Body Image and Issues after Weight Loss Including discussions about excess skin and reconstructive surgery

Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 AM   #76  
focus creates results

S/C/G: 167/125/110

Height: 5'0"

Jumping in here....at my highest i was in a 38c...and now I am wearing a 34b but I think I will most likely need to go down a band size pretty soon....and the girls are looking really sad lately....breastfeeding two children and that coupled with the weight loss have left them looking droopy, deflated and rather forlorn.

I have had to wear lined bras because they look so sad and small.
Lekhika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 11:09 PM   #77  

Height: 5'4"

Angry

OMG - I am SO frustrated by this. I have lost 96 so far and I swear my boobs haven't budged. My current bras that I bought last summer are loose - but it could be they are wearing out. Since I bought them I have lost at least 60 pounds and I just bought the next band size down but the cups seem a tad too small. I have NO idea where they will end up (or down - he he he ) - but I wish they would shrink some.
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 10:14 PM   #78  

S/C/G: 171/ticker/121

Height: 5' 1"

So glad you asked this! I've been wondering the same thing.
Quiet Ballerina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 12:15 AM   #79  

S/C/G: 140/127/115

I sure hope mine get smaller. At my highest weight 170 I was a 42D, now 35lbs lighter I'm a 40D and can sometimes fit into a 38D depending on the brand. I really hope to go down a cup size or two by the time I reach my goal. I am so sick of Ds.
ButterflyDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:03 PM   #80  
Mindful Eater

S/C/G: 253/183/150

Does anyone know of a good, supportive bra that hooks in the front??
BreakingFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 03:44 PM   #81  

YAHOO !!!!!!! Finally !!!! A whole year and no change in bra size - my bras were getting looser but figured it was just wearing out - but just went to buy new ones - DOWN TWO BAND SIZES !!!!!!!!! Cup size went up but that would make sense - rib area shrinking but boobs not a bit. I guess I will be stuck with these puppies !
witchyonadiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:38 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default cute large bras

Hi all:

I have a girlfriend who wears a 36G and she buys Freya bras--they are so pretty! They tend to be for people who have their breasts closer together. I tried one and they squished the sides of my boobs--too close together.

Anyway Freya specializes in large size bras. They have a website and they are also sold at nordstroms.

Another very pretty large size bra line is Whimsey--I found them at Macys--they have some large sizes--C or greater only. I got a very cute leopard bra sheer with black lace in a 38 D.

Both of the above are also sold on E-bay.

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 04:43 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 266/245/176

Height: 5' 9"

Default Ps

I dont really like the look of super augmented breasts--the round canteloupe ones that you see in cheesey swimsuit ads. they look really fake and hard. Real breasts are not perfectly round--you can see it is just something round put under the skin. That gives me the heebies.

That being said, if when I lose all the weight and I only have skin flaps where my breasts used to be, I would definitely want to get augmentation if I could afford it. I would just want them to look natural--and no more than a b or c. I dont need big heavy ones--just want something!

Sno
Snowbrocade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #84  
Ailsa

S/C/G: 189/ticker/140

Height: 5'7

Comforting to see some other ladies with the same issue...IT SUCKS! I went from a 36C-C to a 34B (barely a B now!) but keep telling myself i'd rather be healthy and toned with small breasts than chubby overweight with larger
AilsaPearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:29 PM   #85  

Quote:
Originally Posted by AilsaPearl View Post
Comforting to see some other ladies with the same issue...IT SUCKS! I went from a 36C-C to a 34B (barely a B now!) but keep telling myself i'd rather be healthy and toned with small breasts than chubby overweight with larger
If you checked out one of those that fit you with bras,you might still be in the cup you like. I haven't gone there yet,but will real soon,still losing weight so thoughtI would put up with the ones I have for now. I too bought smaller bras and they still don't fir right.
birdfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 10:37 PM   #86  

Quote:
Originally Posted by broken wings View Post
Wow. J's and I's. I've never known anybody personally who had that much boobage. You should be proud, but I could so understand why you would want those smaller.

I personally don't exactly know what size I am. I think I am like a DDD to an E, but alot of people say they think I am bigger. I was also wondering about this too. I really don't want to loose my boobs. I do however at 19 want surgery to make them more perky. Stupid big boobs weigh to much on there own and pull down. It's sad, but one day. I'll have em perky..but first theres weight loss to be done.
when you do have breast reduction make sure it is a good doctor etc. My daughter in law had it and one side under the arm arealet go alittle and so it need redoing.
birdfeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:36 AM   #87  
June

S/C/G: 240/184/155

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by AilsaPearl View Post
I agree. Make sure that your underbust (measured tightly!)=band size (if you haven't already). Often times women think they've lost a cup size when in reality they've gone down a band size or two. Personally, I lost a lot more in my band size than my cup size and have actually gone up a couple of cup sizes. (realize that if you go down a band size you need to go up at least one cup size if not more).

If you have any questions about proper fit see here.
runningfromfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:22 PM   #88  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

Lost 75 pounds and went from 38dd to 34c, shocking at first since I've been dplus forever and they were part of my "identity", but the Cs really suit my height and smaller self.
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:05 PM   #89  
Hoping for 160 by NYE!

S/C/G: 323/ticker/150

Height: 5'7

46H to a 40DDD so far (119 loss) which is great except my skin hasn't really caught up yet.
sevencallmemom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:59 PM   #90  

S/C/G: HW 212/148/130~174/139/130

Height: 5'4

running - I used your measurement techniques and ordered a new bra on ebay (a wacoal soft cup). I hope it fits...but there is no way I am going to find this size in a standard store. At my high weight I wore a 42DD and now 51lbs later, I measured myself at a 34F! Yikes! It's just a letter of the alphabet, right? We shall see if my measurements are correct.
guacamole is offline   Reply With Quote