'm going to start the 100 Pushup Challenge next week. For all those interested in trying it...here's the link: http://hundredpushups.com/test.html

DEDIKAYTED 03-29-2011 07:17 AM

156!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GET IT!!

There's always a rainbow after the storm! This will be a GREAT week!