Old 02-04-2008, 03:10 PM   #901  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Welllllll....only lost .5lbs this week, but it's a loss all the same. Thank goodness TOM and my cold are BOTH leaving, as I'm ready to have a better loss next Monday.
Old 02-04-2008, 03:44 PM   #902  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Today is going pretty good.....been on plan today and it is going pretty well.....hope to be able to get some exercise in today.....hope all is going well!
Old 02-04-2008, 03:51 PM   #903  

I've been on plan today also. I did some toning this morning and will go to a cardio class this evening.
Old 02-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #904  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

I dream of:

White carpet
Silk stockings that have had no ones feet in them but mine
Going to grab a hair tie and it be where I left it
Finding a hair tie at all when I want one
Turning my car radio on and finding it still on the station I left it on
The cat not being taught to jump out of the cat door at me
Finding more than a spoon full of ice cream in the container
Finding the left overs " left over " when I go to get them
Knowing where my camera is at all times
Knowing where my cell phone is at all times
Knowing where ANY phone is at all times
Being able to wear my diamond earing's anytime I want
Being able to wear my diamond bracelet anytime I want
Finding one of our three bathrooms unused when I want to use it
Not waking up from a nap with a face in my face asking for my car keys
Nail polish not left open
Nail polish remover that has more than 3 drops left in the bottle

Dreams that have become a reality so far:

Shoes that no one wears but me. Her feet are to big since age 12
Make up no one wears but me. She doesn't wear makeup anymore

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-04-2008 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 05:15 PM   #905  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

I am going to copy that and hang it on my fridge...if it ain't the truth I don't know what is You still have a ways to go to make those dreams reality!LOL!
Old 02-04-2008, 05:20 PM   #906  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Sorry for being MIA yesterday - it was a really busy day. I ran a 4 mile race in the morning, and I'm REALLY proud to say I got a new personal record! Not just for a 4 mile race, but for ANY race. My time was 32:01, and my splits included 3 miles under 7:50. I have never in my life run under an 8:23 mile in a race, and I still can't quite believe it! Looks like the long distance training is helping me go faster when I'm running a short distance.

After that, I had a brunch with women alumni from my college, which was great! Met a ton of really interesting women, AND I managed to stay completely on plan with what I ate. I walked home from brunch instead of taking the subway, and then settled in to work for the rest of the night. I took a break to cook some healthy superbowl treats (the chili and the spinach-artichoke dip, but I skipped the chicken), and then put the TV on in the background while I worked.

Today is day one of my travel project, and I'm doing REALLY well with staying on plan! Had fresh fruit at the airport for breakfast, and managed to turn down the bagel and cream cheese they tried to give me on the plane. Then for lunch, our team went out to pick up Mexican, but I skipped that and stopped at a different restaurant on the way (Fresh City) where I got a cup of soup and a wrap sandwich that together made 570 calories. Not TOO bad for eating out, and my breakfast was light enough to more than make up for it. Now I just have to squeeze in a workout tonight, and eat a healthy dinner, and I'll be right on track!

Unfortunately I need to be, because... I gained this week. It was 0.6 pounds, so not a ton, but I'm still sorry not to be able to help our team lose Next week I'm determined to get a big drop going!

Last edited by Scenestealer; 02-04-2008 at 05:23 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:02 PM   #907  
Rennie

Laura
Oh you are so right, what a great day you had. I bet your smile lit up the space all around you. I am so happy for you. You give encouragement just by being part of our team. I love your smile. Each time I see you have posted that smile makes me smile.

Tina
I remember when she was about 3. Her father and I were going out to dinner ( a real big deal ) and I wanted to wear my diamond bracelet. I couldn't find it anywhere. Where did I find it you might ask. It was ON her teddy bear. Teddy had fallen out of her bed and she wanted it to feel better so she put something petty on it. I thought I would die laughing. Ok, I admit, first I wanted to beat the stuffing out of teddy for talking my wonderful little girl into getting one of the few pieces of good jewelry I have for it to wear lol. I tried to tell her teddy did NOT need to wear my bracelet even if she did fall out of bed. This is about what she said to me " But Mommy, when I fell down you let me wear it so I would feel better." How on earth can you argue with that. Her and the teddy bear got to sit in a corner and learn not to touch Mommy's things without her permission.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #908  
Rennie

Cassie
You take any loss you can get. Just remember, that is .5 less to lose than you had to lose yesterday. It all counts.

ksk
Just staying on plan is a big deal. Sometimes it can be so hard. Hope you have a nice time at class.

Kari
Everyone has days like that. There are days the cat and the dog drive me crazy. The kids fight with each other over nothing ( you would think they were 8 and 9 from how I talk about them wouldn't you lol ) and if one more person wants me to bake bread I am going to scream. Take a deep breath, smile and make everyone wonder what you are up to.

Diva
Nice going on the swimming. I can swim about well enough to save myself if the water is only a foot deep lol.

I am not sure which is worse 13 going on 16 or 17 going on 5 lol.
Old 02-04-2008, 06:36 PM   #909  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Rennie- I would die of a heart attack I think if my diamond braclet was missing...like you said though with here explanation how could you get mad
Old 02-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #910  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Lol - Shy - you are so right!
Some other things I noticed when the kids were home -
~ the scissors had legs of their own
~ the volume on the stereo and tv was always maxed out
~ the computer spontaneously downloaded all kinds of interesting things and malware was the norm - not the exception
~ my change jar was always empty - no matter how much I put in it
~ dishes seem to develop legs - they crawled to the strangest places
~ the tuba is NOT a fun instrument to listen to - particularly dueling tubas (both sons played)

But, in reality - I now remember these things fondly - I actually MISS the clutter, commotion and bickering sometimes

A good day for me - my new Tae Bo videos came. I got all the way through 45 minutes Pretty good for an ol' lady
Old 02-04-2008, 08:54 PM   #911  
Rennie

Counting
Way to go. I haven't gotten good enough that I even want to try that. My son is in martial arts and will say, Mom try this. Ya right, not with out a medical team standing in the wings lol.

Someone one time said to me ( in front of my mother ) I have no idea how your kids can be so messy when you are so very very neat. My mother rolled her eyes and said ya right, you should have seen her room when she was a teenager. lol I said WHAT do you mean. My clothes were in NEAT little piles and I knew where everything was. She just laughed. We each have our own computer so I don't have to worry about that and they live in fear of having to scrub walls if they touch mine. Scissors, you mean there really are scissors in peoples houses? Heck I thought every one opened everything with their teeth, I do lol.

About the loud music. I scream turn it up I can't hear the words. They turn it down. My son was listening to something ( the only purpose could be to go deaf so as not to hear me yelling for help ) and I heard GOD and **** and I thought what the HECK. I screamed up WHAT on earth are you listening to and how long am I going to let you live. He came down laughing and laughing. It was Christian rock. Heck sounded like Devil worship to me lol. My kids would say, " You know you listened to music just as loud when you were a teenager." My mother would sigh and say, " Don't try that on your mother, she was born 900 years old and didn't do much of anything other teenagers do. " lol I didn't DARE there were no misdemeanors in my house growing up everything was a felony lol.

I haven't had money in the change jar they can find since they learned how to count change lol. I have found dishes in the trash can because they didn't want to wash them AND the worst thing that ever happen to me was someone telling my daughter and son they could sing. I don't care if they are one of the best in their school that does NOT mean they can sing lol and why does my daughter devlop a country twang when she sings country songs lol.

I have the cleanest wainscotting in town. I am not and never was much of a hitter. I am the yeller and we all know kids just turn that sound off. I make everyone wash wainscotting and baseboards lol. Do you all know and there is no scientific proof it will hurt a child. Even a three year old can wash baseboards when they have decided to color on walls lol.

Last edited by Shy Moment; 02-04-2008 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:19 PM   #912  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Evening ladies~
I did cardio max, Bob's bootcamp! He kicks my booty!!! I was going to do wks 3-4, but was huffing and puffing by the end of his bootcamp, I knew I couldn't handle Jillian's workout, but I will give it a go on wednesday.

Laura~ wonderful job on your race and on your first travel day.

Counting~ what taebo tapes did you get? I've got the get ripped 2 series, I think that's what it's called, but won't do them til I drop some weight, cause I know I'd hurt myself as fast as he moves.

Well I'm going to go settle down with the boys, have a good evening everyone and I will stay caught up from here on out. I tried to go back and read but this site is giving me a problem with timing out Have a good rest of the evening and I'll talk with ya'll tomorrow.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:27 PM   #913  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Shy

Cat - they are part of the Believer's series (2003). I got "The Power Within" and "The Strength Within". From reviews I have read, I think they are tamer than many of his videos. He opens with prayer and they have a Christian message. I tried Leslie Sansone's "Walk and Kick" and really liked it. I thought these might be a good next step. So far, so good!
Old 02-04-2008, 11:25 PM   #914  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Height: 5'3

Hey everyone!!!

Well, I have no internet. I am fighting with tmobile to get this ridiculous $100 charge off my phone and my computer at home is being used by my mom to look for a place to live. Work sucks cause my boss is being a butt head so today I took a freebie because I was unable to post my weight.

Still looking for a place to live *sigh* We applied to one place but so many other people applied also and again with my bad credit who knows if we will get it. Aside from that everything is good here. I will try to check in tomorrow. I hope everyone is doing well. I miss it here but I will check in whenever I can get to a computer and sneak on lol

Bye for now
Old 02-04-2008, 11:55 PM   #915  
Be the change

Hi everyone! I love reading your posts. You are all so uplifting! Thanks for everything you say. I think of all of you when I want to make a bad choice and it really helps knowing what you would tell me.

I'm doing really well staying OP. I went to the doctor today. Without her seeing anything about my weight she said, "you've been losing some weight!" It's great that she could tell.

Rennie-- You have me cracking up! You're hysterical! I just can't wait to have teenagers. My oldest will be 11 in a few months so it's not much longer for me. This week I've been potty training my youngest--talk about fun! I've been trying to convince her that she really does have to wear panties. She'd rather go commando.

My kids have been driving me crazy, complaining about dinner no matter what we have. We gave them an ultimatum tonight that anyone complaining would go straight to bed. Wow! It worked. They were all polite and civilized.

We had an incredible conversation over dinner. The election is tomorrow and they are very interested in what's going on. They started asking all kinds of questions about how the primaries work, the different political parties, and the local school bonds that are on the ballot. We ended up talking about the Declaration of Independence and unalienable rights.

After dinner, they wanted to do a mock election. So we elected a president, passed a law, sent it to the president, got the president to sign it, and then sent it to the Supreme Court due to a lawsuit. The court upheld the law as Constitutional and I lost my lawsuit. All in all an amazing night. I wish dinner was always so fun.