3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/220403-joyfuls-journey-drop-26-lbs.html)

joyfulloser 03-06-2011 07:11 AM

Weight Day 2 after CHEAT meal: 162.0

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Lunch - Homemade Chili, corn & green beans - 406 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Snack - Blueberry Flax Muffin - 131 cals.
Dinner - Roasted Chicken (Breast Meat 3oz) with peanut sauce over brown rice, steamed spinach - 275 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.
Snack - 3 prunes, few raisins (I know...just asking for trouble here...lol!) - 50 cals.

Total Calories: 1,436 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.5 Miles!!! Really Pushed it..upped my speed to 5.7mph for 10 minutes of the run. Felt the difference! Total Mileage for the week: 21+ Miles..Woot...Goal ACHIEVED!!:D This is GREAT considering that I had a surprise appearance by Aunt Flo right before my RUN!! Dang...she's early AGAIN!:eek:

Will run again today 5+ miles by hook/crook! Sore today from blowing leaves in my front lawn (really HUGE front lawn, that is..ugggh!). I checked my calender and seems my SAVAGERY is coming from nothing other than good old fashioned PMS!:eek: Due in 5 days. This explains my severe water weight retention as well as my savagely ferocious appetite this past week. Although I'm no longer increasing my running time, I have been increasing my intensity. For the past several weeks, I've been running at speeds of 5.0 & 5.5 mph, alternating every 5 minutes for 45 mins of the run. Yesteday, my run was feeling a little "easy" so today I'm gonna up the 5.5 to 5.7mph and see if that helps me get that "sweat from head to toe" thing going again..:carrot:

Emme 03-06-2011 08:15 PM

Joyful ~ thanks for posting your running speeds! I try to run around 4.5-5.0 when I do decide to get on the treadmill, but didn't know if it was enough to really do anything. It's awesome that you are able to stay on for 50 minutes. Did you have to work your way up to it? For me, I think it's a lot of mind over matter ~ as soon as I tell myself I need to slow down, it's like my body shuts down and I have to reduce the speed. I might try to stick with 5.0 the next time I hop on the treadmill and see how long I can go ~ you've inspired me...again! :)

joyfulloser 03-07-2011 07:00 AM

Weight Day 3 after CHEAT meal and Day 1 of TOM: 160.8

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin (new batch), 2 JD Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - Jamaican Curry Chicken breast over Carribbean Black Eyed Peas, steamed spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart, 3 prunes - 100 cals.
Snack - 94% Fat Free Popcorn - 100 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
Dinner - South African Chicken curry over bulgar wheat, green bean almondine - 330 cals.
Snack - Spinach salad w/4oz grilled chicken, feta, cranberry, walnut - 300 cals.

Total Calories: 2,038 cals.

EXERCISE:

DAY OFF!

Emme - I started running at 3.5mph...a speed "others" may have deemed "shameful", but one I deemed a "victory" as walking used to be a challenge for me. I kept that speed for 30 seconds, followed by 2 minutes walking and repeat for a total of 20 mins./7 days a week.

I gradually increased my running time to 40 mins before I decided to increase my speed. At 40 mins, I was running longer and walking less. Bottom line...time spent running is waaaaay more important than speed. I never got into comparing my speed to what others "claim" on the boards. During this entire journey, I've only been in competition with myself. My whole claim to success was to be able to FINISH my goal time....speed has never mattered...and it STILL doesn't.

Today, I run for 65 mins (15 mins at 5.0, followed by alternating every 5 min. between 5.0 and 5.5 or 5.7). I only increase my speed to try to keep pushing/challenging my body so that it continues to cooperate with me. Remember...consistency is what where after here. Many people start out "flying out the gate" but almost ALWAYS die out quickly and give up all together. Running should be FUN...not work...take it easy and enjoy the view!:carrot:

Hope this helps.:hug:

Emme 03-07-2011 10:12 AM

Good to know. Thanks for your input. I get bored if I keep it just on one speed, so it helps me to go up and down a bit. I told a girl I work with that I jogged at 4.3 when I first started a few months ago, and she guffawed and said "that's my walking speed!!" I felt like an idiot. But, I'm starting slowly and try to do closer to 5.0 now.

joyfulloser 03-08-2011 06:35 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 JD Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - Homemade Chili, corn & green beans - 406 cals.
Dinner - Roasted Chicken (Breast Meat 3oz) with peanut sauce over brown rice, steamed spinach - 275 cals.

Total Calories: 1,525 cals.

EXERCISE:

NO EXERCISE TODAY:( Unexpected problems problems and more problems. Ugghh...now this means I've gotta run Wed, Thur, Sat, Sun...maybe I'll feel better after my next run...feeling really CRAMPY and just LOUSY!

Will run 5+ today. Donno what happened yesterday...started again with the cravings. I really craved raw spinach salad..what's with that?:?: Calories waaay high.:( Not sweating it...if I was hungry, then it better I eat things like spinach and low fat muffins than cheesecake! This is a very HORMONAL period for me.

I'm also starting to think that the 100 cal "popcorn" is giving me cravings and making me more hungry. I'm gonna cut it out my snack list for today and see where my daily calories end up. Also, I think I'm loving my PUMPKIN Raisin muffins a little bit tooo much. May need to "detox" off them for a week. Stay tuned...:D

joyfulloser 03-09-2011 09:14 AM

Lunch - Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over brown rice, steamed spinach - 375 cals.
Dinner - Jamaican Curry Chicken breast over Carribbean Black Eyed Peas, steamed spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh Pineapple, few raisins - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,412 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

**ATE really early dinner...approx 4pm dinner? I'm soooo off this week...need to run...nobody what I'm running tonight!**

DEDIKAYTED 03-09-2011 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3749877)
Lunch - Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over brown rice, steamed spinach - 375 cals.
Dinner - Jamaican Curry Chicken breast over Carribbean Black Eyed Peas, steamed spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh Pineapple, few raisins - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,412 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

**ATE really early dinner...approx 4pm dinner? I'm soooo off this week...need to run...nobody what I'm running tonight!**

Hope you are feeling better!!! :hug: This week started off kinda rough for me as well. You definitely "called it" the other day! Started off weight a great 5 mile run on Monday and then sore and bloated for 2 days!! LOL! Its ok though. Patience.

Oh!!! I was going to mention something about the popcorn! I noticed in the past that sometimes popcorn gave me cravings as well. Sometimes it may not have been actual cravings, but I guess my serving wasnt satisfying so I would be looking for something else. HOWEVER, this happened when I had it for snacks that were earlier in the day. Now, it seems as though if I have it in the evening it works as a better snack.. Say after dinner if I am staying up late and I just needed a snack. I guess it works better later in the day because I am not as hungry as I am during earlier meal/snack times.

I hope I am making sense. Its late and I am about to go to bed.. but I wanted to check on you before I turn in ;)

Nite!

joyfulloser 03-10-2011 07:01 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - Jamaican Curry Chicken breast over Carribbean Black Eyed Peas, steamed spinach - 340 cals.
Dinner - South African Chicken curry over brown rice, green bean almondine - 330 cals.

Total Calories: 1,351 cals.

EXERCISE:

HORRIBLE DAY...with a GREAT ending...but no exercise today...no time for it. Will make it up tomorrow...looks like I'll be running, Fri, Sat & Sun!

Dedikayted!!!:hug: - You are soooo absolutely right about the popcorn! I ate a really early lunch and dinner yesterday...finished by 4pm!:eek: Had a bag a 100 cal popcorn at about 6pm and didn't get hungry for the rest of the evening...so popcorn later in the day may be a better choice as you said!;)

I think I'm addicted to running!:?: Seriously...when I don't run I get miserably depressed.:( When I run...all is good. It's like the pressures of parenthood and being the head of my family (and all that comes with it) are somehow made easier to cope with if I run. It helps clean/ease my mind of tension/stress. I'd bet you there's some clinical findings that would support my theory....dunno of any...but I can certainly tell a HUGE difference. I will be running today fo sho!:carrot:

DEDIKAYTED 03-10-2011 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3751616)

Dedikayted!!!:hug: - You are soooo absolutely right about the popcorn! I ate a really early lunch and dinner yesterday...finished by 4pm!:eek: Had a bag a 100 cal popcorn at about 6pm and didn't get hungry for the rest of the evening...so popcorn later in the day may be a better choice as you said!;)

I think I'm addicted to running!:?: Seriously...when I don't run I get miserably depressed.:( When I run...all is good. It's like the pressures of parenthood and being the head of my family (and all that comes with it) are somehow made easier to cope with if I run. It helps clean/ease my mind of tension/stress. I'd bet you there's some clinical findings that would support my theory....dunno of any...but I can certainly tell a HUGE difference. I will be running today fo sho!:carrot:

Glad we figured out the popcorn mystery!

You know.. I can totally understand what you mean about being addicted to running. I feel the same way about exercise in general. When I workout I just feel soo much better! Thats why I love to workout in the morning as well because it gets my day off to a great start. Mentally I feel so much better, much more calmer and at ease. I dont need a clinical finding to support this, I KNOW this for a fact for me!

Get that run in and keep pushing!

joyfulloser 03-11-2011 06:47 AM

Snack - 3 prunes - 27 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted almonds - 95 cals.
Snack - baked sweet potato w/cinnamon - 90 cals.
Dinner - 3 slices DiGiorno 3 meat pizza - 525 cals.
Snack - Popcorn - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,914 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!! - Almost didn't run...had a longggg day and forced myself to run for an hour at 10pm!:eek: Talk boutcha DEEEtermination!;) Either that...or I'm just :crazy:

joyfulloser 03-12-2011 06:58 AM

Breakfast - Blueberry Flax Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 211 cals.
Lunch - South African Chicken curry over bulgar wheat, green bean almondine - 330 cals.
Snack - 1/ Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Snack - 16g unsalted almonds - 95 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart, 3 prunes - 100 cals.
Snack - Baked Sweet Potato w/cinnamon - 90 cals.

Total Calories: 1,582 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!! - another late night run, but I did it!:D Only 1 more day to go to running goal for the week.:)

This week has been totally screwy for me as far as STRESS levels, hormones, diet and exercise have been concerned. However, I'm still fighting to end it on a POSITIVE note. 2 down...2 to go! Will definitely be running today and tomorrow.... I WILL make my running goal this week...I WILL!:D

Finally went GROCERY SHOPPING yesterday! Now I can stop eating 50 pumpkin muffins per day..:lol:! Been low on snacks for the last several days. I've got alot of new chicken recipes I wanna try this week. Also going to be making a new fish (pollock) dish as well as ground turkey/ground beef dish...maybe make my famous SHEPHERD's PIE again...I DO love that one!;) Anyhoot...I will be a cooking fool this weekend. Here's what's tentitively on the menu:

1. Pollock (haven't decided how to cook yet)
2. Spicy Garlic Shrimp w/red pepper
3. Teriyaki pork tenderloin
4. sesame chicken
5. thai style chicken
6. 2 other chicken dishes
7. Shepherd's Pie
8. Chili

joyfulloser 03-13-2011 06:53 AM

Breakfast - Blueberry Flax Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 211 cals.
Lunch - South African Chicken curry over bulgar wheat, green bean almondine - 330 cals.
Snack - Popcorn - 100 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted almonds - 95 cals.

Total Calories: 1,562 cals.

EXERCISE:

NO EXERCISE TODAY - Had to make a COMMAND decision between running or cooking. I chose cooking. Needed to get it over with. Oh well...3 out of 4 ain't bad;)

Today should be interesting considering I just LOST 1 HOUR of sleep with the time change and this will be day 3 (in a row) of running 5+ miles. I WILL make my running goal...I MUST!:D

DEDIKAYTED 03-13-2011 09:47 AM

Gooood Morning!

I wanted to ask you - When your run back to back, do you feel like body soreness/tiredness? Some days I feel this and push anyway and other days I'm fine.

Well, then again.. I'd say that there's at least a little soreness everyday but that's probably til I get the old joints warmed up and ready to go....

joyfulloser 03-13-2011 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED (Post 3756149)
I wanted to ask you - When your run back to back, do you feel like body soreness/tiredness?

Hey there DEDIKAYTED!:D When I run for more than 2 days back to back, I start to feel "run down", but not necessarily "sore". This week has been ESPECIALLY rough due to TOM! Now TOM really takes a toll on these old bones!:lol: That combined with daily running and high mileage = tired old girl. I've definitely been PUSHING...it really is MIND over MATTER. If you tell yourself you WILL and CAN do something...you WILL!:carrot:

**GREAT NEWS ALERT** - I fit into a skirt today 6/8 (no vanity sizing...about 15yrs old) that I haven't been able to wear...even up to two weeks ago (the last time I tried it on). I also finally took my measurements and see that I am smaller at the SAME WEIGHT I was when I was doing low-carb and using the elipticle (2 yrs ago).

The SCALE has to move this week...clothes don't lie!;) Woot! Just thought I'd share.:)

Jen516 03-13-2011 05:12 PM

yay!!! Congrats!! That's great news! Good luck on the run today... I'm missing that hour of sleep too! :D