3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/220403-joyfuls-journey-drop-26-lbs.html)

Tree0164 03-18-2011 07:46 AM

Do you have a link to your pumpkin raisen recipe

joyfulloser 03-18-2011 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tree0164 (Post 3763761)
Do you have a link to your pumpkin raisen recipe

Sure thing. I input all of my recipes on calorie count dot com so that I can track it's calories/macros and easily share with others.:) Here's the link: http://caloriecount.about.com/pumpki...recipe-r488704

Enjoy!:D

joyfulloser 03-18-2011 08:46 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage - 219 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Lunch - Pollock w/Alfredo sauce over chinese noodles, brocolli - 340 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple - 80 cals.
Snack - 94% Fat Free Popcorn - 100 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Dinner - Moroccan Chicken over brown rice, green bean almondine - 340 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.
Snack - 5 almonds, few raisins - 50 cals.

Total Calories: 1,623 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

It's PIZZA NIGHT around deeez here parts tonight!:lol: Not to worry though...I passed on the pizza and just made my little girl real happy...finished a really long and hard run and well...Pretty proud of myself tonight.:) I almost went for the pizza, but I really want to see 157 this week, so no pizza for me this week...maybe next week..haha! My bodyfat is getting really really low and every pound I lose seems to make such a BIG difference nowadays...I've also noticed that I've gotta put more into my workouts to get that body drenched sweat like I like...this tells me my body is well conditioned and also is not going to RELEASE these last few pounds of fat without me giving it MY ALL...well so be it then! IT'S ON!!!:D

Gwen 03-18-2011 09:13 AM

Scale isn't budging - I'm so depressed

The scale isn't budging - I'm so depressed! I haven't upped calories, work out almost every day, what is going on? :( This is depleting my motivation, which had been really on a roll.

Joyful, I've read your posts and saw that you have consistenty lost. How can I avoid plateaus? Also, please provide a link for your Thai Chicken Curry (yum)

joyfulloser 03-18-2011 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gwen (Post 3763863)
The scale isn't budging - I'm so depressed! I haven't upped calories, work out almost every day, what is going on? :( This is depleting my motivation, which had been really on a roll.

Joyful, I've read your posts and saw that you have consistenty lost. How can I avoid plateaus? Also, please provide a link for your Thai Chicken Curry (yum)

Sorry to hear the scale's giving you a hard time these days.:hug: Yes, I've lost pretty consistently since my start back on September 6, 2010. I was and am still ON A MISSION!:carrot: I've put alot of thought into what I eat both from a physical and a mental point of view. IMHO, our bodies DO CARE what type of calories we are giving it and sodium DOES COUNT! I think taking all these things into consideration have helped me to avoid a plateau.

EXERCISE for me is running 4 days/week and doing body weight pullups (not many, but consistently)...that's it. My calorie intake is noted here on this thread and is pretty all over the place. Maybe that keeps my body guessing...who knows? I don't watch numbers...I listen to my body. For instance, when I run or do any type of exercise...I don't even look at the calories burned number...that means NOTHING to me as I KNOW it's inaccurate. I look at how much I sweat...YES...my own SWEAT-O-METER! If all of my clothes are soaked 4 days a week and my calories are kept between 1500-1800 (on avg)/day for the week...I KNOW my body is going to melt and release the fat.

I think it's important to learn your own body and how it reacts to different stimuli. For instance running does something for me that my eliptical or my recumbent bike simply do not...not only in terms of reshaping my body, but in where the fat seems to melt off!:eek:

Ok...nuff rambling...bottom line...stick with it...tweak it...but stick with it...and the fat will release itself...you could very well be melting internal fat that simply hasn't been released by your body yet. Be on a MISSION...and you'll get there.;)

This Thai recipe is really really delishous! Enjoy!:D http://caloriecount.about.com/thai-c...recipe-r582745

DEDIKAYTED 03-18-2011 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3763834)
Breakfast -

It's PIZZA NIGHT around deeez here parts tonight!:lol: Not to worry though...I passed on the pizza and just made my little girl real happy...finished a really long and hard run and well...Pretty proud of myself tonight.:) I almost went for the pizza, but I really want to see 157 this week, so no pizza for me this week...maybe next week..haha! My bodyfat is getting really really low and every pound I lose seems to make such a BIG difference nowadays...I've also noticed that I've gotta put more into my workouts to get that body drenched sweat like I like...this tells me my body is well conditioned and also is not going to RELEASE these last few pounds of fat without me giving it MY ALL...well so be it then! IT'S ON!!!:D

You WILL see 157 soon! Woohoo! You deserve it! Good job on your runs as well! I am having major hella cramps right now, but still can't wait to get in the gym in the morning. :D I haven't been there in a week and I feel like a crackhead about to take a hit... I missed working out. I am sure my body appreciated the rest, but ENUF IS ENUF! LOL. Its back on!

Guess I will go and plan my workout for tomorrow. Really want to tighten these arms up so I need to get some upperbody weights in definitely!!

Here's to seeing 157 soon.....!! Like maybe, uh.. tomorrow ;)

joyfulloser 03-19-2011 06:58 AM

Thanks Dedikayted!:hug: Official weigh in is on Monday...so I'll wait til then to see if I made it to 157!:)

Lunch - Spicy Garlic Shrimp over brown rice, stir fry veggies - 278 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple - 80 cals.
Snack - Baked Sweet Potato w/cinnamon - 95 cals.
Dinner - Thai Chicken Curry over brown rice, spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - 94% fat free Popcorn - 100 cals.

Total Calories: 1,606 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5 Miles OUTDOOR TRAIL w/HILLS!!! This is a GREAT milestone for me...I still had more to spare..who says running outdoors is harder than treadmill.pffft!:D

Although today is my "day off"...gonna run anyway...I'll get 25 miles in this week and see if that "shakes the scale" loose! Scale has kinda "frozen up" on me these days...so having to FIGHT for each pound, gotta keep fighting back!:D

DEDIKAYTED 03-19-2011 07:14 AM

Woman!! You are an early riser! Even on the weekend! You must be a creature of habit.. I think I asked you this before, but I can't remember. What's the timing of your meals?

Is it something like -

7am

9am

12am

3pm

5pm

7pm

????

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of meal plan works best with my tummy! Sometimes I don't feel satisfied on smaller meals. I think the issue is eating small meals and still waiting 3 hours... I guess that's why I like starting my meals later in the day..

However, I do feel a lean "high" sometimes when I eat minimeals because my system feels "light" and not weighed down And THAT feeling - I LOVE!

Well, we'll see since today I'm back on track.. Thank you Jesus!

DEDIKAYTED 03-19-2011 07:17 AM

44Woman!! You are an early riser! Even on the weekend! You must be a creature of habit.. I think I asked you this before, but I can't remember. What's the timing of your meals?

Is it something like -

7am

9am

12am

3pm

5pm

7pm

????

I'm still trying to figure out what kind of meal plan works best with my tummy! Sometimes I don't feel satisfied on smaller meals. I think the issue is eating small meals and still waiting 3 hours... I guess that's why I like starting my meals later in the day..

However, I do feel a lean "high" sometimes when I eat minimeals because my system feels "light" and not weighed down And THAT feeling - I LOVE!

Well, we'll see since today I'm back on track.. Thank you Jesus!

Gwen 03-19-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3764107)
I was and am still ON A MISSION!:carrot: I've put alot of thought into what I eat both from a physical and a mental point of view. IMHO, our bodies DO CARE what type of calories we are giving it and sodium DOES COUNT! I think taking all these things into consideration have helped me to avoid a plateau.

Thank you Joyful!! (what is IMHO?) I have been using processed food too much, really need to cut that out in order to cut out sodium. and, I'll push up the exercize by another 10-15 minutes. Calories are already at 1200 - 1300, and subtracting for exercise, I'm falling below 1,000 most days. ?? maybe a little too low and stavation mode kicked in? SO, I'll try raising calories by 200 with ONLY clean foods!!!

And maybe it's time to get back into running?

joyfulloser 03-19-2011 12:44 PM

DediKayted - I'm not really on a schedule, but it seems to work out that I eat like this:
b - 6:30 a.m.
s - 9:00 a.m.
s - 11 a.m.
l - 12:00 pm
s - 2pm
s 3:30 pm
d - 5pm
s - 7pm
s- 9pm

Yeah...that's about right.:) Glad to hear your back on track...can't wait to hear about how GOOOOOD you feel after your first workout back!:hug:

Gwen - Glad you found that helpful. Oh and IMHO = In My Honest Opinion.:) I do think that if you workout at least 3-4 times a week, you should be taking in more calories. It can be just as harmful to our goals to eat too little as it can be to eat too much. Sedentary no exercise people can get away with 1200 cals...not us who enjoy to sweat. We've gotta BURN THE FAT...and...FEED THE MUSCLE!;) I'd start at 1500 cals. and with exercise 4-5 days/week and go from there. Don't worry...this process requires tweeking by everybody...stick with it...you'll get there!!!:hug:

DEDIKAYTED 03-19-2011 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DEDIKAYTED (Post 3765179)
44Woman!!!

Where did that 44 comes from? LOL! Sorry, that's what happens when you reply from your cell phone and not the computer!

Thanks for the insight on the meals. I feel great today.. I ended up doing 50 minutes of cardio, bis and tris. Feeling soo much better even though I am all swo'd up from my period...

Still happy I get to work out though!

Enjoy the beautiful day!

joyfulloser 03-20-2011 07:40 AM

Lunch - Pollock w/Alfredo sauce over chinese noodles, brocolli - 340 cals.
Snack - 94% fat free Popcorn - 100 cals.
Snack - 10 unsalted almonds - 70 cals.
Dinner - Sesame Chicken over Rice sticks, stir fry veggies - 360 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted cashews - 80 cals.
Snack - Chinese food - beef/brocolli, 1 fried chicken wing - 300 cals.

Total Calories: 2,057 cals.

EXERCISE:

NO EXERCISE - sore from outdoor run yesterday - DAY OFF!

joyfulloser 03-21-2011 07:32 AM

Snack - 1/2 Atkins Bar - 120 cals.
Lunch - Homemade Chili over brown rice, corn & green beans - 406 cals.
Snack - 1/2 Atkins Bar - 120
Snack - 30g unsalted cashews - 166 cals.
Dinner - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin over bulgar wheat, steamed spinach - 330 cals.
Snack - Spinach salad w/grilled chicken, walnuts, cranberry, feta - 300 cals.
Snack - Unsalted Cashews - 250 cals.
Snack - Blueberry Flax Muffin - 130 cals.

Total Calories: 2,295 cals.

EXERCISE:

LOUSY DAY - PIGGED OUT - NO EXERCISE!:(

Going to my doctor or E.R. today...my right hand is super swollen. A few days ago I pricked the back of my hand messing around with one of my rose bushes...I think it may have gotten infected (my blood, that is), which would explain why I've been feeling bad the last 2 days. Will report back later.:(

DEDIKAYTED 03-21-2011 08:45 PM

Is your hand better?? I hope you are OK!! :hug: