Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Our 8th anniversary is Tuesday!
Yay!! Happy Anniversary!!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #32  
Just keep moving ...

S/C/G: 241/238/140

Height: Just short enough (aka 5'4")

Hiya Team!

I'm so excited to meet everyone, and a special shout-out to my bud Francie I'm excited we are on this team together girlie!

I'm new to the challenges and am very excited to be here with you all! Go Blue! I will be celebrating the first anniversary of my 29th birthday in July, and soon after will be moving to Oregon to start studying for my PhD. I am single with three VERY furry dog-kids. Right now I don't have a lot of hobbies, what with school and work, but am doing the C25K to get back into running.

* What do you prefer to be called? Amarie
* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Calorie Counting - 1200-1600 cals a day, (shooting for 1500, but NO LESS THAN 1200!), WRITE EVERYTHING DOWN! Run, walk, bike.
* How can we help you acheive your goals? Ask me if I journaled and got out for my run!
* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? I find everybody's experiences to be motivating and inspirational. Just being you (plural) will help me so much!
I look forward to getting to know you all! And yes, it is VERY clear that we are so going to take this challenge! Yay blue!

Last edited by Amarie2pt0; 04-28-2008 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:09 PM   #33  

S/C/G: HW-300.2 GW-<175

Height: 5' 5.75"

Hi all! I am Billie and I have an obesity problem. I'm 32 years old, married for nearly 7 years. I am a SAHM to 3.5 year old twins and my DH is out of town 3-5 days a week. I live in rural Northern Michigan, at least for now. That about sums it up.

* What do you prefer to be called? zinke or zinkemom
* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? I plan to stay under 2000 calories and at least 5 days of exercise a week. I also plan on eliminating my afternoon snacking.
* How can we help you achieve your goals? I'm with onthetee here. BEATINGS!!! Seriously. Someone needs to get after my a$$ every day since the kids don't do a very good job and DH isn't here.
* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? I love the QOTD and daily challenges. What I really need is someone to drag me out of bed before the kids wake up to workout together. I would love to be able to do the gym thing but it just isn't feasible for many reasons.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:18 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Jillian had Ali on her radio program, going to listen tonight but thought some you might want to as well. You can listen free on at:

http://2005.kfi640.com/pages/jillian.html
Old 04-27-2008, 08:20 PM   #35  
lost in translation

S/C/G: gw: 125

Height: almost 5'4

Hi ladies! I'm usually a bit of a lurker, so I am very excited about competing in a challenge and becoming more involved in the forums!

I'm a 23-year-old Atlanta native who moved to DC in early February to be with my fiance who moved up here in September for law school (we've been together since we were 16). I'm working in a public library and weighing whether I want to go back to school for a library science degree or go all out and apply for phd programs in literature and linguistics.

* What do you prefer to be called? Maria

* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Counting calories (avg. 1600) and trying to make sure I manage to eat from all the food groups every day. That last part probably sounds strange, but I have a history of extremely disordered eating (anorexic at 12, years of binging and purging) and I find balance to be tough. I can "forget" to eat meat or fruit for weeks and not even notice. Also, walk or jog 6 days a week and strength train 2-3x a week.

* How can we help you acheive your goals? I tend to feel awkward about posting sometimes, so just scold me if I disappear for a while-- I am probably still reading!

* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? not that I can think of atm! I am super excited about this challenge!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:24 PM   #36  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Jillian had Ali on her radio program, going to listen tonight but thought some you might want to as well. You can listen free on at:

http://2005.kfi640.com/pages/jillian.html
Thanks for posting this!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:41 PM   #37  
It's a life long struggle

S/C/G: 230/ticker/150

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Hi all! I am Billie and I have an obesity problem. I'm 32 years old, married for nearly 7 years. I am a SAHM to 3.5 year old twins .[/COLOR]
I have twins too, mine are 4. Have you heard of www.gottwinz.net

Last edited by momof4girls; 04-27-2008 at 08:41 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #38  
Made of Starstuff

Boy is this place hopping already or what?! This is most excellent ^^

So, howdy all! I'm excited to be on this most awesome of teams Woo-hoo for Blue!

I'm a n00b to this challenge, but I'm looking forward to connecting with people, hearing about everyone's lives and efforts and hopefully helping out when I can. I've got a lot of stress at the moment (who doesn't, really?) and just want a little extra accountability. I don't have a number goal in mind for the end of the challenge, I just want to be able to continue losing weight during this period of time.

So then. I'm 24, born & raised in Connecticut. I'm engaged to be married in October and will then be moving to Massachusetts where I will hopefully be going back to university to get a degree & find something that I'd truly like to do with my life. I work in a sedentary position, but it pays the bills. I enjoy a lot of Sci-fi and Fantasy. I'm a casual gamer. (It's not a curse word to me!) I've participated in my share of D&D & Heroes games as well as video & online games. I truly enjoy being a jack of all trades sort. I love to find something about every genre of everything in the world that I can enjoy. I think it's because I just like to talk! I love learning new things. I'm just on this ride of life to become a better person

The Q&A:
- What do you prefer to be called?
Faerie is just fine, but I know it can be a bit awkward to type out, so don't hesistate to use plain ol' "F" or Fae if needed.

- We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan?
I'm a meeting-going WW member following the Flex Points Plan. I'm trying to slowly increase my use of non-processed foods. As for exercise, I walk during my breaks at work, and I also use the treadmill after work or during lunch breaks to get in at least 30 minutes. I'm building up to jogging/running by slowly following the C25K plan. It'll probably take more time for me than the plan they have laid out, but I'm working on it, and feeling good. On the weekends, I enjoy taking walks and/or doing my yoga video & book.

- How can we help you achieve your goals?
- Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning?
These last two flow together for me, so I'll just answer them together. I think that just by having these group chats, it'll help me to stay on track. I'm not shy about asking for help when I feel I need it.

Separately, I'd like to throw it out there, that if anyone needs anything from me they should never hesitate to send me a PM or whatnot.

Well then, everyone. That's that! I'm very optimistic about this! And of course, GO BLUE!

Old 04-27-2008, 08:48 PM   #39  

S/C/G: 287/258/180

Height: 5ft 4in

Default What team am I on?

Hey I asked to be signed up for this challenge, but I have not heard anything more... Can someone help me, please.

Dawn
Old 04-27-2008, 08:51 PM   #40  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hey! We have 2 Fran/Francie/Frances' here this time thanks to Shopaholic. So this is my FIFTH challenge! OK, maybe I shouldn't be admitting that.......I'm the rainbow member: blue, red, black, blue, blue.

I'm doing calorie counting, exercise via cardio & weight lifting, after learning the hard way. I've had great losses of 20-30 lbs only to see my dear friends come back with their roommates after trying protein smoothie and other liquid plans, ultra low-cal plans, etc. Finally, this last time, it occurs to me to do it this way and not the "glam" way, if that makes sense. Diet with the plan that looks like maintenance if you ever want to get to maintenance.

I'll be doing cardio 6x/wk and wl 2x/wk, so I won't post about it all at the risk of sounding boring and repetitive. I'm also reading Bob Harper's book, so look for me on the book discussion thread that's up one level from this forum.

Happy to be boarding the blue carpet once again! Welcome to all our newbies, howdy friends to all continuing on the journey.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #41  
The Sky is the Limit!

S/C/G: 227/ticker/145

Height: 5'6"

Default Need help too!

Hey blue teamers.... I signed up (on time - post #70), weighed in (on time, post #119) and did not get placed on a team. Scoured all three team lists over and over thinking I was missing something. Since Chellez is the queen of the Blue's thought I would post here to see if there were any reasons I would have been left unassigned? Figured I would post here as well as PM'd her. DYING to know what team I'm on. EXCITED to start the challenge... and apologizing for butting in to your new team thread. Help!
Old 04-27-2008, 08:56 PM   #42  
Lovin' Zumba!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinkemomx2 View Post
Hi all! I am Billie and I have an obesity problem. I'm 32 years old, married for nearly 7 years. I am a SAHM to 3.5 year old twins and my DH is out of town 3-5 days a week. I live in rural Northern Michigan, at least for now. That about sums it up.
Hey Zinke - do you mind my asking where you live? I went to Michigan Tech in Houghton! I loved my 4 years up there - now I don't think downstate MI or here in upstate NY ever gets enough snow!
Cindy
Old 04-27-2008, 08:57 PM   #43  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me_Amarie View Post
Hiya Team!

I'm so excited to meet everyone, and a special shout-out to my bud Francie I'm excited we are on this team together girlie!

YAY!!! I'm excited we're on the team together too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportmom View Post
Hey! We have 2 Fran/Francie/Frances' here this time thanks to Shopaholic.
Thats so awesome!! I hardly ever meet anyone with the same name as me, lol.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:58 PM   #44  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dscheppke View Post
Hey I asked to be signed up for this challenge, but I have not heard anything more... Can someone help me, please.

Dawn
Hi Dawn! Just check out the different team lists at the top of the main TBL page and find your screenname then you will know your team and just start posting in you teams weight and chat threads.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:59 PM   #45  

S/C/G: high285/resrart276/ticker/140

Height: 5'3"

First of all HI!! I will answer Tee's questions and then I will tell you a bit about myself!

What do you prefer to be called? You can call me Fawn or Sommer.. either works for me.

We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? I'm a calorie counter, right now it's 1600 a day, drinking lots and lots of water, and also exercising for at least 30 minutes every day.

How can we help you acheive your goals? Just remind me that the weight didn't come on over night, it sure isn't going to just pack it's bags and leave over night.

Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? If I start complaining about what hubby is making me do, remind me that I asked him to do it! I have "employed" him as my pusher/personal trainer.

Ok, here goes.. I'm Sommer, also known as Fawn. I'm a 31 year old homeschooling mom to 3 kids and adoring wife to one fabulous husband! Our kids are 9, 3 and 2 and are a boy, a girl and another boy. They are all Christmas time babies.. with the two youngest being a year and a day apart! Hubby and I have been married for 4 1/2 years. He truely is my best friend and I don't know where I would be without him! We live just outside of a small town and love being out where there is no hustle and bustle. We dream of owning a self sustaining ranch, but really it is a dream and will most likely live here on our mountain forever... but Montana and Wyoming call us ever so gently.

I enjoy spending time with my family, monster trucks.. well trucks in general , camping, knitting, crocheting, surfing the net and watching my kids learn new things.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Let's kick some booty!!!