Old 02-18-2009, 08:45 AM   #61  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Height: 5'4"

Hi Everyone, I haven't posted for a while, I have been extremely busy with my job, and family life. It looks like everyone is doing great, actually way better thn me.

Well since I totally blew the Valentine's Day Challenge, I didn't gain any weight, but I didn't lose any either, I thought I would jump in on the Easter Challenge.

#1 I am going to challenge myself to get down to 172#.

#2 I am going to challenge myself to doing 2 miles every other day, of the Walk Away the pounds DVD, or equal the amount of outside walking as weather permits.

This may not sound like alot, but with my heart condition it is a good amount of exercise / weight loss for me, and if I am able to work up to even more, or add a day here or there someplace, that would be even better.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:47 AM   #62  
Meow

woo went to the gym this morning, burned roughly 650 cals. I made some lentil stew last night, so I am looking forward to that for lunch today!!

I weighed myself this morning and I am done to 171.6!!! 5 lbs since 2 Wednesdays ago!!! woohoo! Hopefully I can keep up the momentum!
kalikat003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 08:54 AM   #63  

S/C/G: 210/210/174

Way to go Kali, Keep up the great work.

Wilma
slim n up is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 09:56 AM   #64  

S/C/G: 157/140/135

Default Size 8 Pencil Skirt Today, WooHoo!

I work in a law office and have to dress up for work. I pulled out an outfit I haven't been able to wear in a couple of years and it fits great, so I am psyched!

I am not all that overweight but apparently have a very weak cardiovascular system, because I see other people at the gym who are way larger than I am going to town on the elliptical trainer, but when I first started I could barely last a minute on the thing. I have been trying to build myself up a bit at a time and last night for the very first time, I was able to last eight minutes at level one -- a big accomplishment for me! Then I got on the treadmill and upped my incline as well as my speed and kept that up too, so a huge improvement there for me as well. Easter, here I come!
Thinfor5Minutes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #65  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

Height: 5'7"

Well I got back on track yesterday...minus the piece of birthday cake I had. And I did my cardio. So that's a small goal for me in and of itself. I'm down from yesterday so I'm happy!
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:45 AM   #66  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

Thin, I hope you reach your goal this challenge!

Lori, 45 mins twice a day? I tried working out twice a day but couldn't hack it. Maybe later. For now, I just do one killer workout, then pass out on the floor.

Kalikat, good for you, getting to the gym! I'm still a little leary of the new year's rez crowd, and have been avoiding the gym. I may give my fave 6:30 am another shot, and see if it's back to normal yet.

Munchie, glad you are sticking to the healthy snacks. Congrats on your OP eating day! Hope the scale was kind this morning!

Amy, welcome to the challenge, and good luck with your goals! I like that you set fitness goals as well.

FB, thanks for reporting in. You know I've got to have my FB workout reports! LOL about the mouthful of chocolate!

Jen, and welcome to the challenge!

Chinagirl, just keep it OP and you'll get past it. I was stuck forEVER in the 180s, but finally, finally, I have been in the 179s for 4 days...don't give up!

Anita, I like the way you're keeping track of your goal progress! I might have to steal that idea, once I actually have a new goal or goals to shoot for.

Chubs, I like your new goal! Let us know how the hunt for a pedo watch/hrm goes, and how it works. I had one of the cheapy pedometers, but couldn't seem to get it to work right. It was probably just me! I like your ticker, by the way...the purple bar and red hearts look cool together!

ETA: dang! there were like 5 new posts while I was writing this novel! You all are doing great! I'll catch up later, cuz I've got to get off the 'puter and do something useful!

Last edited by jamsk8r; 02-18-2009 at 11:51 AM.
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:59 AM   #67  
Sippin' the Kool-Aid

S/C/G: 235/201/175

FB, my friend sent me this pic from the scooter run the other day. Not ON the scooter, but this is Grace and me at the rest stop. Hopefully it's not too tiny to see. Yeah, you're jealous of my orange scooter coat!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grace Val Day SCTR run Feb 2009 REI rest stop2.jpg (35.0 KB, 21 views)
jamsk8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:23 PM   #68  
BELIEVE!

Wow! This is a busy place. Just popping in for a fairly quick hello!

It's been a week...my company laid of 200 people yesterday. Thankfully I still have a job, but a lot of my friends were affected. The scale was not friendly this week, but this morning finally decided to be nice...246.8. TOM bloat is gone. Shoulder is doing great...I worked it out full force on Mon with no problem. I have a session today with my trainer.

Today I went to my endocrinologist for my 6 mo checkup. He was absolutely thrilled with the progress I've made since he last saw me in August. My bloodwork looked great. My cholesterol dropped from 206 to 166! It was cool to see the results.

Jam - Grats on the new low!!! The orange jacket suits you well. Wow...you have long hair.

Gotta run...more later when I have a few minutes. Tonight is going to be hectic...my "baby" turns TWO tomorrow. I can't believe it. Must wrap gifts.

Bye.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:51 PM   #69  
Love Thyself

S/C/G: 231/199/165

woot I feel great I am staying on plan even over my husbands days off which is usually tougher for me lol. But I did great. I am tracking everyday still and the scale showed me down some even though I won't offically weigh in until friday. So Hopefully it is still low then lol!
moonkissed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 02:22 PM   #70  
Meow

Just a question. Since this is 8 weeks. What day is the final weigh-in? I don't remember reading it anywhere and I would love to put it in my fitness journal!

Thanks!! =]
Old 02-18-2009, 02:55 PM   #71  
BELIEVE!

Easter is the end of the challenge. Then we'll move onto the next holiday of our choosing.
BarbPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 138/135.6/128

Height: 5'8 1/2

I have been on plan for four days average about 1300 calories a day. However, I have been quite busy and have only exercised once! I get in about 45 min. of daily walking (I walk to work), but I don't count that as exercise.

I will have my official first weight on Sunday morning!

CC Easter Challenge 0/10
madridguiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 06:06 PM   #73  
Meow

omg EASTER hahha.. long day at work, I swear! For some reason I was thinking spring!! omg
Old 02-18-2009, 07:46 PM   #74  
Busy Mommy

S/C/G: 218/181.5/130

I'm SUPER proud of myself I stayed on track ALL day today and I did my weights. But instead of my usual weights I signed up for Body Motion which is a program my gym offers but it costs money. It is a special section of weights with a fitness coach who teaches you how to probably use the equipment and decides how much you should lift. And BONUS I find out today that I get it for F-R-E-E because I work there Woo Hoo!!!

So I stayed on track ALL day and did my weights....tomorrow BRING ON THE CARDIO BABY

Now all I have to do is try to stay on track the night of Selene - Friday night. I know I'm gonna be drinking but I don't know what to do about eating
nicki rose98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 07:49 PM   #75  
I am the lorax.

S/C/G: 215/193/160

Height: 5'8"

Default Cc Easter Goal!

I want to be down at lest 12 pounds, ideally 15.
to be going to the gym 4-5 times a week

I feel like I can definitely do it!
moralitylikeart is offline   Reply With Quote