Old 03-02-2008, 11:21 PM   #1591  
Rennie

S/C/G: 228/Ticker/120

Height: 4 foot 11 inches

Just wanted to stop in and let everyone know I am home safe and sound. For those of you who aren't losing weight as quickly as you would like. Just remember, you have less to lose today than you did the day you started to change how you were eating. Keep with it. Sometimes it is slow going but each and everyone of us will become the thinner more healthy person we all want to be.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #1592  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassie501107 View Post
Hey hey!

Well, I was well on my way to a LOSS for the week, right up until TOM showed up. Blah! Now my weight is hovering at the same ol' 210.

However, I'm not flippin' over it. I know that I'll go down next week when TOM is gone...just gotta keep on keepin' on.
Love the attitude!! I think a lot of us are coming up to that point in the month again. We just all "gotta keep on keepin' on" ~Love it!!
Old 03-02-2008, 11:25 PM   #1593  
Takin' charge of my life!

Rennie ~ glad to see you made it home safely!

Boy, does it look like I am making up for lost personals or something here?! sorry!

Last edited by Andi18; 03-02-2008 at 11:25 PM.
Old 03-02-2008, 11:39 PM   #1594  

S/C/G: 177/157/138

Height: 5'6"

Hi Everybody,

Just checking in. I am having a difficult time with my middle child and it is taking all my energy. He is in college but doing terrible. At one time he was an excellent student but that is all in the past now. It is very sad and I am very worried for him. He is not a party person so it is not that. He told me he has no self motivation at all. He misses classes and doesn't do any homework. He has been telling me he is doing better but today I found out he is not doing better at all. It is very sad and I am very worried for him. Anyway, it has been difficult to maintain self discipline around food lately.
Old 03-03-2008, 05:06 AM   #1595  
I am Strong

Smile

CountingDown, you GO GIRL!!! Are you planning a reward of some kind to celebrate?

Melissa, happy birthday to your little girl & good luck with the rest of the week!

Terapet, I'm sorry your son is stumbling a bit, but it sounds like the two of you have a very open relationship, and I'll bet you can really help him through this. All kids go through odd patches in life, just keep focusing on the long-term. He'll be okay.

-Yello.
Old 03-03-2008, 07:06 AM   #1596  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Just wanted to pop in and give some To the red team! Looks like some of you are struggling with TOM and other things. hang in there. We all know that time of the months messes us all up, lol! I am sure this week is going to be much better!

Mel, Happy Birthday to your daughter. I hope you get accomplished all you set out for this week. LOL! Do you ever sit down and just chill? LOL!

TERAPET- Is your son at a local college close to home, or is he out of town or state? Maybe he's homesick. Maybe he's overwhelmed by all the responsibilites of college life? perhaps he could drop a class or 2 and lighten his load? I hope he feels better about things soon.

I'm down only .6 this week. I had a few bad days last week along with hurting my foot running on the TM. I've sent 3 days resting and wrapping the foot, and yesterday was the first day I could walk on it without any pain, so today I am just gonna do a fast walk on the TM for 30 minutes to an hour and hold off on running a couple more days. O'well.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:19 AM   #1597  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Good morning everyone. Sorry to mention this to all the people up North in “COLD” country, but I had a great day at the beach yesterday. All three of my kids were playing in the water. It is still a little cold for my taste though. But I am so happy that summer is getting closer. I may start taking my jogger to the beach to go walking with the kids. I think they would like that better. I will try it once to see how hard the stroller is to push. Now that would be great exercise.

So my goal this month is to loose the 1 ½ pounds that I didn’t get off last month plus 5 pounds. (Secretly, I would love to loose 10 pounds).

I hope everyone is having a great day.

I don't have time for personals, but I did go and read everything. Thanks to everyone for the support.
Old 03-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #1598  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Oh, I didn't loose anything other than the water weight I put on at the beginning of the week, so I am back to my 191.5 (so loss = 0). However, my clothes are fitting looser than last week, so I should be seeing a loss on the scale soon.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #1599  

Quote:
Originally Posted by TERAPET View Post
Hi Everybody,

Just checking in. I am having a difficult time with my middle child and it is taking all my energy. He is in college but doing terrible. At one time he was an excellent student but that is all in the past now. It is very sad and I am very worried for him. He is not a party person so it is not that. He told me he has no self motivation at all. He misses classes and doesn't do any homework. He has been telling me he is doing better but today I found out he is not doing better at all. It is very sad and I am very worried for him. Anyway, it has been difficult to maintain self discipline around food lately.
Terapet - I am a secretary at a college counseling center. Depression, anxiety and adjustment problems are our most common issues. Most college campuses have counseling centers now. Sometimes talking to someone helps tremendously. Also if it is depression, medication (even short term if it is more about adjustment issues) can really help. We have quite a few with anxiety issues and our counselors can help with relaxation techniques, etc.

It seems that males sometimes have a harder time seeking help. It may help if he knows that these kinds of issues are common in the college population. Whether he decides to go to his counseling center or not, I hope he gets to feeling better.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:54 AM   #1600  

Bummer - another gain. It's less than 1 pound over a 2 week period but still frustrating. Luckily, I have a GREAT RED TEAM who has already encouraged me through their words to others on our team. You all really are the greatest! It was TOM for me, and I did have several unplanned snacks/meals. I'm ready to end that and start getting my water in. I think next week will be my week to make up some ground!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 AM   #1601  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Hello all, I haven't been here in awhile. I just came out of finals (my school is on a trimester system which makes it extremely difficult), I didn't get to enjoy my break week given I caught a cold, still sick btw. On top of still being sick classes resume today, bummer!

Anywho, I finally saw a loss. It's not as fast as i'd like, but I'm still going along, slow and steady, and hey, it's better than gaining!!!

I hope all of you ladies have a lovely day.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #1602  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Hi everyone - sorry to be gone so long! I went on a ski trip this weekend and didn't make it onto the 3FC forums at all. I'm back to work in Boston now, and determined to start doing better.

On the ski trip, I ate a ton... but also skied for 5 hours one day and 6 the next, so hopefully that made up for it (I don't trust the calorie counts for what I "should" have burned, though they indicate that I was under my calories). However, I can't really check till Friday, because I don't trust that the scale at the hotel is calibrated the same as my scale at home. Next week I'm thinking about putting my scale in my suitcase just so I can compare the two weights and know how different they are. Anyway, because of that scale consistency problem, I'm not going to be weighing in this week - I'll mark it as one of my freebies.

Mom23BC, I am so jealous of the beach! I think I might head down to Florida next weekend just so I can get some sun.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:06 AM   #1603  
Be the change

Morning Ladies!

I'm sorry for those who are struggling with 0 losses or gains this week. I had a 0 loss too. I think I found my "bumper number." Let's all just keep at it and eventually our bodies will cooperate!

Those of you with successes are so inspiring. Thanks for sharing with us so that we know it's really possible to succeed.

I had a hard weekend emotionally. I just wasn't at the top of my game. Last night, I slipped on water and fell. I totally twisted my arm and back and I have a huge, painful bruise on my leg where I hit the edge of the dishwasher door when I landed. My body is very sore this morning, but my spirits are back up.

I'm off to sell Girl Scout Cookies with my daughters this morning. But I commit to not eating any of them.

I hope everyone has a great OP day today! Keep at it!
Old 03-03-2008, 11:44 AM   #1604  
Sara

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5"3"

Hi all,
Just checking in to say hi. I stayed home from work today as the last couple of days I have had a wicked headache/ migrane I should say and I am so sensitive to light. I just wanted to enter my weight before its too late...I am sorry but due to TOM's arrival I have been no help. I read some posts but I need to sign out now as I really don't feel well. Just wanted to say thanks for all your support. I will hopefully be back to myself tomorrow...so have a great day ladies.

Ciao.
Sara
Old 03-03-2008, 12:11 PM   #1605  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies. I'm just popping in for a second to say hi. I'll be back later once I get things moving over here. I just woke up a little bit ago. I was up at 7:30 with a killer headache, so I went back to bed. Joey has a friend coming over this afternoon, so I need to get ready. Madison was sick all weekend including her b-day. She has just kinda been laying around. I feel awful for her. What a drag to be sick on your b-day, especially when your a kid Anyway she still is not feeling well. She has the flu that Kyle just got over. Well I better move along over here. I'll be back sometime later to catch up. Have a great day ladies~