Old 04-27-2008, 06:44 PM   #16  
TBL Blue Team Member!

S/C/G: 294.5/ticker/170

Height: 6'0

My name is Jennifer and I live in Chesapeake, VA with my hubby of 4 years Chris and our beautiful 1 1/2 year old son Nathan. I lost 53 lbs in the past, but then suprise I was preggo with Nate. Gained 72 lbs during pregnancy and now I'm working on finally getting to my goal. I just started Couch 2 5K last week and have been doing WW since February of this year, around the same time I found this wonderful website.

What do you prefer to be called?
Jen

We talk a lot about being OP? What is your plan?
Weight Watchers and recently started Week Two of C25K with some weight training (not enough probably)
How can we help you acheive your goals?
Support me and when I'm having a tough time help me work through it and then tell me to get my butt back on track!

Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning?
I think just having a team to compete with and be supportive with will help a lot.
Old 04-27-2008, 06:45 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Hey, I'm a Blue! (And might I say, Josephine, that I'm hugely excited to recognize someone on my team!!)

I'm Kim, a 28-year-old homeschooling mom to my two monkeys and wife to my amazing man. I'm currently training to do a half-marathon this summer and I'm using this both as a reason and a means to lose weight. I ran a half back in 2002, but I've gained a significant amount of weight since then and had a baby.

This is my first time doing the challenge and I'm really looking forward to it. I'm really freaking sick and tired of my weight issues and setting this challenge along with my running clinic should get me well on my way to my weight loss goal.

To answer the posted questions...

* What do you prefer to be called? Kim, KimProbable, Hey You. Whatever, as long as it's not Kimmy.
* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Eat consciously, snack less, make better lifestyle choices, and RUN!
* How can we help you acheive your goals? Help me keep up my enthusiasm.
* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? Hhmm...I'm not quite sure what I need. I know that when I go off plan I tend to avoid 3FC, so maybe making sure that I'm here and reading/posting would be helpful.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #18  
Lovin' Zumba!

To answer the posted questions...

* What do you prefer to be called? Cindy

* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Combination of YOU: On a Diet (whole grains, no sugars) and Weight Watchers points.

* How can we help you achieve your goals? If you don't hear from me, come looking! I tend to start lurking as I stop being motivated.

* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? I'm not ready to be exercising too hard right now - combination of bad knees and this weight will lead to injury if I'm not very careful. But, once I get some weight off and get my backside back into the gym, I can use lots of encouragement.

Also, wondering about your signatures - how do you get two side-by-side, and how do you center them?
Cindy
Old 04-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #19  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimProbable View Post
homeschooling mom to my two monkeys
Me too!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:11 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 153/146.4/120

Height: 5'5

Hello Ladies and Gentlemen!

This will be my first challenge and I am looking forward to some competition and support. We have a week planned at the outerbanks this summer and I need to get myself checked!

A little ditty about me:
I am in my early thirties with a fantastic hubby and two kitties. I am in the accounting field which contributes to my 30 lbs gained (very long hours and a sedatary lifestyle) as well as quitting smoking last year.

I look forward to supporting my team and working really hard!

Good Luck Guys.. kick some booty
Old 04-27-2008, 07:26 PM   #21  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

It's already clear to me that the Blue Team will win this challenge. I mean it's just SO obvious, isn't it?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:28 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 245/202/170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by onthetee View Post
Me too!
Woohoo!! It's always nice to meet fellow crazies...I mean homeschoolers.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:38 PM   #23  
mj5

S/C/G: 299/see ticker/140

Height: 5'4''

My name is mj. I am 37 and have been married for 11 years to the best guy ever! We have two beagles, Casey and Ellie-Mae (aka The Sweet Beagle Sisters or The Girls). I have struggled w/ my weight my whole life. Two years ago I hit onderland for a brief moment, then slowly stopped doing everything I knew I needed to do and the weight started to come back. I am really ready this time around.

What do you prefer to be called? mj

We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? I have this mini reward system for mysef--each day if I: make healthy food choices, drink my goal amt of water (need to increase that--I have been exceeding it regularly), eat breakfast (something I struggle with), and exercise (every day except Sunday--although I can choose to on Sunday), I get a Sticker for the day. 14 stickers and I get a reward--14 consecutive and it's a bigger reward. I recently earned a mani and a pedi--going on Saturdary to 'cash in'! The next reward I am working towards is a book--I have 2 stickers toward that.

How can we help you acheive your goals? Just being here! Posting/reading about how everyone else is doing....knowing that if I skip a workout, even if for a legitimate reason that I am going to have to 'own up to it' here helps a lot! My dh is way too easy on me!

Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? Again, just having people to chat w/ and be accountable to.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:47 PM   #24  

Height: 5'7"

Yay! I'm so excited that this is getting started finally!

I'm Jaime, 24 at the moment, married for 10 months to my wonderful Brazilian DH. I'm officially out of class but I have one final paper to write before I'm done with all my grad school obligations - I will have just finished up my MA in English (18th C) at the University of Virginia. DH is working on finishing up a PhD in Philosophy. We have two kitties, Loki and Thor, who we rescued from the shelter after they had been there for over half a year. I also work full-time at a research/consultancy company here in town, hoping DH finds employment here in Cville too so we don't have to move up to the DC area. We'll see what the future brings...

* What do you prefer to be called? Oh, anything I guess. Jaime, suite, judy, any variation of my SN here... I'll pick up on any of it

* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? I'm on Weight Watchers. Started for the millionth time at the beginning of the year.

* How can we help you achieve your goals? I always get inspiration from the board... Seeing other people succeed motivates me to succeed. On the other hand, helping people go through tough spots also helps me go through them when I get there, and reading all the support others give helps too... Just being part of a community will help, I think!

* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? No real specific request.... Let's just kick the other teams' collective behinds

Last edited by suitejudyblueeyes; 04-27-2008 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:57 PM   #25  
Weight Loss; Control Gain

S/C/G: ?/?/130

Height: 4'11"

Default THIS IS ME, and I'M BLUE! =)

Hi Blue Girls,

I work long hours and work can be stressful. I was a fitness instructor for a few years (that was 2002-2005). I started working in an office and the weight just piled on.. and on.. and there I was 55 lbs heavier than my former gym-rat self. See more about me in my short profile here.

I am a recovering drug addict and have been clean for 17 months and will be forever! It is amazing, however all these changes have helped feed my weight problem. I have lost about 10-15 lbs since I joined 3FC in Sept 2007.

I LOVE 3FC-best website EVER!

* What do you prefer to be called? vixjean
* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? counting calories, staying away from treats, stop eating when I am full, and don't graze the crappy food at work.
* How can we help you acheive your goals? cheer me on when i work out and am good to myself, and i will try to do the same for you
* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? just starting cooking for myself and bf @ night, any EASY meal ideas are great!

BLUE LOSER GOAL: 15 lbs and more!
Old 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 348.5/T/185

Height: 5'9"

Let's go BLUE!

OK, Bluesers! Let's get to know each other and start kicking some BL butt!

* What do you prefer to be called? Carol is good

* We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan? Basically a combination of intuitive eating, calorie counting and early WW. It's for the most part healthy eating.

* How can we help you acheive your goals? I think the best thing you can do for me is continue all the support I have found here at 3FC. I've recently really started in on the exercise front and I'm loving it.

* Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning? This is my first challenge - be patient with my silly questions.

I recently turned 50 and I am feeling great! I wish I would have started this journey sooner. I've lost weight many, many times but this journey started in September, 2007, and I've lost about 55 lbs to date. Summer presents many entertainment challenges for me so this challenge is perfect timing.

I look forward to working together to take blue the "losers circle".

Carol
Old 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM   #27  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

hihi, fellow teammates! I'm so glad to be blue--nothing against the other colors, but blue is my favorite of the three

For those of you who haven't encountered me elsewhere in the boards, here's my down n dirty:
  • I'm 25 years old and live in a townhouse with my fiance and 2 pups (9 months old, Corgi/Jack Russell/Chihuahua mixes) in Woodbridge, VA.
  • I am Proposal Manager for a small-ish IT company, a position I just started less than a month ago. I've followed a nice career progression from Marketing Assistant to Technical Editor/Writer to Proposal Writer, to Proposal Coordinator to Proposal Manager, and I've only been working full time for about 4.5 years (something I'm proud of).
  • I graduated from York College of Pennsylvania in December 2003 (a semester early) with my B.S. in Business Administration, Marketing concentration, Music Industry minor.
  • I have a sister I'm very close with who lives in Virginia Beach with her husband, step-daughter, daughter, and fabulous dog. My parents have also recently relocated from their home in Conecticut to Virginia Beach--grandchildren make you do crazy things!
  • In our spare time, Jeff and I like to take our pups to dog parks, take the pups to play groups, play video games (we have a Wii, PS2, and Xbox 360), and watch movies (we have a projector in the entertainment room in the basement). I also enjoy posting on 3FC
  • My weight loss plan is ever changing. I think my pan for the moment is:
    • average of 2000 calories per day each week
    • reduce sodium intake (working on keeping it to 3000mg or less right now--I had high blood pressure at my last doctor's appointment)
    • drink at least 2 liters of water per day
    • increase fiber intake to a minimum of 25g per day
    • consume at least 100g protein per day
    • consume processed white flour/sugar products VERY sparingly
    • avoid trans fats and keep saturated fats to a minimum
Oh, and my absolute favorite color is purple
Old 04-27-2008, 08:04 PM   #28  
I was born this way hey!

S/C/G: Not telling/Shh/150

Height: 5'3

Woohoo Blue Team!!

I'm Frances and I'm 22 at the moment, but I will be 23 on tuesday!! Yay!! I've been married to my wonderful hubby, Alfonso aka Fonzo for 3 years. I'm a very proud Navy wife. No kiddos just yet, but we are trying, although taking a break since Fonzo is gonna be going out to sea soon. I have 3 spoiled kitties, and I love them to death. I have myspace if anyone wants to add me OH..and I was born & raised in Phoenix Arizona..but we're currently stationed in Silverdale, Washington. We're still waiting for new orders..

~What do you prefer to be called?:
Francie

~We talk a lot about being OP? What is YOUR plan?:
I have a dvd workout schedule all planned out for 6 days. I plan on eating more healthy foods.

~How can we help you acheive your goals?:
Just be supportive.

~Is there any specific request you have? Looking for a partner to hold you accountable for calories, exercise, etc? Do you need some inspiration each morning?:
It would be nice to have some insirpation in the mornings. Someone to tell me to get away from the computer and do my morning workout! LoL!

I just wanted to add, that I'm happy about being on the blue team!! My nails are currently painted blue (did them last week, lol) And blue=Navy..lol. So ya..I'm rambling now.

Last edited by Shopaholic1204; 04-27-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:12 PM   #29  

Height: 5'7"

HI...Im debi 44 yr old mother of 3 young adults. Married to my wonderful husband for 26 yrs.
I started my diet on jan 27th of this year and so far have lost 34lbs.
I am a calorie counter, try to watch my fats, eat lots of fiber and lots of veggies. I am lifting weights 3x a week and walking and jogging on a minitramp 2X a week.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:32 PM   #30  
Accepting who she is

S/C/G: 173/see ticker/138

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shopaholic1204 View Post
[ but I will be 23 on tuesday!!
Our 8th anniversary is Tuesday!