Old 04-28-2008, 11:08 PM   #151  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCdn View Post
I workout at home. Partly because I already had the treadmill so it seemed silly originally to go somewhere else to workout. Also, I break it up during the day (don't think I could do 2 hours at once, but broken up today it was relatively easy). The 70lbs was the easier one. The 30lb dumbbell shoulder presses almost did me in (my left arm is slightly weaker and I didn't think I would make those last few reps). The concept of the program is to increase the weights with every workout... but I'm not sure how Friday will go. Although technically since I did 27.5 / 27.5 and 30 today as long as I do two sets of 30 on Friday that would be good. Usually I try to do the first sets with the highest weight from last time and then bump the weight up for the last set. I'm not sure if that will be possible on Friday. I've just got used to this set of exercises, and after next week they'll change. Oh well, I suppose that's the fun part.
That's a good idea to break cardio up to smaller bits...I did something like that today, too: I did 32 minutes in the morning and then another 15 minutes in the afternoon (stationary bike). I would have been bored to tears if I would have done 45 minutes straight! Wow...you did it!!!! Way to go!!!! I'm impressed, that is a lot of weight. What was the lifting book that you said you read and follow?
Old 04-28-2008, 11:33 PM   #152  
Future Wonder Woman

S/C/G: 248/see ticker/145

chiquita: wow, that is so different than it was here today in Southern Cali...I can't even remember what it was like to have that weather. It was so fricking hot here today...I could have used some cool weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralee21 View Post
My goal for this is to lose at least 20 lbs and to run for 2 minutes without stopping. They may seem like small goals, but I would rather over shoot them then fail to meet them.
Lauralee, those sound like great goals to me! I would love to be able to run for even a minute without stopping.

TerriInMO: congrats on the weight loss!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manick View Post
I see alot of vegetables on the "refuse" lists that are very good when prepared correctly! Maybe we can have a TRY a new vegetable week challenge? Share some recipes and see if our taste buds have changed?
I think that is a great idea! I am in if you all want to start that. Now that summer is coming, there will be lots of new veggies around at the farmers markets.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:46 PM   #153  
Freedom in living

S/C/G: ?/ticker/180

Height: 5'2"

I am in for the Try a NEW veggie challenge! My kids wont know what hit them! I can just see the faces now!
Old 04-28-2008, 11:53 PM   #154  
Crunchy hippy mama

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Height: 5'4

Doing a "try a new veggy" challenge sounds great!

I cooked fresh corn tonight. Oh it was so good! I love the summer for fresh foods.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:16 AM   #155  
Mind over platter

S/C/G: 215/195/144

Height: 5'5"

Fun! We'll see if we have enough interest to start a thread for our veggie prep or do it as part of this chat and report in...

LOL re the kids, Julia, they might be surprised...?

Who else wants to be challenged to try a new veggie??

I can't WAIT for farmer's markets! They start May 1st here and in a couple of weeks we are going to plant a garden too, at least tomatoes and peppers, and I will get the herb pots going on the deck.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:23 AM   #156  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

Hmm, OK, I'm gonna fill out this about me thing a little late...

Accent: New England-y, I guess, but I sound a bit more like a Midwesterner when I'm at school.

Best Friend: Rachel

Chore I hate: Unpacking, definitely!

Dad's name: Chris

Essential make-up product: Maybelline Great Lash mascara

Favorite perfume: Victoria's Secret Very Sexy for her

Gold or silver? either

Interesting fact: I speak Italian reasonably well.

Job title: College student until June

Kids: Nope

Living arrangements: On-campus apartment

Mom's birthplace: Massachusetts

Number of apples eaten in the last week: 0

Overnight hospital stays: none

Phobia: Tornados

Question you ask yourself a lot: What did I come in this room to do?

Religious affiliation: United Church of Christ

Siblings: 3 sisters, 2 brothers

Time I wake up: Depends when my classes start for the day

Unnatural hair color: Natural blonde, never dyed it (except an unfortunate incident involving comb-in highlights when I was 12, and 2 temporary pink streaks when I was 15)

Vegetable I refuse to eat: Raw onions

Worst habit: Procrastination

X-tra info? I have a pet chinchilla named Albus.

Yummy food I make: Um... salad? I can't cook.

Zodiac sign: Libra (the scales, how fitting...)
Old 04-29-2008, 12:26 AM   #157  
Crunchy hippy mama

S/C/G: 260/260/200

Height: 5'4

I have my tomatos and peppers other plants in the ground here. this is my first year growing anything so I hope it does well!

Went to the local farmers market a week ago. I think we will wait till next month to go back thou, there was not much in the way of produce there.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:33 AM   #158  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Thumbs up

Hi again teamies.... been reading up on the posts and holy moly we got a lot going on here! I am sneaking some quiet time and wanted to catch up but will obviously need more time to get a good load of personals in. So for now I'll just say
  • Hotter than Hades here too today. Southern Cal, by Palm Springs, and the Forestry Department is on the prowl.... had my 18 year old weed-wacking the hillside to get them off my back.
  • Veggie challenge sounds good. My BF is the cook, the only thing I make turns out to be black, with gravy everytime. When I'm in it, my kitchen is dubbed "the Burn Center". I would love to pass on some of BF's delish stuff though and give him idea from everyone here~
  • I (like Manik) am also looking forward to losing a quarter of myself! Preferably off of my butt and gut, not my mind
  • Crockpot pizza? I'll have to hunt the thread again for details on that one!
So figured I get my questions done too... Apologize in advance for taking up so much thread space

Accent: Something like the Queen from Alice in Wonderland but only when I'm drinking .

Best Friend: female: Laura, 31 years (since we were 5) male: my boyfriend and lifetime fishing partner - Jeff

Chore I hate: Cat box

Dad's name: Mark

Essential make-up product: Mascara - Blonde eye lashes make me look like an albino

Favorite perfume: BLACK - Kenneth Cole how appropriate!

Gold or silver? silver

Hometown: Hemet - more affectionately known as "The dirt"

Interesting fact: I LOVE bass fishing

Job title: Management Analyst

Kids: mine-18 his-8,6,3

Living arrangements: Queen of the hill with BF, DS(18) a dog and 2 cats

Mom's birthplace: My hometown

Number of apples eaten in the last week: In the form of pie?

Overnight hospital stays: 2, c-setion

Phobia: bees and anything that can fly faster than I can run

Question you ask yourself a lot: Wait, what was I doing

Religious affiliation: Christian

Siblings: 1 younger sister

Time I wake up: 4:30am when I smell BF's making coffee

Unnatural hair color: Strawberry blonde by nature but constantly playing in blondes and dark reds.

Vegetable I refuse to eat: cant think of any

Worst habit: smoking (I know, I know)

X-tra info? I'm a carboholic

Yummy food I make: Spaghetti from scratch. Its the only thing I can get right in the kitchen (Thanks mom!)

Zodiac sign: Cancer

Welp, hopefully I passed the test. Hope you all have a great night and I look forward to winning this thing with the BLACK TEAM!
Old 04-29-2008, 12:44 AM   #159  
Choose your hard

S/C/G: Stuck/Working on it/Good 2 Go

Height: Fun Size

Hey fabulous Black Team members –

Random thoughts from a crazed woman…

I’m so in for the try a new veggie challenge – great idea!

Love your banner smurf2110

As far as the question on calorie counting – I’m doing WW Flex. My biggest downfall is the fail to plan/plan to fail thing. I used to listen to the leaders who spent Sunday’s planning, shopping and coming home and chopping and portioning everything out. Was thinking to myself – no way. But I do find that if I don’t have these things handy, I will grab whatever is around and sometimes even when I think I’m making a decent choice, when I add up the points, it’s more than I’d want to allot. So I have become a planning convert to the point when I make up menus for each day.

Vanetta and Diva – please feel free to drop in any time you like – we’re all friends here

ggmugsy – loved Miranda Lambert on Nashville Star – looking forward to the new season soon

Anne – you are a real testament to the power of using weights. I think you’ve inspired me to go look in the closet and find my dumbbells. Congrats on your successes to date!

Terri – about the singing along on the treadmill – I do it all the time – and I DON’T have a singing voice so it’s way worse when no one can hear the music.

I can relate to a lot of what people have written so far – particularly in the questions you ask yourself. Guess we’re different but all the same too in ways.

I think we have a great team this time around and we’re going to just blow the other teams away. But don’t let them hear that – there’s a lot of power in letting your opponents under-estimate you.

Now everyone off to bed and get a good night’s sleep.
Old 04-29-2008, 01:00 AM   #160  
I heart 3FC

S/C/G: 210/197/135

Height: 5'2" Age: 28

OK, this is a little random, but cheetara, I just wanted to say that I love your username/avatar, because I love all things '80s. And Cheetara is clearly the best of the Thundercats.

Now, yes, I am off to bed, happy.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:36 AM   #161  

S/C/G: 231/ticker/176

Height: 5' 10.5"

Language: Croatian
Best Friend: Lea
Chore I hate: vacuuming (my boyfriend does it instead of me, I'm so lucky )
Dad's name: Leo
Essential make-up product: mascara, although I don't wear too much make-up, and I don't wear it every day
Favorite perfume: Laura Biagiotti Sotto Voce - I just love this one, but it's discontinued
Gold or silver? silver
Hometown: Dubrovnik, Croatia
Interesting fact: geek chick and an every geek guy's dream (that's what I've been told )
Job title: no job, still a student
Kids: nope, still too young, but one day I guess
Living arrangements: bf and I live together in his apartment
Number of apples eaten in the last week: 3, I think
Overnight hospital stays: when I was 6 I had meningitis so I had to stay for a week at the hospital, and last september when I vommited all day and I was so exausted that couldn't even stand on my two feet, so my bf rushed me to the ER...next day I was ok
Question you ask yourself a lot: What would life be if I was thin and beautiful?
Religious affiliation: catholic turned agnostic
Siblings: 2 younger sisters
Time I wake up: 7-8 am
Unnatural hair color: when I was 13 I dyed my hair dark red, at 15 my hair was bright red,at 16 dark purple/black and than red again, at 17 it was black, at 19 I dyed my bangs red and all the rest black (it looked so sool, at 20 it was dark brown, and now at 21 it's my natural honey-brown I figured it would be nice to see my natural hair color before I got grey hairs
Vegetable I refuse to eat: I hate zucchinis but I eat them anyways
Worst habit: watching TV afref lunch and than falling asleep
X-tra info? I'm 21, studying biology, have a ton of exams, been overweight since birth, first thing my parents comment when I come home for hollidays is my weight, have a great boyfriend for 2.5 years now, have a great family I love, and everything is great I don't have many friends though
I had a few friends before I started dating my boyfriend, but I never had the bestest friend, a friend I could tell my secrets to and who will love me for who I really am
Yummy food I make: pancakes and grilled chicken breasts
Zodiac sign: Capricorn
Old 04-29-2008, 06:38 AM   #162  
Gone, baby, gone

S/C/G: 274/212.6/134

Height: 5'1"

Oh heavens, this is one fast moving thread, so I'm sorry if i don't address people individually.

I'm a WW Flexer - no calorie counting for me, it seems like too much work, and I'll be 100% honest - I'm lazy.

I'm all for a veggie challenge - I really want to learn how to cook eggplant!

And, first weigh-in was yesterday, and down 3.2! To celebrate, I amped up my daily work-out from 30 mins to 45!
Old 04-29-2008, 07:43 AM   #163  

S/C/G: 235/150.5/145

GOOD MORNING TEAM! Man o Man am I tired this morning, I coulda just pulled the covers over my head and slept til noon, ok we'll maybe not noon but at least nine. I think a fruits and veggie challenge would be great, whether we do Souls OUTOFTHEBOX, or we do a new f/v each day.

Soul-hows the nsv challenge going?

Ceegee-Here I figured you and John woulda used up all those extra calories

Cheetera-WOW! Bungee jumping I don't think I could ever do that. I'm too much of a chicken!

Kim-it helps when those around you are eating healthy. I work with a bunch of guys who like to eat from the vending machine or eat out...its a constant struggle to stay op

TerriinMO-OOOOHHH! I love Meatloaf, I even got my DD hooked on him. Paradise by the Dashboard has got to be one of my alltime favs.

Cait-I do calorie counting. I keep track of it at TDP because otherwise I tend to underestimate what I'm eating. I've always liked cc because nothing is off limits.... you CAN have your cake and eat it too.

Chiquita-LOL! How lucky are you working with MR and MRS Loads of FUN! I don't get to work with them but I get to work with Dr. Jekyl and Mrs Hyde, there's some days I'd just like to go over and punch her...but that would lead to a 3 day suspension.

Trooworld- Gotta Love Prince!

RealCdn-WOW! What a story, I'm glad you're better and have chosen to make this a lifestyle more than a diet! You are an inspiration keep up the hard work!

Mugsy-Gunpowder is a great song, my current fav is James Otto's Just started Loving you, his voice is outta this world, almost as amazing as Josh Tuner's voice but not quite.

pintamino-Whats a fandom?

Ok well I best get my hiney in gear or I'm not gonna get my exercise in this morning! My goals for this challenge are: lose 20lbs, limit sodas to one a day, avoid the vending machine, and to run 3 miles non stop.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:13 AM   #164  
Make it to the moon...

S/C/G: 5/8/19: 319/254.0/150.0

Little frustrated with the BF who apparently got hungry sometime late last night and decided to eat my lunch for today!!! I threw some bagged lettuce in a container and grabbed a lean cuisine pizza... but I was really looking forward to my homemade low-cal pasta and homemade salsa with chips... he ate all of it!!!
Old 04-29-2008, 08:17 AM   #165  
Vegetarian Cal Counting

S/C/G: 269/Ticker/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by OolongFormosa View Post
I figured it would be nice to see my natural hair color before I got grey hairs
That's where I am right now too. I was so excited when all the highlights and color grew out. I'm going to enjoy not having to keep up with any dying until the gray starts to show up. As soon as that happens I will be dying it