Old 07-14-2012, 01:41 PM   #31  

Hey everyone! I'm joining in the challenge. I see some old names from other challenges and new ones! I've done a few of these challenges before only to fall back into the terrible carbland again. I'm ready to make this change and start over and make this a lifestyle. My motivation this time is a friend who is now 129 pounds and used to be my size! So, here I am again and ready to get going!
Violet73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 05:04 PM   #32  

S/C/G: 217/seeticker/130

Height: 5'5"

Hi Ladies! I hope you all are doing well! I have been dieing to weigh my self all week and broke down and did it today. (I was weighing daily and that was just frustrating!!!!!) I lost 4 lbs!!!! I honestly cant believe it! I was so upset after cheating that I worked really hard at the gym as a dont do that again because this sucks and you dont want to do it again lol.

I hope you all are having success with out having to torture yourselves and having a nice weekend!
Brooklynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:27 PM   #33  

Yay on the 4 pounds Brooklynn! That's awesome
Old 07-14-2012, 11:41 PM   #34  

S/C/G: 208

Height: 5'3"

Hi I hope it's not to late to join the challenge, I have been on holidays for the past 2 weeks and not been able to check the board. Unfortunately I have not stayed on the diet since I was on holidays and I have gained back 7 lbs,, but I am ready to get back on track. I would like to lose 15 lbs. by Sept. I am going to do the alternative program this time as I am finding IP just too expensive. I wish everyone luck for this challenge. I guess I will have to adjust my ticker weight.

Last edited by rvingprincess; 07-14-2012 at 11:42 PM.
rvingprincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 07:50 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 291.3/236.1/150

Yay groceries delivered and put away... I love PeaPod no traffic no crowds and no carrying things to your car then into the house ... Yay! I'm having coffee now and will get up in a bit and vacuum seal some of the sale items I got extra of and put them in the freezer.. - my other love is my foodsaver ... Should be on the list of 10 best inventions ever I swear.

Hi Vi so nice to see you.. You are going to do fantastic!

Brooklyn - Whooo Hooo! 4 lbs is great I think I've done that once or twice the whole time I've been losing I would be doing a happy dance that would last for the whole day

Rv welcome - it's never too late to join our challenge group - you will do great too.

Going to the club today for the best day of the year - its the lobster shoot - the members have a competition for bragging rights in the morning and the afternoon is a lobster lunch - you pay to go but someone else does the cooking and clean up so what woman wouldn't figure that is a win. And it's a LC dream - there will be non LC stuff but I won't have a problem staying away from them .. And will for sure stay away from the desserts

I'm in a weight down weight up weight down weight up phase lately it seems ... I know it is because I've lost so much and my body is trying to hold on but dang I so want to get into onederland I can taste it! It's only a little over 4 lbs to get there - it's taking for freaking ever I swear. Maybe when I go over that line I will have a woosh into the next decade and will be over the 100 lb lost numbers ... Trying to be patient...

Have to report to county criminal court Monday afternoon for jury selection - please please keep your fingers crossed that they dismiss me....
rho1640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:48 AM   #36  

Welcome RV! It's good to see ya here I wouldn't be able to afford IP either. I can cook for my daughter and me both with doing Atkins. I just add in some things she likes such as potatoes or mac and cheese to our dinners and it works great. I'll have green beans or salad with my meat. Breakfast is always good too and I'll add in some toast for her. There really is no extra expense. The nights she just wants oatmeal or something small like a corn dog then I just eat a salad with leftover chicken or something.

Rho, what is the PeaPod? They deliver groceries to your house? Man, I would love that as I absoultely cannot stand grocery shopping. I hope you don't get selected for jury duty! I've yet to be called for that.

I'm about to cook up some hamburger patties and pork chops to have for the week. I was going to do this yesterday but had a bad headache and just wanted to be lazy

I'm having to run to the bathroom a lot this morning. This always happens when I first get back on track with Atkins. It will all level out. I know that I'm already feeling less bloated and have no heartburn! yay!!! Hope all of you have a great Sunday
Old 07-16-2012, 09:39 AM   #37  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet73 View Post

Rho, what is the PeaPod? They deliver groceries to your house? Man, I would love that as I absoultely cannot stand grocery shopping. I hope you don't get selected for jury duty! I've yet to be called for that

Yes it is Stop and Shops delivery service - I started using it when I broke my arm a few years ago and now wouldn't give it up for anything ... I try to go to the produce store or farm stands this time of year for that stuff but the delivery of everything else is great. I would use the same or more in gas so the delivery fee doesn't matter to me and I'm happy to tip the guy bringing everything in - . I figure I make up the difference in not buying impulse things
Old 07-16-2012, 12:01 PM   #38  

Rho, that sounds awesome! I impulse buy too much. It would be worth it to do this. I just wish we had that service here in our town. It would really be a great business for someone to start.

Diet -wise, I'm doing great. I'm feeling the Atkins flu, but I'm drinking lots of water and taking my vitamins, increasing salt, and getting rest. I do have to go to the store later today though (a great day for the delivery service if it was offered). I'm waiting to weigh to see how things go..
Old 07-16-2012, 07:43 PM   #39  

Hello! I would like to join the challenge if it isn't too late. I am at 195 and would love to be looking 180 in the face come Labor Day. But, for that to happen I really need to exercise regularly. That's my downfall.
5Ropers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:24 AM   #40  

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5Ropers View Post
Hello! I would like to join the challenge if it isn't too late. I am at 195 and would love to be looking 180 in the face come Labor Day. But, for that to happen I really need to exercise regularly. That's my downfall.
welcome

If you're just starting Atkins, I would wait a little while before you exercise so your body can used to the diet change
Old 07-17-2012, 10:35 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 268/ 264 /200

Height: 6'0"

May I jump in here? I would like to lose 20 and get back into working out daily.
Harleywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 12:09 AM   #42  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleywoman View Post
May I jump in here? I would like to lose 20 and get back into working out daily.
of course! Welcome!

20 pounds shouldn't be too hard on Atkins

I wish that was all I had to lose :P
Old 07-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #43  

Yay love all the new challengers - welcome -

crap its hot! Did 20 minutes of hooping this morning and had to quit I will try to do it 2 more times today - I'm trying to work up to an hour in a day ideally 30 and 30 for now - and I stop and try the smaller hoop too which makes me have to work harder and faster still can't do long on it but now at least I can do some with it -- and on the bigger hoop I'm getting much better at going in both directions. Maybe I will make a smaller hoop and put some rice in it so it is weighted ... That might make it harder than the big hoop but easier than my pretty bought hoop ..

Done done done with Jury duty for 6 years hooray! Will get a check for $80 which right now should fill my car with gas - and since it used just over a quarter of a tank for the two days I guess I'm ahead of the game ..

Haven't weighed this week - have eaten more than normal (all OP just more and less than 20 carbs just more volume) and I'm drinking tons and tons of water and putting lots of salt on my food because of the heat .. and my routine was messed up enough with the jury duty that I haven't gone to the bathroom - tmi I know but it will mean I weigh more lol. ... Next week I get blood work done and see cardiologist on Friday - should be off BP meds completely by then .. Am down to the lowest dose possible and BP is averaging 100/65 sometimes 103/65 once 97/65 I felt kinda blah at that one though ... I sooo wanted to be below 200 by doctor visit and I will be close but I don't think I will make it - my body has slowed down the last few months to a crawl - I know intellectually that it needs a set point after losing so much but I was really hoping it wouldn't happen till about 189 so I was working on the numbers after 100 lost. 191.3 will be 100 gone and I am so excited for it to get here - dang it .. I'm sure it will take till September at least ..

How is everyone in the heat making out ... Sort of envious of you all in winter zones right now ... My living room with all the fans going is 90 and it's only 10:30 in the morning ...
Old 07-18-2012, 11:39 AM   #44  

S/C/G: 268/ 264 /200

Height: 6'0"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet73 View Post
of course! Welcome!

20 pounds shouldn't be too hard on Atkins

I wish that was all I had to lose :P
Violet, I actually have a little over 60 pounds total to lose. 20 will be my goal for Labor Day..
Harleywoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 231/169/125

Height: 4' 11"

Thanks for the challenge! I am on IP and have a goal to lose 20 pounds by Labor Day. I am currently at 207. This encouragement really helps me.
ConHop is offline   Reply With Quote