Closed Thread

Old 02-08-2005, 12:12 PM   #46  

here is my update.

I have been doing ok with food. I have had a few days that I have had regrets about and know that i could have done better. Those days got me into one of those moods where you say to yourself "why bother....mmmmm that cake looks really good" I am not going to give into that! One day at a time. One day at a time. I am not going to let some stupid cake cause me to give up. Weight gain and loss is a one day at a time thing. I know that I could just eat more and more each day and be right back where i started or I could put those horrible days behind me and keep on the healthy track as much as i can.

It took me 15 years to get that big. Can i really expect it to come off in a week. NO!

I must keep going. (I just needed to give myself a little pep talk thanks all for listening)

Wanttolosealot- PLEASE DON'T GIVE UP! I know that you can do this to. You will have good days and some bad, but remember that one or two days or even three or four bad days can be put behind you. You can reach your goal.
Keep it up.
Old 02-08-2005, 03:09 PM   #47  
Waisting away

Well, after rigidly followng my plan last week for 5 days, I GAINED 1.6 lbs. Whaaa haaaa. I was told not to worry about it, but we all know how easy that is. We went out of town for the weekend to visit the in-laws and I slipped a bit. Tonight's weigh-in will tell the tale.

Keep up the good work everone.
Old 02-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #48  
Gotta move my Thang!

Well ladies, all I can say is "Bleah."

I've been off the wagon since the end of January, and I'm up 4 pounds. Grrrr. I don't think I've even tried to be good. But the weird thing is, having eaten pretty healthy (South beach style) for a few weeks, that now I'm pigging out I'm noticing I have constant heartburn, and I can't get out of bed, and I'm cranky a lot. Whoo boy, who knew? Oh, and all I want to do is sit in a room and not interact with anyone.

It all seemed to start when I went to my doctors appointment, and she told me how great I was doing. It was like my subconscious said "MUST... Sabotage... Progress! Now!" And since then I've been the barbecue/Chicken finger/GIANT Pizza/Wendy's Monster from HAIL. Growl.

So, what to do, what to do? Well, Firstly, clean out my fridge - it's nasty and I don't want to open it to get food out, so I don't and buy prepared food instead. Then, make myself something to eat for my darn lunch! Cheese Louise! (that's not a dish, it's an interjection.) If I had a big salad and hunk of lean chicken to nosh on at work, I would not go hunting lunch at the restaurants in town. Growl again.

But at least that's the plan.

Chow! I mean... Ciao!
Solarmama
Old 02-08-2005, 07:58 PM   #49  

Solarmama, I know exactly what you mean, Until today I was completely OFF Program since Christmas and gained almost ten pounds! I feel like I wasted two months!

I am now determined to get back on track. I went to my first session at Curves tonight and I loved it! I feel the motivation kicking in and I am going to clean my fridge as well (thanks for the idea!) It's great to have all of you around as well and during the time I was not behaving I was not posting either. I am determined to do this February goal!!!

Take Care

Dale
Old 02-09-2005, 09:29 AM   #50  

Height: 5'-2"

Hey, girls!
Like some of you, I've been doing REALLY lousy, and have decided to skip my weigh-in this week.
I've just bought myself a ship-load of fruit and veggies, and I'm going to have a good week before next weeks weigh-in.
How's everyone doing? Does anyone need a kick in the butt? Because I've been OP for an entire hour, here, and I feel strong enough to help anyone who needs it.
Old 02-09-2005, 02:29 PM   #51  
Slowly shrinking

My appetite is still iffy, it hasn't been hard to stay on track the past week. I'm down 3 pounds, feeling kind of tired and cranky. Must be the antibiotics leaving my system.

Feb start: 148
Feb 9: 145
Old 02-09-2005, 02:38 PM   #52  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

This morning I was back down to my starting weight for this challenge... Hopefully I can keep this moving in the right direction... DOWN!
Old 02-09-2005, 03:16 PM   #53  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Just baked 3 batches of brownies (Orchestra fund raiser) and D@#! they smell good!!! I WILL NOT EAT ANY.......I WILL NOT EAT ANY......GRRRRR I AM WOMAN HERE MY STOMACH GRUMBLE (OOPS!) I MEAN I AM STRONG!!!
Old 02-09-2005, 03:44 PM   #54  

I to am having that feeling of "This month is not off to a good start"

Must be something in the air?

I plan to keep on track even if I see no change. I also plan to up my exercise...which reminds me Dr. Phil is on soon. Gotta put on those runners and walk. (not allowed to watch my guilty pleasure unless i am moving)

Lets all work hard for some change.

add one glass of water
walk an extra 5 minutes
put the brownie down
give yourself a minicure instead of walking to the fridge

WE CAN DO IT!

T
Old 02-10-2005, 10:06 AM   #55  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Bleah... I gained 2lbs last week but I am trying to stay on track this week....
Old 02-10-2005, 10:13 AM   #56  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

Well, I like the scale today.... 188.5#! Everything seems so much more possible when you see a lose, doesn't it?
Old 02-10-2005, 10:33 AM   #57  
Gotta move my Thang!

Jeepers, it must be the alignment of the planets or something - sounds like we're all having troubles. I still haven't really saddled up to get back on track, and the weather is icky today so I'm totally unmotivated. But I did bring some leftovers for lunch. That's a start, because it's low-fat beans and rice. Dinner will be leftover skillet casserole and veggies. I need to chill out on the snacks! That's what's been killing me lately. Only so many handfuls of chocolate chips you can justify on any diet plan.

And I STILL haven't cleaned my fridge! Gah! It's just getting more gross as I wait, and that's a serious downer. But when there's a noticable fragrance difference between door-open and door-closed, that's when you KNOW it must be done. I wonder if I have any rubber gloves?

Wish me luck ladies! I'll need it!
Solarmama
Old 02-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #58  
Amy Needs New Shoes

haha good luck on the fridge clean Solarmama! I feel your pain. All the leftovers from Super Bowl are too tempting. Lots of chips and snack mix. I managed to give all the sugary treats away but the chips are still around, taunting me.

Ellis you crack me up

I'm not doing great but I'm not doing that bad either. November and December were pretty hard for me with all the treats and lack of exercise. I feel pretty flabby now. I've managed to walk 2 days this week. And I'm eating less, even if its not the right kind of stuff (I had snack mix for dinner last night! shesh is that a good meal or what?!) but I haven't had a soda in 2 days and no sweets in 2 days. So if I can . just . keep . this . up.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:01 AM   #59  

hey girls! remember that weight loss is a journey and occassionally on all journies we make pit stops! mine was at the club on thursday where i had plenty of beer and shots to make up for all my hard work! well it actually wasn't too bad, but since i was out until 3:45 let's just say that 8am weight class did not happen on friday. however, i did workout friday afternoon at like 2 when i finally woke up. this week i am doing much better though and i have lost 2 lbs! i'm going to the club again tonight (how i love to dance!) however i've promised myself no alcohol! or maybe just a few shots but not near as many as the other night!

i hope everyone has a much better week this week! a little extra determination goes a long ways!
Old 02-10-2005, 12:16 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 189/177/135

Height: 5'7

Sounds like Febuary has been rocky for some of us... I know the woes of up/down/stand still - it has been a dance that I have done for years. I am actually doing pretty well, not exercising but just can't find the motivation to do that hopefully it will come. I am actually down to 151.5 this AM which is a weight I haven't seen in a while, starting to fit in to most of my clothes- but am not holding my breath- my brain is telling me that I am not working hard enough to be losing weight. Still getting hard time at work with people telling me that I am thin enough blah blah... Frustrating... to say the least... Well Note to all Just stick with it and don't give up.... If I can lose weight anyone can.

Hugs,
Amy
Closed Thread