Old 04-28-2008, 02:57 PM   #181  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigGirl View Post
Cranky does not begin to cover it my friend
lmao..well, trust me..when its that time of the month..you dont wanna be around me. Dh seems to disappear whenever it comes around, lol.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:00 PM   #182  

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleBigGirl View Post
When I hit my 50lb. goal I'll be getting my first tattoo. I have it all planed out already. The pain doesn't worry me, I have a high thresh-hold and I already have several peircings.

I was going to get a tattoo for my Onederland goal... which I met on saturday. But now I'm thinking I'll hold off a little longer, mostly because there aren't many good tattoo shops here in town That and the fact that I have no idea where to put it yet! Such a big decision! My first tattoo worked out far better because it was totally impulsive, and i still love it almost 8 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shopaholic
You make corsets??? What is your tattoo gonna be?? What piercings do you have? I wanna get my tongue pierced this summer. And another tattoo too.
Tongue piercing, now THERE's something I never had the guts/pain threshold to try..... None of the piercings I've gotten have taken, my skin starts to grow over the jewelry making for some pretty funny looking tunnels. So I've taken everything out. I wonder what my tongue would do, it doesn't have skin, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
she's awesome! I love it!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #183  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Shopaholic, I used to have my tongue pierced. LOVED it. Easy to hide if you need to and fun to play with when you don't need to hide it. Watch the oral hygiene, though--my college roommate ended up with something like 8 cavities, and her dentist said that was common because the barbel holds more bacteria. The only reason I don't have mine anymore is that when I worked at Ruby Tuesday, I wasn't allowed to wear it, and I got so sick of putting it in and out every day (I tried the little flat plastic plugs--they fell out) that I just left it out.

The reason I liked it most was the shock factor. I've always been such a "good girl" that people's jaws dropped when I got it - and still drop when I tell them I ever had one
Old 04-28-2008, 03:02 PM   #184  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Quote:
Originally Posted by BfL_Cat View Post
Also, wondering about your signatures - how do you get two side-by-side, and how do you center them?
Cindy
Hi Cindy - I am only reading on page 2 so far. I was out of town for the weekend and am soo behind here now! Anyways, maybe someone already answered your question - but I know if you make your tickers at tickerfactory.com you have the option at the very end to make them small and then in your sig you just put [ center]..url's...[ /center] around the url's.

OK, back to reading.

Big shout out to all the returning Blue team members!!! And so happy to see all the new members joining in this round! So glad this is back on!!

Last edited by Nori71; 04-28-2008 at 03:23 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:08 PM   #185  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post
Tongue piercing, now THERE's something I never had the guts/pain threshold to try.....
I was terrified when I got mine done--I don't even like getting a shot or giving blood, let alone putting a hole through my whole tongue! I went with a friend who already had her's done (she took us to the place she got her's) with another friend who was getting it done, too. Before anyone did anything, the first thing I asked the lady was, "Has anyone ever thrown up or passed out from the pain?!" She said people throw up and pass out all the time, but it's really just because they get so worked up about it, not because of the actual pain.

Then she asked if I wanted to go first or if I wanted my friend to go first. I said if my friend went first, and I sat and watched it happen, there was likely no way I would go through with mine So I went first.

It barely hurt at all. Honestly, I think I had more pain just getting my ears pierced. And I'm a big wussy baby when it comes to pain, so it's really not painful!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:12 PM   #186  

S/C/G: 351/ticker/175

Height: 5'9"

Wow! I was on here last night and you people can really post. I've got a lot of reading to do. And I know to check back in more often.

Faerie, You've done a great job for being in this for a year. Keep up the good work!

jillybean, I think it's a great idea to post what we've eaten whether it be here or on a new thread. It's interesting to see what other people eat and helps me to tweak my meals a bit more.

Josephine, Ooooooooo my dog is the same. She's about 17 and just walks around and poop falls out. It's so frustrating because we can have her outside for 1/2 an hour, and she'll come back in and walk and poop. We call her "Walk and Drop" doggie.

Today's food so far,
B - cereal, with a med. banana and 1/2 cup 2% milk
L - Salad greens with 2 oz. ham, 2 oz. cheese, 2 T. Lite Blue Cheese Dressing
D - will be a 4 oz. hamburger patty, 1 c. lite cottage cheese, and a fruit cup

Go Bluesers!!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:13 PM   #187  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
Shopaholic, I used to have my tongue pierced. LOVED it. Easy to hide if you need to and fun to play with when you don't need to hide it. Watch the oral hygiene, though--my college roommate ended up with something like 8 cavities, and her dentist said that was common because the barbel holds more bacteria. The only reason I don't have mine anymore is that when I worked at Ruby Tuesday, I wasn't allowed to wear it, and I got so sick of putting it in and out every day (I tried the little flat plastic plugs--they fell out) that I just left it out.

The reason I liked it most was the shock factor. I've always been such a "good girl" that people's jaws dropped when I got it - and still drop when I tell them I ever had one
Thanks for the advice about the oral hygiene. Can't you clean the barbel?? I know what you mean about being a good girl. I've been one my whole life..and my family was shocked when I got married at 19. And they were shocked even more when I got tattoos on both my wrists. After certain events, they certainly think I'm something else now, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by suitejudyblueeyes View Post

Tongue piercing, now THERE's something I never had the guts/pain threshold to try..... None of the piercings I've gotten have taken, my skin starts to grow over the jewelry making for some pretty funny looking tunnels. So I've taken everything out. I wonder what my tongue would do, it doesn't have skin, right?

I dont really have the pain threshold either..but I really really really wanna do it!! LoL!!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:15 PM   #188  
I was born this way hey!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillybean720 View Post
I was terrified when I got mine done--I don't even like getting a shot or giving blood, let alone putting a hole through my whole tongue! I went with a friend who already had her's done (she took us to the place she got her's) with another friend who was getting it done, too. Before anyone did anything, the first thing I asked the lady was, "Has anyone ever thrown up or passed out from the pain?!" She said people throw up and pass out all the time, but it's really just because they get so worked up about it, not because of the actual pain.

Then she asked if I wanted to go first or if I wanted my friend to go first. I said if my friend went first, and I sat and watched it happen, there was likely no way I would go through with mine So I went first.

It barely hurt at all. Honestly, I think I had more pain just getting my ears pierced. And I'm a big wussy baby when it comes to pain, so it's really not painful!

I hear different things from all of my friends. Some say it hurts, while others say it doesnt. I dunno..for me, it'll probably hurt a lot, lol.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:17 PM   #189  
TBL "JB" Blue Team

S/C/G: 285.1/ticker/155

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
You make corsets??? What is your tattoo gonna be?? What piercings do you have? I wanna get my tongue pierced this summer. And another tattoo too.
Yes I make custom corsets and costumes both for fun and as part of work/school.

I plan on having the Angels and Demons madalion by M. C. Escher done around mid-back between my shoulder blades.

I have three piercing in each ear (planing more), one in my nose, and two bars in the back of my neck, I used to have a belly ring but it just wasn't pretty anymore . I've also thought about a tongue piercing, but my 20lb reward is a sort of upside-down Monroe on the lower left corner of my mouth, just a delicate silver stud. Also I have this fantasy of two pocketed studs at my collarbone connected by a chain with a pendant. Semi-permanent necklace!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:21 PM   #190  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

I am starting to hit that late afternoon slump where that nasty little voice in my head tries to tell me that it's ok not to go to the gym today...one day won't hurt. UGH! Of course, when I am weak enough to listen, it's all too easy to let one day turn into two, etc.... The good news is, I came here to say I AM going to the gym right after work. NO excuses. There, now I have to!

I am trying to come up w/ an idea for my next tattoo. I have several already, much to my mom's dismay. I was always the 'good' one of the family and she was totally shocked when she saw the first one. I don't think she even knows how many I have now. Oh well...as for piercings, I have my ears pierced multiple times. I never thought about my tongue, but I have always wanted to get my belly pierced. Once I reach my goal weight and my belly button is no longer 'in the shade', I think I am going to do it. I don't know why, but I love the way it looks! My dh thinks I'm crazy!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:24 PM   #191  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

My ears are pierced. So, can I hang with the cool crowd?

MJ - I'm planning on another tattoo when reach goal...probably a dragonfly. Now, if I can just talk Hubby into getting one. I love them on a guy's nicely developed bicep.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:29 PM   #192  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

Rhonda--Absolutely! That's funny about dh, it was actually my dh who influenced me the first time...he was planning his next one last night.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 PM   #193  

Height: 5'7"

LBG - For the longest time my next tattoo was going to be an Escher! But I was thinking more along the lines of the Mantis Religiousa...

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 04-28-2008 at 03:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:37 PM   #194  
TBL "JB" Blue Team

S/C/G: 285.1/ticker/155

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
My ears are pierced. So, can I hang with the cool crowd?

MJ - I'm planning on another tattoo when reach goal...probably a dragonfly. Now, if I can just talk Hubby into getting one. I love them on a guy's nicely developed bicep.
Your the head of the cool crowd! lol

Yah I have several tattoo's that I've been planing and designing for years. They're all based on my favorite artist M. C. Escher and tessellation's.

There is nothing hotter then a man with nice muscles and tatt's.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:40 PM   #195  

S/C/G: 185/140/120

Height: 5ft 4"

Hi everyone, thanks for having me on the blue team! This is my first challenge. In a nutshell: I joined 3fc in September or so of last year. I have lost 30lbs so far, mainly by exercising. When I started exercising I also started paying attention to calories in food. I was born in Ireland, grew up in the UK and now live in Costa Rica. I started a business about 4 years ago and my bum was glued to a chair morning to night and I ate junk. I became obese and that scared me, my weight was determining what activities I was doing, and my family and friends looked at me differently. I am 28 and I am getting married at the end of this year.

What do you prefer to be called? Dubh
We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Exercising regularly at least 4 times a week. Sticking to the c25k plan and then up to 10k. Eating wise: Portion control, less ordering out, less fatty fried foods, less alcohol, more water.

How can we help you achieve your goals? Make me feel guilty about letting the team down! I am a completive person so get me riled up about beating the other teams : )

Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? No specific requests just excited to be part of the challange.

Go blues!