Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 04:39 PM   #31  
Bewitchin' in the kitchen

Well Phttttt! Not doing so good this week as I was sick the other day and didn't eat properly then I went out for Chinese food for a friend's birthday - although I did eat just enough to feel satisfied and did not totally out!

I have to keep some points aside for dinner on Sunday as I am going out for Indian Food with the girls while the guys stay home to watch the Superbowl
Old 02-05-2005, 09:23 AM   #32  

Default Hi All..

I am back from being out of town for two days. I did well dieting, given that three meals were in restaurants. I opted for protein and greens whenever possible and stayed away from sugars and starches, which always seem to awaken the hunger monster inside me. I didn't get to do any walking and today I feel it, as I am actually feeling ACHY, like I NEED to move! I will get back on my treadmill today. The GOOD news is that I didn't gain anything while gone, so I am happy about that, nor did I feel like I deprived myself, either. Trying to understand my body, what my trigger foods are, how to illiminate them from my diet and how to live with it and still enjoy eating!

Welcome to all new challengers.

Sweetpea
Old 02-05-2005, 09:29 AM   #33  
unabashed

S/C/G: 344/321/220

Height: 5'5

it's really easy to have healthy chinese food... instead of getting something with a sweet sauce get teriyaki or szechuan, and instead of fried chicken get grilled and either extra veggies and no rice, or brown rice...

good luck!
Old 02-05-2005, 10:02 AM   #34  

Yeah, I loaded up on the vegetable dish we ordered and only had one piece of the General Tao's chicken ( the piece was about the size of the first two fingers on your hand put together) so It wasn't too bad. I am not a fan of fried rice so I skipped that entirely.
Old 02-06-2005, 10:01 AM   #35  

Ok, January sucked for me and I gained 5 pounds instead of losing anything. I just joined Curves (they opened one about a five minte walk from my house) and I am excited to start that. I will do this challenge this month and post more. I miss you guys and tend to let everything go when I amnot posting. Work has been a killer and I have not had any time for anything. This month will be about me!

Start Weight 154 (yuck)
Feb. goal 149

I start Curves on Tuesday and I am excited about getting exercise in my program.

Another goal is also to give up the beer and replace it with water.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:00 PM   #36  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Ahhhhhh!!!! (screaming and stamping feet). I gained weight instead of lost. I am going to sew my mouth shut I think. Up to 247 lbs.
Old 02-06-2005, 03:35 PM   #37  

I'm joining this a little late, but I am going to lose 3 pounds during February! I'm starting out at 239, so that puts me at 236...and only 4 pounds from what I weighed when I graduated from high school.

Mel
Old 02-06-2005, 10:40 PM   #38  

Welcome mel!
Old 02-07-2005, 11:51 AM   #39  
Amy Needs New Shoes

Well I have 2 words. Super Bowl. I ate a ton of bad stuff yesterday. Way too many sweets. I'm sure I'm up a pound or 2 cause I feel icky! I'm going to work in some kind of exercise today but haven't decided what type. Probably walking since its a beautiful day here. I want to do some kind of exercise at least 3 days this week. Good luck to everyone. Lottie I love your new pic! Very cute chickie!
Old 02-07-2005, 02:44 PM   #40  

Yeah, I ed out on Indian food last night and I am not looking forward to weigh in at ww tonight Oh well, back OP today and I am starting a new fitness plan tomorrow a.m. so onward and downward
Old 02-07-2005, 06:22 PM   #41  

Well, I had pilates today and I plan on working out tonight. I am signed up for a time slot...so hopefully I make it there. I have not lost any weight, but I have not gained any weight since my last weigh-in,so I won't complain. I think I figured out part of my problem...weekends. Weekends seem to be complete chaos for eating right and exercising. When I am on campus...I walk a minimum of 2 miles a day and a max of 6 miles a day, but on weekends, I might walk to the grocery store or a friends house. Hummmmmmmm

Last edited by Universityprincess; 02-07-2005 at 06:24 PM.
Old 02-07-2005, 09:32 PM   #42  

Default Hi all...

Exciting to see some new faces here, and comforting to see some familiar ones, too. I am back on the treadmill this morning after being away from it for 5 days. I did go for a 4 mile walk over the weekend and the pace was pretty good...about 3.4 mph. I feeling really good with my walking program. This morning I got my pace up to 3.5 mph for over a period of 25 minutes - half of the time jogging. I would like to improve that to 4.5 mph by the end of the month. Food wise, I've been doing ok. I didn't weigh in this weekend as I was not home, but feel I am doing ok. Evenings are the hardest....not sure if I am just hungry or what. During the day I keep pretty busy and can keep thoughts of food suppressed. By evening I am tired and want to relax, but of course, that's the time that thoughts of food like to entertain me!

Sweetpea
Old 02-08-2005, 08:39 AM   #43  
One step at a time...

S/C/G: 236/236/166

I've been putting off this update hoping things would change before I posted, but they aren't, so why delay the inevitable.... I am up 3# and very frustrated with myself I don't know what my problem is because i still have over a week to TOM so I guess I'm going to have to buckle down even harder!
Old 02-08-2005, 09:53 AM   #44  

Today is actually day one for me, I had a healthy breakfast with a huge glass of water (instead of my usual coffee) Tonight I am going to my first Curves experience and I am excited about it.

Brought fish for lunch and I WILL remain OP all day, I will remain OP all day

Have a great one all!

Dale
Old 02-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #45  
Amy Needs New Shoes

One day at a time Jenn. Hang in there, you'll make it!

I'm feeling pretty good today. I did 1 mile last night at the indoor track at my new YMCA. And I got all of the sweets out of my house today so there won't be any more temptation. I had an urge to grab a cookie last night but I grabbed a can of light pears instead. So I feel very virtuous. Hoping to get in another mile today. Have a good day everyone.
Closed Thread