Old 08-04-2008, 09:20 AM   #181  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Jill--I know how hard it is. I watched my dad after his bypass. I am glad he is up and around and doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
Amy - WTG!!!!

Anna - Yay for Netflix! Boo for the running injury. Are you ok?
Yay, Amy.

It is upper hamstring, not sciatic, which is good. Ice and ibuprofen.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:43 AM   #182  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Good morning, Bluesers! Hope everyone enjoyed their weekend.

I must confess. I did go off-plan yesterday. I'm not really sure why, but I'm right back on-plan today. As long as I keep going, I'm going to win this battle eventually.

MJ - So glad you had fun at the reunion. I'm sure you looked beautiful.
Amy - Congrats on the 250's!
Kim - Congrats on your 21K!
Jill - So glad you Dad made it through the surgery and is on the mend.
Anna - hope your hamstring heals quickly.

I haven't been on the treadmill since Thursday. I really need to get more consistent with the exercise. Hubby and I have decided to join a gym for the weights and for some classes for me. Hopefully, this will make my body shape start to change quicker.

Hope everyone has a great on-plan day!

GO BLUE!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:40 PM   #183  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

First day back to work...so far it hasn't been too bad...still trying to find the top of my desk, but I'll get there!

Kim--Great job on your run!

Jill--So glad to hear your dad is getting up and around!

Rhonda--Great job getting right back on plan today! I think it's great that you and dh are joining a gym.

Hi to everyone else! Have a great on plan day.
Old 08-04-2008, 01:16 PM   #184  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

went to step today. i absolutely love step. i just need to condition myself again. i havent done anything in 2 weeks and im out of shape. Tropical Storm Edourd is heading our way. i love it. i hope it gets strong enough to wash our house away then we would have to definately move, we wouldnt have a choice.
Old 08-04-2008, 04:06 PM   #185  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
Here's a tomato recipe I wanted to share. I've made it twice in two days.

Less Elegant Tomato Salad
We are having tonight.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:49 PM   #186  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

MJ Dont worry about the class mates your proabaly just as cute in your pjs as you are dressed up lol .. im glad you had a great time

Kim 21K! and you beat your time easily your gonna kick some serius butt on your goal time in the race

Jill Its great your dad is up and about.. and pulling through ok.. you are doing amazing.. losing weight when your so stressed out.

Nori im glad lucas is still happy that makes things a little bit easier to bare... grats on the nsv.. of not motional eating.. we are all here for you

Anna Im sorry for your loss and your injury i hope your hamstring ans heart heal soon .

Tawnya if you want to move that much and your hubby has already suggested it.. then what is stopping you?
Old 08-05-2008, 01:57 AM   #187  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Hi my soon-to-be-former Just Beachy fellow competitors,

Like Jennifer, I'm not ready for this to be over. I am encouraged though that i have gained new skills and strengths over this time we had together.

Also, like Rhonda, I went off plan this week-end. It was if AF was here, I scarfed down mixed nuts, crackers and peanut butter on toast. All better now, and that was after 125 days op, so I feel confident I can fall back into good behavior. Today was great and exercise is on target. I do much better too, when I enter it all in on Fit Day. It really helps to see I'm on target to reach my goal weight by April 2009.

However, like Anna, I've injured something in my knee. I've looked it up and as best i can tell it's hamstring tendon inflammation and/or posterior cruciate ligament strain. The outside of my L knee is painful as well as the back of the knee. Sometimes i can't straighten it, but it affects my walking only minorly. I have been using a TENS unit on it and Capsaician cream with fair results. I think it must have been the squats with weights. I put some weights together that each were supposed to be 4.4lbs (2 to a dumbell bar) which I thought was about 10 lbs total. When I checked on the scale, they were actually 15 lbs!!! More elliptical and gentle walking for me I guess.

Yeah, thanks Kelly for your encouragement on the elliptical. That is huge for me. Someday I'll be like the real junkies and even use the arms!!! Here's hoping your parts get here soon. (The ones for your elliptical too, hee hee)

Kim and Jo - you two are the most serious athletes I know. Kim, a 21K - WOW!!! And Jo - you just do, well, everything! You've inspired me to work out both day and night, if I can discipline myself. i like the changes I'm seeing in my body and I know its the exercise. Thanks to you both for your inspiration.

Vix - Now you're talkin!!!! you're rockin' the game now - I know it feels so good.

MJ - Looks like being strong enough to face your fears (reunion) really paid off with all the compliments. The snowball effect is in force - lose weight, get compliments, encouraged to lose more weight, more compliments, etc. Good luck.

And Amy is on her way too, and all she had to do was quit trying so hard. I'm afraid to try that strategy, but hey, whatever floats your boat (and on the booty challenge, you've been to America and back a couple times I think!) Congratulations.

Tawny - you've got me interested in step, though for me, it would have to be at home (live too far out, hubby doesn't like me going to town "just" for that kinda stuff, etc.) But I think I'll look into it. Good luck on "storming" your way outa town.

I took a little side trip today while out working to a Cash 'N Carry in Eugene and bought the DaVinci sugar free flavors. They are awesome!!! No calories, no fat and taste delish! Going to try some in my shake tonight and in my cereal tomorrow. Here's a pic. (Also got a container for the nutritional yeast that should be here tomorrow)

I may not be back in time for my last weigh-in so I'll just call it 25# and be real happy with that. Here's hoping our team gets the rich reward we all deserve - shaplier bodies and winning the Just Beachy Biggest Loser Challenge!!!

Hope to see you all in chats somewhere soon.

Dora
Old 08-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #188  

Height: 5'7"

After having an awesome week last week im struggling today. Im hungry..had eggbeaters and toast for breakfast and im starving..i hate days like this!! I am on my 3rd bottle of water already. Maybe going for a walk will help curve the hungier pains... i truly dont understand my body!! lol
hope everyone has a great day
debi
Old 08-05-2008, 07:14 PM   #189  
Trying it again....

S/C/G: 237/237/145

Height: 5'4"

amy-we just don't have the money to move and we have a house we're trying to sell but needs to be fixed first.

dora-yeah, i absolutely love step. May I ask, what are the flavors for? Can they be added to anything? Are they expensive? Will be working on my letters this week for DH. Thank you again from the both of us. Are you not signing up for the next TBL challenge?

We just got alot of rain and wind. Nothing happened here. Kind of boring. I even got to go grocery shopping. My kids were scared before going to bed last night.

We finally got our Wii. Woohoo!!!! I am so happy. Now to get WiiFit.
Old 08-05-2008, 10:35 PM   #190  
Believing is Seeing

S/C/G: 260/188/150

Height: 5'6"

Amarie - so sorry you're having this tug-of-war with your will and your body. Say, are you still coming to Eugene? We just spent the day there shopping - got a nice MP3 player, a video game, some special face cream and a few Costco items. Hope to see you in a town near me, soon.

Tawnya - the flavors go in anything, they're what they use to make flavored coffees. They were very reasonable -$3.88 each at Cash and Carry. So far I put Butter Rum in my morning Wu Yi tea and Dulce de Leche in my steel cut oats and both were really good. Oh yes, I'm in for the next challenge -which I guess is in September. And your very welcome for any help the letters provided. Good luck in your struggles with the government - but hang in there, it's worth it.

See ya next challenge.

Dora
Old 08-05-2008, 11:03 PM   #191  
Blue Team Member

S/C/G: 297/229/150

Height: 5'5/168cm

well since we are winding up to the end of the challenge i thought it was time to take a new piccy of me.. lol.... hide your eyes... lol

here is back when i started on 3fc

here is the start of this challenge

and this one is today...

heres to the waist line still moving in the same direction... the top is the same.. but my other hand is holding the excess.. lol but the other pants... i cant keep on at all.. they full off as quick as i put them on.. .. lol.. they were a 22 .. the others are an 18.. .. . sorru about the back ground.. its wnter heres.. this is the only way i can dry washing.. lol ..

so there you go.. i hope your not blind now... lmao..
Old 08-06-2008, 12:28 AM   #192  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Dora- those sugar free syrups look good, interesting flavors, german chocolate! OMG, that would be good in coffee.

AMY - YOU LOOK GREAT, thanks for posting your pics, you look so different. Your legs are teeny tiny and everything is so much smaller. You should post them in the mini goal section!
Old 08-06-2008, 07:17 AM   #193  

Height: 5'7"

amy_ wow your pictures sure show a big difference. you are doing great!!

well I was the biggest loser last week...but the award should be taken away with how bad i did yesterday. Im up 3lbs this morning...not sure why I did so bad.
oh well today is a new day and im back OP.
hope everyone has a good day
debi
Old 08-06-2008, 07:52 AM   #194  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgramie View Post
amy_ wow your pictures sure show a big difference. you are doing great!!

well I was the biggest loser last week...but the award should be taken away with how bad i did yesterday. Im up 3lbs this morning...not sure why I did so bad.
oh well today is a new day and im back OP.
hope everyone has a good day
debi

I can't remember if I congratulated you on your win last week (brain fart!) so...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! WHOO HOO!!!!!!

I'm sure it is water weight from yesterday, hang in there and be strict today and it will drop!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 08-06-2008 at 07:59 AM.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 AM   #195  
NROL4W-Stage 5

S/C/G: 207/148.5/125

Height: 5'1.25"

Talking

Morning Everyone

This is the last week of the challenge. It's a little sad for me as I know some of you won't be returning for the next challenge. I hope you guys still chime in from time to time to keep us motivated This challenge has been great for me cuz it has given me what I was unable to do myself - accountability and motivation. You guys have been such an inspiration. Yes, I slipped and fell few times (only human eh!) but I was able to jump back on track cuz of all of your support and seeing your dedication to achieving your goal. I will be returning for the next challenge and will kick it up a notch for myself

to all of you on the team!!!
Especially Chelle for doing all the hardwork and keep track of all the records. (Well, also getting me hooked to Twilight )

Last edited by pintobean; 08-06-2008 at 07:56 AM.