3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Calorie Counters (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters-172/)
-   -   Joyful's Journey to Drop 26 lbs! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/calorie-counters/220403-joyfuls-journey-drop-26-lbs.html)

joyfulloser 03-01-2011 07:23 AM

Down to the Last 10 Pounds to Lose...IT'S ONNNN!!!!!

5 Attachment(s)
Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin - 139 cals.
Snack - Atkins Protein Bar - 240 cals.
Lunch - Jamaican Curry Chicken breast over Carribbean Black Eyed Peas, steamed spinach - 340 cals.
Snack - 3 Prunes, few raisins, 4 cashews - 100 cals.
Dinner - Spicy Garlic Shrimp over brown rice, green beans - 278 cals.
Snack - 15g unsalted cashews, few raisins - 100 cals.
Snack - small Navel Orange - 45 cals.

Total Calories: 1,461 Calories

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

Here are pics of the food I made below:

1. Jamaican Curry Chicken over Carribbean Black Eyed Peas & Plantains
2. Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over Spinach Quinoa
3. South African Chicken Curry over Bulgar Wheat
4. Before Pic of African Chicken
5. After Pic of African Chicken

DEDIKAYTED 03-01-2011 10:11 PM

The last 10 pounds????????? :D !!!!!!! 160?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome! Let's get these last 10 pounds off :).... Its about time for MAINTENANCE!

joyfulloser 03-02-2011 06:29 AM

Finally...the 150's!!!

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage Links - 219 cals.
Snack - Activia Light Yogart - 70 cals.
Lunch - South African Chicken curry over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 330 cals.
Snack - 3 prunes, tbsp pumpkin seeds - 80 cals.
Snack - 94% FF Popcorn - 100 cals.
Dinner - Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 375 cals.

Total Calories: 1,737 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!! It was hard...but I MADE IT!!!! Woo hoo...back to my "regularly scheduled programming"..WooT!:D

Would like to get back on running schedule...so, if I can manage up the energy for another 5 miler by 2pm today...I will run, otherwise, this is be my day off.:cool:

Also...really excited about some running sneakers I bought yesterday. Marshall's had the sale of all sales on Saucony (I paid $100 for the pair I already had bought from a running store 5 months ago). They were on sale for $29.99!!! I bought 2 pair...one for me and one for my daughter!:D Gosh...I love a sale!;)

Slim CB 03-02-2011 09:45 AM

Congrats joyfulloser! WTG!!!!

Emme 03-02-2011 11:28 AM

You are in the 150s now?!?! You are KILLING it, girl! Good for you. I am so happy for you and I enjoy catching up on your posts because you are such an inspiration. :)

fillupthesky 03-02-2011 01:03 PM

hey joyfulloser,

just want to say CONGRATS on the great progress!!! love how you've been planning your meals, the great pics, the honesty you share with all of us about your journey, and your positive attitude :)
this whole thread has been so inspiring for me to read, as well as to others, i'm sure.
rooting for you these next few pounds you have to lose!!!:carrot:

joyfulloser 03-03-2011 06:48 AM

Thank you DediKayted, SlimCB, Emme & Fillupthesky!!!:hug: I'm beyond estatic about finally getting into the 150's. I checked my weekly weigh-in calendar that I keep at home and I've stayed in the 160's for 7 WEEKS!:eek: I'm hoping the last 9 lbs will just melt off this month and I can meet my goal of 150 by April 1st! That would be awesome, especially since I will be 44 yrs old in April and well...it's just an ego boost! :lol:

Glad to see you ladies still "truckin" along, eating well, and losing the fat...I'd love it if more woman knew that they could eat good foods all day long and lose weight. That this process really doesn't have to be painful. Perhaps more of us would find it easier to keep it off. I know I will...this time.:)

joyfulloser 03-03-2011 06:51 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage link - 219 cals.
Snack - Spinach Salad w/4oz grilled chicken, walnut, cranberry, feta - 300 cals.
Snack - 94% Fat Free Popcorn - 100 cals.
Lunch - Jamaican Curry Chicken breast over Carribbean Black Eyed Peas, steamed spinach - 340 cals.
Dinner - South African Chicken curry over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 330 cals.
Snack - few raisins, 2 prunes - 50 cals.

Total Calories: 1,763 cals.

EXERCISE:

DAY OFF!!!

**EDIT** Donno what's going on again today...I'm soooooooooooo HUNGRY!!!:eek: I'm snacking my actual butt off (well..not actually:lol:);) I think it's time for a CHEAT MEAL tomorrow. Yup...you've all heard of HAMMERTIME...well I'm afraid it's PIZZATIME!!! (ut oh..ut oh..ut oh...haha!:D)

***EDIT***HELPPPPPPPPPPP!!! My stomach is a "BOTTOMLESS PIT" today...I HATE when this happens...I seriously feel like I can eat endless amounts of chocolate protein bars, muffins, and entries!:eek: I haven't felt "satisfied" all day. I just keep snacking, snacking and I don't get full!:(

joyfulloser 03-04-2011 06:37 AM

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey sausage - 219 cals.
Lunch - South African Chicken curry over spinach quinoa, steamed spinach - 330 cals.
Snack - 3 prunes (what's this with the prunes???:p) - 27 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple - 80 cals.
Dinner - Salmon w/Red Pepper Coulis over brown rice, steamed spinach - 375 cals.
Snack - 3 slices DiGiorno 3 Meat Pizza - 525 cals.
Snack - 2 Pumpkin Raisin Muffins - 278 cals.

Total Calories: 2,383 calories

EXERCISE:

NO EXERCISE TODAY

Hopefully I won' eat the "kitchen sink" today!:p Been really HUNGRY this week. Woke up famished and basically "inhaled" my morning muffin!;)

Jen516 03-04-2011 08:24 AM

I've been feeling ravenous this week too... maybe it's the weather! ;) No matter, you're still kicking a$$ and doing fantastic -- keep it up!

Emme 03-04-2011 10:21 AM

You are doing great! Sometimes I have ravenous days as well...but I listen to my body because it is saying FEED ME!!! :rofl: You are so close to your goal, and you run a lot, so maybe your body just needed a little extra fuel for the fire!

joyfulloser 03-04-2011 06:56 PM

Thanks Jen!:hug:

I'm sure hoping so Emme!:p In any event I started feeling like I should move into a cave and eat off the ground...ungah bungah!! I serously felt SAVAGE (all week actually, but especially today)!

I finally indulged and had some delishous DiGiorno pizza tonight. It was like how beauty calmed the savage beast...like insulin to a diabetic...like crack to a crackhead!:lol: Crazy...but after the 3rd slice...I felt soooooooooooooo much better like..."aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh"!:D

Not sure if I'll workout this evening...I'll see how I feel. If I don't get in my 5 mile run tonight, I'll just run 5 both Sat & Sunday. Well..have a great weekend all!:hug:

DEDIKAYTED 03-04-2011 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joyfulloser (Post 3742833)
I finally indulged and had some delishous DiGiorno pizza tonight. It was like how beauty calmed the savage beast...like insulin to a diabetic...like crack to a crackhead!:lol: Crazy...but after the 3rd slice...I felt soooooooooooooo much better like..."aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh"!:D

So glad you fed the beast :) !!!!!!!!! We both know, it will still pay off in the next couple of days! Better to feed the beast, then spin your wheels everyday, feeling like a bottomless pitt!!!

Isnt that the weirdest feeling? Its the craziest thing! Its like your body already knows what it wants, and until you give it what it needs to replenish... you just KEEP THE HUNGER PANGS.. I swear, it feels like as soon as you swallow your meal/snack, your body checks its out..and the moment it finds out its not what it wants.. it burns it up/tosses it aside and says - TRY AGAIN!

LOL!

Have a great weekend! :D

joyfulloser 03-05-2011 06:55 AM

Weight Day 1 after CHEAT meal: 162.4

Breakfast - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin, 2 Jimmy Dean Turkey Sausage - 219 cals.
Snack - Pumpkin Raisin Muffin -139 cals.
Dinner - South African Chicken curry over brown rice, brocolli - 330 cals.
Snack - 1/2 cup fresh pineapple - 80 cals.

Total Calories: 1,702 cals.

EXERCISE:

Running - 5.4 Miles!!!

Will run 5+ miles today by hook/crook!:mad:

You NAILED IT Dedikayted!;) My body just said..."oh yeah...you'd better feed me lots and lots of salty carbs...OR ELSE!!!":eek: :lol:

Seriously...last night was the HUNGRIEST I've been since the beginning of my weight loss journey...it was really CRAZY! Even though I came close to eating 2500 cals., I still know it's a victory for me...because had this been back in the days of my old ways of eating, I would have probably consumed no less than 6,000 cals...at least.;)

**EDIT**My hunger has FINALLY subsided...no more cravings...lots and lots of energy during my run today!:D Gonna do yard work today...so glad those crazy cravings are gone...I felt like I could eat the dog!:crazy:

DEDIKAYTED 03-05-2011 07:00 AM

No worries! Your wkout will be amazing today :carrot: