Old 01-25-2003, 08:59 AM   #1  

Arrow Postponing the May Chick Meet

This is one of the hardest posts I have had to make, so I will get right to the point.

I need to postpone the May Chick Meet. I wanted to do it early enough to make sure that none of you spend any money in travel arrangements.

As some of you know, I have hit "the wall" in the weight loss fight and have decided to persue weight loss surgery. When asked at my first consult of an approxiamate time frame, I was told May. At first I wanted to hold off until the summer but after giving it much thought I realy would like to have it done with before the boys are home for the summer. I would like to have it as soon as possible.

I hope you understand and I am very sorry for dashing any hopes, but notice the word choice.....Postpone....does not mean Cancel forever. When things settle down (as in I know what the heck I am doing) I will extend the invitation again and I hope that it will be accepted by many.

Thanks chicks,
peach
Old 01-25-2003, 09:36 AM   #2  
workin' my way back down

Peachie....... not to worry...... a little disappointment among chicks is not nearly as important as you are!

OF COURSE caring for Peachie has to come first.

OF COURSE family time has to come first.

We all will still love you just as much as we did before the postponement!! Don't worry about a single solitary thing.... not one, do you hear me? Or are you gonna make me go all the way to the wilds of the twilight zone to find you and lay some serious hugs on you??????
Old 01-25-2003, 09:48 AM   #3  
Lovin' Life

S/C/G: 300/too much/155

Peach......I wasnt planning on coming for the meet, I didnt feel I knew anyone well enough. Postponing it is a good thing I just might come out when you send out your invitation!

Im sure this decision wasnt an easy one for you, but when I read your post, it sure made me happy inside to see you doing something for yourself and your health. Keep us posted, and make sure you take a before picture!!

Robin
Old 01-25-2003, 10:08 AM   #4  
she who must be obeyed

peachie, behind you 100%!!!!

Hey, hubby can hang on to the frequent flyer miles a little longer

Whenever the invitation is extended again, I'll be there.

Debbie
Old 01-25-2003, 10:56 AM   #5  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

I am certainly behind you girl!! Go and get done what you need! your health is most mportant!
Old 01-25-2003, 12:02 PM   #6  

No worries, Peachie Keen! You take care of YOU first and we will all meet up at a future date. It was going to be tricky for me anyway since we are going to be doing a fair amount of travel this spring/summer with Bry's baseball. We will be in Canton, MI at the end of July for the 14 and under USSSA World Series!

Kel
Old 01-25-2003, 12:33 PM   #7  

Peachie, I'm really glad you decided to put yourself first. I'm also glad that now I won't have to miss the chick meet. I've decided to go back to school and that weekend was the weekend before finals.
Old 01-25-2003, 04:21 PM   #8  

TOO BAD!

I am coming anyway.

So there

(maybe you'll need a great babysitter or something.)
love, dottie
Old 01-25-2003, 10:28 PM   #9  

Aah, honey, of course you can postpone! I just hope everything goes as planned for you hon! We'll all get togther another time--no biggie!
Old 01-26-2003, 08:14 AM   #10  

You gals are really very kind! Thank you for understanding!

Gee, spot....geographically speaking....Michigan is quite close to us!

Sam'sg....you can visit the twilight zone any time...it is really quite a comfortable place...in a slug sort of way....we tolerate mets fans too!

Dottie....be advised that I am holding that date open. I might need you....if it is pre surgery, I will be flipping out. If it is post surgery, I will have flopped....and it is always good to have a professional on duty!

And Robin, I certainly hope that you will be able to join us.

I want to make sure that Jenny, Nora, Sherrie, Janice Rubirose and Barb see this. Was Barb's computer going to be down for a while? Did I forget anyone? Ruth knows.

peach

Last edited by peach pit; 01-26-2003 at 08:19 AM.
Old 01-26-2003, 08:37 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 242.5/193.4/170

Height: 5'9"

Peachy my dear! Take all the time you need, your health and happiness is most important!

Besides, I need all the time I can have to save my pennies! We will get together this year, I promise!
Old 01-26-2003, 10:10 AM   #12  
CatGal

Default No worries!

You did the right thing in putting yourself first!

this is not an easy decision to make, and once made, it is best to move forward without delay!

We will be there when the time is right!
GinaMarie
Old 01-26-2003, 10:39 AM   #13  
Come on Spring!

S/C/G: 232/170/150

Height: 5'0" on a tall day

I'll make sure Nora and Rubirose know this. I am still trying to recreate my email addy list!
Old 01-26-2003, 11:11 AM   #14  
Trying to find my way.

S/C/G: 244/220/145

Height: 5'2''

Ruth i will have to send you an email so you can have mine! I have 2 i check regularly.
Old 01-27-2003, 04:00 AM   #15  

S/C/G: 275/222/154

Height: 5'7"

You take darned good care of yourself, Peach. We want you healthy and smilin' when we meet up after you're well. Ruth, I'll be sure to tell Rubirose that the trip to Joisey is postponed for a while..