Old 01-14-2008, 07:42 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

1. What do you prefer we call you? AmberD works, as does Hey you.

2. What weight loss plan are you using? Eating healthier foods and watching my portions.

3. What is your favorite exercise? Running I completed a marathon in '06 and aspire to do another one in '09

4. What is one area that you struggle? Motivation. Sometimes I just don't FEEEL like it.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I've got the weekdays DOWN. It's the weekends that kill.

6. What is your short term goal? I would love to get under 165, which is my lowest ever. I reached it at the end of July, and just lost motivation after that

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal?
New running shoes ??

8. Best weight loss tip? One step at a time, small changes add up.

9. Bob or Jillian?
Jillian. She's so hard core!

10. Tell us about yourself! I'm Amber! I live in Northern VA, I'm studying for the GRE's, even though I have no idea what I want to do when I grow up. I have one and half kitties. Spencer, he's my baby and Leo, he's my foster baby. I have a complicated living situation. I moved in with my bf of 3 years and after 4 months of living together, in October I called it off. So we still live together, cook dinner together, just live in separate rooms. Most people find this a weird arrangement, but it works for us!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #62  
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Talking

Amber, thanks! We love it but takes lots of effort! The older kids usually come with some really bad habits that have to be toned down and then we begin to instill good ones in their place. Lots more than I ever thought about b4 I started doing this! But for now we are still enjoying it. Some days are harder than others but most are neat, watching them blossom into confident, happy people.

Seeing you copy that piece of my post made me see I didn't mention my DH! LOL. Been happily married for 11 years now and together for 12. Miscarried one year in and couldn't get prego again. Fostered newborns and other kids, adopted two newborns, (my own kids now) and hope to adopt 2 or 3 more in the future. It's very hard emotionally because taking a newborn means you can lose them any day until parental rights are terminated which could take a year or more. Every day you have them you are scared they will be taken. I'm not sure if I can do 3 more like that. Barely made it thru my first two kids' court cases. Done with the two tho! Signed and sealed.

Ah well, enough about all my stuff. Can't wait for this challenge to be in full swing!!

Hey Amber, did you see our new guy, John? We have a Dude on Blue team!!! That's a first (at least for me in the tbl challenges, last season was my first one.)

Go John!!! And Go Blue Team!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 257/219/145

Reading the questionaires I noticed a lot of us struggle with munching or binging at night. What do you guys do to try to change this? I have found if I exercise right after I put the kids to bed that kills it most of the time...since that is usually when I would head to the kitchen. Exercising then is a habit now, but it isn't 100% to kill that urge, so wondered what everyone else is finding that helps?
Old 01-14-2008, 07:43 PM   #64  

1. What do you prefer we call you? Pam

2. What weight loss plan are you using? Exercising & WW at home

3. What is your favorite exercise? Walking

4. What is one area that you struggle? Just making myself get up and move is most of the time a struggle

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? When I really put my mind to trying to lose weight. I am good at tracking EVERYTHING! I count calories or points depending on what I'm trying to watch at the time. I also keep track of what exercises I do and how long I do them for.

6. What is your short term goal? My short term goal is to lose 10% of my body weight which is 26 pounds

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I'm not really sure about this yet. But I will update after I come up with something

8. Best weight loss tip? Keep Moving!

9. Bob or Jillian? To be honest I like them both

10. Tell us about yourself! Hi I'm Pam 33 years old. I'm happily married with 2 beautiful kids. I enjoy siging, playing the piano (when I get the chance) crafts, SCRAPBOOKING! Hairbow making etc....
Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #65  
weight watchers

S/C/G: 211/211/150

John - you brave soul....don't worry, we only bite on weekends...LOL...

I just got done reading thru everyone's posts...wow..all from such varied backgrounds. Cool!

So, is there any rules here, or is the only rule to just lose the weight and inches??
Old 01-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #66  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozen Peach View Post
Rhonda - You say you work at home - do you have a second job other than the obvious??
Hi there! Yep, I work for a "major healthcare administrator." My job is 40 hours a week and its all done via the computer and the telephone. Most days, I have the flexibility to hop on here and read your posts....so, I hope everyone doesn't get too sick of me.

I just love "seeing" all of the new faces here on the Blue thread and seeing some of my old Blue friends. We have such a great mix of people and everyone seems so excited to make some big changes. I'm really excited to do this challenge with each of you. I've read every post and usually I like to do "personals." Please forgive me for not doing them this eveing.....you see, I just completed my first hour on the treadmill since 10/18/2007!!!!! I walked and did some leg and butt exercises from my new Jillian Michaels book. Boy, this old girls is gonna be sore tomorrow. But, I'm on my way to a more slender, stong healthy me.....and, hopefully, losing some serious poundage for my Blue team.

Go Blue!
Old 01-14-2008, 07:48 PM   #67  
weight watchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Reading the questionaires I noticed a lot of us struggle with munching or binging at night. What do you guys do to try to change this? I have found if I exercise right after I put the kids to bed that kills it most of the time...since that is usually when I would head to the kitchen. Exercising then is a habit now, but it isn't 100% to kill that urge, so wondered what everyone else is finding that helps?

I make herbal tea. Stash makes a chocolate hazelnut tea, no calories, no fat, no nothing and it licks the craving and I feel it's a nice way to wind down at the end of the day.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:49 PM   #68  
weight watchers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlyGirlSebas View Post
Hi there! Yep, I work for a "major healthcare administrator." My job is 40 hours a week and its all done via the computer and the telephone. Most days, I have the flexibility to hop on here and read your posts....so, I hope everyone doesn't get too sick of me.

I just love "seeing" all of the new faces here on the Blue thread and seeing some of my old Blue friends. We have such a great mix of people and everyone seems so excited to make some big changes. I'm really excited to do this challenge with each of you. I've read every post and usually I like to do "personals." Please forgive me for not doing them this eveing.....you see, I just completed my first hour on the treadmill since 10/18/2007!!!!! I walked and did some leg and butt exercises from my new Jillian Michaels book. Boy, this old girls is gonna be sore tomorrow. But, I'm on my way to a more slender, stong healthy me.....and, hopefully, losing some serious poundage for my Blue team.

Go Blue!
I never bought any of her books, I know you said you will be sore tomorrow, but otherwise how is the advice in it??
Old 01-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #69  
Starting over after baby!

S/C/G: 285/See Ticker/200

Height: 5'7''

Hey Amber! Good Luck on the GRE! I work at test center in Southern VA! We get a lot of people from up your way who accidentally schedule at our center.

Last edited by bradleys mom; 01-16-2008 at 10:54 AM.
Old 01-14-2008, 07:58 PM   #70  

I'm really proud of myself for today.

I've stayed with my ww points and I execrised more today than I have in a long time.

I did 46 minutes of sweatin' to the oldies
and 30 minutes of stay ball work out (it's the dvd that came with the execrise ball)

And I can't even tell you how much water I drank. But one only 2 cups of coffee and about 4 oz of coke. Believe it or not but that's really good for me

I'm really excited that I have really stuck to the points today. It seems I've been not really trying 100% to do my best and today I feel I've done really good.

I just had to brag on myself lol

No really Theresa told me I better get my butt moving since we are on the same team. LOL she lives to close to not listen

How did everyone else do today?

I'm sprinkling a little

On the blue team
Old 01-14-2008, 08:08 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 190/166.8/160

Height: 5'10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefirefly View Post
Ditto on the tea. Some nights it takes more than one cup, but it takes the edge off and it keeps my mouth busy!

HELLO JOHN!!! As far as I know this is the first guy in 3FC TBL history! This is my... 4th? challenge, and he's the first one I remember.

Just a little background for all the first timers here, when I did my first TBL challenge back when Michelle started it, I was at 190. I lost 20 pounds during the first 2 challenges. I checked in often and really got to know my team and gave and received a ton of support. During the 3rd challenge however, I didn't lose a single pound. I don't remember if I broke even, or actually ended +1. The difference was I was busy, and didn't participate like I should have. Coming home from work to 6 pages of unread posts is INTIMIDATING. But it's worth it to at least skim them and post once a day. If you don't have time to do a personal to everyone, that's ok! Still check in and let us know how you're doing. I know from experience, participation goes along way!

Last edited by AmberD; 01-14-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:33 PM   #72  
BLUE team

S/C/G: 238/ticker/138

Height: 5'7''

1. What do you prefer we call you? Jordan

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Jordan's Plan #2 (#1 got thrown out. I have a list of about 15 "meals" that are between 150 and 300 calories each. Every day I get to pick 6 things to eat off the list. Works like a charm.)

3. What is your favorite exercise? Jogging/Running

4. What is one area that you struggle? If given the opportunity to make a bad food choice, I usually will.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? I lose fast - I started this journey in May '07 and hope to hit 100 pounds lost by May '08 (though I think speed of loss is less of me excelling and more just pure luck).

6. What is your short term goal? Well, my ultimate goal of 138 is within sight now (but still a ways away at the same time), so I haven't really set any short term goals between here and there. I am so fixated on losing 100 pounds.

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? A life of maintenance.

8. Best weight loss tip? Not necessarily a weight loss tip, but something that really has stuck with me about this whole journey is out of someones (I don't remember who) signature. It is something along the lines of "the moment you allow your weight to define your value as a person, the rest of the world will too." So the best weight loss tip I have is to remember we are so much more than our weight, and we need not forget that!

9. Bob or Jillian? Jillian

Last edited by jordan; 01-14-2008 at 08:37 PM.
Old 01-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #73  

S/C/G: 266 / 179 / 165

Height: 5'7"

Hi, this is my THIRD (or fourth???) challenge! I think 4th, right Chelle?

1. What do you prefer we call you? You can call me sportmom, or some people call me HR which was my old name. Or Fran!
2. What weightloss plan are you using? I'm using my own plan which helped me lose 30 lbs before. I guess it's mostly like calorie counting, balanced nutrition and exercise plays a big part too.
3. What is your favorite exercise? Treadmilling and weight lifting.
4. What is one area that you struggle? Not convincing myself after some degree of success that I can't start going back to my old ways and not get caught!
5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at?
LOL - Planning and record keeping. I can tell you exactly where I'll be in 13 weeks if all goes to plan. Big IF.
6. What is your short term goal? I really like Chelle's goal of losing 10%. That sounds like a really sane plan. But I think I chose something crazier like 10 lbs. a month, so 30 lbs.
7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Clothes I suppose, but I actually have a ton of sizes in my closet now. So my reward will be getting to play dept. store in my own closet!
8. Best weight loss tip? Just fake it at first. If you think you hate exercise, just do it like it's your new job, tune out but get moving, and you'll soon find that it becomes routine and you'll like it.
9. Bob or Jillian? Bob, but I do enjoy Jillian's podcasts. I like her when she's not yelling.
10. Tell us about yourself!
You'll find out! I mean, is anyone still reading anyway???? lol
Old 01-14-2008, 08:52 PM   #74  
Hooping my Life Away

S/C/G: 298/218.1/170

Height: 5'8"

1. What do you prefer we call you? Shannon

2. What weight loss plan are you using? Weight watchers

3. What is your favorite exercise? Walking

4. What is one area that you struggle? Working out regularly

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Staying below WW points

6. What is your short term goal? To reach 209 by the end of the school year

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Probably crying happily and feeling great for 4-H camp

8. Best weight loss tip? Load up on the veggies!

9. Bob or Jillian? I don't really watch.

10. Tell us about yourself! I'm 20. I've been obese for 15 years. I mostly knit, scrapbook, sew, read, write...mostly sitting alot! I work at the Y and that's really what pushed this on because just walking so much dropped 25 pounds.
Old 01-14-2008, 09:43 PM   #75  
My Evolution

S/C/G: Size 26/Size 18/Size 8

Height: 4'11"

What do you prefer we call you? Shay
What weightloss plan are you using? WW-Flex, 3 meals, 3 snacks
What is your favorite exercise? Taebo
What is one area that you struggle? Getting off my behind to actually exercise and binge eating
What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Plan, plan, plan
What is your short term goal? 36 lbs during this challenge. I aim high and when on plan I lose fast
What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Not quite sure yet. I need to sit down and plan my rewards
Best weight loss tip? Plan, plan, plan
Bob or Jillian? Bob. I can't have anyone yelling in my face like Jillian does. Not good.
Tell us about yourself!
35 years old, on the 2nd go around with my current BF, born in Florida, graduated from University of Florida, HUGE GATOR fan, lost and gained a lot of weight over the years, I know how to lose its the maintaining I have an issue with, have had a little bit of trauma/drama in my life which is why I am an emotional/binge eater, I have just admitted to myself about the binge eating, am known to be a tell like it is person with a good sense of humor

Finally finished reading all of the posts. I am so behind. That's okay I'm on it now and will be able to do personals from here on out.