Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #151  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG's,

Had a nice day yesterday. Went to deliver a present I had made (baby afghan) for a former coworker's little baby. The baby was born in September, but I didn't want to decend upon them right away ~ wanted to wait a bit. I had been kind of dragging my feet. I don't know ~ I am kind of a homebody and other than going out to the store for something I want, I prefer to stay at home. Anyway ~ it was such a nice day and all the pieces finally fell into place and I went to see her and her baby (now 6 months old). Actually, it probably worked out good that way ~ the baby was old enough to be having a personality and it was fun to spend time with them.

It is overcast today. I woke up earlier than I expected to. Got up and did a bunch of puttery/straightening up stuff. I felt like I accomplished a lot. Maddie is here now, but she is having a cold and coughing. But still up and about and doing things. Doesn't dampen her spunk and attitude. Guess I am thankful for that ~ I would hate for her to be that sick.

Ahhh ~ the sun just peeked out ~ it kind of comes and goes today. It is humid today. I went to the mail box and think I will have to do the treadmill or exercise bike today ~ too muggy to be outside.

I have dreams sometimes when I have to go to the bathroom. Mine aren't about bathrooms, but there seems to be water involved in some way.

When you mentioned a recurring dream Carol Sue ~ it brought back to mind one I had while growing up. In it ~ us kids and mom were standing around in the front yard. Dad was mowing the lawn. When he passed by where we were standing ~ he mowed over mom's toes. I had the dream lots of times while growing up and even into college. The last time I had it, I was at college ~ I had been home for the summer and toward the end of the summer I was talking with my dad and asked him why if he and mom love each other do they yell at each other. I don't remember what his answer was ~ but I remember it was troubling to me that if people loved each other how they could yell at each other ~ and it made me cry. Anyway ~ I had the dream again at college after that conversation ~ when Dad passed by mom with that lawn mower ~ this time he swerved out around where she was standing and didn't run over her feet that time. I never had the dream again. I guess somehow that conversation took away the question in my mind that was bothering me.

Well, Maddie needs something, so I'd better get off here.

Hope you all are having a good day.
Old 03-20-2015, 08:32 AM   #152  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

First day of SPRING!! We were supposed to get snow today but it went east and we only got rain. They said there is still a possibility that we will get a dusting on the grass, but it's in the 30s already and getting too warm for snow. We can get anything in March. New York is supposed to get a good bit of snow.

Gayle, I think because your parents yelled you thought you father would hurt your mother and that's why you had that dream. DH and I yell at each other but in 5 seconds it's forgotten. He get on the phone with his brother and they argue so much. He really starts yelling at him. If it's warm weather and the doors and windows are open I told him the neighbors probably think he's yelling at me. LOL Sometimes I go out into the yard so they can see that it's not me that he's yelling at.

Glad to hear Maddie isn't too sick to be active. It's hard to see a little one not feeling well.
Old 03-20-2015, 10:18 AM   #153  
Want to feel better

Carol Sue ~ the interesting thing to me about that dream is that after that conversation with my father and that last dream where Dad swerved out around mom's feet ~ I never had the dream again. Like as if something that had been troubling me for a long time had finally been resolved.
Old 03-20-2015, 11:12 AM   #154  

Yes, I agree that the new dream was significant! You no longer had to worry that your father would hurt your mother.

I wonder what could stop me from having the dream about the clogged toilets? Ha Ha
Old 03-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #155  
Want to feel better

Carol Sue ~ I just wanted to say that I never was feeling like my father was going to hurt my mother ~ it was just that the yelling was upsetting.
Old 03-20-2015, 12:56 PM   #156  

So what the significance of him running over her toes with the lawnmower?
Old 03-20-2015, 01:56 PM   #157  
Want to feel better

Who knows ~ I never thought of it that way.
Old 03-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #158  

I'm sorry. I guess I misunderstood. I never meant to insinuate anything.
Old 03-20-2015, 05:12 PM   #159  
Want to feel better

No problem. I didn't feel like you did. I guess I kind of opened myself up to that by sharing about it. Maybe I shouldn't have. I just always found it interesting that after the conversation with my dad ~ how that last dream was and that after that I never had it again. Like something had finally been resolved. No worries
Old 03-20-2015, 06:23 PM   #160  

Height: 5'3"

Hello everyone! It's a beautiful day ...dh is working outside and I am just puttering around doing odds and end things...I actually got my weekly cleaning all done yesterday! so now I feel so free! I did a load of laundry and while in the laundry area (it's in our garage) I cleaned the w/d and decluttered a bit. Being in the garage it gets so dirty. Still would like to clean out the car so hope to get that done after I type this, just taking a break. We had some running around to do this morning so didn't get to the gym.

On way home stopped at Costco and picked up a few things. I was doing well on my diet until then, grr...just can't get myself to do it...it's very restrictive at this point but I think I need to for my bs. I finally just now made an appt with my doctor...I'm several months behind, but I hated to go in with the way my bs have been running. I know he's going to try to push Byetta on me.

I think dreams are very interesting! I do think Glynne that sometimes we resolve emotional/mental conflict with them. A long time ago, I had a fear of driving even though I knew how to drive. I would frequently have these really crazy dreams where I was driving and I would lose control and just crash into other cars and whatever. I felt so out of control. I suppose one could think this could relate to lots of things, but I honestly think it was about my driving in this case. We moved to a small town and I took some driving lessons even though I already knew how, just to be more comfortable before taking my drivers test. I hadn't driven in a few years and had moved to another state. It was a one on one type learning situation and the teacher was very kind. He told me I already knew how to drive, didn't really need him but I just lacked confidence. I agreed but took all the lessons and he taught me lots of little tips no one else had. I'm not quite sure when my dream changed, but I started having these dreams where I was driving and felt in control and capable, and had no accidents! It was like along with the classes, my dreams were also giving me the confidence. I passed the test (well except for parallel parking (which I still never do between cars unless there is lots of room!) and have been driving every since.

I suspect that the yelling was upsetting to you and the toes part represented that. When you realized that despite the yelling things were ok you gave up that feeling of being upset and the dreamed showed you that it was ok to stop being upset. Like you said, it had been resolved. Something like that. Just my 2 cents.

Where are you Love2garden....busy in the garden I suspect.

Last edited by maryea; 03-20-2015 at 06:24 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 01:05 PM   #161  

Yesterday was a very bad day for me food-wise. I ate so many carbs! I don't know what got into me, I don't usually go overboard like that. I had to take my full prescription of Glimiperide, and I haven't been doing that lately. My weight was up 2 lbs and I woke up starving! So today I am doing a total zero carb day, just trying to get back down to business. With diabetes, we have so much more to be concerned about besides our weight! I've done well so far but I have to get through the next 8 hours or so.

Mary, it's good that you made your appointment. I hope he doesn't put you on Byetta, but maybe gives you a little more time to work on this.

I hardly ever drive these days. DH drives me everywhere, since we usually go everywhere together. I know that's not good. When he had shngles, I was driving every day since he couldn't get out of bed, and I was starting to get used to it, but now that he's better, he's back to doing all the drivng. I used to parallel park years ago but would never attempt it now. When I park in a shopping center I try to park in a spot where I can pull through to the other side and be facing out when I have to pull out. That's so much easier for me. The way some people drive today you have to back out very carefully as they will just slam right into you.

Yesterday, I opened the door to get into our car and didn't notice the woman sitting in the next car. She was looking out her back window to back up and didn't notice I had opened our door. She had her wheels cut and started to back out. In a split second I noticed and closed our door and avoided a collision. But she ended up giving my husband an obscene gesture. He had nothing to do with it!!! LOL We followed her up the road. She probably thought we were chasing her, but we were just going in the same direction. We turned off.

The snow passed us by! Hope everyone has a nice weekend!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #162  

Height: 5'3"

Waiting for our son and his fam to pull in...should be any minute unless they got stuck too long in the traffic. He texted me that there was quite a bit of traffic. I have his favorite cookies ready. He really doesn't need cookies, but I like to fix them and he and his fam appreciate them. I only made 21 which is not enough to make them really pig out on them. I used to make ALL his favorite cookies when he came home but I don't anymore. He is overweight and is not a very healthy eater plus beginning to have health problems although to look at him you wouldn't know it yet.

Carol Sue - Glimiperide is the med I added in July and the one that made me gain ten pounds. It used to work really well on my bs but not much now, but I know I eat too much and often the wrong things as well as the right things.
So far I only take 1 tab...think it's 2 mg I don't have the bottle right here.
The doc said I might have to take more as the dosage is less than most take.
So he may just up it but then will I gain another ten pounds Sure hope Not not! Doubt I'm helping myself much if the meds I'm taking for diabetes just make me gain weight when obesity is also a big factor. Sometimes I think he's pushing me into a situation where I'll agree to Byetta! Most people lose weight with Byetta, an average of about 7# I've read. Yeah but I've heard it comes from lizard's spit (yuck!) and there are lots of side affects. I know they all have side effects but when I have to inject myself AND risk it, I really don't want to.

I don't drive much either...as dh prefers to drive. But then on a road trip, sometimes he wants me to drive, so I try to keep in practice by driving at least once a week.

Just got text that the kids are here in town!!
Old 03-21-2015, 07:43 PM   #163  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

It has been a rainy dreary day here today. Ran some errands this morning. I've decided not to keep some of the items ~ so hopefully will get out tomorrow and return them.

I am so frustrated ~ I have misplaced my library book. I have looked all over for it and can not find it. There are places I guess where I haven't looked, but don't think that it could be in those places. I don't think that I am so far off my rocker that I put it in some obscure place. Grrrrrr. I have renewed it online, so I have some time, but I sure would feel better if I could find it.

I also have been worrying about that BPA stuff that I read about in plastic containers. I kind of didn't pay it too much attention and reused plastic drink bottles. I have been doing it for quite a while. I always though I was helping the environment by reusing and not helping to fill up the landfills. And also didn't empty the water out of them ~ trying to conserve water. Now I am wondering if this has anything to do with my thyroid and parathyroid problems (articles said it was related to hormone things). I started reading about it and wonder where you draw the line? Like the only thing safe to use is glass, but I really don't want to have to use glass for storage containers ~ I am such a klutz and would probably accidentally break a lot of stuff ~ so then there is the concern of getting cut. Then as I read, I come across other things that could be harmful to people. It seems like there is some kind of danger with almost everything now-a-days, and I feel kind of hopeless and helpless. Like “stuff” is gonna “get” me one way or another.

Been playing Words With Friends online with my sister ~ that has been kind of fun.

Mary ~ enjoy the time with your family.

Carol Sue ~ hope you had a better eating day today.

Love2garden ~ how are you doing?

Hope you all are having a good weekend.

Last edited by glynne; 03-21-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Old 03-21-2015, 09:08 PM   #164  

Gayle, I had a much better eating day today, because yesterday made me so mad at myself.

I don't worry much about things like plastic, but I probably should. I guess I figure people have been using it for years, but then people do have a lot of unexplained illnesses. It does make you wonder.

Mary, my prescription is for 1 gm of Glimiperide twice a day, so it's the same dose as yours but split up. I was on it when first diagnosed but he took me off it for a few years. I asked for it back when my A1c went up, but did not intend to stay on it. I wanted to use it to get my blood sugar down, but then change my eating and exercising so I didn't need it. I didn't take any today, but I ate very low carb and my BS was 91 when I just checked it. So, if I eat the way I know I should, I don't really need it. I didn't gain any weight from it, but it might be why I can't lose. I don't take it all the time, and sometimes I only take 1/2. I want to control my BS with just Metformin and diet if I can.

Glad to hear your family arrived safely! Enjoy your visit with them.
Old 03-22-2015, 10:27 AM   #165  

Gayle, I'm wondering if you found your library book. I know how you feel, misplacing something like that. Sometimes I misplace things and then find them in the darndest places, but I usually remember when I put it there. One time we couldn't find the salt and pepper shakers and here I had put them in the refrigerator. I guess I was clearing the table and absentmindedly put them there.

Isn't it nice how you can just renew a library book online? I love that feature. I do that often when it's due and I just don't feel like making a special trip back to the library to return it. I'll just take it back the next time I'm going in that direction. It's about 4 miles from our house. Do they send you an email to remind you when it's due? Ours does that. They don't allow you to renew it if there's a waiting list for it.
Closed Thread