Introductions Introduce yourselves and make new friends!

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 06:16 PM   #1  

Default Need a partner in crime...

Hi all- I'm new here. My name is Trish and I am 21 years old. I am 5'3" and I weigh about 185 pounds. I am looking to lose about 55 pounds, to put me at 130 pounds- a good weight for my height. I really need someone to push me and hold me accountable. I am willing to do the same. Even nightly phone calls, if that is what it takes. I don't expect any one to babysit me, I just want someone who will push me hard. I try to journal what I eat and such, but no one holds me to it. Maybe this sounds like a little much, but if anyone is interested, let me know- shoot me an email.

Let me tell you a little about myself. I am from Minnesota, but I live in Arkansas. I am in the Air Force. I know, people in the military are supposed to be fit and healthy, right? Well, I used to be. I have been heavy my whole life, and one day in college, I just decided that I was sick and tired of being "sick and tired" all the time. I joined Weight Watchers and lost 50 pounds. I felt great!! I had more energy, more self confidence and I loved my life. I decided to focus some of my energy and join the Air Force. I had this crazy misconception that once I was at my goal weight, I didn't have to try anymore. I started to gain it back, slowly, right away. I joined in Oct 02, and by May 03, I had gained back about 20 pounds. Then, in January of this year, I had breast reduction surgery. While I sometimes like to use that as an excuse, because I couldn't run, or do a lot of things that were high impact, I could still do many other things to maintain my weight. Instead, I packed on another 30 pounds. All of the hard work to get me where I was, and now I am right back where I started. I tried Weight Watchers again, and it just didn't work for me. I really do try, but then I quit. I feel ugly most of the time, because I know what my potential is, and I just threw it all away. My military career suffers. I am an outstanding troop (I guess I am tooting my own horn), and after a recent inspection, I was recognized for my work by people outside of my direct workplace. However, within my workplace, I cannot get ahead. I don't get recognize because I do not present a proper military image. I am married, and I love my husband very much. He tries so hard to be supportive, but he is someone who can eat and eat and eat, and never gain a pound.
I feel desperate and angry with myself, and I just don't want to feel like this any more. I know this has gotten really long, but if there is anyone who feels like they can relate to me, please let me know. Email me. I would like to make a personal connection, so I really feel responsible for my behavior.

If it doesn't sound like to much, I'd like a partner in crime.

Thanks!!

Trish
Old 10-22-2004, 09:42 AM   #2  
Samantha

Trish - welcome to 3FC. Let me tell you a little about myself:

I am 23 years old, started my diet at 280 pounds. That was almost two months ago, and I am down to 258. I am married, I live in Amarillo Texas with my husband and my kitty cat, Lucky. Although I consider my diet to be a success so far, I have a long way to go and also need a "partner in crime". Do you have a specific plan that you follow? My plan is simple - burn more calories than I consume. I am a member at the gym, and my goal is always to go for 5 days a week, but have yet to achieve that goal. In fact, this week has been the best so far - after today, I will have gone 4 times. I go to the classes in the morning, step classes and kickboxing. Then for food, I really just try to avoid fried foods and cokes, for those are my downfalls. I used to eat the "Lean Cuisines" or "Healthy Choice" meals daily, but I unfortunetly burned out of those very quickly. They are very good, there just isn't alot of variety, so I got tired of them. So now, I just try to eat alot of fruit, and low calorie/fat meals.

Anyways, tell me about your plan - exercize, eating, etc.

Hope to talk to you soon!
Sam
Closed Thread