Old 09-25-2008, 06:03 PM   #166  
If I can do it...

S/C/G: 243/243/180

Height: 5'5

thanks for the tip.. i'll get some tomorrow morning!!
belinda245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:19 AM   #167  

Height: 5'7"

BAD last few days!! To much food...and NO exercise!! I think with all the running around I am not taking care of myself. Seems like i have met myself coming and going this week.
Tommorow we are going shopping again..if we cant match the pool blue dresses with ribbon and such then she is going to change colors. wish us luck!! We also cant decide on flowers until we know what color the dresses are going to be. fun fun stress stress
I ate ribs yesterday and today im up 4lbs,,,so i have to be sure and increase my water intake today.
hugs
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:37 AM   #168  

S/C/G: 225/?/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
I ate ribs yesterday and today im up 4lbs,,,so i have to be sure and increase my water intake today.
hugs
Can you carry snacks with you??
didjaever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:44 AM   #169  

Well, the scale is down one more pound this morning. I am 163 but I am waiting to change my ticker... I have to stay there through the weekend!!

Have you ever felt the exact moment the fat was melting off?? The past couple of nights I have been waking up and feeling these sensations in my stomach... Both mornings I woke up to a one pound loss... AM I CRAZY??

Last edited by didjaever; 09-26-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 09-26-2008, 09:08 AM   #170  
If I can do it...

I thought I was the only crazy person that thought I could feel the fat melting off!! Its funny how things like that happen!!

Congrats on the 2 pounds!
Old 09-26-2008, 09:52 PM   #171  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I weigh in tomorrow. Now I'm a bit nervous because I was snacking on something called Krinkle Sticks. They are Lesser Evil brand and are 75% lower in fat than regular potato chips and not bad with the salt but I was eating away and not really watching it. They are 160 calories per 1.5 cups or 40 grams. They weren't the tastiest things I've eaten but they were crunchy and a bit salty. I don't think I went over my calories but..... I guess I'll pay the piper tomorrow if I over did it today.
retiredone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 07:59 AM   #172  
If I can do it...

dlphnmomva --I bought the south beach diet .. strawberry banana ones and you were so right. They are delicious.. and helped a little with the hunger. Made me feel more full!

Thanks a bunch!
Old 09-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #173  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Hey, everyone. I hope you are all having a great weekend.

Dgramie, stress and being busy-busy can really wreak havoc on your diet, can't it? Just drink lots of water and try to get some exercise. That will probably help flush out water weight and extra salt and so forth. I hope that you have success in your shopping and colour matching. If you can't get exact colour matches, using coordinating and complementary colours will give a beautiful effect and be easier than trying to find exact matches.

Things are going well for me as far as eating and exercising is concerned. Staying on track and getting some exercise, every day. I am getting my appetite back and my calories are going back up to a better level, too.

Busy day ahead. I hope I can carve out some time for exercise of some kind. I need it.

Have a great day, you losers.

Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 12:35 PM   #174  

S/C/G: 290/ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Hey everyone, I've been counting for 47 days now, and I've lost over 20 pounds. The thing that has made it possible for me to stick to a 1300-1550 daily intake is just the act of looking up the calories...I've learned of so many foods I can eat whereever I go (I eat at restaurants a lot!) that will fill me up for fewer calories.

But be careful ladies and gents who are aiming for the 1300-1200 limit per day! Depending on who you are, most dieters tend to round up (to prevent over eating) when counting, and you could put yourself in starvation calories if you're even getting 100 too few~!

Funny enough, for me, I lose the most weight on when I go from a 1300 calorie day to a 1500 calorie day, I always lose more on the day I eat more, rather than the day I eat less!
kelly315 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:56 AM   #175  

update...I drank lots of water on friday and scales were actually down -1.8 lbs yesterday morning. I have had a really good month weight loss wise -8.6 lbs so far. I know the exercise is a big part of it!!
We had a great day yesterday ..hit 4 craft stores and found all the stuff we need. We bought all the fabric joanns had her color. ITs going to be beautiful!!!
I shopped all night in my sleep ...lol
I also bought myself a new pair of jeans...size 18s...last time i bought jeans last fall were a size 28.No more elastic waist jeans for me!!!
well i am behind on my housework and laundry..got church then clean this house back up!! I work this week then i get the whole following week off!! I plan to clean carpets and stuff that week. Fall cleaning and getting ready to for the holidays that are coming way to fast for me!!!!!
hugs to all
dgramie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:32 PM   #176  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

For those of you who have wondered where I have been, I DO NOT want to hear you all needed the break . We had a death in the family and of course I was elected to get everyone into town from out of state and get the hotel reservations and so forth for 50 people. I wasn't even asked lol his mother just said, " Ask Rennie what needs to be done, lol "Then of course was the coordination of getting people from airports to hotels and to the banquet hall and so forth and so on. Three days of talking with everyone all over the country ( very hard since I am painfully shy off the net ) that I don't even know ( his family ) and then trying to get people who live in the state to pitch in and help get people where they needed to be has really taken its tole on me. Everything came off very well and we had over 100 people there. I was really grateful that people really pitched in when they saw I wasn't feeling well so I wasn't stuck doing everything for the three days when it came to keeping the food dishes full and everyone where they needed to be when they needed to be there. Really have no idea why everyone asks me everything lol. This family has big doos about everything that happens in the family one would think they could do all this without much thought lol. I of course did not eat on plan but am happy that when I weighted myself this morning I didn't gain any weight. No gain is a loss right lol. I have been very sick again. This bronchitis is really getting me down. I go back to the doc tomorrow. No exercise of course, just walking up or down a flight of stairs makes me have to sit for 20 min to catch my breath. This of course will pass and I will be right as rain. I just with the sun would hurry and come out and it would stop being partly cloudy lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 01:43 PM   #177  
Go Cubs Go!

S/C/G: Too/Effing/Much!

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly315 View Post
Hey everyone, I've been counting for 47 days now, and I've lost over 20 pounds. The thing that has made it possible for me to stick to a 1300-1550 daily intake is just the act of looking up the calories...I've learned of so many foods I can eat whereever I go (I eat at restaurants a lot!) that will fill me up for fewer calories.

But be careful ladies and gents who are aiming for the 1300-1200 limit per day! Depending on who you are, most dieters tend to round up (to prevent over eating) when counting, and you could put yourself in starvation calories if you're even getting 100 too few~!

Funny enough, for me, I lose the most weight on when I go from a 1300 calorie day to a 1500 calorie day, I always lose more on the day I eat more, rather than the day I eat less!
I was actually using the rounding trick for a while. But I have stopped that... For the most part. The biggie for me has been getting regular exercise. My bod just drops weight better when I am moving it more than from the couch to the fridge and back again. Since I tend to cycle a little, a little low, then a little high, then back again, I seem to be staying within a good range for my needs, at this time. I'm sure the time will come when I will need to reassess and change my range. But I am happy with it, for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
update...I drank lots of water on friday and scales were actually down -1.8 lbs yesterday morning. I have had a really good month weight loss wise -8.6 lbs so far. I know the exercise is a big part of it!!
We had a great day yesterday ..hit 4 craft stores and found all the stuff we need. We bought all the fabric joanns had her color. ITs going to be beautiful!!!
I shopped all night in my sleep ...lol
I also bought myself a new pair of jeans...size 18s...last time i bought jeans last fall were a size 28.No more elastic waist jeans for me!!!
well i am behind on my housework and laundry..got church then clean this house back up!! I work this week then i get the whole following week off!! I plan to clean carpets and stuff that week. Fall cleaning and getting ready to for the holidays that are coming way to fast for me!!!!!
hugs to all
Yay! I'm glad the water helped. And that your number is falling, once again. Good to know that you got everything you needed in the colours your daughter wanted. Please promise you will post pics, when this is all done. I am dying to see. Congrats on the size 18!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shy Moment View Post
For those of you who have wondered where I have been, I DO NOT want to hear you all needed the break . We had a death in the family and of course I was elected to get everyone into town from out of state and get the hotel reservations and so forth for 50 people. I wasn't even asked lol his mother just said, " Ask Rennie what needs to be done, lol "Then of course was the coordination of getting people from airports to hotels and to the banquet hall and so forth and so on. Three days of talking with everyone all over the country ( very hard since I am painfully shy off the net ) that I don't even know ( his family ) and then trying to get people who live in the state to pitch in and help get people where they needed to be has really taken its tole on me. Everything came off very well and we had over 100 people there. I was really grateful that people really pitched in when they saw I wasn't feeling well so I wasn't stuck doing everything for the three days when it came to keeping the food dishes full and everyone where they needed to be when they needed to be there. Really have no idea why everyone asks me everything lol. This family has big doos about everything that happens in the family one would think they could do all this without much thought lol. I of course did not eat on plan but am happy that when I weighted myself this morning I didn't gain any weight. No gain is a loss right lol. I have been very sick again. This bronchitis is really getting me down. I go back to the doc tomorrow. No exercise of course, just walking up or down a flight of stairs makes me have to sit for 20 min to catch my breath. This of course will pass and I will be right as rain. I just with the sun would hurry and come out and it would stop being partly cloudy lol.
Poor you. I am so sorry for your loss. And that you haven't been well. Try to get some rest and get better. Don't worry too much about how you are eating, right now. You need to feed your body properly so that it can heal itself and you can recover.
Rain Dancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 12:32 AM   #178  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Rain
Oh I am watching what I eat lol, watching it go right into my mouth. My problem isn't eating to much. My problem is not eating enough. Don't even want to say what all the coughing does to my stomach and I just don't want food in it lol.
Shy Moment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:30 AM   #179  

S/C/G: 200/187/145

Hello Ladies
My first time posting under this thread. Well I had my first today and I am down 4 lbs, 193 now

I am soooooo glad this first week is over. The first 3 days I wanted to eat my furniture....lol but by the 4th day I kind of got the hang of it and I acutally had trouble getting all my calories in. I guess it doesn't take long for your stomach to shrink when you are eating healthy.

So on to week 2

Looking forward to be able to call everyone a "loser" at the end of the week
ready2lose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #180  

Quote:
Originally Posted by ready2lose View Post
Hello Ladies
My first time posting under this thread. Well I had my first today and I am down 4 lbs, 193 now

I am soooooo glad this first week is over. The first 3 days I wanted to eat my furniture....lol but by the 4th day I kind of got the hang of it and I acutally had trouble getting all my calories in. I guess it doesn't take long for your stomach to shrink when you are eating healthy.

So on to week 2

Looking forward to be able to call everyone a "loser" at the end of the week
Congrats on your 4 lb loss and finishing week one... this should give you the motivation to keep going... it gets easier as your body gets use to not having those junky foods.