Old 04-28-2008, 12:12 PM   #121  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
I have 3 boxers (which one is still a puppy and we're now having pooping problems with him).
Let me know if you ever find the magic solution to the pooping problem! We have 2 pups, and Bowser (the male) is a machine--NEVER has accidents in the house. Bean (our female), on the other hand, spend her time outside chewing on grass and flowers and dirt and whatever else she can find. It doesn't seem to matter if we have her outside for 5 minutes or 25 minutes or if we stay on our lawn where she pees and sometimes poops or if we walk around the neighborhood--she almost always poops IN the house after we come back in. It's very frustrating, and our trainer's suggestion was to crate her if she didn't poop. Well, I feel wrong doing that because what if she really just didn't have to poop that time?
Old 04-28-2008, 12:14 PM   #122  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by krjpy View Post
I only have 1 request regarding menu posting ... if you put up something interesting you have to provide the recipe if someone asks about it. I love trying new things, but can never come up with them on my own.
Mine is not interesting, but crazy easy. Three chicken breast, 1 bottle BBQ sauce. Put in crockpot. Walk away. Come back 6 hours later. Shred with fork. Ta da!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkglenn View Post
My husband went to Iraq and came back with PTSD which has been really hard on me and a contribution to my weight gain and difficulty losing.
Wow, that has to be hard on everyone. Thank you for his service and yours.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:19 PM   #123  
TBL Challenge Blue Team

S/C/G: 308/199/175

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
This sounds like my husband! When we met I was 190 and he really liked how I looked even though I didn't. Now when I talk about going down to 170 he's ok with that but If I bring up a number like 150 he thinks I'll be too skinny.

My thinking is that I'll get to 170 and see how it feels!
My DH too thinks women should be curvy, not boney. Which is a good thing since I will NEVER qualift for boney.

Like you, I am shooting for 175 and then will decide from there if I want to look at another 20 lbs or not. I want to see how I feel and look. I am very big boned and even at my smallest adult weight (167), I was a size 6-8. I don't really want to be any smaller than that, but I would love to see an 8 again, but I plan on seeing a 10-12 even if I don't get back to an 8.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:27 PM   #124  
i WANT this...bad

S/C/G: 225/ticker/140

Height: 5'3

GOOD morning BLUESERS!
Jillybean That BBQ chicken is really good, however I used full on pepsi since diet pop makes me sick.

Chellez I like the second breakfast chioce! very nice.. McDonalds is my weakness.. EEK I am proud though I haven't spent any money there or have eaten there in WEEKS which is a NSV for me!

Tyler Durden I do the same thing except for on an exercise ball with my core being worked.
Velveteen I am JEALOUS of you. I wish I was living in Holland. It is the home of my ancestry. <-- doesn't that sound corny.. haha Landed in Amsterdam en route to Germany and that's the closest I've ever been!

I second or third, lol about the menu. It will make me more accountable for my actions. So here is my menu for the day.
B- Egg sandwich with pear on the side and water
S-Grapes and water
L-Leftovers of honey Dijon mustard porkchops and veggies water
S-another Pear and water
Su-casablanca chicken with water.
E- 60 cardio and some weights
Old 04-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #125  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Hi everyone! I haven't read any of the things so far on this thread. I will though! Until then, I'm just saying hiya! And here are my goals for this challenge. I have one. I don't care about how much exercise I do, will try to do some every single day tho, don't care about food or water or anything else. I will eat healthy and move every day. I want to get to 177, my 100 lbs. mark.

I hope to be more enlightened about who I am, not being me as fat or skinny or young or old but ME, who I am without all those labels. (Can you tell I'm reading A New Earth by Eckhart Tolle? It's helping me with all this tremendously! I recommend everyone read this book and take Oprah's classes online, I'm having to do them late but doing them anyway. It is opening my eyes to so much that I needed to see. It's wonderful.)

I can't wait to get to know each of you here. So happy that Chelle and Rhonda and Fran and Dixiedieter and Anna and everyone else from the blue team who is here is back! I'm excited to talk with all the new bluezers too and I hope you enjoy being on the blue team!!!!

Big hugs, and I'll be baaaack!!!

Selina
Old 04-28-2008, 12:31 PM   #126  
i WANT this...bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Let me know if you ever find the magic solution to the pooping problem! We have 2 pups, and Bowser (the male) is a machine--NEVER has accidents in the house. Bean (our female), on the other hand, spend her time outside chewing on grass and flowers and dirt and whatever else she can find. It doesn't seem to matter if we have her outside for 5 minutes or 25 minutes or if we stay on our lawn where she pees and sometimes poops or if we walk around the neighborhood--she almost always poops IN the house after we come back in. It's very frustrating, and our trainer's suggestion was to crate her if she didn't poop. Well, I feel wrong doing that because what if she really just didn't have to poop that time?
Is she a small breed dog. Yes I know the boxers aren't, but I have always found that the smaller breeds are harder to housebreak. I felt horrible doing the kennel thing, but it has helped SOOO much and she doesn't dislike the kennel anymore and it makes it WAY easier when we fly. She will go in and sit in it if she wants to be alone. Dog's are pack animals and most think of the kennel as their den. Although I am not a trainer The kenneling worked for me and I have a min pin who is HELLA stubborn. Good luck
Old 04-28-2008, 12:33 PM   #127  

Height: 5'7"

thanks for the bbq recipes.I love chicken and it sounds great!! I will also try it on pork later in the week.I think i may make mine is in the oven since its very cool here today.
I run an in home day care and its too cool to take the little ones out to play.I got so spoiled with getting to be outside the past few weeks.
Looks like i get to dig in the garden this evening and then cover my plants. We are suppost to get a frost tonight.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:40 PM   #128  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Sephy, yes, she is a small dog. She weighs about 8 pounds (Corgi/Jack Russell/Chihuahua mix--obviously got the Chi end of the stick for size, even though she doesn't look like a Chi). We do crate traing; they each have their own crate/kennel. They stay in there whenever we aren't home and overnight. I just can't justify crating her for not pooping if she doesn't HAVE to poop, ya know? Sometimes she poops right when we get home from work, but sometimes it's not till after she eats her dinner, and sometimes not even until we take them out around 7:30 or 9pm. I've also read numerous times that a crate shouldn't be used for punishment because then it won't be a "safe" place for them, but crating for not pooping seems like punishment to me, especially when she sees her brother out of his crate while she is locked in hers. I'm hoping she'll eventually outgrow it. She doesn't ever pee in the house--she is good about doing that outside (thank goodness, since that's harder to clean up!).

Sorry for all the poop talk, team!
Old 04-28-2008, 12:46 PM   #129  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Sorry for all the poop talk, team!
My rabbit is litter box trained.....sorry, I could not resist the pet poop discussion.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:47 PM   #130  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

All this dog talk makes me want to join in!

We've got a Jack Russell Terrier we picked up from the shelter a few years back and my then 4-year-old named him (big surprise here!) Jack Russell Terrier. We call him Jack. I just spent the past half hour shoveling nasty dog poop out of the melting piles of snow in the back yard. Ick.

Besides the pooping in my herb garden Jack is a great little guy. He's been a good little running buddy for me lately too, though he's so low to the ground that he ends up needing a bath after each run.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:50 PM   #131  

Hi I'm Bryan, Selina's husband. Glad to be here. I never have much time online though so not sure how much I will be able to chat. I will make sure to post once a week since I know that is required.

Look forward to the challenge and good luck to everyone.

Bryan
Old 04-28-2008, 01:00 PM   #132  
Accepting who she is

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasGuy1 View Post
Hi I'm Bryan, Selina's husband. Glad to be here. I never have much time online though so not sure how much I will be able to chat. I will make sure to post once a week since I know that is required.

Look forward to the challenge and good luck to everyone.

Bryan
Welcome, Bryan! We all adored your wife, so I am sure we will love you too!
Old 04-28-2008, 01:01 PM   #133  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Just wait until all these young pooper dogs get old. My really old, big dog lost sensation "back there" and never even knew when he was pooping. He'd be sleeping and pooping at the same time. He was always as surprised by it as we were, and I could tell he felt bad about it. Old age is hard, gee I can't wait for my turn.

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 04-28-2008 at 01:01 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 01:05 PM   #134  
i WANT this...bad

Jillybean Yeah and that's why I'm not a trainer. lol
Old 04-28-2008, 01:19 PM   #135  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I can't resist either....one of our dogs let's us know when either of them need to go out--she'll even 'tell' us if the other one has to go and not her. I'm serious...my dh didn't believe me for the longest time until he witnessed it over and over.