Old 09-19-2008, 06:30 AM   #421  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Good Morning Team.

I need some help today. I did something incredibly dumb (non-food related) yesterday. Not intentional...just stupid. Not sure what the consequences will be or what I need to do or how to fix it. I'll work on that today. I also have a big career decision I need to make. My stress meter is Pegged!!!!

I will definatly get a good hard workout in today. But do you have any other suggestions of how I can deal with high stress without turning to food? I have been POP for weeks now...but I've gotta say all of a sudden I can't stop thinkin of the bananna cake at Starbucks. Gotta get that thought out of my head!

Any hints you can offer will be appreciated!

Thanks,
D
Old 09-19-2008, 06:48 AM   #422  
WAF Blue Team

S/C/G: 198/ticker/135

Height: 5'6"

Hey blues-ers
Way to go Amy..7.6 lbs is amazing!
Faerie...I almost have myself convinced this week I didnt want to exercise because it had been ages and my muscles would hold water and I would loose the 2lb lose I had going on this week, but it is better to get stuck in and exercise because we will see the results in the long run, so big deal with the slight gain, you are doing all the things that will see you through the next 13 weeks and the rest of your life the right way.
Jaime- woo for going for the run. I was wondering if you were ok, there hasnt been much activity on your blog and I was a wee bit worried. the next one will be easier (I am hoping as yesterday was my first run in 2 weeks too)

Finally, I have friends arriving for the weekend so I dont think I will have much of a chance to get on here over the weekend. Have a great weekend OP (I have been watching TBL Oz series one having never seen any of it before and Jillian rocks) and to quote Jillian 'Give into (the) temptation and I will KILL you' I always find wekend the hardest. I post a good lose friday then blow the weekend and spend mon-wed fixing it the next week. So that goes for me as much as everyone else.

P.S. a 3lb lose this week.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:27 AM   #423  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies (and gents, if we have any)

This is my first time posting in the blue thread - this week has been non-stop! (which of course isn't so good for the weight loss) I started out with my sister's wedding on Sunday - with delicious, oh so delicious cupcakes. Then my laptop broke ($280 to get it fixed ) If that wasn't enough, my favourite work-out DVD was inside! Also, since my basement is still a mess, I can't get to my exercise bike, to even get in some quick cardio - waiting for the landlord to come and clean up down there for about 2 months now.

I've been trying to get in some walking, and last night I pulled out my The Firm work-out DVD last night, but the DVD's too hard, and I'm afraid I'll hurt myself. I just don't think the walking's doing enough. Also, I've been turning to the devil this week with take-out and restaurants. Tonight's going to be my birthday party, and I am going to try to be good today, but I think all I can hope for so far this month is maintenence.

My scale looks like it's up this week.
Old 09-19-2008, 07:33 AM   #424  

Height: 5'7"

so far i have lost 5lbs this challenge!! I am pumped as that is more than i lost the whole month of aug.
Exercise is paying off!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 07:42 AM   #425  

S/C/G: obese/obese/healthy

Height: 5'7"

Hey girls! Today is weigh-in day for me and I'm 3lbs down from the beginning challenge. Not a ton but down is down in my book

I'm off to the beach today and probably won't be around this weekend. I hope everyone has a fabulous one!
Old 09-19-2008, 08:55 AM   #426  
Focus

S/C/G: 296/ticker/199/

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone!

Just checking in to let everyone know I have really been doing good ! I must exercise because that makes me want to stay on plan. Congrats to all the runners! I will have to work my way into that. I will be doing some Zumba classes at the YMCA this weekend. Zumba has alot of dance moves, I feel like I am getting ready for Dancing with the Stars hehehe! I can't wait to watch BL next week . I use to eat while I was watching the show, now I have started exercising. I walked 3 mi during the show Tuesday. I have changed my life completly and I never thought I would. I thought I was to far gone and would never get my weight and health going in the right direction. I cannot begin to you how much better I feel. My daughter is going to the YMCA with me and this is been a good motivator along with coming here and seeing all the before and after pictures and reading how well so many of you all are doing . I am so glad to be on the Blue Team with you guys! Good Luck to everyone!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:15 AM   #427  
Made of Starstuff

Morning Everyone!

Exercised this morning at 6AM... Guh! I am not a morning person. But, I got it done.

So, first of all: Congrats to everyone who is posting losses this week!!! Way to go Bluesers!

For anyone not posting in the right direction No worries, friends, we'll just keep following our plans and doing good & healthy things for ourselves. The scale will catch up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
Faerie, Faerie, Faerie....girlie...you are doing FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work, exercising, and staying OP...who CARES what the scale says?!!!! Way to go with the focus and OP eating and working out and handling all the stresses of life before the big event...that is enough!
Thank you, Manick!

Quote:
Well team...as for me...got on the treadmill when I got home tonight, so I am still OP with diet and exercise and right on track...it's looking good for me for this week's WI...I will keep it up! This feels like the me I want to be. 4 days perfectly OP with no self sabotage, and no second guessing or excuses!
Yay yay yay!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djay View Post
I will definatly get a good hard workout in today. But do you have any other suggestions of how I can deal with high stress without turning to food?
A shower. Seriously. A shower for fun and luxury. Not that "Ack gotta quick wash the hair & run out the door" shower. But one where you can pamper yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishkatt View Post
but it is better to get stuck in and exercise because we will see the results in the long run, so big deal with the slight gain, you are doing all the things that will see you through the next 13 weeks and the rest of your life the right way.
You're absolutely right. I'd rather see a little gain on the scale right now and be doing something healthy for my body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staja View Post
Tonight's going to be my birthday party, and I am going to try to be good today, but I think all I can hope for so far this month is maintenence.
Sometimes maintenance is all we can go for. And when we achieve maintanence we are succeeding. Do what you can. Enjoy your birthday It only comes once a year! Just remember that we can celebrate ourselves everyday by making healthy choices.

---

So, Bluesers. Have a simply marvelous OP day!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:19 AM   #428  

S/C/G: 286/ticker/180

Height: 5'6

Hello everyone! Sorry I'm a little late with posting, a hurricane hit my town (in Indiana) my second day there. I was without power for 5 days! Needless to say my diet went out the window when there is no way to cook, luckily all the fast food places were closed as well so I didn't eat out!

I follow the WW plan, for exercise I usually do 30 minutes of treadmill, but I want to increase it because the only reason I only do 30 is I get bored....not a good enough reason. I'm fully committed to losing weight, and glad I can be a member of the blue team!
Old 09-19-2008, 09:30 AM   #429  

S/C/G: 246/241/160

Height: 5'4

Just wanted to pop in and congratulate everyone on their weigh in's, you are all doing so well! I stayed the same, ugh! I know, I know, at least it wasn't a gain. That still doesn't make me feel better. We are hosting poker night tonight so I am going to watch what I eat. Lately I've had a nasty problem with reflux and can't eat after 7pm. It's a good thing, I was a HUGE late night snacker! Keep it up blue team!

Stacey
Old 09-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #430  
Made of Starstuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by xMeaganx View Post
Hello everyone! Sorry I'm a little late with posting, a hurricane hit my town (in Indiana) my second day there. I was without power for 5 days! Needless to say my diet went out the window when there is no way to cook, luckily all the fast food places were closed as well so I didn't eat out!

I follow the WW plan, for exercise I usually do 30 minutes of treadmill, but I want to increase it because the only reason I only do 30 is I get bored....not a good enough reason. I'm fully committed to losing weight, and glad I can be a member of the blue team!
I'm glad to hear you're alright! Do you do anything while you're treadmilling? I know for some people that listening to music, or watching tv, or reading a book keeps them going.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:38 AM   #431  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Howdy everyone

Today's friday and I'm so glad. I can't wait for the weekend to begin. Not that I'm doing anything special but just so I could clean up our mess of a place and plan ahead for next week food wise. As mentioned since we got back last sunday from our vacay food planning was not possible for this week but I still ate OP every single day this week and am so happy about that. I also worked out every single day since Monday and I want to keep going till it comes naturally to me. I have mentioned before exercise or being active does not come naturally to me And I think its thanks to all the team support I'm getting and the fear of being a** whooped by the team members has kept me going I guess And I still have to work on my exercise plan for this challenge I promise I'll have it done by today.

amyx33, WOW!!! that's an amazing loss girl.Keep up the good work!!!
Heather, like you said loss is a loss. And your 3 lbs loss is amazing IMO. Keep the running shoes on girl and have a blast of a weekend!

Staja, so sorry things are not going your way at the moment Hang in there. And my suggestion to you is continue with your walks. Every little bit helps and it's a step towards the right direction. And yes firm is a little hard in fact I'm thinking of starting it this weekend or so. But they have a person in there usually doing the lower intensity workouts that you can follow if the others are too much. Please don't hurt yourself doing it but sometimes just looking at the dvds may seem overwhelming trust me And oh Happy Birthday

dgramie, super!!! Keep up the good work. Awesome loss!!

Awesome job team and to everyone posting a loss!!! Don't stop keep it going! All of you who have gained or are maintaining don't feel sad and look back...it's done. Instead look forward and get your butts moving! Remember what Dora said in her post... "I will" So say with me - we will all be losers this challenge and run/walk towards a new healthier us!

Have a wonderful friday everyone and a great OP weekend! Make sure all of you drink plenty of water!

Last edited by pintobean; 09-19-2008 at 10:30 AM.
Old 09-19-2008, 09:52 AM   #432  
PR 1 Mile: 9:44

S/C/G: 200.5/160/130

Height: 5'-4"

Happy Friday!

I'm not going to attempt personals, but I had a quote to share:

Be not afraid of going slowly, be afraid only of standing still.
Chinese proverb

This was in my inbox this morning, and it was pretty timely for me. I'm not making the progress I want to make, but I have to remember that the scale is just one measure of success, not the only measure.
Old 09-19-2008, 10:11 AM   #433  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Congrats Heather on the 3 pounds down, that is a fabulous weigh-in!!!
Old 09-19-2008, 10:19 AM   #434  

S/C/G: 221.8/221.8/160

Height: 5'3

Faerie - Congrats for getting up this morning!!

I didn't get up this morning to workout. I didn't get home last night till 9:00 from my Light The Night Walk. So I decided to sleep in this morning. I will workout tomorrow when my son is taking his nap. This weekend might be a little hard for me since I am going out to eat for my MILs Birthday and I have a party to go to. So I will try to make some healthy choices.

Congrats to everyone that is loosing this week.

If you gained or stayed the same, keep trying. You can do it
Old 09-19-2008, 10:50 AM   #435  
Blue Blood

S/C/G: 293/274/150

Height: 5'10"

Faerie- Thanks for the suggestion. I will try the shower as soon as I get home. I am OP minute to minute today. I barely got to work without the Starbucks stop. But I made it.

I'm struggling today!