3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/220403-joyfuls-journey-drop-26-lbs.html)

joyfulloser 04-05-2011 06:49 AM

Dedikayted - WOW..15 pushups...your in pretty GREAT shape I'd say!;) I can only do about 6-8 pushups!:D Which is weird actually considering I can do 21 pullups? Anyhoot...Go GURL!:carrot:

Pochamma10 - Sure thing...here they goooo! Oh and with the chicken recipe, sometimes I replace the chicken breast with chicken thighs (defatted as much as possible). This taste better, but keep in mind you add about an add'l 100 calories per serving!;) Enjoy!!!:hug:

http://caloriecount.about.com/carrib...recipe-r505352

http://caloriecount.about.com/jamaic...recipe-r505369

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Lunch - Sesame Chicken over brown rice, green bean almondine - 350 cals.
Snack - 94% fat free Popcorn - 100 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
Dinner - Grilled Chicken, steamed brocolli - 200 cals.

Total Calories: 1,457 cals.

EXERCISE:

No Running - Spring Cleaning Only!:)

pochamma10 04-06-2011 04:26 AM

Thank you so much, Joyful! These look delish! I'll let you know how they turn out - may have to wait until June when I am back in the States to make them as I'm not sure I can find all of the ingredients here!!

Also, I was channeling you yesterday - I felt tired and was having some foot pain but I went for a 2 mile jog yesterday anyway! It was the "inner warrior" as you called it. Just thought I'd share the positive impact you had on others!!!

joyfulloser 04-06-2011 10:51 AM

:)

Lunch - Pork Tenderloin (teriyaki) over brown rice, stir fry veggies - 330 cals.
Snack - 94% fat free Popcorn, 4 prunes - 140 cals.
Dinner - Sesame Chicken over brown rice, green bean almondine - 400 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,652 cals.

EXERCISE:

No Running - Spring Cleaning Only!

joyfulloser 04-07-2011 07:19 AM

Feeling GREAT that I'm taking a week off exercise...my left knee is thanking me!:) Diet is right though...keepin it moving on the serious hardcore spring cleaning...and I KNOW my next run will be OUTRAGEOUS and STRONG! The funny thing is...I have no guilt...I'm LOVING not working out for a week...feels really good to focus on something else for a change!;)

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - Homemade Chili over spinach quinoa w/fresh salsa, spinach - 406 cals.
Snack - 10 unsalted almonds, few raisins - 120 cals.
Dinner - Pork tenderloin (teriyaki) over brown rice, green bean almondine - 330 cals.

Total Calories: 1,599 cals.

EXERCISE:

NO Running - still finishing up Spring Cleaning (who knew dust collected in so many places?:p)

oodie 04-07-2011 12:03 PM

I just discovered this thread, and wow!!!! What a joyous weight loss thread this is! You are a real success story with a great attitude. I just love this thread. I love peeking into other dieters' menus and getting ideas. Keep it up! It's a pleasure to read.

Emme 04-07-2011 12:42 PM

Joyful, I thought of you today because of your knee problems!! My left knee is swollen and I still pushed through and did a spinning class yesterday...dumb. I'm glad you are taking care of yourself! I need to learn to do the same. :)

joyfulloser 04-08-2011 07:19 AM

Awwwhhh...thanks Oodie!:hug: Emme, don't feel bad...it took me 2 weeks of running on a busted knee for the light bulb to go off in my head...STOP!!! It stinks...but the good news is...when you return to your workout, you'll be stronger, rejuvenated and better than ever. The hard part is taking that much needed break. Just remember to stick with your healthy eating while you rest your achy ligaments and tendons!:D

Snack - 1/2 small baked sweet potato w/cinnamon - 90 cals.
Lunch - Homemade Chili over brown rice w/fresh salsa, spinach - 406 cals.
Dinner - Homemade Chili over brown rice w/fresh salsa, spinach - 406 cals.

Total Calories: 1,545 cals.

EXERCISE:

**UPDATE** - Uggh...No Running today, but lots of SHOPPING!:carrot:

Ok..today I'm BACKKKKKKK!!!! Will run a most powerful 5+ miles!:D Weather is nice...so OUTDOORS I goooo!;)

joyfulloser 04-09-2011 08:32 AM

Ok..so I sneaked on the scale (official weigh in is Monday) and to my surprise 156.4!!! However my bf% dropped 3%!:eek: Can't wait to start back running!!!:D

Lunch - Salmon w/red pepper coulis over spinach quinoa, spinach - 340 cals.
Dinner - Spinach salad w/grilled chicken, feta, cranberry & walnut - 275 cals.
Snack - 10 unsalted almonds, few raisins - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,528 cals.

EXERCISE:

No Running - Uggh...need to run!

Jen516 04-09-2011 12:29 PM

Good deal on the bf%!! That's a huge drop! I'm trying not to put too much stock into the actual number on the scale myself. Last week i ate perfect, even on the low-cal side and lost NOTHING. THis week, I was sorta peeved, ate multiple days at the 1800 range and a couple days over 2000 and I lost 4.5lb. ?!!? There's hardly any way to predict the scale. You've been doing such a great job!!! Keep it up and enjoy your run today! BTW, I'm in the zone on the jogging thing and thinking about the strength training. When you first started out what did you do? Pull-ups, situps, pushups???

joyfulloser 04-10-2011 07:55 AM

Jennnn!!!:D - Congrats on the weight loss...you've just been AMAZING! Words cannot describe how happy I am you are enjoying running...who knew...right?:lol: Jen, I'm still NOT doing strength training (formally), but I'll do some pushups here and there, but am most regular with my pullups. I can now do about 8-9 pullups at one shot! I started slow by just using a chair to get myself up there...and slowly lowering myself. I finally worked up to having enough strength to pull myself up at around 200 lbs. As you can imagine at 50 lbs lighter, this task is much easier now.:) Keep up the good work...and most importantly...just make sure to do things you ENJOY! There's NO MAGIC BULLET here...JUST KEEP MOVING!:carrot:

Lunch - Salmon w/red pepper coulis over spinach quinoa, spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple - 120 cals.
Dinner - South African Chicken curry over spinach quinoa, brocolli - 330 cals.
Snack - 3 prunes, small Navel Orange - 75 cals.

Total Calories: 1,633 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

joyfulloser 04-10-2011 08:05 AM

New Bikini!

2 Attachment(s)
Just bought a new bikini and tried it on yesterday. Here are the pics! I was so happy to find one that I actually liked this early in the season!:D

Oh yeah...and the best part is that I bought this at Walmart for $30 bucks...in the Junior section...SIZE M!!!! Woot!:carrot: I normally can NEVER fit cheap bathing suits right...and I was the skinny chick in the dressing room...haha...I LOVE IT!!!

joyfulloser 04-11-2011 06:56 AM

Official Weigh In = 155.6!!!:D Ok...so after 10 days with no exercise...I'm convinced this journey is ALL ABOUT DIET! Only 5 more pounds to go!:carrot: Sure feels better to be back at running again though...leg feeling good today.:)

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - Shepherd's Pie, peas and carrots - 354 cals.
Dinner - South African Chicken curry, bulgar wheat, green bean almondine - 330 cals.
Snack - 10 unsalted almonds, few raisins - 100 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple - 120 cals.

Total Calories: 1,672 cals.

EXERCISE:

No Running

evilwomaniamshe 04-11-2011 07:11 AM

Your rockin that suit! Fyi, i Replied to your margartiville comment on my 4 yr thread.... :) Injuries suck glad the rest got you healed, enjoy your moderate run first day back, k? :)! 5 more to go, super duper, girl I know you'll getter done! :).

joyfulloser 04-11-2011 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evilwomaniamshe (Post 3801561)
Your rockin that suit! Fyi, i Replied to your margartiville comment on my 4 yr thread.... :) Injuries suck glad the rest got you healed, enjoy your moderate run first day back, k? :)! 5 more to go, super duper, girl I know you'll getter done! :).

Thanks...your 4yr post was sooo inspirational to me.:hug: Let me know how you like the muffins...I'm pretty much eat them every day (sooo delishous) and they have a become an "obvious" staple to my diet...high in fiber...and you KNOW how us older gals need our FIBER! haha! Ok...now I really sound old. I'm also an 18yr old 44yr old'r!:p

Emme 04-11-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3801545)
Official Weigh In = 155.6!!!:D Ok...so after 10 days with no exercise...I'm convinced this journey is ALL ABOUT DIET!

I'm really glad you said that...I'm taking the week off from exercise because of my left knee and I am petrified. I am also up three pounds on the scale from a weekend of falling off the calorie-counting wagon, so I'm hoping some of the weight gain is from sodium and not enough water throughout the weekend (reaaaalllyyyy hoping). If I have to chalk this week off as a non-weight-loss week, then so be it, but I am going to be all over my calories this week. Strict, strict, strict!