Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 03-04-2012, 10:34 PM   #91  

S/C/G: 285/211/165

Height: 5'6"

I measure a 32F now according to the "new method" - same problem as you guac, not in stores. The best fit I found of the available sizes was 34DD which should be similar to 32F - but the band is SO SNUG that by midday I am ready to take it off. Loose skin bulging out everywhere. Soo... I am back to wearing my 36D's which are comfy but too big in the cups (I'm on the tightest hook, and 36C is too small in the cups). Can't wait till I'm at goal so I can go to the real bra store! In the meantime the 34DD should fit better in a few weeks.
juliana77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #92  
Leveling Up

S/C/G: 200+/115/115

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana77 View Post
I measure a 32F now according to the "new method" - same problem as you guac, not in stores. The best fit I found of the available sizes was 34DD which should be similar to 32F - but the band is SO SNUG that by midday I am ready to take it off. Loose skin bulging out everywhere. Soo... I am back to wearing my 36D's which are comfy but too big in the cups (I'm on the tightest hook, and 36C is too small in the cups). Can't wait till I'm at goal so I can go to the real bra store! In the meantime the 34DD should fit better in a few weeks.
You can find 32F online, but it is a pain. I'm a 30F or 30FF and yeah that's not really in most stores. I've had luck online though

If your 34DD is too tight, you can use an extender for the time being.

Also, if you want to get some more life out of your 36D you might consider trying to take in the band. When I was losing I did that to a number of my bras (a few 36Ds, actually) to extend their life since I knew I wouldn't be in a new size for much longer anyway.
sontaikle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 12:41 AM   #93  
I can do anything!

S/C/G: 267/Ticker/150 & BAMF

Height: 5'9.5"

40DD to 30G, mostly due to wearing the wrong size bra all along . They're alive and well.
ValRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 01:43 AM   #94  

I am just starting out, and personally, I wouldn't even mind if I went down to an A cup as long as I lost all this weight. I don't understand the whole big boobs thing, I think there are plenty of beautiful women with small boobs. If it means that my boobs sag less, even better lol - wouldn't that be something lol. Tho my bf wouldn't be happy if they got that small... that's one thing that worries me tho my bf says it won't matter - I know he is attracted to "bigger women" and he likes big boobs too - I hope he will still be attracted to me if I lose a bunch of weight and my boobs are smaller...
VaporChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 04:02 AM   #95  
Sarah

S/C/G: 172/ticker/125

Height: 54.5

I have lost 20lbs so far and I am the same. The gals have not gone anywhere. I am a 36DDD. I would be SUPER happy being a 34C in the end!!
lovemydoggiesx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:24 AM   #96  

Height: 5'6

I went from a size 34C to a 34B. They were pretty deflated-looking, almost like after you give birth. They perked back up again and got more 'full-looking' once I started some serious weight training.
fitmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 03:47 PM   #97  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

I got my new bra in the mail today, 34F (but the label says 34DDD), and actually, I think I need a 34G! The band feels right, but there is "spillage" out of the sides of the cups. I am wearing it right now, and my back looks so much smoother than it does when I am wearing a 38 or a 40 band! However, I still need to get the cup size figured out.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:54 AM   #98  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Quote:
Originally Posted by guacamole View Post
running - I used your measurement techniques and ordered a new bra on ebay (a wacoal soft cup). I hope it fits...but there is no way I am going to find this size in a standard store. At my high weight I wore a 42DD and now 51lbs later, I measured myself at a 34F! Yikes! It's just a letter of the alphabet, right? We shall see if my measurements are correct.
Good luck with the new bra, I really hope it fits you well!
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:56 AM   #99  
June

Quote:
I got my new bra in the mail today, 34F (but the label says 34DDD), and actually, I think I need a 34G! The band feels right, but there is "spillage" out of the sides of the cups. I am wearing it right now, and my back looks so much smoother than it does when I am wearing a 38 or a 40 band! However, I still need to get the cup size figured out.
I just saw your update, Yep, it definitely sounds like you need to go up a couple of sizes!!! I'm glad that it sounds like you got the back size figured out at least.

Check out brastop too because they have a lot of very reasonably priced bras in your size range.
Old 03-06-2012, 01:24 PM   #100  

Quote:
Originally Posted by runningfromfat View Post
Check out brastop too because they have a lot of very reasonably priced bras in your size range.
Thanks for the tip! I ordered a 34G Wacoal Allure bra off of ebay. I'll wait till it arrives to see if the size is right, and if it is, perhaps I will order more. It seems a waste to spend too much money on bras right now, as I really want to get to my goal weight to see where I ultimately end up before buying all new ones - bras are so expensive!

I told my husband my new bra size and he chuckled! He did tell me that I don't look that big. He offered to get me a breast lift when I reach my goal weight - he doesn't want me to get a reduction! I don't know if even surgery could lift these puppies at their current size!
Old 03-06-2012, 07:39 PM   #101  
June

Quote:
Thanks for the tip! I ordered a 34G Wacoal Allure bra off of ebay. I'll wait till it arrives to see if the size is right, and if it is, perhaps I will order more. It seems a waste to spend too much money on bras right now, as I really want to get to my goal weight to see where I ultimately end up before buying all new ones - bras are so expensive!

I told my husband my new bra size and he chuckled! He did tell me that I don't look that big. He offered to get me a breast lift when I reach my goal weight - he doesn't want me to get a reduction! I don't know if even surgery could lift these puppies at their current size!
Good luck, and I hope it fits well!

I understand about being hesitant on spending too much. I'm the same. I have a huge list of bras that I WANT but can't buy at the moment.

You might enjoy this post, there's a picture of women who have G cups that you could see for comparison. I think most people don't have any clue what a certain cup size looks like unless they're professional bra fitters. Besides, it depends on the band size so a 34G is going to look very different from a 40G. I know some people are shocked that I need a 28HH/J because I don't look "that big" either but it's what's supportive for me regardless of the size on the tag.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:38 AM   #102  

Well, the bra came in and it fits! I just ordered another Wacoal Awareness bra in my new 34G size. Wacoal doesn't make the most attractive bras, but they are comfortable, secure, and give a smooth look. So, right now I will have two bras that really fit, and about 8 "meh" bras that will work in a pinch. Once I hit my goal weight, I will remeasure and reorder more.
Old 03-12-2012, 11:12 AM   #103  
June

Quote:
Well, the bra came in and it fits! I just ordered another Wacoal Awareness bra in my new 34G size. Wacoal doesn't make the most attractive bras, but they are comfortable, secure, and give a smooth look. So, right now I will have two bras that really fit, and about 8 "meh" bras that will work in a pinch. Once I hit my goal weight, I will remeasure and reorder more.

I'm so glad to hear you found something that works for you!!!!
Old 03-17-2012, 09:04 PM   #104  

S/C/G: 175/169/145

I feel like I have gone up a cup size since losing 25 lbs. It could be the dumbbell exercises that I do with my arms.
lyv33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 11:15 AM   #105  
June

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyv33 View Post
I feel like I have gone up a cup size since losing 25 lbs. It could be the dumbbell exercises that I do with my arms.
It depends. You might have gone down a back size (or two) while your breasts remained the same, which would've changed your cup size.

Also, if you bought tighter bands and were wearing ones that were too loose before then you it might be that you used to have breast tissue migration (that's when breast tissue moves to your underarms/back because you are wearing cup sizes that are too small) so if you moved to tighter bands/larger cups then the breast tissue moves forward=increased cup size. A way to prevent breast tissue migration is to lean forward and scoup your entire breast tissue into the cups. This should be done whenever you try on bras to make sure you're buy cup sizes that are big enough.