Old 07-29-2008, 10:28 AM   #76  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

I love your experimentation, Rhonda!!! I do the same thing with having the girls keep trying things they aren't crazy about. My youngest (only 3) is kinda picky and if she had her way wouldn't eat any "unusual" foods.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:59 AM   #77  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Jaime, Dutch Wonderland is actually in a nice part of Pennsylvania, around Lancaster, in case that helps you to locate a meeting location. Haven't been there but heard it's nice for that age-group. Somewhat on the high end ticket wise as well, so keeps the wild ones out. You may be able to purchase some grilled chicken kabobs or something like that - maybe the website will tell you. I know at like Hershey and WDW, you can find healthier options but it helps to plan ahead bc they are not offered at all eateries and you sometimes have to have an advance plan to find the ones that do.

So you never told us if that is in fact a tattoo on your neck or is it a necklace, because I can kind of see the chain of a necklace there too.....I've been wondering for a few weeks and can't figure it out!

Nori, hoping for low BP today at your visit. Does your office use a large cuff when they take your reading? My dr's have told me that switching to a large cuff instead of the std can make all the difference on people over 200 lbs. Using the normal cuff gives abnormally large readings bc it's too small for our arms.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:23 AM   #78  

You know, I vaguely remembered someone asking about the necklace and couldn't remember where it was asked - so I never answered It is definitely a necklace. It's a piece of fabric, actually, starched to death so it holds its shape. Handmade by a woman in Ottawa

Thanks for the info about Dutch Wonderland - I didn't think to look at the website for info on food. I think we are leaving around 8am on Saturday and there is a meeting near my sister's house at 7am, so I think I will just get up super early and do that instead of wandering around PA!
Old 07-29-2008, 11:33 AM   #79  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Jaime - I thought it was a tattoo! I thought you were so incredibly brave to get one there as it must have hurt like crazy!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 07-29-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-29-2008, 11:34 AM   #80  
One life, live it well

Fran - yes, we use the plus sized cuff, for sure!

Jaime - I always assumed it was a necklace vs. a tat - a little high for a tat - but I couldn't quite figure out how it was made - beads, glass (like a sun-catcher!!), paint by number kids art!!! Interesting how it is made!!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #81  

You guys crack me up. That would seriously, seriously hurt all the way up there - the ribcage was bad enough! I've had two or three people ask in real life whether it's a tattoo or a necklace - for you guys I can understand because in the photo you can't see the chain well but c'mon, if you're standing right in front of me, you should be able to see that it's a necklace!
Old 07-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #82  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I so totally thought that was a tatt.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:03 PM   #83  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

I have the PMS munchies and I am trying not eat everything that is not nailed down.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:26 PM   #84  
One life, live it well

Well, my BP wasn't low at the docs today (130/92!!!) BUT she doesn't want to put me on drugs. Since I'm healthy (aside from beign obese) and working on losing weight and increasing my fitness level, she wants me to track it for 2 months and report back to her. She did an EKG in the office, which was fine, and really had no concerns. I'm happy with that.

Jaime - That's crazy that people think it's a tattoo when they are standing right in front of you! I have never seen a necklace like that though. Very unique.

PMS muchies SUCK. I love that peaceful loss of appetite that follows it up though. At least for me - I lose my appetite with AF arrives.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:29 PM   #85  
One life, live it well

Oh yeah, and Lucas's bone marrow biopsy went well this morning. Amy should have answers by the end of the week. The genetic tests take a few weeks, but they will have an idea once pathology looks at the marrow. It took the IV team 7 tries to get his IV in though. They finally sedated him after the 5th attempt. He's soooo fat.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #86  
Michelle the Vegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori71 View Post
Oh yeah, and Lucas's bone marrow biopsy went well this morning. Amy should have answers by the end of the week. The genetic tests take a few weeks, but they will have an idea once pathology looks at the marrow. It took the IV team 7 tries to get his IV in though. They finally sedated him after the 5th attempt. He's soooo fat.
OMG. The whole IV problems is going to make me faint. I have needle-phobia and am especially terrified of IVs. My heart goes out to the poor kid.
Old 07-29-2008, 05:37 PM   #87  
One life, live it well

Here you can get an idea of how fat he is! He's 10 months and 24 pounds. My 2 dd's on the left and another cousin holding Lucas.

Here's my sister, her husband and Lucas:
Old 07-29-2008, 05:42 PM   #88  
Michelle the Vegan

He's so cute! What an adorable chubmeister!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:44 PM   #89  
One life, live it well

Yeah IV's are rough. He was a dehydrated since he couldn't eat/drink for 12 hours prior to procedure.

I don't usually get queasy with needles (be kinda hard since I'm a lab tech!) BUT - I watched one of the peds I work for insert an Implanon birth control "rod" into a co-workers arm (the nurse who found out she was pregnant after all those nuclear tests she'd had done...) and someone should have prepared me for the gauge of the applicator that they ram up the arm! It's HUGE. I gasped! I felt so bad. I wasn't even the patient and I was shocked!!
Old 07-29-2008, 05:45 PM   #90  
One life, live it well

He's adorable. And so happy. It's rough to think that he probably has this horrible disease.