Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:35 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 281/214/165

Height: 5'2"

Hello ladies,
Beautiful cool morning. 62 degrees. After today it's going to warm back up. . We are supposed to go open the winter camp and clean it but there is a 50% chance of rain this weekend. There is also a work weekend for the hunting members so that means cleaning by myself. I think I will go shopping Saturday instead. I need jeans so bad but I'm in between sizes. The ones I have are getting baggy and the next size is too snug.
I cooked 3 meals outside on the patio. It was so nice.
Tomorrow is oldest sons birthday. He will be 26. Where does the time go. Just like yesterday they put that baby boy in my arms.
Today is weigh in day and I'm down 2 lbs but really just 1 because I had a 1 lb gain a couple weeks ago and maintained last week. The last 4 week I've done nothing. I hate plateaus but I know they happen. I do my exercise Monday - Friday so I'm hoping it helps.

Bobbi~ how did dh day go?

Rie~ we live in Louisiana. Our winters are mild. We hunt all winter. Your winters are really cold and snowy I'm sure.

Rosey~ I'm so glad to hear gizmo is getting better. We are always glad to hear about the important things in your life. Hope your dh gets better also.

I know I missed some of you. I will be back later

Hugs
Cajun
Old 09-11-2012, 10:14 AM   #77  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JANE!!

Rosey - glad Gizmo seems to be doing better! Gentle pats to the wee pooper from me and SamCat!

Gotta roll! I'll be back later!
Old 09-11-2012, 11:01 AM   #78  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Happy Birthday Jane
Old 09-11-2012, 12:04 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Have a Happy Birthday Jane!!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:03 PM   #80  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Happy Birthday Jane!

DH's first day was very tiring for him. He normally is very crabby when he's tired, but he was too tired to be cranky. I told him to just quit if it was too much for him. He sat at a desk for his career, not used to physical labor. Poor baby

Last edited by Bobbolink; 09-11-2012 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #81  

Height: 5'3"

Hi everyone! Thank you for your concern and supportive comments. We are ok, it's just that one of our family members is going through some things and of course, when that happens we hurt right along with them and I feel the need to spend more time in prayer so not as much time online but I do/will check in now and then. Can't desert my GG completely!

Just a quick update with what we've been doing otherwise since the kids left. We hooked up our new TV (anniversary gift) and ended up buying a media center with a fireplace. We love it. It makes the room look/feel more cozy. Now trying to sell (more like giveaway) our old analog TV on Craigslist. We've had one prospect so far. So we spent a lot of time shopping for the media center. Also had to replace a toilet seat in our main bathroom...couldn't find a blue one...so just got white. Now maybe our picky grandson (5) will be willing to sit on it...one can hope at least. LOL He usually will only use his lolo's because he only uses white toilets!

My poor sister just had foot surgery and now is facing a biopsy on her thyroid. Hoping and praying for the best for her.

Well just got home from grocery shopping. Went to the gym first. Felt good to get back to working out although I only biked 28 min (7) and did a couple reps of 12 on the leg press. Dh went fishing so I was on my own.

Ok, much to do. Funny I kept up with my housework while kids were here but since then I've gotten so behind! No time for personals but wanted to let you know we are alive, just have some heart ache and are glad you are thinking of us.
Old 09-11-2012, 05:55 PM   #82  

Hi everyone.back to rain again we call it alaskan sunshine.its just that time of year and then turns to snow yikes cant believe i said that blah. the grson called this am from the cabin all excited as he called a moose into the yard,they imatate the grunts the moose make hoping to intice a male who thinks hes going to find his lady love.. my sil and grs are good at it but funny to listen to so the moose wasnt leagal so they could only watch. we had a ruff nite attending gizmo,he knows the routine and growl and bites at us,poor baby. he see's the vet at 4 pm today. maryea am so glad you checked in, i've missed you. am sry for your troubles and send a and prayers for agood outcome. Bobbie sry your husband was pooped but glad to pooped to be cranky happy birthday Jane,hope its agood one. my graduating class had our 45th reunion in minnesota this past weekend and becuz i could not go they sent me pictures,i had to get out my year book to figure out who was who, they voted me the sweetest,i felt honored ttfn and for all rosey

Last edited by akrosey49; 09-11-2012 at 05:56 PM.
Old 09-11-2012, 07:01 PM   #83  
GmaTo8

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for the birthday wishes.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #84  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Sorry I'm a little late Jane ~ hope you had a happy birthday day
Old 09-11-2012, 10:56 PM   #85  
Want to feel better

Good evening GG's,

Thinking of you all. Too grouchy to post much though (frustrating stuff at work) ~ forgive me.

Two days (of work) down ~ two to go.

On the positive side, didn't eat some stuff that I sort of wanted to eat to ease the frustrations. Had thought about stopping at Walmart ~ needed something there and was also gonna throw some candy corn into the cart, but when I was leaving, couldn't remember what it was that I wanted to stuff myself with, so just went home. Reached for a granola bar in the cupboard, but put it back. Only slip I had was an extra little slice of angel food cake. Oh well ~ not perfect, but not as bad as it could have been.

Thoughts and prayers for you all.

Rest well friends
Old 09-12-2012, 12:19 AM   #86  

Pets come into our lives and bring unconditional love,sometimes we have to let them go to releave their suffering when they are sick or injured, the saddness thats results is heart wrenching. My little Gizmo is in heaven and my heart hurts. rosey
Old 09-12-2012, 06:58 AM   #87  
Want to feel better

So sorry Rosey ~ thoughts, prayers and hugs for you
Old 09-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #88  
kosherveganchick

S/C/G: 178/112/108

Height: 5'1"

oh, Rosey! I know you are hurting and your grief is a cloud over every breath you inhale and exhale.
Give yourself time to feel this sadness, and then remember to be thankful for all the pure joy Gizmo brought into your life.
I am thinking of you today and you will get through this without any self defeating behaviors.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:32 AM   #89  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Rosey - I am so sorry to hear that Gizmo is gone. May your happy memories of him get you through this sad time.
Old 09-12-2012, 08:54 AM   #90  
Bobbi

S/C/G: 130/123/120

Height: 5’ 2”

Rosey...I'm crying with you this morning, we all come to love your little gizmo.

Quote:
Golden Memories
They say memories are golden, well, maybe that is true.
I never wanted memories, I only wanted you.
A million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you, you never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly, in death I love you still.
In my heart you hold a place no one else could fill.
If tears could build a stairway and heartache make a lane.
I'd walk the path to Heaven and bring you back again.
Our family chain is broken, and nothing seems the same.
But as God calls us back one by one, the chain will link again.
Closed Thread