Old 06-18-2007, 03:38 PM   #571  

S/C/G: 178.5/160/135

Height: 5'2''

29.95172755652256 What is that????????
THAT is my new BMI according to the body mass calculator here on 3FC, and it means I am now officially NOT obese, just overweight!! Whoo Hoo!!
These little milestones really get me pumped up, and this challenge has kept me on plan! Thanks, chicks!
Old 06-18-2007, 05:13 PM   #572  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabetiny View Post
29.95172755652256 What is that????????
THAT is my new BMI according to the body mass calculator here on 3FC, and it means I am now officially NOT obese, just overweight!! Whoo Hoo!!
These little milestones really get me pumped up, and this challenge has kept me on plan! Thanks, chicks!
WOO HOO!!!!! Congrat's to ya! What a great way to gauge your success, you just keep shrinkin' & shrinkin'!!!!

I have to agree with the subtle sabotage! DH and I have already been through this before when I lost about 80 pounds and he didn't know what to do with himself. He saw me shrinking and becoming more independent and voila, out came the ice cream! LOL He's a great guy don't get me wrong, but I think he likes me bigger because it keeps me "stuck" if you know what I mean.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:18 PM   #573  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL...Danielle my kids saw those cereal straw things and I wouldnt let them get em...they looked nasty! LOL!

wannabe....YAY!!! Way to go lady!!! What an amazing accomplishment! No more obese!! I'm so jealous but I know I'll be following in your footsteps! Thats gotta feel GREAT! Keep up the good work!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:46 PM   #574  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Actually the cereal straws are sorta good...they taste like the sugar cones you get at an ice cream parlor. I guess they're making whatever it takes to get kids to drink milk, I dunno! lol My kids don't have that problem but a nice fun treat once in awhile!
Old 06-18-2007, 07:59 PM   #575  

Thanks, girls~ we can do this! One foot in front of the other....

And Danielle, I agree, they are basically good guys, just afraid we will get too skinny and leave! It may even be mostly subconscious.......maybe....
Old 06-19-2007, 07:53 PM   #576  
Danielle-Red Team Member

WOW, where the heck is the red team anymore?????? C'mon ladies we've only got a few more weeks to finish this up, we can do it!!!!

Have had a busy day both at work and home with family. I swear, I'm so ready for my kids to be back in school and they've only been out for a couple weeks! LOL

Anywho, I hope whoever decides to pop by will post up and let us know how they're doing! We miss you all!
Old 06-19-2007, 09:36 PM   #577  
a new me

S/C/G: 200/192/145

Height: 5'2"

Well all,
even without the kids, it's been more hectic than ever. I am really sorry I didn't post my weight this week, so that means that I am disqualified. UGH! but I will keep posting and encouraging everyone. My friend's mother passed away and I just forgot to post yesterday.

Well I will catch up with everyone later. i am currently plateauing. So I am incorporating 2 a days and some new workouts. I got a bike this past weekend and started doing interval training. I like it a bunch so far. Hopefully I will get in the 160's soon.
Chat with you chicks later.
Love
Old 06-19-2007, 11:48 PM   #578  
Melissa

Sorry for being so scattered and basically MIA today. I took on 3 extra kids today, ages 5, 2 and 4 months. I just dont know how people with that many kids do it!! I'm exhausted.

But, my girls and I did manage to get in a great bike ride tonight! I'm off to relax but I'll catch up with those of us still posting tomorrow! Sure wish I knew what happened to our team!

I'll also add up our miles tomorrow too! Have a great night Red team!

~melissa
Old 06-20-2007, 01:56 AM   #579  

Hey, Love, that is a real bummer! I am sorry for your loss, and things like that can really take your mind off everything else. I am glad you are not quitting! Maybe there will be another challenge?

And Melissa, whew! You rock for posting at all today! I get tired just reading your post! Thanks again for all the hard work you have done these past 8 weeks.

Last edited by wannabetiny; 06-20-2007 at 01:57 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 06-20-2007, 07:56 AM   #580  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

Good morning Red Team!

Congrats to BellaMia for being our biggest loser this week!
I thought we did great, especially with our smaller team.

Charity--Yay for doing your workout first thing in the morning. I like to do one in the morning because I feel better during the day that way.

Danielle--I can relate to hubby wanting to buy all the new things at the grocery store, everything he's seen on TV. He especially loves those energy drink-type crud, and will only want X brand for a few months, then switch to something new. Right now he drinks tons of that Vault junk and he will drive to different stores to get it! And wouldn't you know it, he's naturally scrawny and can drink or eat pretty much whatever he wants! He has never EVER exercised in the 21 years we've been together. For me the big problem is that the kids have always wanted all the junk he constantly eats and I've always wanted them to have that stuff just occasionally.

Wannabetiny--Congratulations on seeing the change in your BMI! Your work is really paying off!

Love--I'm so glad you'll be keeping with us in spirit! And I'm sure you'll see the 160s soon, you've come a long way. Shaking things up with exercise is sure to help!

Melissa--3 extra young kids!!! Oh my, I would be a wet rag if I had them for a whole day. Hope you were able to relax and recuperate.

Well, I'm not sure what I'm going to do today. I know I have to pay bills and do some paperwork for school I hate doing that and I always procrastinate about it too. I bought some wonderful-looking eggplant yesterday and I'm going to make something yummy with it, I'm just not sure what!

Have a great day everyone!
Old 06-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #581  
Melissa

Good Afternoon my favorite losers!! We are about to head out and get haircuts (well not me, I wont allow one till I've lost 10 lbs!) but I had to stop by and say hello! I hope everyone is having a wonderful on plan day! I'm looking forward to going on a nice bike ride this evening again.

Ann....I've never had eggplant but have always been so curious about it. It really intimidates me. Any great ideas a first timer might try?

Okay time to run! Be strong everyone! We can win this battle!

~melissa
Old 06-20-2007, 04:33 PM   #582  
paso a paso

S/C/G: 160/125/126

Height: reaching for 5'

Melissa, my favorite eggplant dish is baba ghanoush. It's really simple and it doesn't taste eggplanty or bitter. You just roast the eggplant until it collapses and looks all disgusting, pull of the peel, smush it up and blend it with garlic, lemon, tahini, and spices. It's really yummy. I also like eggplant parmesan.

Today I tried something new--I peeled and sliced one, then brushed on just a little bit of olive oil I had mixed with Italian seasoning and garlic salt. Then I grilled it on my grill pan along with some red peppers and onions. I put slices in a pita with the other veggies and some chickpea/yogurt/lemon dip as a dressing. It was very filling and the eggplant has hardly any calories. I got the idea from RecipeZaar. I use RecipeZaar to get most of my recipes nowadays and I know there are lots of eggplant recipes there.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:39 PM   #583  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Ann, my DH is exactly the same with energy drinks. He will even go up to the poor coke/pepsi guys that are there stocking and ask them where to find the stuff! LOL Mine loves to try the new stuff but unlike me, he can control any of the junk he brings home.
Sounds like you had a yummy lunch. Its so fun to try new recipes especially when they turn out great! Bill paying is yucky, I make DH do it! I just spend it! lol

Melissa, hope you've recovered from babysitting duty! I think you should get a haircut anyways, it will make you feel like a star!

Love, I'm so bummed that you missed your weigh in! My prayers are there though for your friend, and thank goodness she had you to lean on. I really hope you'll still be coming by and telling us how you're doing, we'll miss you otherwise!

Well guys, it has finally gotten HOT here. We're talkin 115+ today. Weather like this makes me just wanna lay low and be lazy either watching tv or reading. My feet are also swollen if you can believe that. I've been up at work since 7am and have had about 80oz of water and my feet are still puffy!

I bought a new Lelsie Sansone walking dvd last night, hopefully I will get to it tonight. I may pick up the BL2 dvd as well, found it at Circuit City for 9.99. If anything, I will jump on my bike while I watch tv, something, anything to not be a lazy lump! lol

Hope you guys are having a fabulous day so far!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:53 PM   #584  

Thank you, Ann for the encouragement! Also for the eggplant idea and recipe site, I will check it out.

Danielle, sorry about the heat! It just kills me. I love Leslie Sansone, and hopefully you can crank up the AC and work out inside with her!
Old 06-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #585  
Melissa

Hello Red team!! How's everyone doing? I'm trudging along! Slowly but surely. One of these days I'll pull my head out of my rear end and get with the program again! I have been getting in those bike rides though!

Ann...thank you so much for the eggplant ideas. I'm going to bite the bullet and just try something. I've tried babaganoush before and not so sure I liked it. but I was in this weird food tasting setting and already pretty grossed out by some stuff. Actually if I remember right I liked the flavor but not the texture of it.

Danielle...hows that new workout? Good ol Leslie huh?! Dont you just wish you had her energy? LOL! UGH I dont miss that heat even a tiny bit! Stay cool my friend!

Wannabe....thanks for being so darn supportive of everyone!! How's everything going with YOU?!

Love....there is definetly going to be another challenge going in conjunction with the show! But, just because the WI doesnt count doesnt mean you still arent a part of our team! You've been cheering us all on since day one and I still want to do the same for you!

Alright ladies...time to do some chores...yippee me! I hope everyone is having a wonderful day today! Be good to yourselves!!

~melissa