Old 04-28-2008, 06:38 PM   #136  

S/C/G: Size 26/22/8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuliaHood View Post
And how do you cook okra?
I'd steam and maybe serve with salsa

Last edited by cheetara; 04-28-2008 at 06:39 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 PM   #137  
Laurie

Height: 5'8"

That sounds good Cheetara. I think I'll make that later in the week. Man are we ever having weird weather here in Illinois. We've had sun, rain, snow and sleet today. And tonight it's supposed to frost. Weird I'm tellin ya. Anyway, leftovers tonight for dinner. Made a pork roast with lots of carrots, mushrooms, green pepper and onion for dinner last night so will finish that up tonight. Then I'll go downstairs and do the eliptical since I can't go walking. Maybe tomorrow the weather will decide if it's winter or spring here. Hope you all have a wonderful evening. I'll be back in the morning.

Last edited by chiquita623; 04-28-2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:43 PM   #138  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf2110 View Post
So what plan is everyone following?
I have done WW for many years, but points made me crazy... I'm doing Intuitive Eating now, but with an emphasis on whole foods. I basically eat the same as I did on Core, but with more bread/tortillas/real cheese. I splurge less if I don't have a set allowance for it.

Last edited by cheetara; 04-28-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:44 PM   #139  

Quote:
Originally Posted by [QUOTE=chiquita623 View Post
Man are we ever having weird weather here in Illinois. We've had sun, rain, snow and sleet today. And tonight it's supposed to frost. Weird I'm tellin ya.
Yikes! It's in the 90s here!. I had to cut my walk in half because I couldn't take the heat.

Last edited by cheetara; 04-28-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:48 PM   #140  

Oh! and I would add some Italian seasoning to the CP pizza... Or you can sub whatever marinara/cheese you like.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:49 PM   #141  

Quote:
Originally Posted by caitbeans View Post
Question- does everyone here count calories or do WW- etc. I have found that limiting things REALLY cause me to binge. I have always had a binge eating problem so it really doesn't help matters. I find that if I listen to my body- I tend to eat less so this is what I am going to concentrate on- anyone else do this with success?
Same here. Core was much easier than flex, but I prefer Intuitive Eating now... at least until I start plateauing and then I will do flex to jumpstart me. Are you part of the Intuitive Eating thread?

Last edited by cheetara; 04-28-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:27 PM   #142  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxulcmnky View Post
how can i get more protein in my diet?
Whey protein powder for smoothies is great! Add it with fruit and blend it up, you can't even tell that it used to be a dairy product! Low allergen response too for most people...you can find lactose free varieties if that is an issue.

I also use lots of chicken, and dairy, and egg beaters along with a whole egg, lower fat and additional protein.

....still catching up on the thread before I introduce myself
Old 04-28-2008, 07:28 PM   #143  

S/C/G: 170/162/136

Height: 5'5

someone care to explain intuitive eating?
Old 04-28-2008, 08:13 PM   #144  

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurf2110 View Post
someone care to explain intuitive eating?
It's from this book. Basically, you just try to eat right and listen to your body. I actually don't have the book yet (finally "ordered" it thru Bookmooch), but from what I understand, it's like the secular version of the Weigh Down.

I'm also a HUGE fan of The Beck Diet Solution. Not a diet, just cognitive-behavioral tools to help keep you on track.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:24 PM   #145  

Hi All,
Looks like the Black Team is going strong, I'm happy to see so many familiar face and enthusiastic new faces. I have a big tendancy to get lazy so I'll need you all to get after me to get moving.

happy2bme-- Jack came to us after being dumped ( we live in the country) and he had been attacked by something that tore his tail up badly so it ended up being amputated, he lost his claws a year latter because he liked to attack my daughter's long blond hair in the middle of the night. The teeth from infection a year later, probibly due to malnutricion as a kitten. He really hates the vet now, but thinks he is in cat heaven with a tendancy to gain too much weight if we let him.
My dig was at the Hudson-Meng Bison Kill site in NW Nebraska

Diva--I'll miss being your teammate, but keep posting here too so we can keep up with you, but don't feel too bad when Black beats the Red team

Caitbeans--I've been trying to listen to my body too, I have a tendancy to not write things down or else to want anything I tell myself i can't have. I'm also finding out that if I give myself time without something i tend to binge on then I don't want it anymore, sometimes just 1 or 2 days is enough. A dr also told me that exercise is the only way I could lose weight, she said that I could never get my calories down enough to lose because my metabolism would just shut down, so I need to keep walking.

Anne--I loved reading about your journey, I left a job i didn't like several years ago and finished my degree, I don't make as much money but have never regreted a minute of it. You will love going back.

And for everyone else GREAT JOB!!!!!, I'm running out of time so need to get going.

Work out music varies from celtic and sea chanties to Springsteen and Mellencamp and various things in between. I like walking outdoor so I can sing along as loud as I want and no one knows ( I walk in the country, just me and the birds)
Old 04-28-2008, 09:03 PM   #146  

Height: 5'8"

HOLY COW!!!

How am I going to keep up with this thread? This is one fast moving thread...

Goals? I would like to lose 20-30 pounds and really increase my cardio. I am good at exercising regularly but don't really care for cardio...sigh...well, Oprah does it and hates it so I can, too! right?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #147  
Crunchy hippy mama

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Height: 5'4

WOW ok this si gonna be hard to keep up with!!

My goal for this is to lose at least 20 lbs and to run for 2 minutes without stopping. They may seem like small goals, but I would rather over shoot them then fail to meet them.
Old 04-28-2008, 10:33 PM   #148  
Crunchy hippy mama

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Height: 5'4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonia View Post
Goals? I would like to lose 20-30 pounds and really increase my cardio. I am good at exercising regularly but don't really care for cardio...sigh...well, Oprah does it and hates it so I can, too! right?
I hated cardio at first also. The bikes, omg I hate the bikes. But I love to jog and run now. I can not go for very long at a time, but I do love it.

Try a different cardio then you are doing now. I'm sure you can find SOMETHING you can love (or just deal with lol)
Old 04-28-2008, 10:49 PM   #149  

S/C/G: 278/267.2/180

Height: 5'7"

Hi gals,

My weigh-ins are on Mondays because I am also doing the TBL challenge at the fitness center. It started four weeks ago and as of tonight, I've lost 10 pounds.

For this challenge, I've posted my weight and for my first week, I'm down 1.8 pounds. I am so stoked (been watching too much LA Ink) about having losses now for four weeks in a row. So rad!

As far as eating plan, this time around I'm doing something a little different. Since I am in my late forties and have experienced the perimenopause gain (20+ pounds over last 3 years) and have fought for three years now to reverse that, I am doing what my doctor recommended. I am doing South Beach phase II. I skipped the phase I. I spent two weeks recording everything I ate and used Calorie King to help me figure out where I was getting in too many calories. I target around 1500 per day. Once I started paying attention to where I get in too much added sugar, it has made a difference. By focusing on a SB way of eating, I am not having to track everything I eat. So far it is working because it feels more like a way of life that DH and I will be able to sustain as opposed to a "diet". The other key to success is having planned, packed snacks. That has helped break the afternoon snickers bar habit. We do eat out about once a week and I do have a splurge meal or dessert too which has helped keep the cravings in check. Lots of sweat inducing cardio is also making a difference. As DH pointed out tonight, he knows I have worked out hard when I come home and the back of my hair is soaked. Seems like a good barometer for intensity to me!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:00 PM   #150  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Hey Black Team!

Ready to LOSE a quarter of myself Gonna walk, jog, lift weights and stretch and eat right to do it!

I see alot of vegetables on the "refuse" lists that are very good when prepared correctly! Maybe we can have a TRY a new vegetable week challenge? Share some recipes and see if our taste buds have changed?

Looking fwd to chattin' with y'all...

Accent: I sound like a West Coast dweller, I Waaash, not Worsh

Best Friend: Female: Kat, for over 24 years, since we were 16, Male: My DH

Chore I hate: Packing or unpacking...but I love to travel

Dad's name: Don

Essential make-up product: MAC powder

Favorite perfume: Yardley lavender

Gold or silver? silver or white gold or platinum

Interesting fact: I am a Byzantine Chanter

Job title: Office Manager

Kids: 0 so far...

Living arrangements: House in the city sorta in the older burbs

Mom's birthplace: California girl

Number of apples eaten in the last week: 2

Overnight hospital stays: a few, the worst for a broken ankle surgery when I was 18-OW!

Phobia: That my house will catch on fire

Question you ask yourself a lot: Now what?

Religious affiliation: Orthodox Christian

Siblings: one brother

Time I wake up: 8:30....later if I can possibly get away with it!

Unnatural hair color: natural is dark brown, sometimes I add reddish brown

Vegetable I refuse to eat: canned peas or any greens that are over cooked or mushy

Worst habit: trying to squeeze in one more thing before I leave...which of course, makes me LATE!

X-tra info? Have a cute little Welsh Corgi named Sophia

Yummy food I make: All of it! LOVE to cook, won't eat it if it is not delish!

Zodiac sign:
Proud LEO