3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/220403-joyfuls-journey-drop-26-lbs.html)

jomatho 02-08-2011 09:28 AM

Thanks Joyful! That information is very helpful and I plan to marinate me some chicken tonight! I just have to go buy chicken and liquid smoke. I was going to the grocery store today anyways, so thanks for getting back so quickly!
You look great in your pics! I can't believe you haven't been doing weights other than pull ups! I can't even do a pullup! Maybe when I lose another 30 pounds or so..... Just started adding back in girly pushups and am able to do 25-those make me pretty sore for a couple days!
Thanks again!

joyfulloser 02-09-2011 06:58 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage links - 219 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Lunch - Shepherd's Pie, peas and carrots - 354 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
Snack - 1/2 oz unsalted cashews - 80 cals.
Dinner - Teriyaki Pork Tenderloin over spinach quinoa, baked sweet potato - 420 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange, couple of unsalted cashews - 65 cals.

Total Calories: 1,587 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 4.3 miles (STRONG run, but running late, so had to cut it short..grrrrh:mad: ) Next run, I'll allow more time...hate it when I wait until the last minute!:(

WILL run 5+ miles today.:D

joyfulloser 02-10-2011 06:54 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage links - 219 cals.
Lunch - Mexican Picadillo, Agave Glazed Plantains - 435 cals.
Snack - 3/4 oz unsalted cashews, 20 cal raisins - 140 cals.
Dinner - Thai Stir fry chicken over brown rice, green beans - 380 cals.
Snack - 1/2 Atkins Protein Bar - 120 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,548 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 4.1 miles (GREAT RUN again..STRONG, but once again I was running late so I had to cut it short!...need to start EARLIER...Grrrrrrrrrhhhhh!!!:mad: ) Will try again tomorrow for 5+!:carrot:

Plan on running 5+ miles today.:carrot:

joyfulloser 02-11-2011 06:53 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links - 219 cals.
Snack - 1/2 oz unsalted cashews - 80 cals.
Lunch - Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 420 cals.
Snack - 1/2 Atkins Protein Bar - 120 cals.
Dinner - Take-out Jamaican curry chicken, peas & rice, cabbage - 900 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin (new batch) - 139 cals.

Total Calories: 2,132 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 4.5 Miles (Ok...soooo not as STRONG as yesterday...actually mildly WEAK..haha! But I'm not gonna be too hard on myself given it is the 1st day of TOM!;))

Ugghhh...Cramp City today...had a little surprise this morn...1st day of TOM!:eek: Which would explain why I soooo desperately felt the need to plan my CHEAT MEAL today...yup...it's JAMAICAN and I can't wait!!!:D Gonna run 5 today. Gonna eat like a queen for din din tonight. Gonna be 162 by Tuesday!:D

**EDIT** Ok...one down (run complete), 2 to GO!!!!!!!:carrot:
***EDIT***Jamaican food was YUM, now only 1 to GO!!!!! :carrot:

Slim CB 02-11-2011 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3706264)
Ugghhh...Cramp City today...had a little surprise this morn...1st day of TOM!:eek: Which would explain why I soooo desperately felt the need to plan my CHEAT MEAL today...yup...it's JAMAICAN and I can't wait!!!:D

I have mine today too :carrot:. I know a slice of black forest cake or cheesecake is involved!

joyfulloser 02-11-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim CB (Post 3706462)
I know a slice of black forest cake or cheesecake is involved!

Wanna here something crazy? I have not allowed myself one dessert since day 1 of my journey!:o My CHEATS so far have only been food...no dessert. Sweets are my KRYPTONITE!:^: If I had my perfect world..I'd forego all meats/veggies/fruit and simply LIVE OFF cakes, cookies and pies!:carrot:

I do, however, consider my low-fat/high fiber pumpkin raisin muffins and my atkins protein bars my DESSERT for now.

Once I reach goal, I will work on learning to have those little desserts IN MODERATION just as I have with food. Out of sight...out of mind...strangly enough:?: I haven't missed them. For now...it's been easier for me to use replacement goodies and avoid the truly GOOD STUFF til goal..haha!:D

Slim CB 02-11-2011 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3706481)
Once I reach goal, I will work on learning to have those little desserts IN MODERATION just as I have with food. Out of sight...out of mind...strangly enough:?: I haven't missed them. For now...it's been easier for me to use replacement goodies and avoid the truly GOOD STUFF til goal..haha!:D

I understand but luckily for me I don't have that problem. I can resist sweets. It's carbs that are my weakness...breads, buns, biscuits...but I have learnt to restrict my portion sizes. I really don't want to go back to being fat and heavy so this is the way I will have to live my life from now on.....in moderation.

DEDIKAYTED 02-11-2011 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3706481)
Wanna here something crazy? I have not allowed myself one dessert since day 1 of my journey!:o My CHEATS so far have only been food...no dessert. Sweets are my KRYPTONITE!:^: If I had my perfect world..I'd forego all meats/veggies/fruit and simply LIVE OFF cakes, cookies and pies!:carrot:

I do, however, consider my low-fat/high fiber pumpkin raisin muffins and my atkins protein bars my DESSERT for now.

Everytime I see those Atkins Bars on your menu it makes me want to go buy some!!! I LOVE those things! Remember, my first 30 pounds were lost from low carb. Believe me I give Atkins a LOT of credit!!!!! It got me from fat rolls to no rolls! LOL.

Uh oh! ... thinking!!!!!!! Maybe I can add that to my diet here and there! MMMMMM! That will help protein anyway. OMG! They used to have this flavor... praline crunch that was 20g protein in them.. This was before they had to change the labels.. The label used to say 4 carbs, not 20 something carbs (because of the sugar alcohols).. But anyway.. I LOVED THOSE as well as the S'mores!!!! Yummy! I'm going to get me a few today ;)

joyfulloser 02-12-2011 07:31 AM

Day 1 after CHEAT MEAL Weigh-In: 165.8

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links - 219 cals.
Lunch - Sesame Chicken over rice sticks, stir fry veggies - 400 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Dinner - Shepherd's Pie, peas & carrots - 354 cals.

Total Calories: 1,606 cals.

EXERCISE:

Took DAY OFF:)

Baked homemade carrot cake w/cream cheese frosting (also homemade) for get togther at friends house tomorrow. Looks soooo good! I may have to taste a "wee bit"..lol! Normally, I don't eat my own pastries...but this recipe I got from my Cook's Illustrated "The BEST Light Recipe" book (wonderful book with great explanations for substitutions). The orginal recipe is 500 cals/slice, the "Light" recipe is 350 cals/slice. It purports to retain all the flavor a consistency of the original version. I'll let you know tomorrow!;)

I'm really proud of myself today. I went out to another "hosted" event with friends in which there was desserts galore!!! I just baked my plain old healthy pumpkin muffins and brought a batch to the event. I didn't think they would hold up against such fine decident delights such as Krispy Kreme donuts, cakes, cookies, chips, etc. The guests LOVED my muffins and not 1 remained. That said, there was plenty leftover high sugary desserts left. I felt good about this.:) I also didn't have any of the desserts...just 1 delishous pumpkin muffin, a bottle of water and my long overdo can of diet cherry pepsi!:D Aaaahhh...good times...good times!

DEDIKAYTED 02-12-2011 08:47 AM

Gurl!!!!!!!! You know I'm excited, right?

Yea,, I "peeped" the Jamaican food last night!! Yes!!!! 162 here you come!!!

Let's get the party started!

Jen516 02-12-2011 10:46 AM

Keep it up!! I can't believe you're running twice a day! :D WTG!

joyfulloser 02-12-2011 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jen516 (Post 3708127)
Keep it up!! I can't believe you're running twice a day! :D WTG!

AND you shouldn't believe it...cuz I don't! :rofl: I'm not that crazy....yet!:crazy:

I know it's kind of confusing the way I input my day. It changes as I go through the day. I start off with an exercise goal, then by the end of the day, I input my ACTUAL exercise...which unfortunately does NOT always jive with my anticipated exercise...but it's been close.:)

I run about 19 miles per week over the course of 4 days each week. I'm in shock of this...especially from only being able to run 30 secs before early onset of cardiac arrest..LOL!

DaughteroftheKing 02-12-2011 02:46 PM

OK SO I've been stalking this thread for a while, trying to figure you out haha! But then when I saw your statement about sweets, I thought "Now THIS is my kinda girl!" haha
I have ISSUES with anything involving sugar! I think I may just have to say buh bye & stick with my "chocolate" fiber/protein bars til goal (I would never binge off of those)
I just get so disheartened that when I am "on plan" for a week & dont loose anything, then I go screw it up by eating out and eating way too much dessert... And then I think- maybe I shouldnt give up desserts, I'm going to Europe in less than 4 weeks anyways, and I'm totally eating sweets there.. AH!
So I guess the point of this is
1) youre awesome! lol
2) Any advice on how I should handle my sweets issue?
3) My daily calorie's I've found lately to manage my (random) weight loss is between 1500-1600 but I always find myself in the high 1500's- but like I said my weight loss is anywhere between 0-2lbs a week. lol, I want a more consistent loss; so I see you eat approximately the same amount of calories I do on your regular days, and then about 2000-2100 on your cheat days? Would that be correct?
& Can a cheat meal be ANYTHING?
I know this is your own thing, but it looks like its workin for sure!! Congrats!

joyfulloser 02-12-2011 03:33 PM

THANKS!!!:hug:

Quote:

Any advice on how I should handle my sweets issue?
Yes. I think it's important to be "honest" with ourselves. Sweets are my weakness...I KNOW THIS! I've tried in the past to replace the good stuff with the FAKE candies, FAKE cookies, FAKE goodies and all I ended up doing was GORGING on the REAL stuff first chance I got!:LOL:

Solution: LET EM GO! I think the chocolate you get in your protein bar should help curb that monthly urge for chocolate and it's really an "out of sight...out of mind" thing. I don't even crave it anymore. (btw, I'm making a homemade carrot cake with cream cheese frosting for a little get together at a friends house I'm going to tomorrow);) I honestly have NO URGE to eat it because I haven't ALLOWED myself sugary sweets in 5 months!:o I do love to bake though...and I enjoy watching other people enjoy my cooking. I guess having a young daughter who loves sweets and eats it around me all the time (we bake alot together), has "desensitized" me a bit...haha! Try it...you'll be surprised at how 1) your tastebuds change and 2) your urges/cravings change.

Quote:

My daily calorie's I've found lately to manage my (random) weight loss is between 1500-1600 but I always find myself in the high 1500's- but like I said my weight loss is anywhere between 0-2lbs a week. lol, I want a more consistent loss; so I see you eat approximately the same amount of calories I do on your regular days, and then about 2000-2100 on your cheat days? Would that be correct? & Can a cheat meal be ANYTHING?
One thing you haven't mentioned is exercise. Are you exercising and if so, what's your workout schedule? You will lose weight without exercise, but you will lose MORE weight and INCHES with it!;)

My regular calories are between 1500-1700 cals....on days I have a CHEAT MEAL (which is about once every two weeks), my calories average 2000-2200. A CHEAT MEAL (as I define it) can only be FOOD. Protein, Fat, Carbs. Some examples of what I have are:

- Chinese brocolli and beef over white rice
- Jamaican curry chicken, rice & peas, cabbage
- DiGornio 3 meat pizza (3 slices) - usually in addition to my low cal dinner..haha!

I DO NOT, however, have empty calories like cake, cookies, pies, alcohol, etc. for my CHEAT MEAL.

Hope this helps and thanks again!:hug:

DaughteroftheKing 02-12-2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3708538)
and it's really an "out of sight...out of mind" thing. I don't even crave it anymore.

OK I KNOW you're right, but they definitely wont be out of sight- I live with my sister & dad while I'm finishing school & the other day they came home with 3 different kinds of ice cream, baklava, eclairs, doughnuts, tons of stuff from this great bakery- and AHH its so hard to say no when its all right in front of you!! But I know I NEED to.. I really do.. right now I just cant handle it... ug, saying goodbye is so hard :( lol!

Quote:

One thing you haven't mentioned is exercise. Are you exercising and if so, what's your workout schedule? You will lose weight without exercise, but you will lose MORE weight and INCHES with it!;)

I have learned to LOVE exercise!! I'm about to go do that right now!! I do work part time, go to church 3 times a week & am in my last (hardest!) semester of a nursing program with classroom time, hospital time & lots of assignments- so HONESTLY I work out about 4 times a week- I walk/jog- working my way up to straight up jogging- I do about 15 minutes of yoga, and I'm starting to do the Chalean Extreme with weights, so I'm incorporating strength training now too- I have definitely noticed what it has done for me especially in my back- hahah I love my back!! Now if the front of me would just get with the program...

Quote:

My regular calories are between 1500-1700 cals....on days I have a CHEAT MEAL (which is about once every two weeks), my calories average 2000-2200. A CHEAT MEAL (as I define it) can only be FOOD. Protein, Fat, Carbs. Some examples of what I have are:

- Chinese brocolli and beef over white rice
- Jamaican curry chicken, rice & peas, cabbage
- DiGornio 3 meat pizza (3 slices) - usually in addition to my low cal dinner..haha!

That is one thing I noticed about how we differ- you eat very complete, large meals with smaller snacks- I tend to eat like a 2-300 cal meal but then have like 200 cal snacks- Im thinking it would really help me to have well balanced, big 400 cal meals, and 100 cal snacks, I'd probably feel fuller longer...

You're great!! Thank you for all this!! :hug: