Old 09-14-2008, 01:34 PM   #91  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

retire
lol I knew if we looked hard enough we would find we have a syndrome lol. These days everything is a syndrome. Heck I thought I had seefooddiet syndrome. I see it I eat it lol. I like your explanation way better lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 02:11 PM   #92  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

***snort*** Retiredone, you are so funny. Shark Syndrome. I like it. Explains a lot...

I had a good, on track day, yesterday. Got enough calories and plenty of good food. In fact, I had me some steak and potato for dinner. Yum!

I hope that you are all having a terrific weekend.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 185.0/185/140lbs

Height: 5;4

Hi everyone. Since starting last Tuesday I've lost 5lbs. Yay. I know most is water, but still. Looks better on the scale.
Kelly46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 06:39 PM   #94  

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post

Last night DH was watching a documentary on sharks when I happened to see the sharks jumping out of the water for the bait that was held above the water. They would jump right out and latch onto the fish and wouldn't let go until they had bitten through and taken the bait under water. I looked at my husband and told him I was like that with potato chips. Once I latch on to a bag I don't let go until I have the whole bag devoured. I never imagined I'd come down with "shark syndrome."

I always thought of it as 'Shopvac Syndrome' because I inhaled them.
canadianwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:02 PM   #95  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Default Losing 5 pounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly46 View Post
Hi everyone. Since starting last Tuesday I've lost 5lbs. Yay. I know most is water, but still. Looks better on the scale.
Nothing makes me feel better than seeing the scale go down.

Last edited by bargoo; 09-14-2008 at 07:51 PM.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:19 PM   #96  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

bargoo
WAY TO GO I haven't changed even a pound lol. I really have no idea how long before the meads are out of my system again and I will start to lose again
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:28 AM   #97  
Cynicism and Smilies

S/C/G: 245/237/145

So...weird.

I was a Fat Smasher, but three weeks in, changed to calorie counting, because I couldn't face a bowl of brown rice again.

For the past three weeks, I've held steady at 239, counting calories between 1300 and 1600.

This weekend, I really sucked. My pops is in the hospital, so I've been eating fast food. I tried to keep it as healthy as possible, but according to my counting, I've eaten around 1800 to 2100 calories Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

And I dropped two pounds. I didn't really believe it Sunday morning, figured it was one of those flukes. But there again this morning, I was actual 236.5

I've heard, of course, about calorie cycling...but damn. Now Im excited for a more productive week.
flabbyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 08:30 AM   #98  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Canadianwoman, "Shopvac Syndrome" is a good descriptive term as well, hahaha.

Kelly46, 5 pounds is a great start and a great motivation to keep at it.

The weekend is over and a new week of determination for me. I'm on some sort of mini plateau. It's been less than 3 weeks so I'm calling it a mini plateau for now. But I know if I continue staying on plan and exercising something will give way eventually. It's just so frustrating. I'm glad I don't weigh everyday because I'd be worked into a tizzy by now. The last time I stopped losing was in March when I didn't lose an ounce all month but I've lost 30 pounds since then so I know this won't last forever. I must continue eating well and exercising. (Repeat this 100 times.)
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:27 AM   #99  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Good morning, counters. I hope that everyone had a good weekend. To those of you in Texas, I hope that you weathered Ike well and that your lives are returning to normal.

I had a good, on track day, yesterday. Spent a lot of time on better things than thinking about eating... Helped a lot. Blech. Early morning brain fog...
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:37 AM   #100  

Height: 5'7"

Im all the way up here in KY and live is far from normal here.. We had 70+ mile per hour winds yesterday that lasted about 4 hours as what was left of IKE passed over. It was awful!! We are lucky our power is back on and only lost a few shingles on our roof. Both of my older kids have no power where they live..and mom doesnt and neither does any other family members. I spent the afternoon yesterday helping clean up trees from our church property. Most counties around us are in state of emergency.
I am really sore today from all the heavy lifting and pulling yesterday but figured it was great exercise!!
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:57 AM   #101  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredone View Post
Hey, Tinky have a great vacation.

I looked at my husband and told him I was like that with potato chips. Once I latch on to a bag I don't let go until I have the whole bag devoured. I never imagined I'd come down with "shark syndrome."
But doesn't it feel good to say "was like that"????
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #102  
Intuitive Eater

Hey flabbyblue! That's awesome! What a sweet surprise!
Blue Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #103  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Quote:
Originally Posted by didjaever View Post
But doesn't it feel good to say "was like that"????
Yes, it does, come to think of it. That was a past tense verb wasn't it? I still have deep love cravings for chips but I haven't pigged out in a binge like manner in a long while. Now what I call a pig-out is well within the normal range of eating. I'm just more aware of what I'm doing. Thanks for pointing that out.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:59 PM   #104  
Workin' It

Hi everybody. I had an on plan weekend, I guess. I've been targeting 1450-1500 calories for maintenance. After my first week of that 'maintenance' level I weighed in last Friday at 126.1, which was actually 1.3 pounds up from the Friday before. I'm sticking with the 1500 the rest of this week to see what happens, but am dangerously close to freaking out and going back to 1200+/- calories... Today I weighed 127.3... hoping it is water retention from ramped up exercise....

I've exercised an average of 66 minutes per day every day this month, I've only taken two days completely off from exercise. I have this fear that I cut my calories too much to lose the weight in the first place and now I'm going to be that person that gains all the weight back as soon as they start eating again... Rationally, I still know that I haven't eaten enough extra calories to gain 2.5 pounds - I would need to have consumed 8750 over what I was burning for that kind of gain, and I have only increased a total of 2500 over what I was eating before over the ten days. The math isn't right for the weight gain, but the math doesn't always work the way you expect with the dieting thing...

Have a good day everyone!
Shannon in ATL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:40 PM   #105  
A New me! Right Now!

S/C/G: 218/198/145

Height: 5'1"

Shark syndrome..... i like that. when i was reading your post i was like that is how it feels with food. I am not letting go until i have devoured it lol.

Hi to every1......

I had an ok weekend. saturday during the day was great but then i went to my parents house for my mothers birthday. Not so great there. But sunday i did very well. I haven't excersised in 4 days. But i am done with being lazy about because all it is doing os making me feel guilty so better to do it and not beat myself up about it. Right???? Right!!!!!!!!

hope all is well with every1.
dlphnmomva is offline   Reply With Quote