Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:27 PM   #286  
Donna

Height: 5' 7"

This is an afghan I'm making for my friend's wedding (complete with the "gift to the gods" mistake!)... I think it's pretty, and I hope she likes it, too!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SamCat on Afghan 001.jpg (36.4 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-18-2012, 09:00 PM   #287  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Is it knitted?
I like it a lot.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:03 PM   #288  

S/C/G: 182/ticker/130 145 hlthy bmi

Height: 5'4"

Simn11,
How do you know Pune?
Old 02-18-2012, 09:28 PM   #289  

S/C/G: 185/see tracker/125

Height: 4'11"

Donna, Absolutely love the afghan!! I imagine that was kind of difficult getting the pattern in there like that--- Love it!
Old 02-19-2012, 01:21 AM   #290  

Height: 5'3"

Hope you all had a good day. I'm going to bed soon but thought I'd stop in first. We had a good day. Dh installed the shower door and next we will be buying the mirror and lights for his bathroom. Also realized we need a new TP holder too. The shower door really made a difference in the room even more than the new floor! I just hope my dh is not wearing himself out too much...he is still very capable at doing the work but is so tired afterwards. He is doing pretty well at pacing himself...that used to be hard for him...but that tells me how tired he really is too. I'd rather get along with a crummy bathroom than hurt him in any way! I cherish every moment we have together.

I went out grocery shopping this afternoon but only shopped for about 4 days ...depending on how we use it. Some of our food was getting too old when I shopped for a week...we just don't eat like we used too, esp my dh. He eats VERY little. And some nights we eat out or decide to just snack or have leftovers and that screws up my plans so decided it's safer to not buy so much. I suspect the planned 4 days will end up being at least a week for much shopping though we will have to go back for milk. This is the way I shopped when we lived in an RV because the fridge was too small to hold much.

Last edited by maryea; 02-19-2012 at 01:26 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 04:14 AM   #291  

S/C/G: 99.1/96.9/75 Kgs

Height: 165cm

Well our weekend has come to an end and I am hoping to try and watch some telebision. "Midsommer Murders" is on the ABC and I will try and sit through it

We had a quiet weekend and I have listened to 2 of my taped books as well as doimg what was needed around the house. Tomorrow is my weigh in day so - "fingers crossed"

Have Good day ladies.

Jenye

Last edited by Ashenpond; 02-20-2012 at 04:37 AM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #292  

S/C/G: 185/145/145

Height: 5'1"

Just a quick "Hi" - my course ends next week.

I shall return!

Lynn
Old 02-19-2012, 04:46 PM   #293  

Hi everyone. i had agreat weekend. it was so much fun to cheer for my grson. they lost fri nite but won sat. 56 to 46 my grs was high scorer with 18 pts. the team was really on fire and it was awsome to see. im not a prejudiced gramma by any means hope you all had a fun weekend too rosey

sat.
breakfast
coffee
greek yogurt

lunch
1/2 turkey sand

dinner
1/2 cup chilli with crushed fritos,grated cheese,1/2 tsp s. cream

sunday

breakfast
coffee
1/2 small pancake sf syrup
1 egg
2 slices turkey bacon

lunch
greek yogurt

dinner
stuffed bell peppers(rice,gr turkey,tomaoe sauce,pizza cheese)
Old 02-19-2012, 05:12 PM   #294  

S/C/G: 0/37/35-50 lbs lost

Height: 5'5"

Hi all-
Wrote a long note the other day but lost it in cyberspace. On way to DF's dinner that I planned at Olive Garden. I'm not in the mood to play hostess to the 14 people. I just want to be a guest one of these days. My DH has just about rubbed my last nerve raw. He's had a cold since Monday. I told him to go to doctor. He usually ends up with a sinus infection and needs an antibiotic about once a year. Course he didn't go. Friday, he was walking around the house with a thermometer in his mouth. No fever. He said he thought he had strep throat. I felt bad so I made chicken soup. My younger ds was coming home for weekend and he likes it too. So just as I've gotten everthing in the pot, DH says, "I have hockey tonight." Hmmm. The rule at my house is, if you're well enough to play hockey, NO MORE WHINING. I have to go just wanted to say-
Marie - so sorry your dog is sick. It's very sad.
and you quilters - so glad to hear perfect corners are not required!

Last edited by deelee10; 02-19-2012 at 05:13 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 06:14 PM   #295  

S/C/G: 250/208/150

Height: 5'4

Just 2 seconds ....i am really working on destroying my kitchen. Set fire to the oven earlier this week while broiling and yesterday Dh killed my washer. Had to dip out most of the water and they hauled it out today...yuch under there...have mopped floor twice..ordered new machine(deivery 2/28????wanna run a pool?) Have rewash floor again...Actually looks like a bomb went off...............................k3

my Wed partner called today...he had surgery and then ended up in Afib like me and had same dumb doctor....Bob wanted to know what I suggested. Told him to fired that doctor and to a real guy. He was also referred to ER for his medications....this is "doctor" who just wants your insurance com names no patients! grrrrrr

And Zoe thought she was cranky.....DUCK WORLD I AM STOMPING AROUND!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:17 PM   #296  

I am happy again - this week I lost 200 grams at weigh in.

Jenye

Last edited by Ashenpond; 02-19-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:56 PM   #297  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Default A novella...

Carol Sue, I am very impressed that you married your DH. If a boyfriend asked me if I slept with every man I said hi to, I’d have had to take Rosey’s rolling pin across his head. Since you’ve talked about his redeeming qualities, I’m glad you had more patience than me. Anyway, I thought I’d let you know more about thinking about snooping into the other’s finance pre-marriage. It dawned on me that my DH should have snooped into mine since I’m bi-polar and a classic symptom is poor money management.

Lyn, wow your trip sounds like it was a blast. I remember when I was a kid and my dad took me to some fancy restaurant in NO (Antoines I think) and I had banana foster for the first time. It was awesome. I’m a banana fanatic (if you read the post from BigDave’s new thread you’d see just how much of a banana fiend I am). I think if I learned how to make it, I’d be doomed.

KarenFL, after I read your post yesterday, every time I looked at my dogs, I thought about your description. I’ve never put it into words as well as you did. Dog love is perfect love. What an amazing and accurate statement. I think I might add a signature like to ticker and steal that quote (with a credit to you). Perfect love is so true. Blizzie seems to be getting better for the time being, for which I am grateful. I’m so attuned to my dogs’ every change, I will know when it is time. Your description of Cowboy going into status seizure is what terrifies me about Kai Pixie. I’d hate, hate, hate to have to take care of it at home. How terrifying. I’m so glad your Cowboy went peacefully to the rainbow bridge. Someday you and I and many other GGs are going to meet there with all our beloveds and rock in our crone circle. BTW, I had tears reading your post. Probably because the perfect love stems from the perfect species. from me about your friend, oven and washer.

Freda, amazing that the re-certification relies on crappy new and improved. I hope your back feels better soon. Very soon.

Zoe, what a horrible story about your dd2’s MIL abuse of her “beloved” kitty. That just stinks. I wouldn’t have been able to keep my mouth shut. BTW, of course your clients thought you were brilliant. It isn’t hard to peg that one.

Donna, I love the afghan. Love SamCat more.

Mary, maybe you can get your DH to slow the project down??? Probably easier said than done but you don’t want him to wear himself out.

Jenye, I hope the weigh in goes well. I love audiobooks. DH and I listened to half of Vince Flynn’s new one, Kill Shot today. OK just read the weigh in was a success. WTG!

YAY!!! Lynn that the course is nearly complete.

Rosey, I bet you have no voice left after your DGS was high scorer.

Deelee, you need Rosey’s rolling pin to whack your whiner across the nose. As he’s a hockey player, it probably wouldn’t faze him but you might feel better.

So DH and I planned to ski today. It was sunny and beautiful and the snow report was so-so. So we drove to Mt Shasta and saw the condition of one of the runs that we usually play on.

See the rocks? See the grass? See the dirt? Wowza. Skiing this year just wasn't going to happen. I wasn't about to give the area full ticket price to ruin my skis. No way, no how. So we left. That's why we listened to half of Vince Flynn's new audiobook. We were driving around Northern CA and southern OR. We did decide to go the long way home via Costco so that the entire trip wasn't a waste. I'm a little bummed as it's been a LONG time since I haven't skied a ski season. But no snow in the mountains is the cause. Sadly, with no snow pack, this summer will have our mountains burning.

On the good news, Ms. Blizzie isn't labored breathing anymore. She seems much more comfy. And playful. I hope she stays doing well but I'm not totally unrealistic. Borrowed time is borrowed time. But I will count my blessing for every moment of extended perfect love.

Sorry about the mini novella....
Marie
Old 02-19-2012, 09:16 PM   #298  

Wow, what a morning I have had - I ddn't realise that I had got behind in paying the bills, so I have had to play catch up to fix the mess I had made. Never again, I swear.

Thanks MARIE - 200 grams is less than a pound but at this stage I will accept anything that is a loss.

Have a great sleep everyone.

Jenye

Last edited by Ashenpond; 02-19-2012 at 09:17 PM.
Old 02-19-2012, 10:56 PM   #299  
Want to feel better

S/C/G: S/C/G: 240/205/150

Height: 5' 0"

Good evening GG’s,

Here is my eating for Saturday:

Breakfast: oatmeal packet with raisins and apples, coffee with creamer and splenda, greek yogurt ~ 10 points
Snack at work: bottle of Glucerna hunger smart shake ~ 5 points
Lunch: Turkey on whole wheat bread with lettuce and miracle whip light, fruit salad ~ 9 points
Snack: apple ~ 0 points
Supper: salad, imitation crab meat, dressing ~ 4 points
Snack: banana and orange ~ 0 points

Total ~ 28 points for the day.

Success points ~ 3 (for tracking, sticking to my plan, and not getting into the candy at work).

Sunday:

Breakfast: oatmeal packet with raisins and apples, coffee with creamer and splenda, greek yogurt ~ 10 points
Snack at work: bottle of Glucerna hunger smart shake ~ 5 points
Lunch: Lean Cuisine and fruit salad ~ 9 points
Snack: apple ~ 0 points
Supper: salad, imitiation crab meat, salad dressing ~ 3 points
Snack: banana and orange ~ 0 points
Snack: rice cakes ~ 5 points

Total ~ 32 points for the day.

Success points ~ 3 (for tracking, sticking to my plan, and not getting into the candy at work ~ I turned down chocolate and walked away from peanut butter cookies).

Realized this evening I had forgotten to weigh in this am.

It was a pretty good weekend at work. Fairly quiet. Today, looked at my work station stuff, and tried to think of how I might be able to rearrange things to make it work better ergonomically. I moved stuff around and tried it, and kept tweaking it until I feel like it was better. I left a note for the next people to please not move it back. It wasn’t done because I was bored, but trying to fix things to reduce the pain I have been having. We moved some stuff around one other weekend, and the night shift people moved it all back how it was. I know people don’t like change, but that work station was ridiculous.

Almost bed time ~ two days down, one more to go.

Hope you all have a good rest.

Take care

Last edited by glynne; 02-19-2012 at 11:38 PM.
Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #300  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Over the weekend, the weekend nurse told me that the doctor might have to "open up" my wounds a little more because the holes are getting so small it's difficult to get the packing in, but they are still deep on the inside and need the packing. That didn't exactly make my day. She said he would most likely do it in the office with a local anesthetic. That would set my recovery back somewhat. Tomorrow I go to the PCP because I am having pain in my arms, legs, foot and hand and I think it's tendon pain from the Cipro. It is a rare side effect but naturally, I'd be the one to get it. I thought it would go away after I finished the Cipro but now I read that it can be permanant and you have to avoid exercise so you don't pop or tear a tendon. Good thing I'm very good at avoiding exercise! LOL

Marie - Even though the ski run was less than perfect I enjoyed seeing the picture as we have had next to no snow this year. There is a ski resort not far from our house that is advertising that they have lots of snow, but we don't ski so we won't be making the trip anytime soon.

Like most people, at times I wonder if I made the right decision to marry DH.
Maybe if I had given him the answers to his questions he would have made the decision for me and dumped me. He had been married since he was 21 and lead a rather sheltered life. At 34 he wasn't going to find a virgin. He does have redeeming qualities. I am far from perfect to live with and I figure if he can put up with me, I can put up with him.
Closed Thread