Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 02:24 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Hugs to you Mary, Hope everything is OK and get back to us when you can or need someone to talk to.

Been a good weekend so far... just kid of lazy and that is OK too. Think we will go to "Cruise Night" tonight and look at all the classic cars again and drool some more!

Everyone have a good weekend.
Old 09-08-2012, 05:36 PM   #62  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Hola!
What a lovely day! I've been doing some long-neglected paperwork, paid some bills, blah, blah, and nothing exciting!

Mary - I hope all is okay. You know where we are if you need to vent or to talk. Good thoughts!

Bobbi - how did it go with the last lookers? Good thoughts!

Later, lovelies.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:43 PM   #63  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Hi all...Had to tie an anchor on my fanny it is so windy here today. Neighbor across the canal has hugh clear beach ball that is sailing around not only the pool but the whole pool cage. Looks like the Lotto winner ball. Dash just sits on the seawall without barking totally puzzled. It's bird no a plane no it's ????

Thanks to our dear Friend Bobbi I spent the afternoon making that Creamy Lemon pudding....changed the recipe just a tad...FF buttermilk, splenda and no butter(only cause I forgot to add it).....Cooling and will have shortly. Checked on Fitday and should be about 100+ cal per serving.Unless I just dive my face into it.

Dinner with the grilled vegies was so good I repeated myself tonight and Dh just asked for another meatlaof.

Mary....stay strong and calm. Just come here for the scream urges....we allow all the venting at no charge....Hugs are costly.

Cajun...sounds like you have raised a fine young man with good core values. That's a mom pat for you!

Karen... You should be at Bobbi's getting her thru this sale stuff....Me I am never moving again and gonna burn it and start over

Rie..You blew my mind with police classes, Girl what are you? Educator, Counciler, Teamleader, Cook, Pool player, Fisherman, Mom and a Daughter, plus stuff like gardening and keeping up with dgs. In your spare time could you fix the economy and world peace. And you wonder why you get achy?

Donna...Has it cooled off for you yet? What are the Winter cat plans? Can he have a outside cat house? snort snort

Lynn...How is your DD?

What's this stuff about the hurricaine reforming in the Gulf? Not that's not fair and shouldn't be allowed.Isaac left here and is gone to England.

Gosh I miss Marie and Isabella....and everyone else....thinking of you ....k3

Last edited by Karen3; 09-08-2012 at 06:45 PM.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:24 PM   #64  

Hi everyone from gasp SUNNY alaska.its not raining. im loving that. its been a stressful fulltime job nursing our gizmo but a labor of love. we think he is doing a little better. sad to hear him wimpering tho,today he walked from the back to front of kennel and licked my hand. we went shopping to get the guys ready for moose hunting. sil,grs and grdd will be here this evening. my dh decided to wait a few days befor he joins them at the cabin as its a 2 person job caring for gizzy. im all set tho and meals all arranged for them.Maryea am sry for your family trouble sending good thoughts and i will miss you while you are absent. bobbie that pie is calling my name,i'll try it for company. when i was shopping at wallmart i saw the smallest bottle of ketchup ever. its glass and looks like the big ones but only 2 oz. it struck me as cute and funny and guess who bought one for 66 cents lol that would be me.lol hope your weekends going well for all rosey
Old 09-09-2012, 12:49 PM   #65  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good afternoon GG’s,

Beautiful day here today ~ sun shiney ~ 77* ~ just right ~ me and my laptop out here on the deck ~ listening to the waterfall thingy. Trying not to think about a possible pesky mosquito and that west nile virus stuff.

Cold is gone, headache of yesterday is gone. So thankful. Back to work tomorrow ~ thankful for that too ~ no fun to have days off when it is because you are sick.

DS Jason came by for a visit yesterday. He got me signed up for some football pool thing ~ no money involved ~ just for fun. I’m not all that much a big sports fan or anything, but enjoy it because he enjoys trying to help me to understand it and all.

DD Sara stopped by also and visited and got a little hairapy, then we made a Hobby Lobby run. She was looking for a couple bar stools for her kitchen breakfast bar area ~ found some on sale. I needed another little piece of cloth to complete something I was working on.

Happy Grandparents day to all the grandmas here.

I will check back later and hopefully get some personals done.

Hope you all are having a nice Sunday.

Take care
Attached Images
File Type: jpg waterfall our backyard 9-9-12 via tablet.jpg (47.6 KB, 11 views)

Last edited by glynne; 09-09-2012 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 279/223/132

Height: 5'1"

I'm Back!! At Last! My DSIL came back from hurricane national Guard Duty last night. My DH and DS have enjoyed babtsitting while he was gone with me. They changed off - I got full time babysitting duty for last 2 wks While my DD was at work. At last my grandbabies know me- (DD won't bring them here- rarely has us over- but look who was there when she really needed us? Maybe now she will see we can take care of a 5mo and 18 mo baby boys. The 10-12 hrs a day did wear us out. It's a 45 min drive there each way and she works varied hrs. sometimes we'd be there at 5:30 Am-to 10Am - leave anywhere from 4PM to 11PM. I don't know how she does it.

MY water- exercise did not bode well these last 2 wks. I only lost 1/2 pd the 1st week- but for some odd reason ( not complaining) I lost 4 pds this week, I went under 250- a milestone for me. For over a decade 250 was my alltime high till 5 yrs ago when it climbed on up 20- 29 pds. I'm so happy to say goodbye to 250 I'm Dancing even if the Saints aren't doing great today.
I've been gone so long I'll just start catching up with this page- though Cajun I am happy to see you safe and sound.
Karen 31: Lazey weekends are now appreciated more than ever by me.
glynne: Happygrandparents day to you! Thanks- I didn't even know it was. Try my Football Challenge over on Challenges in 100+ forum. It will give you a reason to cheer.
Rosey: Hoping Gizmo feels better soon. It is so sad when our fur babies don't feel well. My Penny has gone a little nuts with out leaving her and is getting lots of TLC today.

Karen3: So Funny. I can just see Dash watching that ball.
Old 09-09-2012, 08:31 PM   #67  

It was a nice Sunday. We didn't end up eating at the church get together-- it seemed like it was going to be more for the kids so we decided to skip it. Ended up meeting the rest of the family at Steak and Shake. Just had a burger and diet coke-- really wanted one of those HUGE shakes but made myself stay away from it. If I would have been smart(?) I would have just ordered the shake and for got the burger!! Or not!

Gayle that picture you have of the waterfalls is gorgeous!! Is that your yard? I am so jealous! I just love listening to the water fall. Glad that you are feeling better.

Ginger-- sounds like you have been pretty busy too. My youngest grandson is 14 years! A little hard to hold them anymore--- plus they are all out in Colorado--my arms just won't reach across that darn Kansas!!

Karen-- that is funny about Dash watching the ball...I'll bet he was confused!
Sorry Bobbi--- I am still trying to find things that are still "in a box" somewhere!! Moving just isn't any fun and I'm not doing it again!

Rosey, glad that you had some sunshine. When my brother lived over there on Kodiak Island he always was happy to see the sun! Their daughter would walk home from school, where her last class was PE, and her hair would be froze when she got home from the shower at school. They got excited when the temp got up to 50!! Brrrr! It is 72 here right now and I feel chilly, drinking a cup of coffee!!

Donna-How was your weekend? Somebody has a birthday coming up......
Old 09-10-2012, 08:49 AM   #68  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Good Morning...nothing going on here other than DH 1st day of work. He's been retired for 7 years so I'm guessing he's going to be crabby and tired when he comes home.
Mary...prayers for you and family.
I'm going to clean up the garden today, it's a mess. I just read the review of our last house tour. The couple said the house was in the top 3, they loved the floor plan. They rated the exterior 3 of 5? (didn't like neighbors on the next acreage.) They wanted to be completely alone, wonders what they're up to? Smugglers maybe? Or they plan on planting poppy plants? Want to run around nude?
My laundry is calling my name... later gators
k3...how's the lemon pudding?
Old 09-10-2012, 09:18 AM   #69  

Height: 5'1"

Hi all,

Got back from vatation and family reunion. Lots of fun, too much food. The women in my family are really good southern cooks. One niece at the reunion decided to start a family tree, I know some of you are doing this too. Got quite a bit of information with all the family there. Heard some great stories. Drug my mom's old pictures out and was surprised to see pictures in there that I wasn't aware of. One was of my great-grandpa when he was probably in his twenties. I only knew him as an old man with a long white beard. Shocked to see this clean shaven, handsome man.

Rosie, Poor little Gizmo. I hope he is doing better. I know he is getting lots of love.

Bobbi, I'm wondering what those people want with more privacy too. Hope you get a good offer soon.

Gayle, I'm with you. I hate to use up my sick day by actually being SICK! What a waste! Glad you're feeling better.

Rie, Ok, what's your secret? You are a human dynamo!

Donna, I am usually caught up on everything, but I hate paper work. I put it up to the last min.

Lynn, Hope DD is doing well. And you too.

Gotta run, time to go get some blood drawn (those pesky Vit. D leavels that don't seem to want to go up). and then to the hospital for my evaluation. A total waste of time. I have to go in there and tell her what a great nurse I am in order to get a raise. I dont' know who came up with that great plan, but it stinks.

Later
Old 09-10-2012, 10:23 AM   #70  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Good morning ladies,
How is everyones Monday going? We had a pretty good weekend. Cold front came thru and that always makes me feel good. I've had enough of the heat. I'm ready for the fall weather and an camping every weekend. We had family and friends over Saturday night. Ds called and we put him on speaker phone and everybody got to talk to him. Pretty neat. It was like he was with us. Dh and I went to the hunting camp and road the 4 wheeler in the woods. Such a lovely day. Temps are in the mid 80's. I was tired last night. We are supposed to have this nice weather until Wednesday. I plan on cooking this afternoon on the patio.

Mary praying for you and your family. We're here for you if you need.

Karen fl~ thanks for the mom pat. Did y'all get the cooler weather in Florida. We did and it's awesome. Wish it would last longer.

Rosey~ how is gizmo? I would love to see that bottle of catsup. We collect minature things and put them on the window sill at the camp. We have a community coffee package that is 2 inches tall and some bottles of bourbon and whiskey that they serve on planes. They are also about 2 inches tall.

Gayle< I love the waterfall picture you posted.

Ginger~ congrats on your large weight loss. Yay for reaching under the 250's. Im struggling to get to 200. I've been 208 for the last 4 weeks. I hate plateaus but I know they are to be expected.

Karen 31~ congrats on not getting the shake.

Bobbi~ lol imaginations of the mind. At least your getting answers and will not have to wonder what they thought.

Freda~ hope you get your raise. I love seeing old pictures of my grandparents uncles and aunts. We think of them as old but forget they were once young and handsome or beautiful. I have pictures of my mom and dad when they were 18 and they were gorgeous. You could put your hand around my moms waist.

Donna~ without computers this world would be in a bind. Scary to think of online banking and hacking, viruses.

Rie~ you are one busy lady. Lol. That's whet keeps us young.

Duty calls. Hello to some I missed.

Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-10-2012, 10:39 AM   #71  

S/C/G: 254/171/150

Height: 5'3"

Hello Goldens,

I spent Saturday gorking and Sunday working on my presentation. I am ready to go.

Freda, hopefully those vitamin D levels are getting better. Us fair haired girls have a problem with that. And, I am in Mt, which is even worse.

Cajun, too funny that you are getting ready to camp while I am thinking of winterizing the camper and putting it away for the year.

Rosey, glad to hear that Gizmo is getting better. Nice that Steve will take a couple more days to help you out before he heads out hunting.

Bobbi, the right people will come along and buy your place. I am glad that you are keeping your car. I can see you in it and I think it suits you!

Karenfl, LOL, you are so funny! My job has lots of varied responsibilities and I just keep finding things that interest me.... trust me, I still have things on the list that I want to do. I laughed at Dash's confusion over the Bird, Plane, ......?

Gayle, that waterfall is wonderful. So glad that you feel better.

Donna, congrats on getting paperwork done! It is so easy for me to procrastinate about that stuff.

Ginger, the incredible shrinking woman!

Karen31, I LOVE the idea of a place called "steak and shake". Oh, my, I could get in so much trouble there!

Sorry for missing anyone, See you Wednesday!

Rie
Old 09-10-2012, 01:19 PM   #72  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

Quick good morning!

I'm at work, and all seems to be working well... hope the bad stuff stays away!!

Rosey - I hope Gizmo gets better soon! I know how it hurts you to see him in pain, especially since there's not a whole lot to do for a pinched nerve. I wonder if there's some puppy massage that might help? Poor little guy; poor little you! I'm so glad Steve is helpful.

Rie - it took me TWO DAYS to get the paperwork done... so boring! There are always so many other things I'd rather be doing! Anyway, it's done, and it felt good to accomplish that.

Be safe on your trip. Don't let those macho boys intimidate you (ha!) and do teach them how to be SENSITIVE (bah!).... I know boy cops, and they do not like that sort of thing!

Bobbi - continued good thoughts...

KarenFL - you asked about the plans for Sabrino this winter... yes, there will be an outdoor winter cat house for the little darling. He'll be just fine. The former dog's house is insulated, and I don't even want to tell you the preparations insofar as bedding... you'll think I'm NUTS... but he'll be just fine.

Nothing to report. All is well, no complaints! Have a lovely Monday, all...

Last edited by jess1; 09-10-2012 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 01:31 PM   #73  

Rosey-- How is Gizmo doing today? I was thinking last night that I have a friend who has a chiropractor work on her horse, her donkey and her dog! This chiropractor has really made a difference for all three. Just wondering if there might be a chiropractor there close by that could help.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:06 PM   #74  

Hi everyone.. the suns shining again and im loving it. we had a hard frost last nite and the leaves are changing. omg where did summer go. thankyou for all the well wishes for my gizmo, hes seems to be a bit better. i quit giving him the meds by injection. i hated poking him 4 x aday,he is on tranquilizers and pain meds. im giving them by pill crushing them in water and using a syringe. he tolerated it well. this am my dh had him by him with the kennel door open and he crawled out and onto his lap. brought tears to my eyes. id love to give him a bathas hes a very grubby smelly boy but dont want to jarr him to much so i used wet wipes. he seemed to like it. sry to drone on about my furbaby but he means so much to us. dh hurt amuscel in his back and has been having spasms so sent him to the dr. gee whiz its always something isnt it.sry for not doing personals im really tired and havent slept much lately however ive read all your posts and you know im cheering for you all with your success's,and support for those that are struggling. sunny days for all rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 09-10-2012 at 07:08 PM.
Old 09-10-2012, 11:05 PM   #75  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG's,

I was hoping to get some personals done tonight, but I was playing around editing/cleaning up my walk to Colorado Springs post and now I don't have any time left. It did help me to keep my hands and mind busy and not give in to snacking.

I think I have finally come up with a realistic scale for me that makes it seem more like I have some hope of getting there, and will hopefully encourage me to get in some more exercise. I am not very consistent about it and such a procrastinator. Story of my life (dieting, exercise and lots of other things) I have never been very good as self discipline ~ and have a masters in procrastination ~ LOL ~ probably why I am in the shape I am in.

Thinking of you all, thoughts, prayers, hugs. Hope you all rest well.

Take care
Closed Thread