Old 02-18-2012, 01:27 PM   #1  

Question New and need help please

Male 58 120kgs 6"4 tall
i did weighwatchers for men a few years ago and i lost a bit of weight with it
but as time goes by i put it all back on
so i have started WW pro points On line Lost a few KGS down from 123 to 120 depends on the day some days 119.8 KG,This morning 121KG On week 5
my question is are all loseing weight on propoints and realy what is the differance in the points
iam a loud to eat 50 points ,on old WWfor men that was 30points
i did ATKINS for a few months and no matter what i did on that i only lost down to this 120KG but iam not going back to that way of eating ,
iam just one of these people that just has to look at food and i put weight on
Any help would be great just trying to get my head round it
Big Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 10:33 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Big Dave,

I can't help you with the WW points question since I am a calorie counter, but just wanted to welcome you to 3FC and especially to our forum. Some of the other members here do WW, so hopefully, they will chime in with some info about the points. If not, you may want to pop in the WW forum and get some answers there. Regardless, feel free to join any of the group chats here at Age 50+.

Last edited by Jane; 02-18-2012 at 10:34 PM.
Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 04:32 PM   #3  

Thanks, hope some one can
Old 02-19-2012, 07:57 PM   #4  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Dave, I'm hardly a WW person since I'm a calorie counter as well. But I did WW for 13 weeks. 5 of the weeks were on the old points and 8 were on the new. At the conversion, there was a lot of discussion about the "extra" points on the new system. Thing is, they just changed the way the points were calculated. Since I was a life long calorie counter, I counted the calories on the old system and on the new. Both allowed my 1200 calories. So the two systems are comparable with the exception of the free fruit and veges. I took that free fruit to heart and gained weight on the new points. I was eating upward of 600 cals of fruit a day (I love bananas ) I think if you're not addicted to fruit, the new system would work amazingly well. Addicted to veges is not calorie intensive like fruit and losing weight is all about burning more calories than taking in. doesn't matter how it is packaged (WW, calorie counting, SB), taking in less than expending will work. If WW works for you, then keep with it because it is an easier system. I know 2 men that have recently started WW and they have lost quite a bit. One is about 55 and has lost ~30 pounds (I'm guessing) and he looks great. The other is 25 and has lost 8 pounds and just started about 4 weeks ago (and he cheats). WW will work for you if you follow it.
Marie
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #5  
Made of Starstuff

Hey there Dave!

I hope you don't mind me chiming in. I'm a WeightWatchers member, and have been for many years. I was on the older WeightWatchers Points plans, and am currently successfully losing weight with PointsPlus, or ProPoints (as it's known if you're across the pond )

I know it's a little difficult to start, but here's the deal with the Points. Older Points plans (Momentum/TurnAround) are calculated entirely differently than are PointsPlus / ProPoints. They might have the word Points in them, but they are different formulas. The whole system was worked over, so while you might have had 30 Points before you now get 50 if that's what it says Online.

The best thing to do when beginning ProPoints is to put the older points systems out of your mind. It's essentially a different plan, and any member crossing them together could actually inhibit their weight loss.

The Olders Points Plans used straight up calories, fat and fiber. The newer Points plans are a little more involved since they use Fat, Carbs, Fiber and Protein. With the PointsPlus/ProPoints plans, WW is attempting to direct members towards overall healthier food choices. Along with following the Good Health Guidelines, ProPoints is a fairly balanced plan.

As Jane mentioned, if you have any WW-specific questions there's a whole section dedicated to WeightWatchers and their various plans under Diet Central. Here's the link!

As always around 3FC, feel free to ask questions and participate where you're comfortable. The members here are very eager to share their experiences and help others in finding the right plans for their food

Last edited by Lovely; 02-19-2012 at 08:44 PM.
Lovely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:14 PM   #6  

Many thanks for reply it was the fruit that was getting me i love fruit
but weight is not comeing off as fast as i would like ,mind you it took years to put on ,
its maybe an age thing now