3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/220403-joyfuls-journey-drop-26-lbs.html)

melissakd 05-13-2011 09:28 AM

Hi Ladies! Joyful, can't wait to see the result of your cookathon.

Well, today is first weigh in day in a couple of weeks. Will be going to the doctor in about an hour.

Hoping to see a good number on weight and my blood pressure.

Wish me luck!

joyfulloser 05-13-2011 12:01 PM

More FOOOOOOD PICS!

5 Attachment(s)
Hey there Melissakd!:hug: All the best at your doctor's appt...I'm sure you'll get some GREAT numbers!:D

1. Filet Mignon w/rosemary mashed potatoes, brocolli
2. Herb roasted whole chicken (my 12 yr old loves this!)
3. Cod & Shrimp Alfredo over spinach quinoa, spinach
4. Sweet & Sour Chicken over brown rice, stir fry veggies
5. Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, veggies
6. Grilled Chicken for salads & snack (the usual) - no pic below

Need to make another batch of PUMPKIN RAISIN MUFFINS...down to last one!:o

Emme 05-13-2011 12:37 PM

Those look so delicious...love the filet mignon picture!

Aiesline 05-13-2011 02:32 PM

You know Joy.. I bet you could totally make a living cooking up this stuff and selling it. They look wonderful!

joyfulloser 05-14-2011 07:03 AM

Thanks Emme & Aiesline!:) It's funny you say that Aiesline, a friend, who came over and tried one of my "meals" suggested the same thing. She said that the food was really delishous and healthy. I could do a lunch-time delivery service or something. I think I'm gonna look into it. Just with all the codes and laws, I may not be able to do it out of my kitchen.:?: Thanks anyway though.:hug:

Breakfast - 3 Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Pancakes, veggie pattie - 370 cals.
Snack - McDonald's Apple Dippers (no sauce) - 35 cals.
Lunch - Cod & Shrimp Alfredo over spinach quinoa, spinach - 300 cals.
Snack - Skinny Cow Truffle Pop - 100 cals.
Snack - 94% fat free Popcorn - 100 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Dinner - Filet Mignon over mashed potatoes, brocolli - 350 cals.
Snack - Protein strawberry-banana smoothie - 277 cals.

Total Calories: 1,602 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

Aiesline 05-14-2011 09:05 AM

I think if you get zoned as a catering company that you can cook from home. since it's a delivery service you might be able to do that. See if you can get some business lunches catered in for meetings and such...

joyfulloser 05-15-2011 08:00 AM

Thanks for the suggestions Aiesline...I'm going to look into that idea. Sure would be great doing something that I love. I'll post my findings here.

Snack - NONE
Lunch - Cod & Shrimp Alfredo over spinach quinoa, brocolli - 300 cals.
Snack - Skinny Cow Truffle Pop - 100 cals.
Dinner - Sweet-n-Sour Chicken over bulgar wheat, green bean almondine - 340 cals.
Snack - 3 slices DiGiorno 3 Meat Pizza - 787 cals.

Total Calories: 1,997 cals.

EXERCISE:

NO RUNNING

**NOTES - Yesterday, while waiting on line at McDonald's, I watched the lady making these delishous looking smoothies. I've actually tried their smoothies before and there actually quite good. I dunno, but it made me crave smoothies all day. So last night I made me a REAL FRUIT smoothie (loaded with strawberries w/1/2 banana & 1 scoop whey protein powder, whole milk, splenda and lots and lots of ICE!!!) It was soooooooooooooo good. Mcdonalds has NOTHING on my smoothie! and I can actually call mine a REAL.FRUIT.SMOOTHIE (Mcdonalds should be called SUGAR & FAT SMOOTHIE!):lol:

Jen516 05-15-2011 12:29 PM

Food looks great!! Especially the sweet and sour chicken! And I'm going to get some of those rice noodles. I'm down to 2 BMD boxes per month -- still love the convenience. :D Is that broccoli raw or frozen?

melissakd 05-15-2011 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3848314)
Hey there Melissakd!:hug: All the best at your doctor's appt...I'm sure you'll get some GREAT numbers!:D

1. Filet Mignon w/rosemary mashed potatoes, brocolli
2. Herb roasted whole chicken (my 12 yr old loves this!)
3. Cod & Shrimp Alfredo over spinach quinoa, spinach
4. Sweet & Sour Chicken over brown rice, stir fry veggies
5. Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, veggies
6. Grilled Chicken for salads & snack (the usual) - no pic below

Need to make another batch of PUMPKIN RAISIN MUFFINS...down to last one!:o

Yummo!! I want some of that chicken right now :cool: Drs appt went GREAT! First time bp has been in normal range (after 3 years of 2 meds a day) and down 5 more lbs. I thought he was gonna hug me. lol

joyfulloser 05-16-2011 07:18 AM

Hey Jen! - I actually got the rice sticks/noodle idea from BMD!;) The brocolli is fresh & uncooked at the time of the picture. I figure since I nuke the meals, no need to precook the veggies!:D

Melissakd - That's GREAT news!!! That was one of the BEST benefits for me as well...getting healthy!

Snack - NONE
Lunch - Sweet-n-Sour Chicken over brown rice, stir fry veggies - 340 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
Snack - 30g unsalted cashews - 180 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted cashews - 100 cals.
Dinner - Sesame Chicken over brown rice, stir fry veggies - 330 cals.
Snack - 30g unsalted cashews - 180 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.
Snack - unsalted cashews - 300 cals.

Total Calories: 2,223 cals.

EXERCISE:

No Running

*K...got in 16 miles last week. New week running goal is 21 miles. I'll make it if I get back to running M, W, F, Sun.

Made pizza for my daughter and her friend last night...it smelled so good...so I didn't even try to fight it!:mad: I figured, hey..I want it...so be it...It's not going to kill me...or make me fat...if I try to "deny" myself, I'll end up obsessing about it and maybe eat the entire PIZZA!:eek: So I had 3 slices and the beast was happy and satisfied....Aaaahhh..good times...good times!:)

**UPDATE** - Gonna buy a deep freezer (7 cubic ft) today from Sams Club. They are running a special, 10 days for $10 for a business membership!..woo hoo! I'm thinking, with all my meal pre-planning, it would make life so much more efficient to just buy my meats in bulk and have ample room for meal storage. My kitchen is HUGE so I have plenty room for one...gonna DO IT!!! Just joined Costco yesterday and bought some stuff, but thinking about getting a membership refund as I really was NOT impressed with their food pricing (especially their poultry, beef and fish!) For example...the jumpo shrimp was like $9.99/lb!!!:eek: So what they give you a TROTH of it...it still the same price as a small pack. I LOVE Walmart (Wally-mart as I like to call it), so I should love Sam's Club.

At least I'm not stuck with this Costco $50 membership due to their satisfaction guaranteed policy!:D

I'm really thinking hard about starting my own catering business. I would LOVE to do that for a living. My own HEALTHY, yet delishous catering business. My "nitch" would be HEALTHY ETHNIC FOODS and I would prepare foods from Thailand, Africa, China, India, Mexico & Greece. I would also prepare my low fat, high fiber desserts and cakes! I could buy a lunch cart (maybe off craigslist) and do a lunchtime/breakfast delivery. All meals would be served frozen. If it took off, I could do a local delivery type business (like Bistro MD)! I'm so stoked about this idea. Thanks again Aiesline for getting my marbles rollin' bout this!:D

Gwen 05-16-2011 01:04 PM

How about a cookbook? I'd love to have all of your recipes w/calorie & nutrition counts. Maybe month of menus - a week at a time with a shopping list? I'll pay for that!

Emme 05-16-2011 01:10 PM

Joyful, you should totally have your own catering business! You would do so well with it and everything you make looks absolutely delicious. :)

Did you ever try the cinnamon as an appetite suppressant? I was thinking of trying it, but wanted to see how it had worked for you.

joyfulloser 05-17-2011 06:58 AM

Gwen - Thanks for your support and GREAT IDEAS! That's something I may look into in the future. Thanks again!:D

Emme - Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm talking it over with a friend now and we're brainstorming! Oh and YES...I wrote about he cinnamon here on my thread. It works great for an appetite suppressant, and also works to keep the body from storing fat and is a GREAT energy booster!:D

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 JD Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - Cod & Shrimp Alfredo over spinach quinoa, brocolli - 300 cals.
Snack - 2 Pumpkin Raisin Muffins - 278 cals.
Dinner - Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, stir fry veggies - 340 cals.
Snack - unsalted cashews (ooops!)- 400 cals.
Snack - Banana - 100 cals.
Snack - unsalted cashews - 500 cals.

Total Calories: 2,724 cals.

EXERCISE:

No Running

**NOTE TO SELF** - NO MORE CASHEWS for the rest of the WEEK!!:mad: I have a serious addiction to them and cannot stop myself once I get started (apparently;))

DEDIKAYTED 05-17-2011 12:53 PM

I just remembered that you asked me about the Cinnamon! I was taking 1 capsule with each of my 5 meals. I didn't take it last week or this week. I need to put it in my purse to remember. But I was pretty much getting a large amount of cinnamon anyway from my oatmeal and my kale smoothies (especially these). When I cook the kale for a few minutes I DUMP a ton of cinnamon in there!

How are you feeling without the scale? I think NOW that I have at least gave myself a date that I can weigh, my mind can rest and I feel so extra motivated again! I love having things to look forward to! I haven't decided if I will bring it back in the house to live with me again or if I will just let my sweetie hold on to it. I guess it will all depend on how "stable" I feel when it comes time to weigh! LOL! Now that I have broken the obsession, I think I wouldnt mind weighing once every 2 weeks or once a week. So.. we'll see.

OH.. btw! As everyone else has already said, YOUR MEALS ARE LOOKING DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!

joyfulloser 05-18-2011 07:09 AM

Hey there Dedikayted!!:) Glad to hear your doing well without your scale. For the most part I have as well...but I'm more of a work in progress (I cheated and looked a few times last week:lol:). Thanks about the food. It really is sooo tasty. Unfortunately, though, after much review of my city's local codes/ordinances, it's just simply too much legal loopholes to jump through to start a catering (lunch delivery) business in my state. So it seems I will just have to go back to enjoying it all for myself!:p

Snack - Watermelon - 40 cals.
Lunch - Filet Mignon over mashed potatoes, brocolli - 350 cals.
Snack - unsalted cashews - 400 cals.
Dinner - Sweet-n-sour chicken over brown rice, stir fry veggies - 330 cals.
Snack - slice of homemade Pumpkin Pie - 200 cals.
Snack - 2 more slices of homemade Pumpkin Pie - 400 cals.

Total Calories: 2,816 cals.

EXERCISE:

Ugggh! NO RUNNING AGAIN! - Getting lazy...need NEW PLAN!:mad: