Closed Thread

Old 12-02-2002, 12:19 AM   #16  

Height: 5'-2"

What lovely stories....

Terrigrrrl, it's not very romantic...
He said, "I was wondering if you'd care to take in a show with me?" I mean really.... most people just say, "Hey, do you want to go and see a movie sometime?"
It was like a voice from ... from... you know. Too bizarre.
Old 12-02-2002, 04:17 AM   #17  
the kid's counting on me!

Okay...since I'm already up this late I'll try to do this...I've always thought of publishing this story someday so this will be my first draft...also, forget confidentiality because anyone who knows us well will recognize this story.

My partner and I met at a lesbian camping weekend. It's called the Sisterspace Lesbian Feminist Pocono Weekend! or the LFW...can you even believe that?
It was started over thirty years ago by a small group of women and just grew and grew...but, kept the name.

I planned to go with my older sister who is also a lesbian. I had been to the LFW a couple of times before. This time I was single. I was recovering from some wounds from the past two loves. Work had been a little stressful and I just wanted to go and relax. My sister was meeting her partner up at camp. Her partner was working there and had gone up early. My sister and her partner were camping in tents. No way for me...six summers as a girl scout camp counselor had more than supplied my quota for tent sleeping. I wanted to stay in a cabin...with running water and flush toilets.

One of my friends was staying in a cabin with a group of her friends. She welcomed me to bunk in with them. Now, being a lesbian event you had a choice
of signing up for a "quiet" cabin or a "chem-free" cabin. I wanted quiet and chem-free. I didn't want to be around a bunch of drunk or high loud people. I was concerned that I wouldn't be able to get enough rest. Afterall, I was going there to be quiet and meditative...to relax and recooperate from life, surrounded by alot of trees and alot of chicks.

I was disappointed and nervous because my friend was signed up for a regular cabin. Oh great, they'll keep me up all night and be partying and obnoxious, I thought. But, I went anyway.

My sister and I drove up together and got ourselves settled in. We decided to go to a play late Friday afternoon...they have all sorts of stuff going on up there. When it was over we were walking outside. I commented to my sister that one of the actresses looked like an old friend of ours. We were speculating about whether or not the old friend was a lesbian. I said, "well she was pretty butch." From behind this woman comes up between us, puts her arms around both of our shoulders and says..."butch, who, where, do you like them that way?"

We stopped and started conversing with her. We told her that we were sisters and she said, "sisters... really?" I said, "we're ALL sisters here." Then we introduced ourselves. My sister and I cracked up when she told us her name...ironically, she had the same first name as our mother. When we explained why we were laughing she said, "oh, you really are sisters...are you together?" She meant...TOGETHER! We were totally disgusted and said "NO!"...my sister mentioned that her partner was working on the steering committee for the weekend and I said that I was single. The woman replied, "hmmmm single, ahhhh, that's a shame, well, we'll see about that..."

Skip to later that night at the dance. One of my friend's friends who was sharing our cabin asks me to walk out of the dance with her. We walk down to the pool and sat on a bench. She starts to tell me how she and her partner aren't doing well and next thing you know she's kissing me...it feels nice but, I think about her partner and how slimey this is, I stop her, she protests...I get up and walk away annoyed. My friend finds me and says...so and so's girlfriend is pissed because you two left the dance together and someone saw you kissing by the pool. I say, tell her partner not to worry, it will never happen again, at least not with me!

I say to myself, sis is off in her buggy and uncomfortable tent with her partner, I'm stuck here with my friend and her friends... why did I come here with this group of women? They're a mess. They want to party all night and fight with each other and I don't want to get involved in other people's messes. I go back into the dance by myself. I notice this incredibly attractive young blonde. I say to myself...she is the hottest woman here, but unfortunately, she thinks so too. (I'll come back to her later!)

I sit on a chair...wallflower...and feel sorry for myself for awhile. I scan the crowd for a familiar face, someone to talk to, dance with...I see the wild funny woman with my mother's name, she is dancing with two of her friends...I think...hmmmm...three is an odd number for dancing. Totally out of character, I get up, walk over, and start dancing with them...with her...the woman with the name.

We try to talk over the volume of the music. She asks me if I would like to "go out somewhere" later. I laugh. We're in the middle of the woods. Our cars are
parked in. We're not going anywhere until Sunday morning. She's asking me out on a date! Too cute.

Then she remembers she has to do her work shift. Remember, lesbians. All attendees have to do a two hour work shift. You know the whole cooperative communal deal. So, her work shift is "security" from 11:00pm to 1:00am. She asks me which cabin I'm in and says she'll come "pick me up" at 1:00am after her work shift.

I say okay, but, getting nervous, I add an out that I am a heavy sleeper so if I'm sleeping when she arrives she should just catch me another time. Afterall, I don't even know this woman and I'm the one who ISN'T going to be up partying all night. Before she leaves the dance she tells me that her assignment is to "guard" the campfire...she makes a comment about putting out a fire "down there" with a part of her anatomy. Who is this woman? Then she leans over and lays an amazing kiss on me! Open mouth! Hey, we just met! I'm totally taken aback...and intrigued.

I tell my friend. She says, "whoa...what are you going to do when she comes by at 1am?" I say..."ummmm....I don't know. Pretend that I'm sleeping?" My friend is totally amused as we walk back to our cabin. This is so not my style...I'm the conservative one...I have never had a one night stand, never picked anyone up in a club, nothing of the sort.

I go into the cabin thinking that I made a mistake. I decide that I'll hurry up and fall asleep to avoid the wild woman. My friend and her friends are on the porch smoking. My friend comes in..."there is someone here to see you". I walk out onto the darkened porch. There she is. Early. Two hours early. She is passing something back to my friend. She looks at me and says, holding her breath, "you smoke?" "No", I say firmly. She turns her head to exhale away from me and turns back quickly saying..."me neither".

And so the date begins. She tells me that her friends got rerouted to patrol the tent area and that she has to gaurd the campfire area by herself. She is armed with a flashlight. She is scared really and wants me to come with her. I do. I tell her not to worry, I'm a girl scout.

She keeps forgetting my name...calling me different names...she keeps telling me how adorable I am...I keep telling her how adorable she is...she keeps asking me if her friends put me up to this...if they're paying me to hang out with her...she is funny...and flirtatious...and flattering...she's using all the worst lines that I've ever heard...I'm smitten.

She asks me if I know why women come to this weekend, she asks me if I know what LFW stands for. I say, "of course, Lesbian Feminist Weekend" She says, "no, Let's F*** Weekend" I say, "I'm not that kind of girl". She says "me either".

Two hours go by and the work shift is ending. She says to me..."I don't want to pressure you. I don't want you to feel uncomfortable. Really, no pressure. You decide what you want to do. After this work shift,you can come back to my cabin with me. Or, you can go back to your cabin...and I'll come with you." No pressure. She made me laugh so much. I invited her back to my cabin.

We start walking away from the campfire and the cocky wild woman gets nervous and asks me to come to her cabin instead. I comply. Ironically, her cabin is right next door to mine. We fall into her 24inch wide cot and I'll say no more...except that I was a total hypocrite...thinking that I needed to be in a quiet cabin. We spent the night there. In the morning we could hear my friend and her friends next door speculating as to where I was. We went back to sleep, slept through breakfast and went to lunch.

After lunch we went back to my cabin and continued what we had started the night before. Then we split up, vowing to get together again later...but, later, Wild came to tell me that her ex-girlfriend (the gorgeous blonde from the dance) had seen us at lunch. The ex wanted to spend some time with her to "talk". I deferred to the ex-girlfriend and saying, "we just met, you and she have history, do what you have to do."

On Sunday Wild stopped into my cabin before she left camp. She was headed for the airport to visit a friend in the mid-west. As she sat there, handing me a little piece of paper with her name and address and telephone number on it, I couldn't take my eyes off of her eyes. I couldn't wipe the grin off of my face. There we sat...staring at each other and smiling until her friends called to her for a third time that they had to leave.

She called me twice from her trip to the mid-west and sent me a postcard. When she got home we went out on our first date. My first one night stand turned into fifteen years! and counting! She does remember my name now.

(The story of the final ending between her and her blonde bombshell ex is in chapter two!)
Love, Soozie
Old 12-02-2002, 06:09 AM   #18  
Velvet Goddess

S/C/G: 297/250/126

Height: 5'6"

Arrrgh! A cliffhanger! Why would you do that to me! LOL!

What a great story! I love it! I think that's so great, and to be together for 15 years too! How romantic! *sigh* Maybe one day I'll find someone, and have my own great story to tell.

Hurry with the rest! I'm dyin' to know about the gorgeous blonde!
Old 12-02-2002, 07:12 AM   #19  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I am sooooo boring.
I met the first one bowling! The second one at a family wedding!
Conservachick
Old 12-02-2002, 09:52 AM   #20  

me too! I am dying ova heya to know the rest of the story! he he

Ok, now I did I follow the story correctly? Wild is your DP?

Sorry I was getting confused!

Terri
Old 12-02-2002, 01:57 PM   #21  
Must Shrink.

What a wonderful thread idea...

I met my hubby at college in 1982, I was 19. We married in '84. Started reproducing in '87. Didn't stop until '96. Moved around a million times. Somehow managed to grow up together, and stay together. Sometimes I feel very restless, it's a 40 thing, I think. I am married to my best friend, and can't believe my luck, and he has given me happiness for half my life. I wasn't very happy in my first half, so all in all I feel that life is pretty good.

I do believe that there is a lot of love and potential for love out there. I don't think that there is only one love, but many.

Limitless.

When I first met him he really irritated me. Sometimes he still does... I must irritate him too.

Lois
Old 12-02-2002, 04:46 PM   #22  

Yes, Wild is my DP.

I'll try to make this one brief so I won't be late for work.

Cut to two months later...Gorgeous Blonde is out of the picture...they had broken up but she was jealous when she saw DP and I together a the LFW so she wanted to get DP's attention.

DP and I have been dating but there has been no discussion of exclusivity or monogamy. DP tells me that ex, ie. gorgeous blonde wants to take DP out to dinner for DP's birthday and to put some "closure" on things. I ask DP if she plans to sleep with ex. DP says, "I don't know". I say, "How can you not know?" "That is a decision you make." DP thinks that her genitals will determine this...not her mind.

So, I assume, yeah, they'll probably have one last go at it. Whatever. We're not married but I'm not thrilled about it.

I make plans to visit my friend Eric and his partner that night...so I won't be sitting around wondering. When I get to his house he has invited some other people...my ex, (we had been apart two years at that point) her brother, and another mutual friend of ours. My ex and her bro both live in the city so they walked to Eric's house.

We all talk for awhile and then decide to get some pizza for dinner. Eric's partner goes out to pick up the pizza and sees my DP with some gorgeous blonde going into a nice restaurant in the neighborhood. He comes back to Eric's house with hot pizza and hot gossip. He tells everyone but me that he saw the woman that I'm dating with another woman. (obviously, I hadn't mentioned to them that the woman I was dating was going out with her ex that night)

At the end of the evening I offer to drive my ex and her bro home to their places because it is dark and cold outside. They both accept. Bro lives further West so I'll drop ex off first and then her bro.

Last minute bro says he wants to walk home. So, I drive ex to her apt. She says in car that she isn't feeling too well and wishes someone was waiting upstairs to make her a cup of tea. I say, "I'll come up and make you a cup of tea. No problem."

I go up, make her a cup of tea, spend the night...oops....

Next day I'm at work. Get a call from DP. She is still in the city...(I worked in the city and lived there but DP lived in New Jersey) So, I figure she spent the night with ex. I say, "did you sleep with ex? I mean, I hope you did, because I did." DP comes over to my office and meets me for lunch. She lets me sweat it for awhile since I confessed first. Then she admits to sleeping with ex.

We both further confess that sleeping with ex and ex solidifies our conviction that we only want to be with each other...being with someone else just didn't cut it...for either of us.

So, instead of being a problem it actually made us feel more intimate...more bonded. And we were both amused at the plethora of coincidences...my ex was at Eric's that night, her bro decided to walk, she didn't drive her car...Eric's partner saw my DP and the blonde when he went out to get the pizza...

the end...the beginning...
Love, Soozie

Last edited by soozie; 12-02-2002 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-02-2002, 05:01 PM   #23  

Height: 5'-2"

Good grief!! This is so graphic!!!
please, tell us more...
Old 12-02-2002, 08:18 PM   #24  
Velvet Goddess

Ellis you are so funny!

Yeah Sooz! Tell us more!!!!
Old 12-02-2002, 10:48 PM   #25  
Cookin' With A Vengeance!

Lots of great stories here!!!
Old 12-03-2002, 02:42 AM   #26  
a brave new me...

Angry OK

Its 1993 and I have just finished college and went back to my dinky hometown for a few months. I get a job at a local bookstore while trying to figure out what to do next in my life. So there is this hot... really hot... out of my league hot guy working there who is friendly and funny and smart. He has just finished college with a teaching degree and is thinking about the Peace Corps. Being the gutsy and ambitious alternachick that I am, I decide to pursue him.

Its October and I manage to arrange our schedules so we worked a few shifts together and we start to get to know each other. Out of the blue he asks me out for coffee... with heart racing I say yes. So we meet at a local diner and drink bad coffee. He talks about himself for a couple hours and I'm thinking, give me a break. I point this out and ask if he is interested in learning about me. Looking slightly stunned, he seems to really look at me for the first time. I think that was the moment, the moment I captured the first bit of his heart and that he realized I was different than "the other girls".

So he went out of town that weekend and his car breaks down in a parking lot. We haven't spoken and then he calls me Saturday and I offer to drive him to the city where the car is stalled. His piece of crap Pontiac was a catalyst for our relationship... the thing was so old you literally had to hold two wires together to start it! But I had him as a captive audience the hour drive there. We talk and laugh and enjoy the autumn day. I tell him he has a nice *** when he is looking in the hood of the car. He doesn't stand a chance.

He asks me if I want to go out dancing on Halloween and I agree, this is obviously a date. So this hunky guy shows up at the door dressed as a Chippendale! I am shocked at his audacity but totally smitten. He has huge muscles and is shockingly handsome. Strange women are shoving dollar bills down his pants all night at the club. We dance too close and I whisper in his ear "You know that once you get to know me you are going to fall in love with me." He looks at me and just smiles. That night I go home and announce to my family that I have met the man I am going to marry.

We spend every day together... but he wants to take things slowly. I am completely in love with him. I can't get enough of his mind, his body, his gorgeous green eyes, his kisses. Many men have fallen in love with me right away and here is the man of my dreams taking his time! He tells me he wants to be sure this time. He actually wants to wait to have sex... he completely respects me and says he wants our first time to be meaningful. This is definitely not your average guy. On Valentine's Day he drives me up to a cliff overlooking our hometown and reads me a poem he wrote and tells me he loves me for the first time. He's sure.

In March he makes plans for dinner and tells me to dress up and meet him at the bookstore after closing. When I get there he pulls out this little plastic box with a corsage in it and asks me to wear it to dinner. I open the box and attached to the roses is this stunning diamond engagement ring... when I look up in shock he is down on one knee and asks me to spend the rest of my life with him. I cry, I say yes, he looks relieved, and we are married in June... after only eight months together. We make love for the first time on our honeymoon. He is amazing and wonderful and beatiful. We just celebrated our eighth wedding anniversary this June and we have an incredible marriage. I am so very blessed.

Last edited by Sojourner; 12-03-2002 at 02:49 AM.
Old 12-03-2002, 04:12 AM   #27  
Velvet Goddess

Oh my God! What a beautiful story! It made me a little teary just reading that! Wow, how great to be that in love. Thanks for sharing that with us Sojo!
Old 12-03-2002, 09:51 AM   #28  
Losing Lbs/Finding Me

S/C/G: 270/235/160

Height: 5'4"

Soozie,
That was the greastest love story. You and your DP are a match made at LFW. I had never heard of it before, however, my friend Pam keeps telling me about the weekend camping trip her and a group of Lesbian friends used to go on every year. SHe has not gone in a while but wants me to go with her this summer. Sounds like a lot of fun!
Sojo,
Your story was beautiful! You sound like a perfect match. All of your stories are great.
Virginia
Old 12-03-2002, 11:03 AM   #29  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

You mean that you can have sex with someone and not be married to them? Wow! What interesting stories you youg chickies have!

Anybody into interspecies dating? I may try that after my sex change is complete. (The wrist stories are just a cover-up - although I do believe that wrist operations are the first step in conversion to male - just in case the new "man" doesn't get lucky.)
Old 12-03-2002, 12:41 PM   #30  

Is that Ruth the self-titled conservachick or some sleeze-ball who is sitting at her computer...an imposter! Yes, it must be that evil alterego who always eats so much junk food...Ruth, fight back, run towards the light, don't let her stay in control...she's EEEEEEEVIL....I'll try to channel an exorcist...I'll be back.....
Closed Thread