The Biggest Loser - Winning by Losing For discussion of the NBC tv show The Biggest Loser and the book Winning by Losing, by Jillian Michaels

Old 02-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #556  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

Height: 5'6"

Oh, and no tornados here in Wisconsin, but winter storms in some areas, and I think it might have been responsible for the "technical difficulties," with the NBC feed from Rhinelander. The picture was out for a good part of the show. I didn't see any of the cooking competition.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:25 PM   #557  

S/C/G: 225/198.2/150

Height: 5'5

What a great episode. I didn't mind the political updates since I'm watching this race VERY closely. (with a Daughter in the Military, this election is very important!) Anyway, GO BLACK TEAM!!! Take that BOB, you little cheater you. Karma came, it saw, and then it kicked Bob's butt!! I actually like Bob, but I didn't like how he stacked the deck. Looks like his plan is going to backfire. Heheheh.

Rocco...what can you say?...I'd love to have him in my kitchen!

Brit losing 10lbs! Take that, blue team!

Bernie losing 13lbs...icing on the cake baby!

Jay's chest...are those udders? OMG....I'm sorry, but I can't even look at the screen when he is up there. I see breast augmentation in his future.

Paul and Kelly.....It's painful to watch the drama between them. I hope Paul gets his confidence back and moves on.

Jackie being voted off....adios. She definitely got a little too cocky. I hope her son learns from her mistakes.

Next week looks like a good episode too. This is a good season so far. I'm glad they are discussing nutrition more this season.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #558  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

I SO knew jackie was going home as soon as I saw trent give his roommate the look. It was like, mmhmm. I also sensed he was not being honest -he looked really uncomfortable doing that.

Putting a curse on their kids - oh please Jackie. They shouldn't have said that? YOU shouldn't have asked such a TERRIBLE thing just to serve your own purposes! Again there, I knew it was a lie - did she not sense it was just too easy and quick to gain agreement? Or is her self-centered opinion of herself really making her think she is the center of their world and they are bowing down to serve her wishes. Puleez.

And were was the video of Pauls' gf? Hmm, just mom & dad. Wonder if that one is over....... LOL probably from watching him on the early episodes she dashed off a quick dear john letter to him! his selfishness is why they're not together, which he demonstrated by ruining her moment of pleasure by only focusing on his own needs.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #559  

Oh, and Paul's loss? Not that great, imo. Remember that he GAINED last week, so he was easily going to lose those 3 lbs plus what he should have lost last week (5 lbs?) making that 8 right there. He only lost another 4 for this week, really. Like someone else here said, not eating enough may stall your WL, but it doesn't make you GAIN 3 lbs. Something else weird was going on there, and unfor. for him, he can't even blame it on tom!
Old 02-05-2008, 11:23 PM   #560  
Nancy

S/C/G: 353/T/168

Height: 5'3"

If I had liked the brothers at all before, I really didn't like them now. If they had planned to vote Jackie off that was their prerogative, but they really shouldn't of said to her face that they wouldn't have. That was so immature.

At the same time, Mark just blows things out of the water. He ate by far the most in the temptation, he was injured and he was the biggest loser on the team? Wow.

I felt so great for the Black team. I just love Jillian more and more each day.

Rocco is a total cutie. He probably has an ego the size of Mars, but whatever.

Last edited by NotTheCheat; 02-05-2008 at 11:23 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:50 PM   #561  
Wild Angels

Height: 5'2

Very interesting show! I really liked the cooking temptation...definitely made you think about how to substitute in your foods, but still have that great flavor. The blue team were very creative in their food design, but just way overboard on the calories...wow....

I knew from the minute Jackie "assumed" that Trent was going home that she just got played. For goodness sake, Trent is a major player with the most pounds to lose here woman! It would be sheer madness to send him home at this point! And that whole "swear on your children's lives" was really immature on her part. I haven't heard that in years....sheesh...

As for Paul and Kelly, we don't know all that happened during their marriage, and from the way Kelly acts towards him at times, I rather get the impression she's trying to keep her distance from him emotionally and hoping that he'll get the hint and move on himself. I also think it's curious that his own girlfriend wasn't in the video....obviously she would not have seen these episodes ahead of time, so she had no reason not to be in the video. One wonders if he even has one?
Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 PM   #562  
Incredible Shrinking Sue

S/C/G: 284/146/150

Really enjoyed tonights episode...LOVED the cooking challenge! Now that Dan's alone it might be a good thing for him if he doesn't get all mopey about his mom being gone. I get the impression that he's somewhat of a momma's boy & being with the guys might be good for him. That's if they accept him as one of the guys. We'll see.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:20 AM   #563  
Be the change

I'm glad Jackie's gone. She was annoying and arrogant. Jillian's team was awesome this week. She is so great at motivating others. I loved the cooking challenge. That was very cool. I'd love a cooking lesson with Rocco. Learning to make low calorie, healthy, delicious food would be awesome.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:24 AM   #564  

S/C/G: 180/169/145

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingmyerica View Post
Jay's chest...are those udders? OMG....I'm sorry, but I can't even look at the screen when he is up there. I see breast augmentation in his future.
I AGREE!! I shudder when I see his chest.
Old 02-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #565  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I wasn't sad at all to see Jackie go...she was starting to get on my nerves!!! I understand you need to have self confidence, but I think her and her son are both a little too full of it at the moment! I was happy to see the black team pull a victory, like many of you have said Bob divided those teams unfairly. I love Brit and Bernie...I just think both of them are so cute. I want to pinch Bernies cheeksLOL! Paul and Kelly...that could be a dang soap opera. I don't understand why those two went on this show together. It just seems like a really bad idea to me if she has moved on and is seeing someone else. I know for me personally I wouldn't want my husband/boyfriend to leave for 4 months to live on a ranch with his ex...NOPE not me! I have to say that I think Mark I believe his name is on blue, is starting to look really nice. When he was walking up to WI yesterday you could see that he has really nice muscle tone and is going to look great once he reaches goal. His poor brother though will need some surgery. I do think though that Jay is like the shrinking man. When he WI last night I couldn't believe how thin he was looking in his mid-section. Something big looks like it's going down next week...I can't wait!

Oh Melissa I did your challenge also...chair pose. Girl that did almost kill me. I had to do it in 35 sec. intervals. I also did step ups and planks. I have to say the planks were not as bad as chair pose. Thanks for the challenge though. It was funny because I have tivo and am so used to fast forwarding through commercials...I would start to fast forward and be like "oh crap and have to go back and watch the commericals"
Old 02-06-2008, 09:49 AM   #566  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

PS....I never knew who Rocco was, but he is a really cutie isn't he. I'll be putting him in my Tivo to record
Old 02-06-2008, 10:13 AM   #567  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Ok, I did the challange as well. I got in 130 minutes of workout last night (started before TBL, but worked out during most of it).

QUESTION:
Does it not seem right that they added the +3 lbs to the Black Teams weight loss (i.e. removed 3lbs), but then they removed them again tonight, by not allowing 3 of his pound to count. Doesn't this seem like a double punishment since they already had the 3 lbs count against them in the pervious week to count them against them this week? Maybe I just missed something.

I was so sad for Brit when she had to tell Jillian in front of everyone on the Black Team that she was doing 500 cals some days. I think she learned a lesson regarding eating this week (that you have to eat to live not live to eat).

I also LOVED that Bernie and Brit got such great kudos from Rocco for their Blue Cheese idea on the Filet. That had to be a confidence booster for them with them still feeling low from Bob leaving them behind.

As for Mark, I agree that he is going to really buff out with his weight loss. You can already see the good beginnings of a waist on him and with having to do all this extra upper body work and swimming since he has the fracture is only going to help define all that out.

Jackie's gone

I didn't like but 1 thing about her ... how well she supported her son. She looks good and I am happy for her, but I really think Dan needs to be on his own.

I LOVED Bernie's little "Dan" dance with his 13 lb loss. It really seems like he was blowing a rasberry to the Blue Team.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:48 AM   #568  

S/C/G: SW:394/310/180

The Paul and Kelly thing is a trainwreck. I imagine that the producers jumped at the chance to have an ex's team (maybe they were even specifially looking). Kelly had to know that Paul was going to see this as his "second chance." Having them share a bedroom wasn't necessary either, and set them up even further. It looks like Bernie and Brit are sharing a bedroom too, doesn't it? Maybe I'm weird, but I wouldn't be comfortable sharing a bedroom with a male stranger.
Old 02-06-2008, 10:55 AM   #569  

No, I'm sure they are not. They had to agree to separate bedrooms for them - there is no way they'd want that potential liability on their hands of someone doing something weird in the nite. Maybe Kelly & Brit were actually "Sleeping" as roommates and b & paul were. They were just in these other rooms for the daytime scenes.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #570  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
QUESTION:
Does it not seem right that they added the +3 lbs to the Black Teams weight loss (i.e. removed 3lbs), but then they removed them again tonight, by not allowing 3 of his pound to count. Doesn't this seem like a double punishment since they already had the 3 lbs count against them in the pervious week to count them against them this week? Maybe I just missed something.
Yes, it does, and I noticed that too.