Old 05-07-2012, 11:33 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 200/200/135

Height: 5'6"

Happy Monday, ladies! I am so NOT ready to go back to work, I could barely get my eyes open & my butt out of bed this morning. At least it looks like it will be a beautiful day today. I'm going to try to get as much walking done as I can at work today. We have another cooking project in the afternoon ("bananas in a blanket") so I can walk to the grocery store & pick up supplies. I can also probably get another walk in during lunch break. Didn't get up for cardio this morning so will have to do that as soon as I get home from work.

ladyponies23 - The food stuff is hard for me too. I usually find that if I have a craving, but can hold off for an hour or so, it's usually passed. Distraction also helps big time! Read a book, take a walk, watch some TV, or take a bath even! Of course you can always come check in here & get some support to pass those cravings, too.

Bigmid - Good for you for being so determined/dedicated to being on track today. That cake sounds yummy & even your own homemade fondant?! Never done that before, it sounds impressive & fancy. lol Would love to see pics if you have any!

takingcontrol - You're going to have a great week! I second what rainydays said, I feel like I will use calorie counting for the rest of my life, even as a maintainer ... if I ever get there! lol You are doing so well & I can't wait to see what the week brings you.

Isabella - Hope you found some yummy snacks for less calories! haha Since I began calorie counting I'm always thinking, "Hmm, I get more for less calories eating _____ than eating _____." It's such a balancing game!

Start the week off strong, everyone!
Old 05-07-2012, 12:08 PM   #17  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

YAY! BLUE TEAM! YAY RAINYDAYS! woo hoo for Leslie, Somni and Kim L!
Thanks everyone for the compliments on the cake.... this team and knowing the weigh in was coming is what kept me from devouring it!
Thank you Isabella for the info on the pics!
I have a ton to do today but wanted to check in! I hope to catch up on personals later.
I'm so happy to be part of such a great team!
Old 05-07-2012, 02:08 PM   #18  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Height: 5'5"

ak812~ bananas in a blanket..? That sounds interesting, what is in it?

reji~ An 8K is AMAZING! Awesome job!!!

retiredone~

rainydays~

Bigmid~ I can't have any kind of cake around either or I pick at it as well.

ladyponies23~ Portion sizes are rough. I have an ap on my iPhone called Loseit, which allows me to scan the barcodes of any food I eat and keep track of my calories. I use it every day and love how easy it is!

emilyk~ Ohhhh, the beach... We might be able to go to the beach by mid-June, but the water isn't really warm enough until July. Sounds like you had a lot of fun!

Eliza31~

This past week has been a struggle for me. I am now at 4 days 14 hours and 40 minutes of no smoking... I'm really starting to feel like I can quit for good, but being around food has been really tough. Yesterday we had my nieces second birthday party, and I definitely over-indulged. I have a lot of work ahead of me this week if I even want to maintain my current weight! Baseball game, gotta go, Happy Monday everyone!!!
Old 05-07-2012, 04:54 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 200/194/160

Height: 5'8"

KimL1214 - Congratulations on quitting smoking! I know that's an incredibly hard task, but I'm so proud of what you're doing to be a healthier YOU! (Okay, that sounded kind of cheesy, but I'm really being sincere!)

Speaking of the beach...my boyfriend's family is visiting next weekend (May 17th - 20th). Since we live on the coast, it's pretty much a given that any visitors will want to go to the beach. Now that it's warmed up so much, I know they're going to want to go swimming. I don't even know if I have a suit from last year that will fit. I'm so dreading the thought of swim suit shopping, though. Plus, I'm so self conscious about my weight, I don't want anyone to see me in a swim suit. I always have been self conscious, even when I was incredibly fit. I couldn't see it at the time, but I looked great! Now, not so much. As excited as I am about them visiting, it's really stressing me out. However, it's also helping to keep me motivated with exercising every day, which is great! Just a total mix of emotions, you know?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #20  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Thank you for all your support guys. Day one of taking control back IN THE BAG I ate exactly what I said I would on my plan today, and it feels so good. I've eaten nothing since my allowed snack of a few pretzels at about 7.30, and I'm going to bed happy rather than peed off as I have done for the past few nights after eating for eating's sake all evening.

Kim keep going with the quitting, you're doing great! Almost a year since I stopped (well, I stopped many times before then but it never stuck!) apart from one stupid night in August, so I've got to get to then before I can really say I've done a year!

ladieponies sorry to hear of teh swimsuit dilemma. I hope you either find a suit you feel comfortable in or otherwise can get out of swimming without it being a big deal if you'd be happier not to. Do whatever you feel comfortable with

AK812 & Rainydays thanks, I don't even calorie count, I just eat well. Now I'm sure I could do better, but as long as I'm on plan what I eat sees me lose and sees me satisfied so I just roll with it. The problem is when I veer off plan and eat everything. Unfortunately those times would also happen if I counted, as I'd merely stop counting, just the same as I stop following my 'rules'. When I get to goal I'll slowly try to give myself more freedom with food. But, if it ends up in the mess of the last couple of weeks it'll be meal planning for me forever too. I guess it'll just become second nature!

Good night all. I'm hoping to get up for a jog in the morning, but right now it's so rainy and windy out there I won't be going if it's the same when I wake up!

Last edited by takingcontrol; 05-07-2012 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-07-2012, 07:48 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 285/282/140

Height: 5'5"

YAY Blue team!!!

rainydays- Wow you look great! Seeing picks like yours keeps me going and shows me what hard work and dedication can do. Keep up the great work.

emilyk and ak812-beach days for both sounds like you both had great times. I live close to Lake Michigan so that will be a place for me to go find some treasures and take a walk with my hubby.

KimL1214-Stay strong on quitting smoking. I know it is a hard road but you will be so much better health wise for it. You can do it!!

We have had some crummy weather here so not as many walks with my dog as I wanted. Went to a used book/dvd/cd store over the weekend and found some exercise dvds for half price. So I have more than just the walk away the pounds dvd. Also my brother was rearranging his garage and is letting me borrow his eliptical machine since he is not using it at this time. So I can do that at night while watching tv. Catch up with everyone tomorrow.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:05 PM   #22  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

Lady, don't worry about the bathing suit. Everyone will be having fun and not worrying one bit about how you look. Heck, there'll be lots of people larger than you strutting their stuff. Get a nice wrap or sarong for when you're out of the water if you feel self-conscious and just have fun.

Yeah, for Kim. Every day away from the smokes is another day closer to complete victory. You can do this, yes you can.

OK, ak812, what's a banana in a blanket?

Giffy, I found some good exercise DVDs at the dollar store. Who'd a thunk it?

Takingcontrol
, I don't calorie count, either. I used to but now I'm more or less watching my portion sizes.

Hi Reji. Nice to meet you.

I've had a good on plan day today but I'm a bit hungry now that's it's just about bedtime. I don't dare put a bite in my mouth because I'll not stop at one bite...sigh... Oh well, I think it's more habit than hunger. I'll have water.

Have a good evening, Blue Team.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #23  

Hello all!

Had an okay Monday over here. My legs are sore as I got in a total of 60 mins of walking and then came home and did a 25 minute cardio workout On Demand. Kind of a combo of boxing & just general aerobics, but it DEFINITELY gets my heart rate up and makes me break a sweat. I think I'll try out some yoga tomorrow to give these legs a break.

KimL & Isabella - "Bananas in blankets" are made this way: spread peanut butter (or soy nut butter) on a tortilla, sprinkle with some corn flake-y type of cereal, slap a banana on there, drizzle with honey & wrap it up! The kids enjoyed them a lot - more than the guacamole we made last week. It's hard doing these cooking projects without sampling the products!

Also, Kim, huge props to you for going this long without smoking. You're such an inspiration! Hope you had a GREAT time at the baseball game because you definitely deserve it.

ladyponies23 - Don't let the stress of wearing a bathing suit take away from your lovely visit. I know how you feel, though. But like takingcontrol said, just wear what makes you feel most comfortable. For me during the last couple of swimsuit seasons it's been a bathing suit with T-shirt and shorts over it. No need to actually go swimming if you don't want to - just relax & have a great time!

takingcontrol - Sounds like you had a fantastic day today! I know you'll have a ton more of them.

giffy68 - Good luck with the new DVDs and elliptical. I've ALWAYS wanted to have the use of an elliptical at home so I can just hop on & watch some TV but they are sadly way out of my price range/floor space at home right now. What are your favorite shows to watch while exercising?

Isabella - Good job choosing water over snacking! lol I have the same problem, one treat off plan & I'm on the pathway to disaster. Stay strong!

Have a great night, everyone!
Old 05-08-2012, 03:19 AM   #24  
Determined to reach goal!

S/C/G: 224/201.0/150

Height: 5'7

Giffy great news about the DVDs and machine. Though I know it's meant to be 20% exercise, 80% food, but since restarting my journey in Jan and adding daily exercise, I feel so much better, and my body shape is tons better and I'm more motivated to succeed, the results from exercise are so much more tangible, I love it!

Retiredone well done for choosing water! My biggest downfall from my 2 weeks 'off' has been my night time eating. Not full on olden days binging, but eating more than I should. It's something I'm really working on this week too

AK812 whoop to all of the exercise, you're doing great! Let us know what you think of yoga, it's something I've never tried, despite previously living in India; my yoga friends think I'm mad that I never did it there! I really wanted to get into pilates, because I've got terrible posture and am just pretty wonky thanks to various broken bones falling off horses as a kid. But, it's only on at my gym today, when I work, and is really expensive to do as a stand alone at other places. One day I'll give it a go!

Had a good start to the day, jogging done, poached eggs on toast eaten, healthy lunch made to take to work. Now I'm just drinking my coffee before finishing getting ready and heading out. Got my list for the supermarket on the way home too, I will not stray, I will not stray!
Old 05-08-2012, 09:10 AM   #25  
Kelly-Blue Team!

S/C/G: 231.6/189.6/130

Height: 5'3

I'm feeling really bloated, stupid TOM, should be over now but feels like its starting all over again oh well, it cant last forever!

takingcontrol sounds like you have your day planned well! I have to plan, plan, plan, or it's hard for me to stay on track.
Isabella for choosing the water. Night time has always been my downfall, so I've been trying to break it by finishing my calories by 7:30 pm, then just water!
ak812 great job on all the exercise! I need to do a little more, but right now I'm fighting TOM so just getting my walk/run in seems like climbing a mountain. I really had to play some mind games to get myself to pick my feet up yesterday. Don't tell anybody, but sometimes I put Bob Harper's voice in my head-"let's go girl, last chance, last chance!"
giffy for new DVD's and an elliptical! I love ellipticals but have only been able to use them when I've had gym memberships. It's exciting that you'll have one in your living-room!
ladyponies I understand the mixed emotions the other ladies are right, do what's comfortable for you and enjoy the people you care about!
KimL for quitting! You're doing terrific
reji hi, it's nice to meet you. I have bad knees as well so it's encouraging to hear you were able to accomplish an 8k inspite of them! I'm trying to get more info on the C25K, is the planin a book? dvd?
rainydays calorie counting is the only plan that I know will work for me in the long run as well. I know other things like counting points works well for losing, but when I couldn't afford the meetings anymore, I lost track... everytime. With calorie counting, I don't need special money or special food, even when my cupboards are almost empty, I can eat whatever I've got, just gotta count it.
bigmid I hope you have a great week! The cake u made for your friend sounds good. good job on making fondant. I tried to make it once and I've used Wiltons rolled fondant for decor. but I hate working with it and I really dont like the taste. I guess if I ever want my cakes to have that "finished pro look" I'll have to learn to use it though.
leslie
Old 05-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #26  
calorie counting works!

S/C/G: 171/ticker/135

qtapostolic, Couch to 5K is online lots of places, including Cool Running http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml . Like I said, I took three weeks for each "week" on the schedule. And I found it helpful to listen to podcasts that told me when to run and when to walk, rather than having to keep checking my watch. The ones I used are called Podrunner: Intervals at http://www.djsteveboy.com/1day25k.html .
Old 05-08-2012, 11:05 AM   #27  

S/C/G: 288/252.8/160

Height: 5'7"

Hey all, just a quick check in and request for well-wishes.
I'm having a throat and tongue biopsy this morning, and will be under a general anesthesia, which always makes me nervous. Should be a quick procedure though.

Yesterday was a mixed bag. I did my walk/run with extra walking after for a total of a little over 3 miles. Ate decent at breakfast and dinner, but gave in to the urge to stuff my fear down with Ben & Jerry. But i did drink loads of water. Luckily the scale this morning is a pound lighter than my weigh in from Saturday. Yay!
I've also picked up a copy of the book "when food is love" to read at the recommendation of my doc.
I suspect I'll only be able to have smoothies and such today. Right now I'd kill for a glass of water!!
Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 05-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #28  
Isabella

S/C/G: 180/154.5/125

Height: 5 feet 2 inches

I had a great soup recipe today for dinner. I found it here: http://www.mommiecooks.com/2010/09/24/miso-soup/ It was so good and DH liked it too and said he'd eat it again. He's not hard to feed at the worst of times but he really seemed to enjoy this soup. It's different from what we usually have as soup. It's a tofu noodle soup with a lovely subtle ginger undertone to the broth. Here's a picture from the blog site. I don't have the calorie count but it's fairly low. I used plain unfried ramen noodles. It makes about 3-4 servings. Lovely!

Emily, I hope everything goes well with the biopsy. Good thoughts going your way.

Takingcontrol, I haven't had a poached egg in years. Just reading about it made me want one, lol.

ak812, those bananas sound really good. How often do you do a cooking project with your kids? I'd have loved the guacamole. I had an egg and avocado sandwich with the soup today, yummmm.

I must get my body up off the couch and unto the bike. I usually bike in the morning but this morning I went grocery shopping instead as I needed the fresh spinach for the soup.

Have a lovely Blue Team day.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:22 PM   #29  

Well yesterday I fully intended on jumping in and writing personals to everyone and shoot, I never even got back. Sooo rather than risking a rerun of that I will say hi and then if I don't make it back you won't think I went missing.

Foods been decent, I'm not over on my calories but I could be making better food choices. I've been lazy and just grabbing quick things. I REALLY have got to get a stew going in my crockpot. A stew, chili or soup once a week helps me with a couple of meals and several lunches. My kind of cooking.

Exercise could be better. I am still making it up and down steps at work but not as often as I like and I really need to keep on myself about working out at home. Tonight should be an early night home and I have no grandkids to babysit so I will plan on getting in the workout room as soon as I get home and at least spend 30 minutes doing something. Haven't decided which it will be, I have lots of videos but I'm kind of thinking maybe I will use my recumbent bike for 30 minutes. Yah, that sounds good.

My loss last week wasn't what I had hoped for but it was at least down. I've been really slowing down on my weightloss and I think a lot of it is kicking the workout in the butt. I typically don't over eat so it has to be that I undermove ... need to correct that more consistently.

TTFN, hopefully I will have a chance to get back on this evening.

Last edited by EofAZ; 05-08-2012 at 01:24 PM.
Old 05-08-2012, 04:25 PM   #30  

Happy Tuesday Blues! It's been a little bit of a rough day here at school. The kids are driving me NUTS. It's days like these where I feel like my profession is the best form of birth control ever. Maybe it's just PMS but these little guys are making it hard to imagine how I will ever be around kids all day & then go home to my own. So not ready for that yet.

Haven't tried the yoga yet b/c I was too lazy to wake up early this morning. The bf & I have been staying up way too late so tonight my goal is bed before 10pm. I will do yoga when I get home from work tonight.

takingcontrol - You are doing such a great job staying on track! I will definitely let you know yoga goes. I've always wanted to get into it, too, but have never really viewed it as a weight loss tool even though I know it works for lots of people. I just need something that is easier on my legs but still gets me moving.

qtapostolic - Start feeling better soon! You have my sympathies on TOM. Sometimes it can feel like it will NEVER end. I'm impressed you are able to get any exercise in while on it. I always feel like I want to just be a lump in my bed until it's over!

reji - Hi! I started C25K early last summer but never got past Week 1. I hope to start it again once I lose a little bit more weight - let us know how it's going!

emilyk - Thinking about you today! Hopefully by now you're all done with the procedure & resting comfortably at home. Best of luck recuperating today. Take it easy! Let us know how When Food Is Love is. I checked it out on Amazon & it looks very interesting!

Isabella - That tofu soup looks DELICIOUS! Unfortunately I've got a very picky eater for a bf and I doubt I could get him to eat that unless I lied about the tofu. lol Maybe I will make it for myself one of these weekends, though. The cooking projects at school happen once a week. The kids LOVE them and it helps them learn measurements, chemistry, etc. and also cooperation as we do it with another class. Good luck with the biking!

EofAZ - Good plan on getting a stew or chili going - always helps to have food/meals prepared in advance. Hope you have a nice workout tonight! Remember, every little bit is a step in the right direction. I should be giving myself this advice as I could not get my butt moving to take a walk during lunchtime today.