View Poll Results: What kind of challenges do you want this season?
I want a range of different weekly challenges 31 81.58%
I want one challenge that lasts all season 4 10.53%
I want an exercise challenge based on minutes 17 44.74%
I want an exercise challenge based on miles 3 7.89%
I don't want any challenges 0 0%
I want a "perfectly on plan" (POP) challenge 8 21.05%
I want a challenge, but I have a better suggestion 0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-09-2009, 05:38 PM   #46  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

oh and i forgot dix........ where did the rest of you go??????????? OMG your half gone and looking hot hot hot........... thanks for putting the challlenge together.. you do an amazing job
Old 09-09-2009, 05:45 PM   #47  
Go Blue!

S/C/G: 286.8/180.6/145

GO BLUE!

Thank you so much Dixied for all you've done for this and for us.

Really looking forward to losing with all of you over this challenge!
Old 09-09-2009, 05:47 PM   #48  
I'm doing it for ME

S/C/G: 317/311/200

Height: 5'3

Idealmuse- i ordered the Slim in 6 set off an informercial lol.. actually it works pretty well.. havnt gotten thru even the first dvd without taking a break yet.. kicks my bum lol...
i would like to get the 30 day shred one from jillian, but... i better get my fitness level a lot better before i even attempt it
Old 09-09-2009, 05:53 PM   #49  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Has anyone ever tried those Slim-Fast shakes as a meal replacement, like when you're in a hurry or just can't stomach food? I noticed there's 20 grams of protein in them and other good for things. If so, did it keep you full feeling for a while?
Old 09-09-2009, 06:09 PM   #50  
I'm doing it for ME

diva- when i was 25( a LONG time ago) i did the slim fast diet.. two shakes a day and a sensible meal at night.. i also walked 7 miles a day.. lost 80lbs in 4.5 months.. but... gained it back when i went back on food... i still have one once in a while if i cant stomach eating breakfast or something... but for the most part i try to eat a lil something if only a banana

does anyone know how to check to see how long you have been a member of this forum? i have the recommended post requirement i think for a sig, but im not sure when i joined..

Last edited by Twilightwing; 09-09-2009 at 06:10 PM. Reason: to ask question
Old 09-09-2009, 06:15 PM   #51  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Has anyone ever tried those Slim-Fast shakes as a meal replacement, like when you're in a hurry or just can't stomach food? I noticed there's 20 grams of protein in them and other good for things. If so, did it keep you full feeling for a while?
I've used them. I don't remember them being bad, actually, it seems I remember really liking them. I used to use the lower carb ones, but they've become harder to find. As for feeling full, I have the PCOS symptom of almost constant hunger, so I can't give you a good answer on that. I generally eat every 2-3 hours, and I don't remember not making it that long between meals. Right now I've been eating the Slim-Fast Optima granola bars, which don't have as much protein (8g) and way too many carbs (35g), and the first ingredient listed is corn syrup (but not HFCS). But it's better than a stop at Krispy Kreme on my way to work. FOr some reason I cannot get my act together in the mornings. I can either run or I can make breakfast, but not both. Running wins every time.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:29 PM   #52  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

i tried the shake thing years ago..... well what feels like a life time ago actually... b4 i had kids....... lmao... so over 10 years ago.... and i found i was too hungry... and would have the shake and then eat lunch tooo.... lol.... no good for me... so ill stick with my tortiouse style of losing weight..... lmao... im coming up to 2 years of weightloss in november... fingers crossed i can be 70 pounds down by then...
Old 09-09-2009, 06:46 PM   #53  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Thanks Amy! I think I'll pass then, LOL! I'd prolly still eat with them too. WTG on losing 20 pounds when you had such a turbulent year girly!
Old 09-09-2009, 06:47 PM   #54  
waisting away

S/C/G: Too Much/Getting There/Healthy

Height: 5' 8"

Nix- You will be at week 5 in no time. It is a tough week though, so I might have to repeat some days or make up some of my own. But as long as Im moving, Im ok with it.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:49 PM   #55  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightwing View Post
diva- when i was 25( a LONG time ago) i did the slim fast diet.. two shakes a day and a sensible meal at night.. i also walked 7 miles a day.. lost 80lbs in 4.5 months.. but... gained it back when i went back on food... i still have one once in a while if i cant stomach eating breakfast or something... but for the most part i try to eat a lil something if only a banana

does anyone know how to check to see how long you have been a member of this forum? i have the recommended post requirement i think for a sig, but im not sure when i joined..
WOW that's alot of weight but it sux you gained it all back.

Dixie, it was the chocolate Low carb ones I almost bought today. They looked good, but Like I told Amy. I'd prolly still eat lol!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:10 PM   #56  
Go Blue Team!

S/C/G: 197.6/195.8/140

Height: 5'2"

Hello Blue team!!!

I'm so glad to be a part of my first BL challenge!! I have lofty goals for the next few months, so I need all the rah-rahing I can get, lol.

Thanks Dixie for putting this together.

Diva - I keep the slimfast shakes in case I am hungry, but dont' have time to make something to eat. I actually drink the Costco (Kirkland) brand ones as they are exactly the same, but only $15 for 24. The Slimfast shakes at the grocery store are a lot more expensive. I wouldn't recommend only drinking them for breakfast & lunch though. It's not enough to keep you full for too long.
Old 09-09-2009, 08:26 PM   #57  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilightwing View Post
8-21-09
Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 PM   #58  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Thanks Nella. Sometimes I don't feel like eating before I go to the GYM in the mornings so I was wondering if those shakes/drinks would be enough to get me through an hour workout really. I may try them, I haven't decided yet.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:09 PM   #59  
Must do this!!

S/C/G: 175/ticker/125

Height: 5'2

WHAT'S UP BLUE TEAM!?!?!?!

I'm obviously new to the team, but excited!! I am going to be honest...you guys are going to have to PUSH me at first! I just need a push and I should be good to go. lol

Nixmom--I wanted to say congrats!! You go grl!

Fauxtini--Sorry for what you're going through, but keep going forward & never look back!! You have us here if you ever need to vent!

Diva--I don't really have a plan, I just really need to push myself and jump on my treadmill more often. I always get home sooo tired...ugh! Also, I drink Slim Fast shakes in the morning and the hold me off for like 2 hours and then I have a snack. I also drink EAS AdvantEdge Carb Control and I feel those fill me up a little more and I like the taste more.

Amouse--Sounds like you've had an extremely rough year, but you sound in great spirits throughout it all and managed to keep going forward. Good job grly!! Continue to work hard on being hot!!! Just don't forget you're already hot...just want to be HOTTER!!!

Dixied--thanks for this, and you look amazing!!

NOW LET'S GO BLUE TEAM!!!
Old 09-09-2009, 09:30 PM   #60  
I'm doing it for ME

Dixied- thanks for letting me know about when i joined.. not too long then till i can get a sig