Beck Diet Solution A step-by-step program to learn specific techniques to stay on our diet, lose weight, and maintain our weight loss for life.

Closed Thread

Old 05-28-2010, 06:09 AM   #301  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Height: 5'9"

Thumbs up Friday

Diet Coaches/Buddies - When I smelled the pork chops cooking last night I formulated my plan: I'd eat half of mine and take the other half for lunch today. I did; CREDIT moi. Before my journey, I'd always have two when DW had one. It was part of my lifestyle change to reduce my dinner plate to exactly what my 120 pound DW was eating - my personal version of portion control. Initially, cutting my pork chops by half seemed like a deprivation, but last night, half of a 4 ounce boneless pork chop seemed fine - particularly since knowing how good it would taste as my lunch motivated me.

Don't know if I'll ever be able to just leave it on the plate - particularly at a restaurant where it will get tossed. It's amazing to me that it's still such a challenge to think of wasted food despite all the rational arguments why that thought is silly.

onebyone - Yay for sleep. Sending supporting thoughts for that call to your mother. Support from the local Alzheimer's group seems smart. You nailed it for me with, "walking a fine line that sometimes disappears right in front of your eyes, only to come back into view."

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Yay for another 50 minutes of exercise - looks like you're on track for your May goal.

Shepherdess - Honking Kudos for recognizing that you need to cycle back to measuring portions to avoid creep. That's the kind of response to a situation that's so devoid of guilt stuff - just observing the facts and responding. Life works for me when I step outside all the loading I put on my actions and try to do what you just did.

Beverlyjoy - Congratulations for completing the prep work last night; my take is that you'll find today's colonoscopy to be a breeze compared to that. Ouch for "gaderade, jello, broth, popsycles, tea, water, etc." - not fine dining that, LOL.

Cheryl (Seadwaters) - I join the chorus offering Kudos for recognizing why turning down those Coolmints was so important. Coolmints as an entry drug seems like such an overstatement - but that happens to me also. I remembered your Coolmints when I passed by DW putting out a small dish of dried cherries and mixed nuts to have with her late afternoon tea, when I've recently found myself reaching into the container and having an unmeasured, unplanned handful of both. So I passed by and passed up that snack. Kudos to you for influencing my decision there.

Yep, it's "the C Food diet," LOL. YMMV is the acronym for Your Mileage May Vary, Internet speak for it may be different for you.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Ouch for laptop recovery. Hope your backup is fairly current.

nathy - Yep, I know that old 3 days off, 2 days on, 1 day off, 2 days on-plan. It's tough to increase that consistency. Good news that you've decided to report in daily to help you stay the course. (I was thinking of you when I typed "passed by and passed up" above - Congratulations to you for your fine job of conquering the consistently weird English language.)

MerinoGirl - Yep, "Back on track today" - it's the speed of getting back on track that seems to mark success. Being a "yellow belt" in FREE food resistance is good stuff.

new2me2 - Ouch for over busy when you're trying to get away for vacation. I can only have "Dove Dark Chocolate with Almonds" if it's a measured piece and there isn't any more around - or else I go looking for the rest.

Readers -
Quote:
day 29
Resist Food Pushers

How to Say No

Prepare now to turn down someone the next time you're offered something to eat. Here's how:

Create a sense of entitlement about turning down requests to eat.
Before you write down the costs to someone else, think about how you would react if people turned down food that you'd offered, particularly if you knew they were trying to lose weight. How bad would you feel? How long would that negative feeling last? I wonder if any reasonable person would have more than a temporary, mildly negative reaction.

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 209.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:14 AM   #302  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Hello Beck friends

Yesterday was good. I'm planning for another one today. It seems that the changing schedules have been happening faster than I can adjust to, so today will be about focusing on the Beck routines which are helping me so much. I've read my response cards and reasons for losing weight. I printed out the daily food plan chart and will plan through the weekend today. Exercise(as always) is planned.*credit* I'm very happy to note that even when daily life is hectic, I'm able to sit down when I eat-every single time. I'm really happy that some of my new tools are finding their way into my daily living.

BillBlueEyes, What an innovative technique for dinner-eat the portion DW has (or less). *credit* BTW-I'm not one to understand ANY rational reason for wasted food. Since I do all the cooking and shopping, not wasting food has to start long before it's on my plate. It is something I do very well with, especially when we don't go out. If something is unfinished, it goes right to the freezer where it can exist in suspension until it is transformed into another meal.lol

Cheryl(seadwaters), *credit* for recognizing reading response cards distracts from unplanned eating!

Donna(new2me2)*credit* for recognizing when moderation just isn't working.

onebyone, *credit* for taking steps to take care of yourself, which includes reaching out to a group with insight regarding your Mother's condition.

Shepherdess, lol for likenening food measuring to bike riding....training wheels now but once you really learn to ride you never forget!

nathy, Glad you're back! *credit* for willingness and posting here.

gardenerjoy, lol "performance stress". Hope your book club was enjoyable!

MerinoGirl, *credit* for getting back on track! BTW-Day 21 in the pink book has a scenario relating unplanned eating to numbers on the scale. I think sometimes it helps to understand you're not the only one. "Serenity Now"

Beverlyjoy, sending good vibes for your procedure today. Hope you recover quickly so you can enjoy a nice weekend.

I hope I haven't missed anyone. Getting used to the "tabbing windows" has been an unusual test of patience. I saved, then edited 3 times to avoid the disappearing post.
Off to a healthy planned day!

Last edited by Lexxiss; 05-28-2010 at 07:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:44 AM   #303  

S/C/G: 214/210/180

Height: 5'8"

I have had a few days of struggle, but am not giving up. Going into town and shopping are very dangerous....at home there are fewer options, but in town there's drive through places and grocery stores that have exciting things and my old habits of just going for food are hard to break.

I did however only buy what was on my list at the grocery yesterday, so there is hope. I will try to make that a skill that I use more often.

I like the term "restless eating"...that's it exactly.

More reading Beck, more planning, more posting are todays goals.

ponee
Old 05-28-2010, 07:53 AM   #304  

S/C/G: 271/219/healthy

Height: 5'4 1/2"

Well - Yesterday, as per instructed, I just drank clear liquids all day and starting drinking the potion at 5pm. I got about one third of a gallon down...and I just couldn't keep it down I called the doctor on call for help. I did what she said...I still couldn't keep itdown in my tummy. (rarely, that happens to people)

I had to cancel the colonoscopy and I'll have to rescheduled it and take a different kind of prep.

Darn it. I wish it had gone well. This is another time to say, "Oh well." - I don't like this but, I can't change it.

Tummy still a little upset - but, not an excuse to eat junk.

I'll try to be back later to catch up

ps I've had this procedure twice over the years and never had a problem before, but - did I different kind of prep. I think each doctor has 'their favorite' for their patient. *sigh*

Last edited by Beverlyjoy; 05-28-2010 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:16 AM   #305  
GlenwoodHotSprings

S/C/G: 275/179/179

Height: 5'5"

Beverlyjoy, so sorry to hear....*credit* for giving it your best and your commitment to a good day today.

ponee, *credit* for recognizing that struggling is part of the learning process and that giving up is not an option!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #306  
Green Tomatoes

According to the CDC, I am officially overweight instead of obese today!

The book club went well. As many of you predicted, the fact that I was aware of the possibility of performance anxiety overeating was enough to stop it before it started. I did have a planned cocktail when I came home -- a mojito using mint from our first CSA box of the year that arrived yesterday.

We had spring turnips with the greens over pasta for supper last night -- a recipe that came with the turnips in the CSA box. I wasn't sure if we liked turnips. We've had them in the fall with lots of other things in a harvest stew. But, we did like them!

WI: -0.85kg, Exercise: +40 1270/1400 minutes for May, Food: 90%op, Read my Advantages and Responses: yes

nathy: great to see you!

Shepherdess: I think that there are some things that I will always have to measure and others that will require periodic measuring to keep my eye and brain trained to what a serving size is. I know that at least some of the maintainers say that they will measure everything for the rest of their lives, so I'm trying to be prepared for that.

onebyone: your program sounds great -- and scary enough without including surgery. Good for you for going for it!

Lexxiss: glad you've found your way back online after a broken computer. Yay for your new techniques really taking hold in your daily life.

new2me2: love your signature!

seadwaters: good job using posting here as a way to ground yourself in your goals!

BillBlueEyes: yay for two meals from your pork chop supper!

ponee: good to see your post, even at a time you're struggling. I had to make rules for myself -- certain places, like drugstores and gas stations, are not places that I ever buy food anymore. It also helped to make a rule that I never eat in the car.

Beverlyjoy: so sorry that you have to go through the whole thing again. But good job recognizing this as an "Oh well" sort of day.

Last edited by gardenerjoy; 05-28-2010 at 10:56 AM.
Old 05-28-2010, 11:04 AM   #307  

S/C/G: 283/171/153

Hi Guys
Catching up on 2 days tonight as went out last night. Fortnightly visit to the physiologist went well and he is really please with my progress. Four weeks on the program and he was please with my loss so far. Still not time to hypnotise me yet and here I was thinking I would be off food completely. LOL He has me collecting (writing them down) all the images of food situations when I think about buying it or eating it. He is going to work these images into the hypnosis as they will be specific to me. I have a bit of bookwork to do each day for him on this.
I am now allow to read stage 2 but don’t have to count my calories yet. He said I was going so well and that I knew how to cut back myself that he doesn’t want to tighten the ropes on me yet. He thought that improving the Advantage Deck into more appealing cards and starting a scrapbook on my weight loss were good ideas too. I called you all up on the computer for him and showed us all on line. He found it hard to believe I had gone 10 days and not eating after tea or in front of the TV. I told him I had decided to go cold turkey as I really need to get out of this habit. If I can get after tea eating under control my battle will be ½ won.
Had a girl’s lunch at a friend’s place today. We had gone there to pick out the best pups out of a litter of 10 Labradors for the show ring. I knew that it would be food (a Pot Luck) and drinks etc so planned again and managed to stay on track. Twice people offered me desert and I said no. Doesn’t it annoy you when you say no and they keep saying just have a little. Told the girls I was with that I would be the driver so drank Pepsi Max not wine.

Credits After tea and still no eating 11 nights and growing.
Refuse dessert twice
Weight loss 12lbs

Beverlyjoy Bad luck for the test, yes there are so many different preps it depend on the Dr
Well done for not eating over it.
Ponee Great for getting only what was on the list. You will always have bad days but at least you are posting and we are all here to support you.
Lexxiss Well done for using all the tools. That’s what I am finding, they just creep into your daily routine and then you realize that your thoughts are different. It’s amazing how reading the cards every day makes some of your old routines change. Great work on sitting down all the time for eating. Hope the laptop is functioning again.
BillBlueEyes Well done on halving your pork chop that would have taken some will power.
Seadwaters Well done on stick to the plan. The hour in the pool would have been good. Thanks for comments on ticker, not sure if I want a permanent one now. My eating after tea has improved because he has me not eating in front of the TV or computer. If I want to eat I have to eat with my left hand and that doesn’t feel right. So I have stuck to it so far.
New2me2 How dare they disturb you at work while you are trying to talk to us on line, they need to get their priorities right LOL Well done on dumping coconut milk better in the bin than on the waist.
Onebyone Bariatric Management Institute never heard of that. It will be good to have someone to work with. I have my own counsellor and he is a great help while I am doing this.
You certainly need some support for mum, we have my mother inlaw in early stages now and we all help Dad to look after her. Make sure you go to the association they will be able to offer so much support if they are like the ones here in Australia. We have someone come and take mum out each week and it gives Dad a break. You always find one member of the family seems to more than the others. Just make sure you don’t forget yourself.
Shepherdess Good on you for getting the scales out again. I had to get mind out the other night as I thought my judgement was getting out of hand. I think I will always need the training wheels close by. Ha Ha Didn’t get hypnotised this week he wants to leave it a few more weeks yet. He has done me before, for my anxiety attacks and it has worked well.
Nathy Well done for coming back on line daily. Great you have got back on track. Thanks for the Welcome.
Gardenerjoy Hope all went well at the Book club. The planning of the dessert worked well this time and I hope it works well next time. I am so surprised at myself since joining you guys on the Becks how by reading all the cards and writing notes that my habits are changing fast.
MerinoGirl Dunkin Munchkins what are these Merinogirl I’m learning all the American food talk. They sound good I might have been tempered myself. Well done for getting back on track today. Yes it’s the evening meal, I’ve always called it tea but more and more people say dinner now. I’m just showing my age.

temp ticker

283--------271----------153

Broccoli 1 for each 5lbs

Have a good weekend and thanks for the support
ThisTime7
Old 05-28-2010, 12:02 PM   #308  

S/C/G: 137/137/125

Height: 5'3"

We had a historical society meeting yesterday and needed to bring something for the refreshments. I have always ignored the refreshments table, but decided to bring a veggi tray and have veggies and some dip as an evening snack. The couple that did the presentation for our historical society now run the last mom and pop grocer in Casper and just celebrated the 90th anniversary. Now they specialize in high-end meats, cheeses etc. So they brought some cheeses as well. I skipped the dip I had brought and had a bit of fantastic blue cheese instead. A little went a long way.

I meant to get up early yesterday and get a run in before an AM meeting. Once the weather warms up I switch to AM running to avoid heat, but avoiding heat hasn’t been a problem yet. But when the alarm went off yesterday AM, I couldn’t drag my lazy carcass out of bed. So when I got back home after the meeting, I realized that I had missed my window of opportunity for a cool-weather run. It was already mid-70s and only going to get hotter. I went anyways, and took it easy since the heat was a shock to the system. So now I have my motivation to get up early and exercise. I didn’t have a run scheduled for this AM, but I did get up and do weights. It was hard to get moving, but I just need to get into the habit.

Onebyone, thanks for the clarification. It sounds like a good program, but I can see why it’s scary. It is facing the problem head on. But it does sound good and comprehensive program.

Nathy, ouch for the busy schedule. When my life gets hectic I tend to fall into the off again/on again habits. Kudos for getting back here and getting back to Beck.

Lexxiss, those pups have a way of bringing chaos. It’s a good thing they’re cute. Glad you got everything working again. I love the idea of a “clean and planned day.” It looks like you’re up and running now. Kudos for all your good Beck work.

New2me2, ouch for the work crunch before vacation, but does the idea of getting away for a bit make it a bit easier to deal with? Great job dumping the creamer. That urge to supersize is a hard one to overcome! I always start the day with strong motivation and it slowly wanes as the day moves on. If I find a good solution I’ll be sure to let you know, LOL.

Seadwaters, kudos for posting instead of eating. I get that restless urge to munch as well. A good distraction is key. Great job getting to the pool and giving yourself a good excuse to use your great icon.

BillBE, I also find it so much easier to keep portions smaller when I tell myself it’ll be another meal. It’s one of those shifts in perspective. Smaller portions become an extra treat instead of a deprivation. I think it’s a great strategy. I don’t know if I’ll ever be comfortable wasting food, but saving it for later works great.

Ponee, ouch for a few days being a struggle. We do live in a toxic food culture: wherever we look there are reminders to eat and little of it is good for us. Great job sticking to what was on your list. It’s always important because then the only food that is in the house is food that is on-plan.

Beverlyjoy, ouch for the horrible prep experience and the colonoscopy that needs to be rescheduled. Kudos for your great attitude!

Gardenerjoy, congrats on moving into a new weight class! Great job avoiding anxiety-eating. My mint is finally coming in and I’m looking forward to a mojito on the lawn on a warm evening! That CSA box is so cool and it gets you eating adventurous with fresh healthy produce.

ThisTime7, it’s so great that you have a physiologist to help you work through your Beck journey. Congrats on doing all the great work so that he is pleased with your progress. My MIL loves to ask repeatedly if I want desser/a drink/an appetizer, etc. “You’re not having X? Don’t you want some? You sure?” It is well-meant but annoying.
Old 05-28-2010, 02:45 PM   #309  

S/C/G: 215/194.5/150

Height: 5'3.5"

Default Quick post

Hello Coaches,

I'm not quite back on track yet. Last night was a night out with lots of food and wine. Today I'm in recovery mode, feeling tired from not enough sleep and probably a bit dehydrated as well. Didn't plan my eating, but have pretty much eaten what I would have if I did, with extra coffee. Trying to drink water, too, and I do have Pilates tonight. Pity for my instructor (who I usually call the Evil Austrian Torturer) - he will have a very limp and useless client tonight!

To all who have a long weekend - US, UK, not sure about anywhere else - happy days off!

Robin

PS Didn't even check the scale - why bother??

Last edited by MerinoGirl; 05-28-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 04:46 PM   #310  

Hi buddies,
nice day here, sun was shining ( good for production of serotonin:-D and endorpins), now (it΄s 21:53) is raining (good for garden), family is healthy, I was on plan - what to have more? Nothing. Ideal state of affairs...

Even when I was busy(2 weeks ago), I observed my eating behavior properly. Very usefull. What I got to know about myself?

- during pms is dangerous for me to stay at home.I have (and I will) to plan this time properly - I like staying in the garden where time for me and my food doesn ΄t exist and I love it.I cached myself that I was looking for!!! some weed. So satisfied I was and didn ΄t want to go home even when the food was waiting.

- Merinogirl gave me an idea of reworking properly on AR cards. I have changed them , they works better and I΄M LOOKING FORWARD to read them. Thanks, Merinogirl.

- a lot of sabotaging thoughts. I can΄t work with them (for now). If I give myself a question " eat or not to eat (whatever)....?" it is late. It ΄s not possible win this duel. Only this question is a big sabotage. In 98% my answer WAS (or have been ???) TO EAT... sad, but true.

I have to add that I am a normal weight (118-120/ 5΄3΄΄) and don΄t need to bee on a diet but the endless ups and downs are destoying. I would like to be in normal relationship with food. No honemoon, no divorce. Mutual respect and tolerance...

THAT΄S WHY:

Weight in
Read ARC 2x
Read Becks book
Eat sitting (80%)
Eat slowly (60%) and mindfully 70%)
Eating on plan (100%)
Giving a credit
Contact you, my dear Buddies
Exercise - 35 min. treadmill

Thanks for listening and helping me.

Wish a lot of sun in your soul...

Last edited by nathy; 05-28-2010 at 05:42 PM.
Old 05-28-2010, 10:07 PM   #311  

S/C/G: 192/192/140

Height: 5'4"

Hi Beckies! Today was still busy but a much better kind! I think everyone knows I need a vacation and were being extra considerate, lol. Still gave me work, but it was manageable. Ah, now I can relax!

My exercise last night was a Zumba DVD, Zumba 20 Minute Express. Fun and short...wish it was slightly longer. I don't like the longer DVDs as much as I like this one.

I think I am going to rewrite come of my cards too. I think I'll start rereading some of the chapters too. I'm starting to feel like I'm hurrying through, and I don't want to do that.

seadwaters: Yay, on your weight drop!

BillBlueEyes: Great job on your pork chop plan! I know what you mean about leaving it on the plate...seems wasteful, but I'm getting better at that.

Lexxiss: Big credit to you for sitting down EVERY time, even when busy. I haven't quite mastered that yet, and I'm not even busy when I do it.

ponee: Good for you for not giving up! Habits ARE VERY hard to break!

Beverlyjoy: Oh no! I'm so sorry you had to reschedule! I like your attitude about it though!

gardenerjoy: YAY!!! Congratulations on dropping enough weight to get into a lower CDC category! I'm glad your book club went well!

ThisTime7: I like your physiologist's approach to hypnosis...it makes so much sense to taylor it to you as an individual! I agree with him, you are doing wonderfully! Good job on the luncheon...yes it annoys me when the "food pushers" try to make you eat. CONGRATULATIONS ON 12 POUNDS GONE!!

Shepherdess: Great plan you had for your meeting! And, oh yes, the idea of getting away for a bit makes a LOT easier, lol. And, I'll let YOU know if I find a solution to the supersizing, lol.

MerinoGirl: LOL on the Evil Austrian Torturer!

nathy: sounds like your day was indeed very ideal! Very useful things you learned about yourself. I've been discovering some little things here and there as well. Love the "mutual respect and tolerance" line!
Old 05-28-2010, 10:40 PM   #312  
persist

S/C/G: 316/307/299

Height: 5' 6"

Post Friday weigh-in

Credit moi coaches as I weighed in to face the scale and I was
264.2 (+2.4lb) from two weeks ago which to my mind is just fine. I can gain 2-10lbs of water so to me this is success. I am a successful maintainer in the 260's now. I am grateful for that.

Food was okay and light until I came home as Friday has become "pizza day" for DH now and I had a very heavy evening meal.
Oh well.
I am up and out early tomorrow to get to the farmers' market as I have to re-stock my booth with the stuff I took down last weekend. I ruined a bunch of work too as it melted in the back part of the rental car under the hot sun. Exactly what I have been warning my customers of since 1991.
Oh well to this too.
I have enough stuff so I am not stressing over it. It's too late to do anything about it and my week was hard enough without carrying that rock too.

nathy PMS is tough for me too. Anytime my body doesn't feel "right" I turn to food to fix it. It's hard for me to not do this but you are right: finding a strategy for all those situations that challenge us is the key to success. Credit for you finding your way.

MerinoGirl Sounds like you diodn't do too bad all in all so CREDIT.

Shepherdess I hear you on avoiding the heat. CREDIT for running when it warm... no, on second thought you deserve a BIG CREDIT. It's been sweltering here but we've had a bit of a break yesterday and this morning but this afternoon the temps were right up there again with a bit more humidity thrown in. We don't have air conditioning as I feel I have to get acclimatized since I work out in the market and DH works in the basement so it's always cooler for him anyway. I just really zone out in the afternoon but I do that in the winter too so... How do the new lambs (and the old sheep) do with the heat? Are they like people in that can some take the heat better than others?

ThisTime7 Hi. I don't think we've officially met
I'm a cold-turkey girl for sure. I can rarely have or even do something that is tough for me "just a little". I may be successful at first but in the end I can't control it. My two greatest success with cold turkey are smoking (29 years on July 4th) and artificial sweeteners (over a year now). I once eliminated white sugar for 2.5 years but took it back. I'd like to get to there again. Your counsellor sounds very thorough. CREDIT to you for doing the work. You will get the results for sure.

gardenerjoy kudoskudoskudos for being overweight! HURRAY

LexxissCREDIT for fitting Beck into your daily routine and for doing it long enough that parts are just happening day after day after day. Awesome.

Beverleyjoy Sorry your test is postponed and you face doing all that again. That's a real drag. This is a situation to use "Oh well" and move on as there is nothing to do to change it. Beck is useful.

ponee Hi ponee. Nice to meet you. I too like the term "restless eating" I think my "restless mind" brings my "restless legs" to the fridge where my "restless heart" wants to try this, and some of this and maybe that... And grocery stores to me are like liquor stores to alcoholics so it's best for me to stay out of them if I can and when I do go there to go with a purpose and not for entertainment purposes. I think I shouldn't eat for entertainment either come to think of it

BillBlueEyes I can't think so far in advance as my lunch the next day when I have a leftover. I am still battling the "I want to eat everything and all of it right now" a form of "hunger is an emergency" in my soul I think. Kind of doomsdayesque as in tomoorw may never come since I am unwilling to trust that I may have that leftover tomorrow. I need to slow down. I'm working on it. Are you still decluttering? I'm back on that wagon too

Time for bed.
Have a good Saturday gang...
Old 05-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #313  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Default Saturday night

Hi Coaches

Well I didn't eat last night so stayed on plan for the day. My exercise for the day was the supermarket which I have to say I find more physically gruelling than any other form of exercise! Come home pooped and ready for a stiff drink to soften the landing. The other interesting thing about being out and about is that my head is now covered in 1 cm grey stubble and it is way too annoying to wear a wig as it slips about. So I get some very weird looks because I think people think I paid for the look. But I love being without the wig - it is so...freeing. Weight today was up 0.8 lb (217.2) - I seem to be bouncing up and down but it will go away eventually.

Credits -
- Read A&R cards - Once
- Planned my day - yes
- Made food plan - yes - a bit looser that I like though
- Food on-plan - yes
- Posted to the list -yes
- Ate mindfully and seated every time - always seated, not always mindful
- Put down fork occasionally - - not applicable - haven't used them yet. But I certainly held onto my spoon at breakfast!
- Weighed myself - Yes - back up - 217.2lb
- Drank water - Yes
- Exercise - shopping
- Resistance techniques - yes - stayed on plan and didn't overeat last night
- Consciously gave credit for positive eating / exercise behaviours - Yes

Working on -
Putting down that knife and fork! (still) - and reading and creating A&R cards

Have a good day Beckies

-------
Cheryl
Old 05-29-2010, 04:21 AM   #314  

S/C/G: 202/ticker/135

Height: 5ft3in

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverlyjoy View Post
I had to cancel the colonoscopy and I'll have to rescheduled it and take a different kind of prep.

Darn it. I wish it had gone well. This is another time to say, "Oh well." - I don't like this but, I can't change it.
Sorry about this Beverlyjoy - I know how annoying the prep is but at least there is usually the advantage of getting it over. "Oh well" indeed . Hope your weekend is better for you

Ponee - I totally agree with you - If I don't have a list I spend way too much and I end up eating a bunch of things I have not business touching. My list is a very important part of the plan

BillBlueEye - great strategy for measuring portion size. Pork chops are pretty irresistible and left to my own devices and without a scale I would eat lots. I am relying heavily on the scale and the measuring cup at the moment. I am having lunch out (as in expensive restaurant) next week and will need to reread the Beck section on eating out and all the sabotaging thoughts I have about it being expensive and I don't want to pay for it and then waste it

------
Cheryl

Last edited by GosfordGirl; 05-29-2010 at 04:30 AM.
Old 05-29-2010, 05:15 AM   #315  
Super Moderator

S/C/G: 239/173/165

Thumbs up Saturday - Beginning the US Memorial Day Weekend

Diet Coaches/Buddies - Boy was that half pork chop was good at lunch yesterday, CREDIT moi. My after gym exercise was planting the bush beans and basil in our community garden, CREDIT moi for both. Lots of squats involved when planting seeds. I hope that I never get over my wonder that they'll figure out that they're now in the ground with water and it's time to begin the awesome journey to the surface to get two starter leaves out to suck in some sunlight and begin to grow. Just awesome.

onebyone - Kudos for giving yourself credit for being a successful maintainer. Hope your busy day today works well at the farmer's market and that you recover from melted artwork. I know about that "I want to eat everything and all of it right now" feeling - it's one worth battling.

Joy (gardenerjoy) - Congrats on "overweight" from the CDC and "mint" from the CSA. And Kudos for planning ahead for the snacks at your book club so that you conquered a potentially difficult situation.

Shepherdess - Loved reading of your performance at the Historical Society where you got to enjoy the "fantastic blue cheese" while staying on plan. It's important to me to find the path of enjoying good food while avoiding mindless indulging. And Kudos for running in the heat.

Beverlyjoy - Now that's one king sized Oh Well - after three days of eating mush and one third of a gallon of the devil's cider you have to start all over again. Ouch that your doctor was trying a different prep from the one you've used successfully before.

Debbie (Lexxiss) - Kudos for sitting down to eat "every single time" - my take is that that's one of Beck's biggies and was a real slap upside the head when I realized that I didn't. Good comment that saving food begins with meal planning and includes creative use of the freezer.

nathy - Your joyful celebration of serotonin, endorphins, and raining as Ideal state of affairs reminds me of Robert Browning's
The year's at the spring,
And day's at the morn;
Morning's at seven;
The hill-side's dew-pearled;
The lark's on the wing;
The snail's on the thorn;
God's in his Heaven -
All's right with the world!
I share your notion of seeking a "mutual respect and tolerance" with food.

MerinoGirl - Hope you survived your Pilates last night with your "Evil Austrian Torturer." Sounds like you're headed back on track.

Donna (new2me2) - Yay for Zumba - keep posting that you're doing it so I'll go try a class myself, LOL. Good idea to reread Beck - I find more ideas each time I reread.

ThisTime7 - Neat that you give your guy the lines for hypnosis so that it doesn't seem like magic - just more of Beck since part of the CBT stuff seems to be self hypnosis feeding ourselves the attitude we want to become habit. Big Kudos for handling the desserts and drinks at your girls' luncheon. Yep, the food pushers are a pain. One thing that works for me is to visualize that they're acting out their problem by pushing so that I step out of the situation where it's easier for me to stay my course.

ponee - Yep, that habit of grabbing fast food when our brain sees the joints is so strong - Kudos for countering it.

Readers -
Quote:
day 29
Resist Food Pushers

How to Say No

Prepare now to turn down someone the next time you're offered something to eat. Here's how:

Prepare your initial response. What will you say the next time someone offers you food? Write what you plan to say in your notebook or on a Response Card. For many people, "No, thanks," or "No, thank you, it looks delicious, but I'm fine," will probably suffice. You don't have to explain that you're on a diet or watching what you're eating if you don't want to. If it's appropriate and if you want, you can always say, "Thank you, it looks really good. Could I take a little piece home for later?"

The Beck Diet Solution, pg 210.
Closed Thread